Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moby Aria Carrier

Options
  • 24-06-2017 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi, I bought the Moby Aria baby carrier today in TK maxx for €50 (down from €100). Just wondering if anyone had one and what did they think? Baby not due until October so I probably should have waited but it seemed like a decent price. I haven't tried it on yet as bump is in the way. But I I have a couple weeks to return it. Have looked online and lots of positive reviews but also ones that say the quality isn't great and it can come apart after a while.

So has anyone here tried and and would they recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yep I have it and am very jealous of everyone that got it for €50! Mine is two years old now and still perfect, my friend's came apart at the seams but the company replaced it no problem, I know about 5 people that have it and she's the only one that had that problem. I love it, so quick to put on and so soft. I haven't used it for a newborn as I had a stretchy wrap until he was 4 months old but I think it will definitely be comfortable for mum/dad and baby early on too.

Join the babywearing ireland page on fb or attend a sling library locally if you want advice or help with positioning etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Oooh interesting! Might head to my local TK maxx tomorrow for a scout! Maybe I'll be lucky! I've seen them online for not much more than that, but It would be easier to buy it there so I could nip home, try it with babs and just drop it back if it didn't suit

jlm29 wrote: »
    Oooh interesting! Might head to my local TK maxx tomorrow for a scout! Maybe I'll be lucky! I've seen them online for not much more than that, but It would be easier to buy it there so I could nip home, try it with babs and just drop it back if it didn't suit

I think they might be sold out in a lot of them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I think they might be sold out in a lot of them now.

I'm sure they are, but I'll have a quick look anyhow. one can hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Yep I have it and am very jealous of everyone that got it for €50! Mine is two years old now and still perfect, my friend's came apart at the seams but the company replaced it no problem, I know about 5 people that have it and she's the only one that had that problem. I love it, so quick to put on and so soft. I haven't used it for a newborn as I had a stretchy wrap until he was 4 months old but I think it will definitely be comfortable for mum/dad and baby early on too.

Join the babywearing ireland page on fb or attend a sling library locally if you want advice or help with positioning etc.

Thanks very much. It seems like I got an ok deal then. I wasn't sure as hadn't put it on me. I tried it last night (with large bump in the way) and it seemed quite comfortable. The material seemed very soft. I'm delighted you speak highly of it. As I'm excited to try it now when baby comes 😊

• Advertisement

It's so soft isn't it! Myself and my friend tried it and others on when pregnant, as soon as we each tried the Aria we were like "oh yep this is the one!" :)

Yea really soft! I'd say baby will be nice and snug in it! Hopefully she takes to it!

O question. If you breast fed, do you or any of your friends know if it was easy to breast feed in? Thanks again.

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    O question. If you breast fed, do you or any of your friends know if it was easy to breast feed in? Thanks again.

I only fed in it once I think, sitting on a train when he was about 6 months, so I'm not a great judge of that but I think it should be quite easy as you can adjust one strap really easily. My friends all breastfed but I think they all had stretchy wraps early on and some only got it as the follow on carrier when their children were 1+ and I actually just don't know if they fed in them.

I was just never a fan of/great at bf in slings, I only managed it once in the stretchy wrap too. For me I got all hot and flustered trying it with the carrier on and found it easier to just take it off and sit and feed but that's just me. My son has always favoured a cradle hold to feed in from birth until now (he's 2 since April) so I think maybe in the carrier didn't suit him either! :)

Ok thanks. I might just see how the feeding part goes. But if the sling is easy to get baby in and out of it might just be easier to take her out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

Was hoping to get one of these in to maxx Tralee today but all gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just wondering if the aria in tk max comes with the accessories? Saw it there this week but didn't pay attention to what was in the box!
    I am trying to decide between 3 carriers!! Also was told the blue colour wears the best? Thanks

Millem wrote: »
    Just wondering if the aria in tk max comes with the accessories? Saw it there this week but didn't pay attention to what was in the box!
    I am trying to decide between 3 carriers!! Also was told the blue colour wears the best? Thanks

What accessories? It should come with all the same stuff, hood, toddler insert, suck pads, all the random silly straps/holders for the waist belt. It's the exact same product so they would all be with it. The black attracts fluff like crazy, I have the grey one, it's two years old and looks like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

What accessories? It should come with all the same stuff, hood, toddler insert, suck pads, all the random silly straps/holders for the waist belt. It's the exact same product so they would all be with it. The black attracts fluff like crazy, I have the grey one, it's two years old and looks like new.

Apparently the aria is discontinued and it's now called the comfort. The comfort doesn't come with any of the things you have listed. You pay for them extra.
    It's the pads over the straps (suck pads) that I want!!
    Tk max still has aria €55. No found the comfort for €45 online or €64.50 with the accessories you have listed.
    The only difference between the aria and comfort (that I can see) is there is a mesh panel on front of aria.
    I have hairy dogs so grey would suit me best but was told ththe grey can get grubby looking easily.

Advertisement