Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer/Autumn Mart Trade 17'

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭kk.man

Cant understand it myself
    Your right ewe lambs are mad money. The worrying point is that they are mostly kept for hoggets next year. Me feels a burst coming in that side of things next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

kk.man wrote: »
    Your right ewe lambs are mad money. The worrying point is that they are mostly kept for hoggets next year. Me feels a burst coming in that side of things next year.

Bad lamb prices for Easter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

kk.man wrote: »

Idk will there though . theres only a certain amount of hoggets making good money. 170+. The good hogget will stay the same cos theres only a certan amt of tgem . its the people buying the lambs thatd be oherwise killed is what brigs down the price alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I think it's more like the lads who buy early can afford not to buy

But the lads buyin now are gettin more desperate so more eager to bid up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Don't know about them prices. Not seen them down here. Bought 30 in last 2 weeks in mart at 86 and 90. Lambs were 38 and 41kgs. Nice speckle heads. Cross of cheviot and Suffolk.

Yes I agree think there will be a serious bubble in hogget prices which will burst next year. As per other thread. Awful lot of people gone out of lambing and keeping ewe lambs as a way of keeping involved, keeping the grass down and claiming the anc payments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭kk.man

Idk will there though . theres only a certain amount of hoggets making good money. 170+. The good hogget will stay the same cos theres only a certan amt of tgem . its the people buying the lambs thatd be oherwise killed is what brigs down the price alright

I agree that the best of them made that kind of money. But what type of money was paid for them as ewe lambs? And often the case how much meal was pumped into them to get them as big as elephants?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Perth bred ewe lambs sold tonight 75 ahead
    Perth bred ram lambs 36 kg. Sold for 64 ahead.
    Swalexmayo ewe lambs.. small ave 26kg made 56 ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Inchilad

Ard_MC wrote:
    Perth bred ewe lambs sold tonight 75 ahead Perth bred ram lambs 36 kg. Sold for 64 ahead. Swalexmayo ewe lambs.. small ave 26kg made 56 ahead

Good scotch ewe lambs were makin 80 plus in kenmare yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Was at mart this evening and the price off horned ewe lambs has had a massive fall in the last month from what I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Special sale of Mayo horned hoggetts and lambs in Coolaney last Sat....some good prices but in general trade wasn’t that strong .
    Was taking 120 euro + to buy better pens of hoggetts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement