Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Inny

Options
  • 25-06-2017 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all.I am looking to fish the Inny for trout but I have never fished it before.The only info I can find is that the stretch from ballymahon to abbeyshrule can be productive on the fly.Does anyone out there fish it that can give me some info with regard to where to fish,access etc.Pm me if you would prefer.Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 buzzardflute

If you buy the midlands permit from the IFI it covers all the inny plus another few trout rivers in the area.

The best stretch is between Newcastle wood and Ballymahon, easy to access by a walkway upstream of ballymahon bridge or from Newcastle wood car park heading down stream.

Some great spots along that stretch, usually fishes best late evenings with small dry fliesðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

If you buy the midlands permit from the IFI it covers all the inny plus another few trout rivers in the area.

The best stretch is between Newcastle wood and Ballymahon, easy to access by a walkway upstream of ballymahon bridge or from Newcastle wood car park heading down stream.

Some great spots along that stretch, usually fishes best late evenings with small dry fliesðŸ‘

Thats great!Thanks for the info.I'm looking forward to giving it a lash...

Advertisement