Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 24-06-2017 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My sis in law is home for a few weeks she has hired a car . My question is can I drive it 43 yr old male with my own policy on my car

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Read your insurance certificate and policy documents. Anything told to you on the Internet could land you in serious trouble if wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

Taking a guess here, but probably not. Your own policy *probably* has something written about driving other cars only with the permission of the owner, who, in this case, would be the rental company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Redfence74 wrote: »
    My sis in law is home for a few weeks she has hired a car . My question is can I drive it 43 yr old male with my own policy on my car

Hire cars are generally excluded from the driving of other cars extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Redfence74

Thanks was thinking team same myself

Advertisement