Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Views on new ipad?

Options
  • 24-06-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

New ipad is quite cheap..cheaper than old ipad 2...
    Any views on how it fares for general browsing movies etc?
    My old nexus 9 is rubbish so looking to change and new Samsung tab is 700€...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Oh I really want the new iPad pro 10.5 with the Pencil.

The new iOS isn't out until autumn so I'll probably wait until then as it won't have the functionality until then.

Zipppy wrote: »
    New ipad is quite cheap..cheaper than old ipad 2...
    Any views on how it fares for general browsing movies etc?
    My old nexus 9 is rubbish so looking to change and new Samsung tab is 700€...

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

If you just want in iPad for casual gaming, browsing, watching videos etc then I think the new iPad is a great choice, and reasonably priced for an Apple product. Any of the iPad Pros would be way overkill for a casual user, and would be far more expensive.

Alternatively, a refurbished iPad from the refurb store would also be a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

MillField wrote:
    Alternatively, a refurbished iPad from the

Ah yes forgot about refurbished option...how would refurb ipad air be versus new standard ipad?

out of interest...a silly question...besides email, browsing, videos, what would you be at to need ipad pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

A refurb Air 2 would be the sweet spot imo. It has a better screen (which tbh is the main thing for a tablet) and its processor is not that much different than the iPad.

In terms of an iPad Pro, I was on a flight recently and the guy beside me had the brand new 10.5" iPad Pro. He was composing mails, using OneNote, handwriting notes, jotting down ideas and using the various added other features such as swipeover etc. Perfect for him but for the Average Joe? Not so much imo...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Zipppy wrote: »
    Ah yes forgot about refurbished option...how would refurb ipad air be versus new standard ipad?

out of interest...a silly question...besides email, browsing, videos, what would you be at to need ipad pro?

The iPad Pro is Pro in name only. It's basically the new iPad Air. Better screen, better performance, pencil support, etc. Reviews of the latest model are extremely positive. The 120Hz refresh rate has been compared to the upgrade to Retina. Basically if you want the latest iPad, get the Pro. If you just want a cheap iPad, get the new low end model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement