Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rasberry Pi with touch Screen

Options
  • 24-06-2017 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Have a collection that will be going on display once finished. Id like to have some information about each item in the collection presented in video form on a little screen in front of the display.

What Id ideally like is rasberry pi with a touchscreen that allows me to play the video on constant loop. Something with about a 6in screen would be ideal.

While Im pretty sure its possible, Im not sure where to start with what gathering the pieces for this. Anyone done anything like this, or could point me in the direction of a tutorial for this. Might be tons out there but Ive never worked with Pi before a good starting point would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

wobbles wrote: »
    Have a collection that will be going on display once finished. Id like to have some information about each item in the collection presented in video form on a little screen in front of the display.

What Id ideally like is rasberry pi with a touchscreen that allows me to play the video on constant loop. Something with about a 6in screen would be ideal.

While Im pretty sure its possible, Im not sure where to start with what gathering the pieces for this. Anyone done anything like this, or could point me in the direction of a tutorial for this. Might be tons out there but Ive never worked with Pi before a good starting point would be great
    Is it going to be a display for each item in the collection? Either way, would you be better off with a tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Thanks, I will take a look at these. Ideally I would love a kit for the first one with everything I need. Once I have built one and know how to put it together, I can source parts for the rest of the units i need later
    Lu Tze wrote: »
    Is it going to be a display for each item in the collection? Either way, would you be better off with a tablet?

I want to build the screen into the display unit. I think I can do this better with a Pi than a tablet, as I can screw the pi in place and not worry about it being stolen. I can also hide all the cabling behind the display instead of the charge point being on the end of the tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

wobbles wrote: »
    I want to build the screen into the display unit. I think I can do this better with a Pi than a tablet, as I can screw the pi in place and not worry about it being stolen. I can also hide all the cabling behind the display instead of the charge point being on the end of the tablet

It's going to be pretty much the same thing as both the pi screen and the tablet would need at least one cable coming from one side of the device, so it's the same amount of hiding, except the tablet would be an all in one device.

Advertisement