Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with the pro tempted by the one X?

Options
  • 25-06-2017 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

As the title says is anyone who owns the PS4 pro tempted by the one X reveal? Just wondering what the general consensus is on it from people who purchased the pro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'm not going to bite. It will end up being like the Pro. The majority of games will not run native 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I think I will get one too...... I have a pro and was saying to myself that I will not bite, but Im a sucker and have already put my name on the Gamestop website to be notified when they are ready to take pre orders..... I have not had a xbox since the 360, I wonder would my gamertag still be mine ?

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I think I will get one too...... I have a pro and was saying to myself that I will not bite, but Im a sucker and have already put my name on the Gamestop website to be notified when they are ready to take pre orders..... I have not had a xbox since the 360, I wonder would my gamertag still be mine ?

There was a change last year re: gamer tags to free them up. Can't recall exactly but I think it was any one not logged in for 5 years or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

No, no interest at all. I have an Xbox One which gets little enough use as it is. I despise the UI and can't see why people seem to prefer the Xbox controller to the DS4 (feels like a step back from the 360 pad to me. The 4 green lights were cool), but the main reason is that I couldn't care less about the exclusives. Forza, Halo and Gears are way too stale now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

No real intreats at all but i will prob buy it for some reason as i buy every single games console !!!!!.

I have a 4K HDR TV so at lest i get some very good use out of it from games .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,809 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No. I was hoping for two things from Microsoft's E3 show; a €400 price tag and some exclusives that really took advantage of the X.

€500 is a great price for the machine you get and €400 would definitely be them selling it at a loss, but the jump in graphics simply just wouldn't be enough for me to justify spending €500 on it. And the lack of exclusives (as a lot of what MS showed were just "console launch exclusives" rather than actual new exclusive IPs) means I just can't justify it. I always go for more single-player story based games rather than multiplayer ones, and the XBOX just doesn't have any. I don't care about Forza, Crackdown 3 just seems like Saints Row 4 with more destruction and less fun, and even the back catalogue of Xbox One exclusives that I would want to play (mainly Gears of War 4), €500 is just too much to warrant it. Not when I already have the Pro.

Plus having tinkered round with mates' Xbox Ones and helped two uncles set up their ones for my cousins, I hate the UI. And I prefer the DS4 to the XB1 controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It will be a great console, with plenty of bang for your buck in terms of hardware, has a decent ecosystem behind it considering the software integration and the network behind it. But in terms of the games themselves it offers much less that the PS4 Pro, which I already have, and therefore I'd be pissing away that €500 for something that would essentially be useless to me.

I'm in the same boat as Penn in that I despise its UI, lived with a mate who owned an Xbox One S and I disliked it so much that I'd be put off even turning it on some evenings because it would mean I had to navigate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,809 ✭✭✭✭Penn

And that's my worry if I bought the X, even if a multi-platform game was coming out, I'd still be more likely to buy it on PS4 even if the graphics weren't as good because I prefer the UI and controller. The X would likely just become a 4K bluray player and maybe the odd exclusive or possibly one or two multi-platform games, but even then I'd likely only be doing that to justify buying the X rather than wanting to play the game on it.

It really is an impressive bit of kit though. They've done a hell of a job with it and deserve to be commended for same. Just... give us something worth buying it for. Hell, give us something worth buying even the S for for those who already have a PS4 or Pro. MS simply don't have enough big AAA exclusives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Even though i own an Xbox One S to go with my Pro, it's all about exclusives for me and that's were Sony wins hands down for me. I like the Halo series but that's it as far as MS exclusives go for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I hate the menus aswell a cousin of mine is the opposite and loves it , Had the X1 for about 4 months and then got rid of it no interesting games on it outside of gears 4 which was muck aswell :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement