Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting some odd looks

Options
  • 24-06-2017 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I have a 14 year old car that's very reliable, and with a set of fantastic speakers. But the point of this thread is that I get some weird and odd looks from people on the street when I'm playing some of the bands that I love like The Cult, Type O, Old Man's Child, Pink Floyd, Amon Amarth, Fleetwood Mac, Dimmu Borgir, Moonspell, Heart, Scorpions, Paradise Lost, Maiden, Billy Idol, Amorphis, Thin Lizzy, Faith No More etc. To be honest I do get a kick out of it of course. I think people maybe expect to hear trendy poppy or that horrible dance/rave so called music. Does anybody else who has a car get weird and odd looks from people? :rolleyes: And if so what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

I have a 14 year old car that's very reliable, and with a set of fantastic speakers. But the point of this thread is that I get some weird and odd looks from people on the street when I'm playing some of the bands that I love like The Cult, Type O, Old Man's Child, Pink Floyd, Amon Amarth, Fleetwood Mac, Dimmu Borgir, Moonspell, Heart, Scorpions, Paradise Lost, Maiden, Billy Idol, Amorphis, Thin Lizzy, Faith No More etc. To be honest I do get a kick out of it of course. I think people maybe expect to hear trendy poppy or that horrible dance/rave so called music. Does anybody else who has a car get weird and odd looks from people? :rolleyes: And if so what do you think?

**** people. Play it loud and proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

**** people. Play it loud and proud.

Very very true.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd love to pass you on the street! I've never heard a car with loud music where I thought "f**k yeah!".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does anybody else who has a car get weird and odd looks from people? :rolleyes: And if so what do you think?
    I never cared enough to notice if people could hear my music.

Although the rear-view mirror would sometimes shake due to the volume :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Was blaring the new Dying Fetus in my ****ty (but also reliable) 15 year old Daewoo. Feck everyone else*

* as long as you concentrate on the road and don't headbang behind the wheel!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

haha i got caught small bitta headbanging in the car the other day (thought no-one was around to avoid looks too)...well there was 2 lads there but got the thumbs up haha
    odd looks are normal to, might as well stand out :)

seachto7 wrote: »
    I'd love to pass you on the street! I've never heard a car with loud music where I thought "f**k yeah!".

If you see a silver 1.6 VW Golf with a spoiler, alloys and new looking tires with a skin head driving (in the Tallaght area) thats me. You'll probably hear stuff like Dimmu Borgir, Keep of Kalessin, Pink Floyd, Bowie, Nokturnal Mortum, Emperor, Neph's, then that's me:).

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Finished work last week when the weather was scorching. Pulling out of the car park in my 03 vectra with all the windows down and Pantera, Corrosion of Comformity and Crowbar blaring. I was getting some mad looks but Feck it!

Good bands. When you get the mad looks, you definitely get a good kick out of it for sure.

me_irl wrote: »
    Was blaring the new Dying Fetus in my ****ty (but also reliable) 15 year old Daewoo. Feck everyone else*

* as long as you concentrate on the road and don't headbang behind the wheel!

Wouldn't be too mad on Dying Fetus, but to each his/her own. That's true about not headbanging behind the wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If other people can drive around blaring pop music incessantly, I don't see anything wrong with blasting a bit of metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

As long as its not the latest Alestorm album...
    "F***ed with an anchor" is a bit too far out there (if there is such a thing as being too far out there?)

I'd defy anyone to not tap the steering wheel along to it though (its basically set to the tune of "I'm a little teapot")

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

As long as its not the latest Alestorm album...
    "F***ed with an anchor" is a bit too far out there (if there is such a thing as being too far out there?)

I'd defy anyone to not tap the steering wheel along to it though (its basically set to the tune of "I'm a little teapot")
    Fucked With An Anchor is great live, especially with a crowd who know the words (seen them at Download). However, I don't think the Fucked With An Anchor (for dogs) version would go down too well :pac:

As an aside: I rarely hear any cars blasting out good rock or metal tunes these days. It would be welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

Does anybody else who has a car get weird and odd looks from people? :rolleyes: And if so what do you think?

Yes.
    & I don't know what to think about the weird looks I get; my stereo' s not even on :(

entropi wrote: »
    Fucked With An Anchor is great live, especially with a crowd who know the words (seen them at Download). However, I don't think the Fucked With An Anchor (for dogs) version would go down too well :pac:

As an aside: I rarely hear any cars blasting out good rock or metal tunes these days. It would be welcome!

Neither do I, it's mostly that damn awful dance, rave or charts music. I'd give them the horns to show my appreciation of their music. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Neither do I, it's mostly that damn awful dance, rave or charts music. I'd give them the horns to show my appreciation of their music. :D
    What exactly are you referring to when you mention "dance music"? You do realise that dance music refers to any type of music which is usually accompanied by dancing. Unless you are referring to EDM, which in itself is a very general term and covers a large multitude of musical styles.

You need to be more specific really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

dance music refers to any type of music which is usually accompanied by dancing.

You'd be surprised what you can dance to when you're off yer head on bangers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Bought a brand new Octavia the other day and get some weird looks going around pumping hell awaits out full whack. Maybe I'm supposed to be liking Coldplay or some bollox like that🀘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

You'd be surprised what you can dance to when you're off yer head on bangers :D
    I like to dance to Throbbing Gristle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I like to dance to Throbbing Gristle.
    Jaysus yad want to have some 'discipline' to take that on

• Advertisement

cd07 wrote: »
    Bought a brand new Octavia the other day and get some weird looks going around pumping hell awaits out full whack. Maybe I'm supposed to be liking Coldplay or some bollox like that��

'Hell Awaits' is a great album indeed, and the Skoda Octavia is also a really great car for sure.:)

Advertisement