Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    It might be early for the priest to come out. They definitely shouldn't if the apprentice is dead. But if the apprentice is alive coming out will give us some information. Either come out just before this munch or the next one.

Also, I'm on board with the silence not being a great reason for suspecting people.

I don't think the priest knows who the apprentice is, the way I read it the apprentice only steps up after the priest has died

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

No, the Priest won't know who the Apprentice is if they're still alive. But the Priest does know the roles of anyone who has died, so if the Apprentice has died, the Priest will know it (and who they are).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    No, the Priest won't know who the Apprentice is if they're still alive. But the Priest does know the roles of anyone who has died, so if the Apprentice has died, the Priest will know it (and who they are).

Obvs! Duh! Needs more sleep!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Just finished work so let me be clear on this. I came out because I was pissed at Gertie for pretending not to be ironman, not at the mods mistake. The mod didn't clarify the mistake iirc until I was actually out. I was flipping at a villager who I spent forever telling I know you are iron man kill this person. It was a simple mistake by a mod and probably annoyed whoever made it more than me.

I will be following Gerties peek idea though. But let me be clear. All goodies must vote to lynch the one person or all baddies can gang lynch me and then it becomes a race to the bottom!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Leading from this, I haven't fully thought it through but I think Thor should possibly come out at 9:59am.

Wonder Woman (priest) should come out at 9:59am if Iron Man is dead.

What exactly would Thor coming out achieve?

• Advertisement

I was thinking along the lines for Cap'n Crunch. Let me try flesh this out: its based on the fact that Thor must be targeted two nights in a row to die and Cap'n will die if he protects a single person two nights in a row. The seer is the obvious target tonight for evils and Cap'n...

Nah doesn't make any sense really. I was thinking Thor could take the heat off seer for a while while Cap'n jumps between the protection them. Seer is far higher priority target. Thor should just remain hidden until he's accidentally hit, then Cap can provide him with an extra few nights of life.

I see you replied here sorry I was replying as reading the posts.

Cap just needs to protect the seer now. She is the MVP of the village at the moment and Thor coming out wouldn't have any benefit

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Good morning all. My sleeping hours differ from yours, so this is my catch-up after having spent a good deal of time reading through all the posts.

I had to leave the thread around 4pm yesterday, and I've been gone since then, working on my article that I've just handed in. I was hoping to at least vote so I'd have some kind of impact, but it didn't come through. If anyone is interested, I would've stuck with Nigel, based on the flow of events. I read through the Seer peek misinterpretation but at that time it wouldn't have convinced me to move off my vote.

In hindsight, I am actually quite surprised so many people moved from Nigel. Gertie, you really do have an impact. Since you're confirmed as Spidey now, I would guess that is good, but it's likely you'll be gone soon.

My current #FFA2 (well, it's 2 for me) stands as this:
    1. Nigel - still my top suspicion. Besides afore mentioned reasons, you strike me as a player gutsy enough to be in a race, but you're not gutsy enough to try and lead the village or follow your own suspects? You listed Tegan as your top sus (if I'm not wrong) and went with it, but I'm curious: what is this with this mindset? I'm pretty sure you're going to come back to me and say "my judgment is very bad, so I'd rather follow than lead" or something along those lines like you have earlier, but I'm still confounded as to why you have so many posts (enough to me, at least), talking about how you'll follow along someone's else decisions. Not replying to my post asking about this even though you post literally all the time was also confusing (you can easily find the post; I don't have many). The time you've spent defending yourself hasn't quite sold me that you're safe. If you'd like to say anything to try and assuage my doubts, I'd be all ears.

2. Angus. Suspecting Mary and Gertrude I don't mind (for now), because it looks like you're trying to have a different opinion and going against the flow. But what I'm concerned about is that you were one of the first few people to think that Tegan was safe. Let me know if I misinterpreted your post - it was the one where you agreed on her points with Nigel. That was when she was claiming Isla was bad and before she had a lot of heat on her. Is it possible that you saw an opportunity to pocket someone who you knew would be town, once your teammate (Isla) was revealed to be a wolf, and so you went in to try and be pals? Just a theory, but I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

3. Liam. Weak sheeping in your FFA - #2477. This reads a lot shorter because Nigel has a lot more content, unfortunately.

Isla is getting shot, so she's off my list for now. I was going to say that if she's bad, then it confirms Katie, but it seems she's already confirmed. From what it seems, Batman is supposedly shooting her now.

Also, am I very forgettable? Ewan, you also didn't answer my question, and I would like an answer. You can find it in my list of posts.

Riona WW wrote: »
    Good morning all.

Also, am I very forgettable? Ewan, you also didn't answer my question, and I would like an answer. You can find it in my list of posts.

Sorry I didn't see a question from you. I'm on mobile right now but will have a look as soon as I get to desktop.
    You are.not forgettable, this thread is just way too busy!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Just remembered the viper thing coming up in conversation and went back to investigate. Nigel was first to deduce that clodagh was viper. how? teammate?
    I also made that point earlier. Tegan mentioned it first IIRC then Nigel mentioned it shortly after. First that made me think that they were teammates, but now that Tegan flipped good I'm wondering if
    Katie WW wrote: »
    Just finished work so let me be clear on this. I came out because I was pissed at Gertie for pretending not to be ironman, not at the mods mistake. The mod didn't clarify the mistake iirc until I was actually out. I was flipping at a villager who I spent forever telling I know you are iron man kill this person. It was a simple mistake by a mod and probably annoyed whoever made it more than me.

I will be following Gerties peek idea though. But let me be clear. All goodies must vote to lynch the one person or all baddies can gang lynch me and then it becomes a race to the bottom!
    Katie, for the one last time, I am appealing to your reasoning here. I won't be around much of today, but I left clues about who I am. I've never dodged a question yet and have questioned everything. Don't waste your (potentially) last peek on a villager. There are so many potential baddies, and so many people floating in the middle not impacting the game in any way. Gertie is proven good, but she's not infallible. If your gut would have put a peek on me, fair enough but I think your peeks have been great so far so why at this stage would you start letting someone else dictate to you.

Also, I think it's way too early in the game that the baddies can't lynch you. Sure, the numbers are there but anyone putting a lynch vote on you after what's happened would be obvious wolf and taken out so it'd be a completely stupid move.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Leading from this, I haven't fully thought it through but I think Thor should possibly come out at 9:59am.

Why? U are such a wolf

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    Good morning all. My sleeping hours differ from yours, so this is my catch-up after having spent a good deal of time reading through all the posts.

I had to leave the thread around 4pm yesterday, and I've been gone since then, working on my article that I've just handed in. I was hoping to at least vote so I'd have some kind of impact, but it didn't come through. If anyone is interested, I would've stuck with Nigel, based on the flow of events. I read through the Seer peek misinterpretation but at that time it wouldn't have convinced me to move off my vote.

In hindsight, I am actually quite surprised so many people moved from Nigel. Gertie, you really do have an impact. Since you're confirmed as Spidey now, I would guess that is good, but it's likely you'll be gone soon.

My current #FFA2 (well, it's 2 for me) stands as this:
    1. Nigel - still my top suspicion. Besides afore mentioned reasons, you strike me as a player gutsy enough to be in a race, but you're not gutsy enough to try and lead the village or follow your own suspects? You listed Tegan as your top sus (if I'm not wrong) and went with it, but I'm curious: what is this with this mindset? I'm pretty sure you're going to come back to me and say "my judgment is very bad, so I'd rather follow than lead" or something along those lines like you have earlier, but I'm still confounded as to why you have so many posts (enough to me, at least), talking about how you'll follow along someone's else decisions. Not replying to my post asking about this even though you post literally all the time was also confusing (you can easily find the post; I don't have many). The time you've spent defending yourself hasn't quite sold me that you're safe. If you'd like to say anything to try and assuage my doubts, I'd be all ears.

2. Angus. Suspecting Mary and Gertrude I don't mind (for now), because it looks like you're trying to have a different opinion and going against the flow. But what I'm concerned about is that you were one of the first few people to think that Tegan was safe. Let me know if I misinterpreted your post - it was the one where you agreed on her points with Nigel. That was when she was claiming Isla was bad and before she had a lot of heat on her. Is it possible that you saw an opportunity to pocket someone who you knew would be town, once your teammate (Isla) was revealed to be a wolf, and so you went in to try and be pals? Just a theory, but I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

3. Liam. Weak sheeping in your FFA - #2477. This reads a lot shorter because Nigel has a lot more content, unfortunately.

Isla is getting shot, so she's off my list for now. I was going to say that if she's bad, then it confirms Katie, but it seems she's already confirmed. From what it seems, Batman is supposedly shooting her now.

On the Nigel thing, when I asked him earlier when he started to become suspicious of Tegan, he said it was after Tegan became suspicious of him. I'm about to head out for some super heroing so I can't search the post, but it was very unsatisfying and felt like a tit for tat vote. Isla also never discussed voting for Nigel when she was raced, she mentioned only Tegan and not even with good reason that I saw so earlier I theorized that they were in a room together.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Im back to read up, im back at 182. From a brief look last night I got terribly confused with what was going on so ill read back and catch up as best as I can and offer my opinion

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

FFA#3

1.Conor
    2. Derry
    3. Angus

That's where I'm at at this moment in time.
    May change as the day progresses.

1. Pig
    2. Pig farmer
    3. Cow

These boys are all on the farm together as well as being highly suspicious

Derry voted Tegan and when I rattled him he came across all wolfie.
    Conor put the strangest vote on Derry yesterday. Two wolves... Burying their votes?

Angus is seeking numerous roled players to reveal and reasoning is poor.

Bad Angus steak

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    On the Nigel thing, when I asked him earlier when he started to become suspicious of Tegan, he said it was after Tegan became suspicious of him. I'm about to head out for some super heroing so I can't search the post, but it was very unsatisfying and felt like a tit for tat vote. Isla also never discussed voting for Nigel when she was raced, she mentioned only Tegan and not even with good reason that I saw so earlier I theorized that they were in a room together.

Before I read back ill clarify,

I suspected tegen as when he straight away accused me of being a wolf at around 11am. He was far too quick to accuse me. Others were more cautious and logical, he wasted no time in pointing the finger which I found odd.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Morning superhoers.

I'm really glad the mods cleared up the Katie thing, we now have a few players to work with.

Great works by the way mods, I appreciate it's not easy, you're doing a fabulous job.

In the event I'm munched this morning, please read back through my posts, I've left at least 5 clues to my identity. I'm only saying this as I don't want someone to claim it when I'm gone.

Also my ffa at this time:

Conor
    Derry

I'm also suspect of player wanting important characters to reveal.

Derry WW wrote: »
    We might need to bring Thor out after munch tomorrow. Give village some blanket cover.

This tread has gone weird or adorably eccentric

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Fiona WW wrote:
    Again, I feel like this has been a pretty difficult game to keep up with, and I'm a little pissed that I'm expected to be at the computer constantly. You people realise that this is a game and it's supposed to be fun yes?

Fiona WW wrote:
    Back on point, a peek on me is a waste. I am an asset to the village. I have ways to prove myself later. Peeks so far have been pretty good, I don't think we should start dictating the peeks now. I would like to point out though that I've been saying all day that I think Nigel is bad, and I stuck with that.... and now everyone seems to have dropped it! If we were dictating peeks, my suggestions would be Nigel or Conor.

Please people DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THESE POISON WORDS!

Look at this second paragraph: 'I am an asset to the village IF you keep me around and don't peek me.
    Fiona is double talking here. She was accusing Nigel of doing the exact same thing yesterday. I have her on the ropes and she knows it.

Fiona HAS to be peeked. She has too much clout to get lynched without. Let me be clear, she is the leader of a team backstage and they are scrambling to avoid her being caught.

Her faux rage at 'being expected to be here all the time's is false too. It's a tidbit that she doesn't mean.

I am convinced that Fiona is a wolf. I know you won't be convinced just by my words but Katie, please... PEEK her.

She has alluded to information she will share at her convenience. This means she is waiting to see if a good role is munched today that she can claim.
    The wolves will have been watching and if Fiona is not killed this morning after this statement last night she is a wolf.

Thank you for time.
    Spidey out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I'm not going to be around much today and I dread the amount of posts I'll have to read through this evening.

For now Isa is top of my list but it looks like Isa won't be on the lynch form.

I am finding Conor very suspect so he'll be high on my list too.

Obviously a shít load could change by this evening.

On the Conor and Derry thing, are people thinking they'd be so stupid to be obviously teamy on thread? I haven't read back through Derry yet but I put up a post about Conor being dodgy yesterday after Ewan pointed him out. Derry stuck me as a defensive villager not really paying attention rather than a wolf, but let me check back.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

sup y'all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

On the Conor and Derry thing, are people thinking they'd be so stupid to be obviously teamy on thread? I haven't read back through Derry yet but I put up a post about Conor being dodgy yesterday after Ewan pointed him out. Derry stuck me as a defensive villager not really paying attention rather than a wolf, but let me check back.

I don't think they'd be 'teamy' on thread at all. It's just that Conor's posts don't come across as overly concerned about the village.

• Advertisement

Gertie, you're being foolish. There are reasons a townie wouldn't want to be peeked. Read the OP. You were wrong last night and you're ratty at me for not following you. You're wrong again now and you're tunneling me. Also pfft how do I have clout, no one has listened to me on Nigel!!!! And it's not faux outrage, I'm genuinely annoyed that I can't leave for a few hours without my "silence" being "infuriating" and I'm not the only one that's made comments like that. Race me if you want, but don't waste a peek on me. Use the peek to find the baddies. Plus in any case my words were directed at Katie rather than you, her instincts have been better in my opinion and she's done a good job so far.

Gertie, you're being foolish. There are reasons a townie wouldn't want to be peeked. Read the OP. You were wrong last night and you're ratty at me for not following you. You're wrong again now and you're tunneling me. Also pfft how do I have clout, no one has listened to me on Nigel!!!! And it's not faux outrage, I'm genuinely annoyed that I can't leave for a few hours without my "silence" being "infuriating" and I'm not the only one that's made comments like that. Race me if you want, but don't waste a peek on me. Use the peek to find the baddies. Plus in any case my words were directed at Katie rather than you, her instincts have been better in my opinion and she's done a good job so far.

i think you have clout

Henry WW wrote: »
    I don't think they'd be 'teamy' on thread at all. It's just that Conor's posts don't come across as overly concerned about the village.

Oh I completely agree, like I said I posted my accusations against Conor yesterday but no one appears to have noticed. I think he's dodgy. My post was in relation to Liam's accusation that them both saying the Thor thing was teamy. I don't know if wolves would be that obvious. My money would be on Conor to be bad of the two.

Fiona WW wrote:

I have you rattled. You finally slipped last night and I have you. Only problem is I won't be around to see that you get your just desserts.
    Tell me, are you one of the baddie priests? I'm sure you have everything ready in the event of your demise backstage.
    You may munch me, but when the village learns your identity you will join me in the eternal abyss.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    i think you have clout

I'm genuinely surprised by that.
    I posted a Thor theory that was ridiculed, I wasn't around for the two **** storms, and I've called out Nigel and Conor to absolutely no avail. Fair enough though.

Earlier I posted that it's potentially the last peek but actually it's likely that we get two more peeks right? Assuming cap protected Katie yesterday, he can do it again tomorrow. I'm guessing it was Gertie protected yesterday so we should have some leeway.

Well played Katie so far by the way. You believe in me I know. Peek Fiona. Expose her to the village.

I have you rattled. You finally slipped last night and I have you. Only problem is I won't be around to see that you get your just desserts.
    Tell me, are you one of the baddie priests? I'm sure you have everything ready in the event of your demise backstage.
    You may munch me, but when the village learns your identity you will join me in the eternal abyss.

You're tunneling Gertie. Look back through my posts. You are setting me up for a nice mislynch though.

Who are your other suspicions at this time?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I see you replied here sorry I was replying as reading the posts.

Cap just needs to protect the seer now. She is the MVP of the village at the moment and Thor coming out wouldn't have any benefit

Didn't Katie call to be protected yesterday too? If the captain protects her today, he dies.

I'm sure the captain knows what's what. What we do know is there are 3 evils teams left and I don't think they can talk to each other. Our best hope is that they target the same player.

I have to admit that I'm not managing to keep on top of this game. The volume of posts is huge. Add in day to day super hero duties and it's an uphill battle. I haven't got on top of reads at all. I'm not living up to my own expectations.

Fiona WW wrote:
    You're tunneling Gertie. Look back through my posts. You are setting me up for a nice mislynch though.

I am not tunnelling you. You and Isla orchestrated that argument on day one. I got you both.

Conor also needs to be dealt with.

I'm not giving my suspicion list to a wolf so you can try and get them lynched today.

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    Didn't Katie call to be protected yesterday too? If the captain protects her today, he dies.

I'm sure the captain knows what's what. What we do know is there are 3 evils teams left and I don't think they can talk to each other. Our best hope is that they target the same player.

I have to admit that I'm not managing to keep on top of this game. The volume of posts is huge. Add in day to day super hero duties and it's an uphill battle. I haven't got on top of reads at all. I'm not living up to my own expectations.

you have the chance to redeem yourself today old boy

Advertisement