Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No money from ATM

Options
  • 25-06-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hello,

I have now contacted you by phone, email and on the 365online secure messaging system. No response.

[font=arial, sans-serif]Myself and about 10 other people completed transactions in Dublin Airport T2 ATM machine beside butlers chocolate cafe and under escalator but no money came out.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Spoken to to currency exchange who put me on to R[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]aphaels[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] ATM management. Filed a complaint. Told to talk to my bank. Rang Bank of Ireland emergency number who said this will be sorted automatically.[/font]

This has not yet happened. I have not received my money.

[font=arial, sans-serif]Attempted Withdrawal at around 08:05 on 8 may. Money out of my account on 365 app.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Spoke to Andrew from rafaels ATM management in U.K. at around 08:12.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Spoke to airport security and on emergency ATM phone next to ATMs.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Received official response from raphaels confirming ATM malfunction and apology but they cannot help me. They need to receive a claim / chargeback from the issuer (Bank of Ireland).[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Can you tell me how to get my money back? It has been nearly 2 months now. I have reached out to you in several ways but nobody wants or can help me. I want to get this sorted and having to stop chasing it.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Many thanks.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Yurple wrote: »
    Hello,

I have now contacted you by phone, email and on the 365online secure messaging system. No response.

[font=arial, sans-serif]Myself and about 10 other people completed transactions in Dublin Airport T2 ATM machine beside butlers chocolate cafe and under escalator but no money came out.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Spoken to to currency exchange who put me on to R[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]aphaels[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] ATM management. Filed a complaint. Told to talk to my bank. Rang Bank of Ireland emergency number who said this will be sorted automatically.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Attempted Withdrawal at around 08:05 on 8 may. Money out of my account on 365 app.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Spoke to Andrew from rafaels ATM management in U.K. at around 08:12.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Spoke to airport security and on emergency ATM phone next to ATMs.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Received official response from raphaels confirming ATM malfunction and apology but they cannot help me. They need to receive a claim / chargeback from the issuer (Bank of Ireland).[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Can you tell me how to get my money back? It has been nearly 2 months now. I have reached out to you in several ways but nobody wants or can help me. I want to get this sorted and having to stop chasing it.[/font]

Hi Yurple,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and very sorry to hear this. When something like this happens with an ATM, it should automatically be refunded into your account within 3 to 5 working days. As this has not happened and if you have not done this already I would ask you to either raise this through the "Ask a question" section available through your banking 365 online profile or by calling our customer service section on 0818 365 365 (or 00353 1 4044000 if you are abroad) and the advisers in either section will be able to raise a charge back request for this transaction.

If you have already raised a charge back request through either of the options given above please let us know and also if you can confirm when the charge back was requested and what channel (either by phone or through 365 online) that you requested this through.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Hello,

Hi Yurple,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and very sorry to hear this. When something like this happens with an ATM, it should automatically be refunded into your account within 3 to 5 working days. As this has not happened and if you have not done this already I would ask you to either raise this through the "Ask a question" section available through your banking 365 online profile or by calling our customer service section on 0818 365 365 (or 00353 1 4044000 if you are abroad) and the advisers in either section will be able to raise a charge back request for this transaction.

If you have already raised a charge back request through either of the options given above please let us know and also if you can confirm when the charge back was requested and what channel (either by phone or through 365 online) that you requested this through.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hello Darren,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I sent a message through the "ask a question" option in the service desk in the banking 365 website. No response yet. I also cannot see my sent message as then the website logs me out.

Can you chase this up so someone finally responds? Or do you want me to create a new message again and then escalate this?

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hello,

Hi Yurple,

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hello Darren,

I sent a message through the "ask a question" option in the service desk in the banking 365 website. No response yet. I also cannot see my sent message as then the website logs me out.

Can you chase this up so someone finally responds? Or do you want me to create a new message again and then escalate this?

Many thanks.
    Hi Yurple,

It can take about 30 seconds for the sent items section to load on your 365 online profile, and if you click the box within the 30 seconds the system will automatically log you out of 365 online. I would ask that you click on the sent message and wait the 30 seconds and this should show your sent message.
    If you can try this and let us know if this works.

Thanks again for getting in touch.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chicoche

Same thing happened to me with a 250 withdrawal on the 17 June - Raphael's ATM on the way to departure GATES terminal 1. I complained to a nearby customer service office for the Bank and was told "Oh sometimes the money comes out after a while, there can be a delay" and that it does happen occasionally. While I was talking to the customer service post, somebody else successfully used the machine - if it is a real problem, which I doubt, it is intermittent.  I was given a number to ring, did it and reported it and was told that I had to make a request for a re-credit through my bank, Ulster Bank.  The 250 is now "temporarily" refunded by Ulster pending more communication from Raphaels. Raphael's is not an Irish company, it is registered in London.

Advise: make your cash withdrawals before arriving at the airport and save yourself potential hassle; There's more than a sniff of a scam from this!

Hello,

Hi Yurple,

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hello Darren,

Many thanks.
    Hi Yurple,

It can take about 30 seconds for the sent items section to load on your 365 online profile, and if you click the box within the 30 seconds the system will automatically log you out of 365 online. I would ask that you click on the sent message and wait the 30 seconds and this should show your sent message.
    If you can try this and let us know if this works.

Thanks again for getting in touch.
    Darren.
    I finally got the sent messages to load after waiting for 30 seconds without website response... 

I see my messages but no message regarding ATM fault... unsure why. Just submitted all details again.

• Advertisement

Messages reference: REF A9040105417681

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Yurple,

Thanks for your message.

Glad to hear you were able to access the sent items. Please be assured an advisor will reply to your query within 1-2 working days.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Yurple,

Thanks for your message.

Glad to hear you were able to access the sent items. Please be assured an advisor will reply to your query within 1-2 working days.

Thanks
    Tara

I want to thank the support I received from the BoI staff here on Boards and also a big thank you to Carol that got the money refunded within 48 hours of making contact!

THANK YOU ALL. Very happy with the service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

I want to thank the support I received from the BoI staff here on Boards and also a big thank you to Carol that got the money refunded within 48 hours of making contact!

THANK YOU ALL. Very happy with the service!
    Hi Yurple,

Thanks for the lovely feedback. We're delighted to hear that you got sorted.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks again, and have a nice day!
    Jane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 chicoche

Hello,

As I posted already I have had the same problem.  Ulster Bank did refund but I am now going to write a letter of complaint to the Dublin airport Authority.   I would suggest you might do the same. 

Advertisement