Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload Image

Options
  • 25-06-2017 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to upload an image into a post where I am typing i.e. not attach it but want it to be viable with my text. I have tried loads of things but cannot get it done properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,442 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

This ^
    I'm here for eight years and I've never been able to figure out how to do this from my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Send In The Robots

Simply upload it to a image hosting service 1st e.g. imgur.com, postimage etc
    Then wrap the image location of e.g. www....lolcat.jpg with the [IMG][/IMG] brackets.
    Should work from a phone, but more tricky copying and pasting urls.

aid525207-v4-728px-Make-a-Lolcat-Step-1.jpg

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Alternatively, when replying, click Go Advanced / Post Reply to get the Advanced Editor. Underneath where you type your reply is an Additional Options box. Attach Files is one header with a Manage Attachments button. Click that and you'll be able to upload a file from your computer. This gives you a link, which you can then use with the Insert Image tool.

I hope that helps. If you want to try these methods out for yourself, the Test forum is great for posting without the pressure of having to get it right first time.

420767.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,442 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There's none of those things on Touch unfortunately.
    When I tap 'attach files' it only posts a link.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It is possible to also embed the attachment not link to it, by putting the attachment link in IMG tags. But I suspect that's not feasible on the touch site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Embedding an attachment on touch is a pain but doable. It involves:

Writing your post and attaching image.
    Posting that (without image embedded)
    Opening the attachment and copying the link.
    Editing the post, to add the image link where you need it (use [ img] tags now)
    Submitting the edited post.

Try it out in the test forum Mark linked to and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Simply upload it to a image hosting service 1st e.g. imgur.com, postimage etc
    Then wrap the image location of e.g. www....lolcat.jpg with the [IMG][/IMG] brackets.
    Should work from a phone, but more tricky copying and pasting urls.

aid525207-v4-728px-Make-a-Lolcat-Step-1.jpg

Thanks, I did this in the end.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Glad to hear you've found a way. Another option is to change over to the Legacy site from the footer of the website and it gives you the other options listed above.

Can I ask what browser and OS you're using please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Glad to hear you've found a way. Another option is to change over to the Legacy site from the footer of the website and it gives you the other options listed above.

Can I ask what browser and OS you're using please?

Windows 10 and Chrome. I always use the Legacy site so had those options just wasn't sure how to use them but sorted now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement