Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrested for shoplifting

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Suz Suz wrote: »
    Thank you....your opinion is valued...
    If no kids yet I hope God doesn't slap you with one with disabilities and then you'll realise how hard and mean life can turn out to be.God forbid ofcourse but thanks

I know its hard I never said it wasn't, however If you centre your life around a kids disability and are using that as an excuse to justify your own misjudged actions, that's where I find fault.

Its a bit ironic being "slapped" , every child is a blessing, that's so indignant to people who can't conceive.

I know friends who have children who aren't equally able as other kids, however they've managed to do everything right. They've worked hard while managing to care for their children and never even expected a cent off the government.

OP perhaps take this as an opportunity to better yourself.

OP I hope you get an education in prison and learn to work and survive the right way. There's too many career single Moms using any excuse not to work and survive off benefits. That's not a life really.
    I know its hard I never said it wasn't, however If you centre your life around a kids disability and are using that as an excuse to justify your own misjudged actions, that's where I find fault.

Its a bit ironic being "slapped" , every child is a blessing, that's so indignant to people who can't conceive.

I know friends who have children who aren't equally able as other kids, however they've managed to do everything right. They've worked hard while managing to care for their children and never even expected a cent off the government.

The ONLY time the OP mentioned she had a disabled child (before you pottered in) was to explain why she doesn't have a job not to excuse what she had done.

I'm fascinated to know how you're "friends" (who, to be comparable to this woman, are all presumably on their own after being abandoned and humiliated) are managing full-time care for their severely disabled children without expecting a cent from the government.

The OP is clearly scared, confused and sorry for what she did so try taking off your judgey pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

OP I hope you get an education in prison and learn to work and survive the right way. There's too many career single Moms using any excuse not to work and survive off benefits. That's not a life really.

Career single moms?
    The op is a carer for a disabled child, who exactly do you think should care for her child while she goes to work?

What your friends do or don't do has no bearing on other peoples situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Get yourself a free legal aid solicitor.
    Your solicitor will explain to the judge what happened. Judges are very sympathetic to first time genuine cases. They have the option to give you the probation act.
    Try not get too stressed about this but don't ignore the court date either.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Suz Suz

Unfortunately threads like this attract the Pharisees. We all have faults-different types etc But faults nonetheless. I might do x which you would never do but you would do Y-which I woudnt do.

Thank you and may God bless you abundantly.I made a terrible mistake,hope God and the system forgives coz I'll make wiser decisions from now on.Thanks again

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Get yourself a free legal aid solicitor.
    Your solicitor will explain to the judge what happened. Judges are very sympathetic to first time genuine cases. They have the option to give you the probation act.
    Try not get too stressed about this but don't ignore the court date either.
    Good luck

Thank you...
    I will do exactly that...on being stressed I swear its killing me...am just from church and I don't think I'll attend it again..I was looking at pple and going like..."it's just a matter of time you see me in the newspapers and then you'll want nothing to do with me" am sooo scared...
    Thanks for your support.much appreciated

Career single moms?
    The op is a carer for a disabled child, who exactly do you think should care for her child while she goes to work?

What your friends do or don't do has no bearing on other peoples situations.

Thank you for your very much needed and appreciated support.God bless

The ONLY time the OP mentioned she had a disabled child (before you pottered in) was to explain why she doesn't have a job not to excuse what she had done.

I'm fascinated to know how you're "friends" (who, to be comparable to this woman, are all presumably on their own after being abandoned and humiliated) are managing full-time care for their severely disabled children without expecting a cent from the government.

The OP is clearly scared, confused and sorry for what she did so try taking off your judgey pants.

Ooh dear God...thank you thank you thank you...I'll never make any excuse for what I did...that's why I don't even wanna insist on the cctv of when n how and all....I wanna face it coz am guilty...am totally scared and confused and sorry...I am...
    I wish to God I had family/friend or just...oooh God..I'll fill out a form that will ask who to call incase of emergency or next of kin and I'll have no one to write besides my daughter's assistant... it's that bad I wanna bury myself somewhere...
    Thanks for standing up for me..God bless

Colser wrote: »
    In fairness her husband left her and she has a child with problems...hardly a typical single mom who set out to play the system.

OP I think you need to go to court,tell the truth and accept the outcome.Your story is dubious to say the least so get it straight in your head as you will be caught out if you lie and that will definitely make matters worse.

The bigger problem here is your mental state in relation to your ex hubby and friend.That's a massive blow to get and I think that's the cause of most of your problems.You need massive help with that and you have to see your ex for what he is,a cheating liar and get it into your head that they're welcome to each other.

Where are your family and could you contact any of them for help?

Thanks a million for your support...
    I'll see a solicitor tomorrow..my Doc is really supportive and I've been going for therapy...as of family none whatsoever...not even a distant relative. As of friends..ex succeeded making I had none at all...how else would he have managed to hold on to that secret for that long...he's Killied me...literary...if this is pasted in the newspapers am sure he'll be the happiest man alive...OMG..GOD
    He called me weak and stupid...maybe I am!
    Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Once again...thanks
    Am happy and proud of them parents that are able to juggle work and taking care of their kids with SEVERE disabilities...God bless them and always strengthen and uplift them.
    Unfortunately I can't and especially now.And yes...our kids are such a blessing...she's the reason am alive today otherwise....
    As I said...your opinion is valid .God bless.

Thanks a million for your support...
    I'll see a solicitor tomorrow..my Doc is really supportive and I've been going for therapy...as of family none whatsoever...not even a distant relative. As of friends..ex succeeded making I had none at all...how else would he have managed to hold on to that secret for that long...he's Killied me...literary...if this is pasted in the newspapers am sure he'll be the happiest man alive...OMG..GOD
    He called me weak and stupid...maybe I am!
    Thanks again.

Thanks Colser...
    OOHH God...a few pple including you have said my story sounds dubious I've started to doubt myself...It's scary coz thats exactly what happened...and since I have time and you sound among others so understanding and forgiving let me make it clearer to you...am not here to lie or sugar coat what I did,am here for advice and support...so if I lie am lying to myself...It's a few weeks back..not everything won't fit of the €73 purchase...just 3 items...when my daughter was trying one...she ripped off the tag...I didn't notice that right away though till later...she refused to try all the same day so it took me a few days to return...thought the receipt could be in two places...my handbag or the penneys bag...nope! It didn't bother me a lot coz I thought it was straight forward...I was looking to exchange not refund...when I got there and talked to the lady...before she even looked at me she asked for the receipt...when I explained she adamantly said she can't exchange..I insisted on talking as I removed the items from the bag just so to prove they 're good as new in perfect order..the first one I placed on the counter top unfortunately was the one without a tag and one look at it she was done...it caught Me off guard as well coz I hadn't noticed...so I put it back in the bag..must admit I was upset and left...I remember I threw the bag in the boot of the car and pretended to forget it...only I couldn't...
    A few weeks went by...couldn't get over I've lost €43 after trying so hard to save up for her shopping...I couldn't even look at the bag...thought of dropping them at the charity shop which I now wish I did..
    Omg...that's when the worst thought hit me...ooh God...I went in with the bag and pretended to shop....It took me so long coz i was a nervous wreck...at one point I was trembling but since I had already removed what I had in the bag I figured I had better get it over with...
    Just for the note...when I couldn't change that was about a week after purchase that's when I came back and turned to all the bins and all I found was one corner of it where the prices are...the rest...I swear no clue where it disappeared to...I had already recycled one bin n I suspect it could've been there with the tag...
    OOHH dear God...am extremely stressed out...
    Sorry for pouring my stress on you and thxx

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Eh, that CCTV footage is your defence!

OOHH Big...thxx but I think it doesn't defend me in anyway coz they are not denying I took back the items...the fact is they said they couldn't exchange...and then...even if it shows me removing the ones in my bag...so what...that's not the crime...the crime is what i did next which was terrible and I want to own it...apologise and hope for the best...the whole thing is so stressful and embarrassing..and I figure the faster I'll be done with it the better...and I just could stand a better chance of not seeing me in the paper's which is my worst nightmare.
    Thxx again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

Taking care of a child that is disabled is a full time job, your remarks are ill thought, out, cold and paints an ugly picture. Parents of disabled children have it tough every hour of every day, mentally and physically. This country most certainly should look after those in need so their basic needs are met plus being given the option to have a better life. If you want to see where money is wasted the most you don't need to look to far to the corridors of power and their relationships with big business.

As for you OP I can only imagine the stress you are under. Nothing will happen you, explain your circumstances and throw in the absolute exhaustion you seem to be under. Next time something like this happens ask to speak to a manager and explain yourself properly, if you had if explained yourself to a manager that you have a daughter who I disabled and difficult to dress then I'm sure you would have gotten a different response.

Also go to your local social welfare officer and make sure you are getting the maximum supports possible including being able to have breaks from home for yourself.

Taking care of a child that is disabled is a full time job, your remarks are ill thought, out, cold and paints an ugly picture. Parents of disabled children have it tough every hour of every day, mentally and physically. This country most certainly should look after those in need so their basic needs are met plus being given the option to have a better life. If you want to see where money is wasted the most you don't need to look to far to the corridors of power and their relationships with big business.

As for you OP I can only imagine the stress you are under. Nothing will happen you, explain your circumstances and throw in the absolute exhaustion you seem to be under. Next time something like this happens ask to speak to a manager and explain yourself properly, if you had if explained yourself to a manager that you have a daughter who I disabled and difficult to dress then I'm sure you would have gotten a different response.

Also go to your local social welfare officer and make sure you are getting the maximum supports possible including being able to have breaks from home for yourself.

Ooh dea...thanks a million for your understanding,support and kind words...God bless...I just wish that thought crossed my mind instead of the one I got...talking to the manager..
    Am still working to get more support...
    And I'll make sure this NEVER happens again...You right...I wish I can storm into the court rooms tomorrow and get it over with...I can pay anything for one night of sound sleep right now...
    Thank you...

• Administrators Posts: 14,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'll never make any excuse for what I did...that's why I don't even wanna insist on the cctv of when n how and all....I wanna face it coz am guilty

So what advice do you want, OP? Asking for the CCTV footage to be checked to see that you swapped, rather than stole something, is a defence that you can use.

If you're not going to take advice that people are taking the time to offer you, I don't see any reason to allow the thread to remain open.

Could you please clarify what advice you are looking for. If none, then we will lock the thread.

• Advertisement

So what advice do you want, OP? Asking for the CCTV footage to be checked to see that you swapped, rather than stole something, is a defence that you can use.

If you're not going to take any of the advice that people are taking the time to offer you, I font see any reason to allow the thread to remain open.

Could you please clarify what advice you are looking for. If none, then we will lock the thread.

Am sorry...okkk...please....I have booked to see a solicitor tomorrow..I'll talk to her about it n see what she says...am sorry..am not thinking straight I swear...I'll definitely talk to the solicitor...please don't lock it yet...
    Thank you

Could I just ask...will it make any difference if I wrote a letter of apology to Penneys?
    And maybe contribute something small to charity? I know I don't have much if any but am just sooo beyond sorry and maybe...just maybe it can show how sorry I am?
    Thanks.

• Administrators Posts: 14,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Locked for review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement