Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    I wonder is there any sense in Thor coming out now? Assuming he was one of the targets, he will probably be targeted again tonight.

Put yourself in the wolves shoes for a second. You attacked and the person survived. You know if you attacked the Seer/Katie, that she must have been defended by Captain America. If they attack her again, likely they will lose a wolf because cap will probably continue to defend her. If you attacked someone else and they survived, they must be Thor or Deadpool, at this point they are both high priority targets and will be targeted again. Thor will survive if he is not targeted tonight.

What do you think Thor? Its up to you. We could have another known goodie for today to stop a nosense debate, or garner a false claim.

I thought about this but even if Thor was targeted, so was Mystique and both survived so neither wolfpack knows which one is THOR and which one is mystique.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

gabriel for deadpool

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    I thought about this but even if Thor was targeted, so was Mystique and both survived so neither wolfpack knows which one is THOR and which one is mystique.

False news. Mystique only survives from an SK hit not a wolf munch.

More crap trying to confuse the village. The only outcomes can be a double save on me.

Hit on me and Thor.

Hit on me and Deadpool.

Either way you are wrong and trying to mess with the village wolfie

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

This looks to be going against the grain of the last few pages, but here is my take on things at the moment.

Going through a few player's post, I would like to push more on Henry and Gabriel today. They would be my FFA rght now, subject to change.
    Bit hot and cold on Nigel ealry in game, could be same team, deflect attention if one of them is killed and we look back at their post?
    Henry WW wrote: »
    I see a lot of suspicion directed at Nigel.
    I had a look through his many posts.
    Here's a very brief synopsis of what I found - add anything you think I may have missed.
    Lots of fluff to start but that's usual enough in the early stages.
    Seemed suspicious of Abi, then wasn't then was again.
    Promised some information to share after 11am but it never happened (if it did I missed it).
    Suspicious of low posters. I agree that wolves can be hiding in the low post zone but so can PRs and people with RL stuff. I don't agree with targeting low posters as wolfs will also be hiding among the active posters but it's no harm to to try and get the low posters to speak up.
    I can see why people are suspicious of Nigel but I don't see anything especially convincing but there is an element of dodge for me.
    I also had a quick read of Frank's posts but I can see nothing incriminating there.
    I don't have enough information to put forward an FFA just yet. I'll read back through a few more players first if I get a chance this afternoon.
    If anyone has anything to add then please do.
    I see that I'm being looked into also by a couple of players which is a good thing. Everyone should be looked into.
    I hope to look at Teagan next.
    I got Nigel out of the way first because of the amount of posts!
    On reply to shooting Isla
    Eva WW wrote: »
    The FFA was decided by democracy, and Nigel probably was out of the running, so it was a 50/50 chance here, and we just chose wrong. It happens. Actually, there's no guarantee any in the race were villagers, so it might have happened anyway. That's the downside to an FFA.
    The upside to an FFA is in the wisdom of crowds. Each of us individually may be clueless but if we combine our most suspicious then the chances are that we get a baddie in there - usually. On that basis, I'd be in favour of Iron Man using a bullet on Isla. But their call at the end of the day.
    Are you confident enough that we won't be killing a villager and wasting a bullet?

Gabriel
    Questioning about Dr. Doom?
    Phil WW wrote: »
    If Steve ISN'T Jessica, then they are either another baddie or being controlled. If they are a baddie, it's a suicidal move which may be why Holly referenced Harley. Their death takes a villager from good camp into bad which may actually be a clever play. Still though, a baddie is lynched.
    The only other baddie who might be feeling suicidal is Doctor Doom to gain an extra kill for their team but this seems far less likely.
    If the reveal is mind control based then there is no downside to lynching. Kilgrave won't be able to control anyone else and the real Jessica can keep the reveal in her pocket to kill off Kilgrave.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I don't disagree but why do you think Doom making a play is less likely?
    Questioning Nigel, again to deflect suspicion if on the same team?
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    Go with your gut Gerty, if you trust me then stick with it, if not kill me. But look at the facts
    The Seer can not peek 3 people yet
    I have been totally team village. Look back all my posts
    I shaded Abi slightly. was I on to something?
    Claiming to be totally team village will carry a lot more weight when you help the village find a wolf, not a SK. Everyone wants the SK dead, but help us find someone on a wolf team to really cement some credibility.
    You have helped us find the SK - in fairness almost everyone did today.
    You arent off the suss list for me - not top of it, but not off it.
    Since most of my post was basically accusing Nigel, i am surprised he hasnt repsonded or tried to discredit me as a low poster.
    Mary's response was to my post, so Nigel please do not gloss over the rest to put the focus on which of the other high posters to trust.
    Im sorry but this is the issue and, i think, why Nigel is up......Nigel has made so many points and put forward so many theories that one or two were bound to sound right.
    I can see it his way that he is just trying to help and made a couple of mistakes etc etc but that really does sound like an excuse for posting confusing stuff and deflecting from conversations others were having, usually about him.
    This was an Iron Man reference, not sure if he was trying to fool players by saying it was batman? Could be genuine mistake.

Originally Posted by WerewolfGM View Post
    One member of the village couldn't take the slaughter any more. Through the mist he emerged, wielding a gun. "I told you I don't want to join your super secret boyband" he muttered, turning the gun on his mark.
    Clodagh was shot
    Clodagh was bad
    It confirms it was Batman.
    That's a Lego Batman movie reference.
    In refernece to Nigels beeing seer peeked, which was mistaken, but still go at him about it. Are they on the same team?
    Well no, and you are very good at deflecting this kind of attention, but you were being quiet, saw Gertie go to bat for you, and decided to stay quiet if it was working.
    I'm sorry but your behaviour to that point when you stopped posting was hugely different.
    And with the highest post count here, it smacks of your buddies in the backroom telling you to sit back and see what happens. I don't know if you could just stop posting.

I'd like to say this. Village please follow me. If we have a split vote wolves can gang up, lynch me and get 3 kills tomorrow including SK. Then it's game. We cannot afford to be split. Vote Dorris. She is willing not paying any attention to the game or is intentionally posting false stuff, begging to be peeked when she can't be and saying mystique could of been a hit target

• Advertisement

Katie WW wrote: »
    False news. Mystique only survives from an SK hit not a wolf munch.

More crap trying to confuse the village. The only outcomes can be a double save on me.

Hit on me and Thor.

Hit on me and Deadpool.

Either way you are wrong and trying to mess with the village wolfie

Why didn't anybody die this morning ?

And fine, if I am wrong, lynch me. I really think my status being revealed will help the village. Katie, just settle that I am being lynched. Keep notes on what I say as if I am good. Don't argue with me. Later, when I am lynched or peaked, look at those notes again as me as a goody.. Look at people targeting me, take notes. .

Lets say you are right. I am a baddy. Then you caught me . Ok the village wins.

Lets say you are wrong and I am a villager. Who has posted good evidence and has her sights on some wolves, then you will have my death confirm my motives and your own unbiased notes of the day to work off.

Worst case scenario is you spend a day taking notes like I am a goody and you get a baddy. Best case is that you maximise my death. I really don't see how the village loses here . .

If you don't want to do that, get the seer to peak me now. Pretend I am a goody and ask yourself is there any substance to my accusations?

I am a villager who thinks they might be onto 2 baddies. What's the difference if I am peaked or killed ?

i would also like to bring orla back into the equation. i didnt want to go down this route, but it was her who brought it up. she was a sub for a player not posting. isla was looking for the player who had not posted. i think because she was trying to find the 4th member of her team.

I should get the seer to peek you? Ok wolf or totally inept villager that has no idea what is happening in the game that you are no loss.

village lynch this one

Wendy WW wrote: »
    gabriel for deadpool

i looked at all his posts on Tuesday night, when i said there were 3 players i was happy not to include in my FFA. he was one of them.
    all his posts are nothing, blending in, under the radar. exactly how a SK would play it

Doris, did you already reveal who you are?

Heros, would it be wise to ask her to reveal if she is a nrv, we can wait and see if someone counters it?

• Advertisement

I'd like to say this. Village please follow me. If we have a split vote wolves can gang up, lynch me and get 3 kills tomorrow including SK. Then it's game. We cannot afford to be split. Vote Dorris. She is willing not paying any attention to the game or is intentionally posting false stuff, begging to be peeked when she can't be and saying mystique could of been a hit target

No, don't have a split vote. Have me killed. I am not looking to be killed I am looking to do what I feel is in the best interests of the village...

If I am a goody, I feel I have two prime suspects. Nobody can believe me because I have only my comments. The only way I can prove it is in death or peak. I am not a rolled player so wouldn't be a loss to the Village but my death would put all the heat on Ewan and Angus.

I could be wrong about them, but only by my death can you truly investigate. . And if they try and respond to my accusations, refer back to my posts and links. Don't just take them at their word.

Liam WW wrote: »
    Doris, did you already reveal who you are?

Heros, would it be wise to ask her to reveal if she is a nrv, we can wait and see if someone counters it?

Yep, I'm black widow.

No, don't have a split vote. Have me killed. I am not looking to be killed I am looking to do what I feel is in the best interests of the village...

If I am a goody, I feel I have two prime suspects. Nobody can believe me because I have only my comments. The only way I can prove it is in death or peak. I am not a rolled player so wouldn't be a loss to the Village but my death would put all the heat on Ewan and Angus.

I could be wrong about them, but only by my death can you truly investigate. . And if they try and respond to my accusations, refer back to my posts and links. Don't just take them at their word.

i like your defense and gusto. as of now, i will not be voting for you

Yep, I'm black widow.

unless she is dead or counter claim, we have to belie her. same applied to all other role claims

I should get the seer to peek you? Ok wolf or totally inept villager that has no idea what is happening in the game that you are no loss.

village lynch this one

I am a villager who thinks Ewan and Angus are bad. I think you don't believe me, but you will if I die or peak. If my death leads to even one baddy dieing its worth it... How is that stupid ?

Don't put me up against anybody, this isn't a request to be up against somebody. This is me saying do something to prove my innocence because I think this is as best I can do for the village. I think I have good evidence, but only in death or reveal will it help the village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Liam WW wrote:
    In refernece to Nigels beeing seer peeked, which was mistaken, but still go at him about it. Are they on the same team?

I'm sorry but why am I under suspicion for bringing attention to a wolf? Repeatedly like. I don't read my posts the way you are, but I will refer you to my post from a couple of hours ago with links. I tried to keep us on Nigel and if we had done, we could have killed him with a bullet a day earlier and not misfired another villager.

I stand over my posts, but you seem to be miscontruing their meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

****ING APP

Yep, I'm black widow.

Ok, its too early to vote yet, I think we need to look at more players.

unless she is dead or counter claim, we have to belie her. same applied to all other role claims

Listen guys, if I am dead and confirmed good, why wouldn't you believe I am black widow?

Pter wrote: »
    I'm sorry but why am I under suspicion for bringing attention to a wolf? Repeatedly like. I don't read my posts the way you are, but I will refer you to my post from a couple of hours ago with links. I tried to keep us on Nigel and if we had done, we could have killed him with a bullet a day earlier and not misfired another villager.

I stand over my posts, but you seem to be miscontruing their meaning.

??????

• Advertisement

No we really don't. What if I was to tell you Connor was black widow?

The fact she doesn't even think I'm the seer still says she is not paying attention to game or is a wolf trying to annoy me is enough for me to lynch her

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Okay 95% certain I have a hairy one in Gabriel. I skimmed all her posts. Her main gripe is consistently accusing Nigel, which fits with my theory since Nigel is on the other wolf team.

This is my initial argument:
    Okay here's my theory on Gabriel.

VOTES:

Tegan (10) - Derry, dEva, dNigel, dIsla, gJake, Wendy, Gabriel, dGertrude, gKatie, Henry
    Isla (8) - Angus, Orla, Ewan, Liam, Barbara, Mary, Frank, Tegan,
    Nigel (1) - Fiona
    Derry (1) - Conor
    Did not vote (3) - Doris, Riona, Vernon

Derry, Wendy, Gabriel, Henry voted to save Isla.

The two dead baddies Isla and Nigel WERE NOT on the same team, so they were not working together no were their team mates.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103941625&postcount=3794

From the first FFA: Only Wendy did a FFA, names two goodies (Abigail, Tegan) and unknown Ewan.

If Ewan is Wendy's red herring (a baddie picked in ffa to look villager), Ewan picked 2/3 goodies and Holly (Kilgrave SK). Possible that Wendy and Ewan are on the same team.

From the second FFA:

Isla picks Wendy, Tegan, Derry... this is interesting. It is a double bluff protecting team mates? Possibly but there's something more conclusive.

Derry: Tegan Conor Isla
    Gabriel: Nigel Tegan Orla
    Henry: Nigel Tegan Isla
    Wendy skips FFA2

Gabriel is the only player who backs Isla by not voting for her or FFA'ing her throughout the game. The same is true from Isla to Gabriel. Ergo, Gabriel and Isla are on the same team. There was so much heat on Isla already that there was no need to jump on the bandwagon too to look villagery. Also 3/4 of Isla's team is left so higher chance than other teams.

Thoughts?

tl;dr Isla and Gabriel aren't voting/ffa'ing for each other.

Your rebuttal:
    Gabriel wrote: »
    I'm popping my head up so it's probably natural I come under suspicion now, especially since while I have questioned, I haven't been grilled. However I'm a nrv and you can kill me or peek me to prove it. That's grand (except killing me won't help our villager numbers).

I understand your thinking but I was originally following Gertie in my vote (hence not for Isla, and I made no secret of my support for Gertie.) Before she confused things and I switched to Tegan last minute ( you can confirm this as my vote was one of the last for Tegan). I followed Gertie to 2 wrong conclusions, so yeah that will look suss, but she was the strongest leader we had, so I can't explain it other than I was following the leader (and in fact Mary dissuaded me from following Katie before I did end up following Gertie).

Ugh that was long and convoluted. Tl:Dr I look suss because I followed the leader and have been quiet otherwise. But I'm a villager. I think there are stronger leads to follow other than me, but if I'm to be raced, that seems fair to me.

Tbh, this isn't good enough. You are openly admitting to following the crowd. To add to this, you mention Isla ONCE during the whole debate
    Wait are we voting Tegan or Isla?!?!

That's it. The only time you mention Isla when Tegan got lynched.

You mention her a few more times once she's been rumbled by our seer. Fair enough.
    We really need to ignore Isla and move on. Unless someone is getting something from her posts I'm not seeing.
    That last post should have been in my other post. Sorry not accusing Liam of focusing on Isla, cause he didn't in his last post, obvs

Henry went through her posts. Steve/Holly debate is irrelevant.
    I had a quick look through Gabriel's posts. While his voting pattern does (possibly) look somewhat suspicious, his posts don't really show anything.

He was on board with the Steve/Holly thing and even went so far as to suggest voting for Holly in order to save Steve. But like a few of us (me included) he was thrown my Steve's last minute change in behaviour. He also rowed in with the Isla thing, seemed to take on board what Gertrude was suggesting at times and he wasn't a fan of Nigel either.

I've indicated what what makes him look like a villager as I can't seem to find anything that incriminates him as wolf. Obviously I may have missed something. If so, point it out to me.

Gabriel actually did not debate Isla. This is compounding my argument. Can you show me where she did weigh in?

No we really don't. What if I was to tell you Connor was black widow?

The fact she doesn't even think I'm the seer still says she is not paying attention to game or is a wolf trying to annoy me is enough for me to lynch her

well then i would believe you and happily lych dorris. is conor black widiw?

Gabriel/Pter, I'm going along the lines that maybe you were throwing the scent off yourself if Nigel was a team mate. I know it looks like a shady line of investigation but not implausible.

Oh and Nigel was not a high suspect at the time I shot Fiona.

well done on the 4k

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

We have no definitive target tonight, we need another FFA. Get them in for 7pm?

#FFA3
    Gabriel - rooming with Isla. Voting pattern suggests they are staying out of each others way.
    Vernon - can't remember who outlined this, but posts look very neutral throughout
    Doris - going with Katie's idea to not split. Haven't read a lot of Doris's linked posts tbh

#FFA:

orla
    gabriel
    TBD

Liam WW wrote: »
    Ok, its too early to vote yet, I think we need to look at more players.

Yes Yes Yes . .

Make me default lynch, don't waste anymore time on me because I want to be seer peaked or lynched tonight..

Focus on others.

If I die, focus on Ewan and Angus. Read my posts again, do not trust their own defence of my accusations .

Seriously, there is no reason for you to argue with me or debate my reasoning until you know for sure who I am. I am offering to be defecto munch or peak TODAY. I'm not looking to put anything off. I am saying I think the village will get more out of knowing who I am (dead or alive).

So don't bother discussing me or how I fit into this until you know for sure who I am. You will see its wasted debating while wolves plan their next target..

Everybody vote for me now so you don't think I am messing... I don't need to defend my death because I think whether I live or die I have enough evidence for two targets. I haven't proven it, but my death will give it great weight. Think about it, a villager gets lynched but the village gets two prime targets.

I already kept the focus on Nigel (again you can find many posts from me on this). I feel Angus and Ewan tried to discredit me and accuse me of things, but when pushed wouldn't provide links to the things they were saying I had done.

Ewan tried to make out I said somebody was diablo, I cant remember ever even typing that name. .

The thing is, even if villagers are starting to think I am a villager I have to die or be peaked today. You cant trust what I say so you have to know I am at least trying to help the village.

well then i would believe you and happily lych dorris. is conor black widiw?
    I cannot say yes or no as I don't want wolves to have info but answer me this.

Why despite being told loads today that peek is after lynch, is she still asking to be peeked.

Or while talking to me telling me to get the seer to peek her.

Is that someone you really think is a good helpful villager

• Advertisement

We have no definitive target tonight, we need another FFA. Get them in for 7pm?

#FFA3
    Gabriel - rooming with Isla. Voting pattern suggests they are staying out of each others way.
    Vernon - can't remember who outlined this, but posts look very neutral throughout
    Doris - going with Katie's idea to not split. Haven't read a lot of Doris's linked posts tbh

You will tomorrow . .

Seriously Conor, I have to be revealed today on some level. If I am not lynched you have to seer peak me. This is my only hand that I can play. I don't want to be a distraction. If I am wrong about Ewan and Angus, then to be quite honest I don't trust any of my intuition. ....

Advertisement