Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost phone in Dublin

Options
  • 24-06-2017 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I was in town on Thursday night into Friday morning. I know it is a long shot but would anyone reading this have found a Sony Xperia Z3? The phone died early in the night so it may have been left in the taxi. I contacted store street and shankhill but nothing was handed in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Try messaging this group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/lostandfounddublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kevbrady38

No luck,not sure if I should give up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

You're asking for a miracle tbh. Dead phone lost in Dublin.

Maybe if you give details of your whereabouts from the last time you know you had it and then give some details about where you were at what time up until you knew it was missing.

Find the facebook pages for relevant places/towns and post up there.

How did you pay for taxi? If card, can you find the taxi company and then car you travelled in?

Be fast. A lost phone is ancient history very fast

I started in fibbers on Parnell st. Then we went towards Harcourt st. We didn't go into anywhere on Harcourt street, just zaythoon. I messaged fibbers and zaythoon the next day, neither found it. I know it would be a miracle, but worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Did you try the locate my android at the time?. It can normally pin point the phone up to a couple of meters. Might be a good place to ask if left in a bar or something like that.

• Advertisement

The phone was dead going in so it can't be located using the tracker. I asked the bar but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I guess your only hope would be that someone turns it on again.

But unfortunately I would say your chances are slim and it is likely been unlocked in a phone shop by now if found. You never know though, someone contacted me over Facebook a few months ago to let me know they found my wallet. It was a really nice gesture, then met up with me about a week or so later to give it back to me.

Advertisement