Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh install problem

Options
  • 25-06-2017 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Hope someone can help out here. I had a failing hard drive so I downloaded windows 10 to a boot disk and swapped out the hard drive.
    The bios boot priority is;
    1: AHCI CD: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C
    2: AHCI: HDD: ST9160310AS
    That to me looks find for a fresh install from CD. But when i turn on the LapTop with the disk in the drive Windows Boot Manager states;
    Info: The boot selected failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I'm not sure what to do now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Frank11

(trying to upload pics)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Looks like it's not booting from the dvd and the hard disk has the remnants of an old windows install on it. Are you sure the dvd burnt ok? Maybe your dvd drive is a bit broken (I had that recently where it seemed to work in general but wouldn't boot) in which case you might be able to prepare and boot from a usb stick (or usb dvd drive) instead?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is there a button press option on boot to select where you boot from instead of that one in the bios?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Frank11

Thanks, I think you are correct. I made a usb boot and put the hard disk to the very end of the boot list. That worked although I'm unsure if it used the usb or the disk drive. Plus when it finished and was loading for the first time it asked if I want to load win 7 or 10.
    All working fine now. Thank you

Advertisement