Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Bag Recommendations

Options
  • 24-06-2017 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

First baby and clueless!! Any tips and or recommendation for what is a key feature, handy use and brand for changing bags?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mammy2016

Congrats! I got a really nice changing bag in smyths toystore.
    It has plenty of compartments for all baby stuff and was reasonably priced at 30 quid.
    Good luck with the new arrival.
    Easypeasey wrote: »
    First baby and clueless!! Any tips and or recommendation for what is a key feature, handy use and brand for changing bags?

Cheers

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

My advice was that you don't have to spend an arm and a leg, but by the same token, don't buy one that's flimsy. We got one in Tony Kealys for about €40 and it was great, it had a "messy bag" inside (basically a waterproof ziploc bag that you can put soiled items into) and also a thermal compartment for a bottle, so you could put a freshly made bottle in there and it would keep it hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I got my first in Tk maxx, was a nice and big skip hop for 40, loved that the bottom opened up with a insulated pouch to store three food containers for when they wean.

This time I couldn't find any like above for these than 80, so got one on deal rush for 24 with shipping that has an insulated bottle bag, mat, and dirties bag. A bit smaller but seems nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anne2014

I got a really good one in mothercare 3 yrs ago, it cost me €60 which I felt was pricey at the time but it was worth it. It has loads of compartments and after being used everyday for 2 and a half yrs it still looks brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

I've just bought the Beaba Geneve 2 changing bag and I love it. It's usually around €60 but we got it on sale for €48. It's really spacious and has an isothermic meal pouch, removable changing mat, soother bag etc. It was the first one I fund that I loved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I bought a stokke one as it wasn't too big. I really wanted something that wasn't too big as the bigger a bag I have, the more stuff I put in whether I need it or not. I breastfed so didn't look for one that had extras for bottles etc as I didn't think them necessary. As it stands now it has plenty space for a few nappies, wipes, change of clothes, some food if necessary an a few toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I just use a big handbag. Different categories of stuff live in large ikea freezer bags. 1 for nappy change, 1 for outfit change and 1 for food. Works well and helps me to feel normal instead of mombot 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Was looking at a beautiful storksak bag when I was expecting my second. Thankfully came to senses and decided I'd spent enough on baby related stuff. Spent the storksak money on a beautiful handbag for myself instead. For the first five months I used to throw a few nappies and a change of clothes under the pram because I was breastfeeding and then I picked up a little frozen!! backpack that would still fit under the buggy with the few bits I needed. Was so lovely not having to cart around a huge gaudy changing bag full of stuff I really don't need to be carting about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Handy things about the one I had (from Baby Elegance) were that 1) It included a wee matching nappy change mat, in a small compartment in the bottom, nicer to use it than putting a wee newborn baby straight down on a grubby changing table. 2) Loads and loads of compartments. 3) Foil compartment for keeping bottle/food warm or cold. 4) When he (inevitably) puked all over and inside it - reflux baby - it washed really well. 5) It was pretty and purple!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Use a backpack - I worked as a nanny for years and I could never understand mothers carrying these massive baby bags around with them; one shoulder bags that wreck your back and are a total rip off to buy. I hated all those tiny compartments - the more of them there are the more difficult it is to find anything! I have a Sporthouse backpack that I have used at work and that I am going to use for my own now. Easy to carry and loads of room for whatever I need (which is not that much if you;re clever about it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anne2014

I would hate a back pack! Mine goes on the pushchair or across my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have to agree with hcass.only used baby bag for number one for a few months moved to back pack. Still use one now on day trips way easier pockets drove me mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

hcass wrote: »
    Use a backpack - I worked as a nanny for years and I could never understand mothers carrying these massive baby bags around with them; one shoulder bags that wreck your back and are a total rip off to buy. I hated all those tiny compartments - the more of them there are the more difficult it is to find anything! I have a Sporthouse backpack that I have used at work and that I am going to use for my own now. Easy to carry and loads of room for whatever I need (which is not that much if you;re clever about it!)

Yep, this! Second baby and learned my lesson after lugging a strap bag around on my first, I hated them. Backpack is so handy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I have the big one from Baby Elegance, that's around 40. I'm basically fitting an entire nursing room in there. Handy for spontaneous whole days out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Have twins. Backpack is essential. I have a baby mule backpack which I got for Christmas and I love it.

Advertisement