Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part worn tyres Limerick

• 24-06-2017 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

I know this has been asked before but I would like to know if part worn tyres are still available and where in Limerick can I purchase them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know the tyre place up in kennedy park used to do them before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

Any breakers yard around limerick. You could get a car that the owner fitted new tyres too before crashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Thomond Tyres or as suggested try a breakers yard like Jack Moore's. I'd avoid Bob Sweeney if it was me as he's a robbing b@stard imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Breakers yard your best bet I'd say, a lot of the regular tyre yards that did do them don't anymore for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Thomond Tyres or as suggested try a breakers yard like Jack Moore's. I'd avoid Bob Sweeney if it was me as he's a robbing b@stard imo.

I have to agree with this Bob Sweeney's is a rip off. I had to laugh at what he was looking for for parts. $$$$$$

Try the tyre shop in Patrickswell if possible they have decent part worn and at good prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is legislation coming in soon which will ban part worn tyres from being sold here due to safety issues and lack of regulations around how they are tested, this is why alot of places don't deal in them anymore.

If buying them from a breaker's yard just make sure you see the car they are on before even thinking of taking them. You really don't want to be messing with tyres that were on a car involved in a collision from your own as well as others safety, just to save a few euro. Remember that tyres and brakes are all that keep you and your car on the road.

Advertisement