Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

We might no be in as bad a condition as we thought, right now its like this

Vil v SS v MV v SK - 9 v 4 v 2 v 1 (taking joker into account)

For a wolf team to win them need to eliminate the other baddies also, it's not a collective wolf win.

Therefore we would need to loose at least another 5 or 6 villager, depending on the joker, to loose the game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Wendy, looked at Orla's posts. What I have found is nothing concrete wolf, nothing too concrete village. When she joined the thread, a lot of posts were rule/role clarifications - these stand out because they were a day behind everyone else.
    Isla noting that she hadn't posted yet - is it because she is a team mate? Possibly? But to me right now, its not the strongest case.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Okay 95% certain I have a hairy one in Gabriel. I skimmed all her posts. Her main gripe is consistently accusing Nigel, which fits with my theory since Nigel is on the other wolf team.

This is my initial argument:

tl;dr Isla and Gabriel aren't voting/ffa'ing for each other.

Your rebuttal:

Tbh, this isn't good enough. You are openly admitting to following the crowd. To add to this, you mention Isla ONCE during the whole debate

That's it. The only time you mention Isla when Tegan got lynched.

You mention her a few more times once she's been rumbled by our seer. Fair enough.

Henry went through her posts. Steve/Holly debate is irrelevant.

Gabriel actually did not debate Isla. This is compounding my argument. Can you show me where she did weigh in?

From my read of Gabriel's posts, the thing that stands out most for me is his ability to be swayed to go along with the crowd.
    Some of his first posts on the thread were very much stay under the radar, try be helpful, but not really being helpful.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    This game is moving far too quickly to keep up with!

Aware I'm low posting but there is already a lot happening so not sure I could add just yet to the good work already being done. Will pipe up when I spot something though.
    Ok my wording was bad. I dont mean exclude everyone but Katie, but that Katie seems to have her head screwed on right and has lead to a successful kill today.

Fair enough Barbs is a confirmed (more or less if im right) good role. Not arguing with that. I probs need to review todays posts again to weigh in properly on who i am advocating.

Im right about Nigel not being as helpful as he wants to appear though.
    Ok that is fair enough. I suppose from this point of view her actions could have been wolfie as much as they were villagery.

I will redact any implicit trust and try harder to actually watch and report back trends (that being said i will say again i think Nigel is the one worth watching or racing against someone else (me if needs be).
    Half my post was wrong (the bit about katie being the only one to trust) so i dont mind being pulled up on that.

Some sample posts by Gabriel. Eva and Tegan both had him pegged as a wolf at one stage.
    He really is doing his best to stay off the radar and just coast along unnoticed in my opinion.
    Then again I was wrong about Conor and Fiona. But, Gabriel is first on my list for FFA this evening.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I'm not convinced you are Harley Doris. I wanted to offer the suggestion that there could be a benefit to lynching and not peeking you. You being Harley is one such scenario. If I was going to suggest that you were Harley credibly I have to guess that you were posting all those things to come across as helpful and then the wolf team decided it would actually be best for you to be lynched but in a non obvious way. It's unlikely but I've previously been accused of being too trusting (once by you) when I didn't post all my thoughts down.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    You reckon the wolves won't hit Katie again?!
    Oh they might. I don't have a crystal ball.

However, the wolves won't want to miss another kill. So can they take the chance of hitting a protected Katie and loosing one of their own? One thing is for certain, attempting to take out Katie is very risky for them and a no go for Deadpool.

Although the opposite is true - is it too risky to not protect Katie?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    I'm not convinced you are Harley Doris. I wanted to offer the suggestion that there could be a benefit to lynching and not peeking you. You being Harley is one such scenario. If I was going to suggest that you were Harley credibly I have to guess that you were posting all those things to come across as helpful and then the wolf team decided it would actually be best for you to be lynched but in a non obvious way. It's unlikely but I've previously been accused of being too trusting (once by you) when I didn't post all my thoughts down.

Cool bro ...

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ewan WW wrote: »

Some sample posts by Gabriel. Eva and Tegan both had him pegged as a wolf at one stage.
    He really is doing his best to stay off the radar and just coast along unnoticed in my opinion.
    Then again I was wrong about Conor and Fiona. But, Gabriel is first on my list for FFA this evening.

he's deadpool

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Wendy, looked at Orla's posts. What I have found is nothing concrete wolf, nothing too concrete village. When she joined the thread, a lot of posts were rule/role clarifications - these stand out because they were a day behind everyone else.
    Isla noting that she hadn't posted yet - is it because she is a team mate? Possibly? But to me right now, its not the strongest case.

I checked them earlier, sorry forgot to report back, I would concur with that assessment. Nothing standing out to suggest she is wolfy, she hasn't really communicated directly with others. If she is bad, I would be more inclined to say she is SK but again nothing concrete on it.

Doris WW wrote: »
    F**k right off internet. I posted a fairly big summary of stuff and it internet crashed!!!

Here's my notes without explanation so I can pickup later

Concern with following one person - last game led us to ruin
    Katie could be on Harley team. Sacrifice Clodagh to get joker?!
    Angus big post - lots of quotes - possible editing of quotes to suit narrative? 1.24pm
    Nigel "but if barb says so I am game" easily follow Barbara
    Tegan and Katie bad- working together?
    Feels bit like one wolf team attacking another
    Wolves targeting rolled players?
    Gabriel trusts Katie - nailing flag to her
    Mary- too pally with Katie and endorse Barbara
    Could Nigel be Harley? If I survive the munch!

I'm not sure if this has been said, but I finally got through your links Doris. You said you didn't accuse Angus of editing quotes but here you do say it's possible that he's editing quotes. Why mention it if it's not a bit of an accusation? (#2270)
    I took it as an accusation against Angus anyway so I'd imagine he did too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

you could also be on the same team

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Possible - if I were a wolf which I'm not :)
    I'm not saying she's not a wolf, I'm just saying it is a weak link when I feel there is more concrete evidence against other players.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    i would also like to bring orla back into the equation. i didnt want to go down this route, but it was her who brought it up. she was a sub for a player not posting. isla was looking for the player who had not posted. i think because she was trying to find the 4th member of her team.

Wendy you're tunneling me hard now, why would Isla look on thread for a potential member of her team when she could just ask the mods in private?

I was in touch with the mods all day on Monday (in my other life) as they knew it was likely a sub would be needed. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't at least inform the wolves backstage that something was amis. It would be a very stupid wolf to go looking for a team mate on thread.

like I get that you have to be suspicious of everyone, we all do but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

we talked about this this morning and I asked you other than me who you thought were wolves, if I'm the only wolf you can see your view is distorted cos you're looking down a tunnel.

now in other business, Doris, please, I know you think you're being helpful but I find it really hard to follow your posts when you just talk about evidence and links, can you not just do one long post with all the quotes? it's causing an awful lot of confusion when we need clarity today. It would help me and I think others if you could just multiquote.

Pter Gabriel, please use your fake account this dual posting to hide yourself is bull. You are Gabriel right, can you clarify this?
    Side note I think we need to discuss penalties for this after the game

If you are gabe my next point was to you anyway, sorry I didn't remember you posted that lovely parrot picture of me! As I'm sure we can all recall and as I explained earlier, the first two days here were chaos, every time I would write a post another 10 would have flown up since I started typing. I can't be the only one that happened to. It doesn't help that I was a sub and had a sh1t ton to catch up on. I don't have thoughts about you either way TBH i just couldn't remember you so i was interested in hearing more, as i told wendy earlier I like shaking trees to see what falls out a lot of people probably think the same about me and quite fairly. I'm just having a mental week in work and I'm struggling to keep up with the game

Mary WW wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been said, but I finally got through your links Doris. You said you didn't accuse Angus of editing quotes but here you do say it's possible that he's editing quotes. Why mention it if it's not a bit of an accusation? (#2270)
    I took it as an accusation against Angus anyway so I'd imagine he did too.

Yes and I explained

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103931995&postcount=3124

But Angus completely ignored this and kept saying I accused him of doctoring quotes when I started to say only by using links can we be sure it wasn't edited to suit the narrative. It might be harder for people to click on links but do you not think wolves can't multi quote people and edit posts to be taken out of context or look dodgy?

Anytime Angus and Ewan were accused by me, I gave a reason and provided links to confirm why I was suspicions. Their general responses were not to address my questions or links and either say I was making sh*t up or not providing evidence...

They are either very very lazy villagers (very possible) who weren't bothered addressing my concerns or wolves looking to discredit me...

I feel they were using my attacks on Nigel to attack me. I can't say if it was a group thing or if one is innocent but I think there's strong enough dodgyness about how it went down for people to be highly suspicious...

I have posted links and nobody has bothered looking at them so why would I keep explaining myself for the rest of the day? When I die you will take me seriously and save me the bother of spending today reposting what I already reposted..

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

From my read of Gabriel's posts, the thing that stands out most for me is his ability to be swayed to go along with the crowd.
    Some of his first posts on the thread were very much stay under the radar, try be helpful, but not really being helpful.

Ok good - now here is something i want to point out. So far, everyone has been grilling me today and thats fine. My low posting and following the leader hasnt been great (because the leaders were wrong a couple of times) so i cant refute those. If it lands me in FFA's and a race, fine.

But why is Ewan giving Orla a free ride here. I did manage to do my homework and not be lazy, and look at this collection of posts. Nothing of substance, a list of posts that puts me to shame for following the leader and more excuses than Slimming World on Monday morning.

421091.JPG

421092.JPG

421093.JPG

Doris called Ewan under suspicion and this post is either a) intended to deflect from that accusation or b) take me down with him tomorrow, assuming Doris goes this evening.

If i am racing, Ewan and Orla race too, for my money.

Also, i had to do this for Nigel, and im doing it now. Orla, will you please show up and answer for yourself. If i am to fall because of following Girtie and swtiching as others did for votes, then put me on your FFAs and we can see who can answer for themselves, but stop giving Orla and Ewan a free ride.

look up honey pie I'm just on top of you!

I never accused you based on the size of your post count...must be something you're sensitive about btw I love this line

"more excuses than Slimming World on Monday morning" I'm gonna use that

Orla WW wrote: »
    Wendy you're tunneling me hard now, why would Isla look on thread for a potential member of her team when she could just ask the mods in private? Proves nothing, you could be on the other team.

I was in touch with the mods all day on Monday (in my other life) as they knew it was likely a sub would be needed. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't at least inform the wolves backstage that something was amis. It would be a very stupid wolf to go looking for a team mate on thread. Claim that can only be substantiated by a mod or by her wolf teammates. Worthless.

like I get that you have to be suspicious of everyone, we all do but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

we talked about this this morning and I asked you other than me who you thought were wolves, if I'm the only wolf you can see your view is distorted cos you're looking down a tunnel. She isnt the only one looking at you, and inactivity and lack of other suspects isnt a valid defence.

now in other business, Doris, please, I know you think you're being helpful but I find it really hard to follow your posts when you just talk about evidence and links, can you not just do one long post with all the quotes? it's causing an awful lot of confusion when we need clarity today. It would help me and I think others if you could just multiquote.

Pter Gabriel, please use your fake account this dual posting to hide yourself is bull. You are Gabriel right, can you clarify this?
    Side note I think we need to discuss penalties for this after the game

I have apologised and explained Pter/Gabriel are the same. Sorry for the inconvenience, but i dont think anyone else is having trouble with it.

If you are gabe my next point was to you anyway, sorry I didn't remember you posted that lovely parrot picture of me! As I'm sure we can all recall and as I explained earlier, the first two days here were chaos, every time I would write a post another 10 would have flown up since I started typing. Same for everyone here. My point there was thats one of the only times you have been pulled up and you conveniently skimmed over it.

I can't be the only one that happened to. It doesn't help that I was a sub and had a sh1t ton to catch up on. I don't have thoughts about you either way TBH i just couldn't remember you so i was interested in hearing more, as i told wendy earlier I like shaking trees to see what falls out a lot of people probably think the same about me and quite fairly. I'm just having a mental week in work and I'm struggling to keep up with the game

I have to disagree with most of this.

Thanks for coming in and posting just before i asked you to though :D

Yes and I explained

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103931995&postcount=3124

But Angus completely ignored this and kept saying I accused him of doctoring quotes when I started to say only by using links can we be sure it wasn't edited to suit the narrative. It might be harder for people to click on links but do you not think wolves can't multi quote people and edit posts to be taken out of context or look dodgy?

Anytime Angus and Ewan were accused by me, I gave a reason and provided links to confirm why I was suspicions. Their general responses were not to address my questions or links and either say I was making sh*t up or not providing evidence...

They are either very very lazy villagers (very possible) who weren't bothered addressing my concerns or wolves looking to discredit me...

I feel they were using my attacks on Nigel to attack me. I can't say if it was a group thing or if one is innocent but I think there's strong enough dodgyness about how it went down for people to be highly suspicious...

I have posted links and nobody has bothered looking at them so why would I keep explaining myself for the rest of the day? When I die you will take me seriously and save me the bother of spending today reposting what I already reposted..

Wolves certainly can do it. But you have to understand that it came across as an accusation without much of a reasoning behind it. And if you really wanted to bring it up as one you could've searched for his quotes in the thread using the search tool. There were 8 quotes so it would've taken around five minutes. If you had found any discrepancies then yes I would certainly agree with you.

I do think that either linking posts or giving a post number with quotes is helpful though. However you have to be careful when giving links to pages. Every link with a page you gave returns me to the current page. This is because of the different settings on posts per page. So your page number won't match everyone else's. It will match some but not all.

also I din't think people had been grilling you today? people are just curious and want to know more about you do you feel like you're being grilled? I feel like we're just a bunch of internet friends conversating!

On the Doris thing.

I'm not going to go back and quote posts because what's coming across to me is one of those things that just doesn't sit right.

The constant insistence on being either peeked or lynched is off. Fair enough if it's mentioned once or twice but it's relentless at this stage. It smacks to me of calling bluff. Trying to come across as being a villager through proving it by either method. Everyone plays the game differently I suppose but continually going the road of being vindicated in this way doesn't look great to me.

Orla WW wrote: »
    look up honey pie I'm just on top of you!

I never accused you based on the size of your post count...must be something you're sensitive about btw I love this line

"more excuses than Slimming World on Monday morning" I'm gonna use that

You never accused me, the accusation of low posting and coasting has been made by others however.

And, by chance, you and I have the exact same post count. So whats good for the goose.....

My Lynch vote is Ewan.

Lynch him and peak me or lynch me a peak him.

• Advertisement

I have to disagree with most of this.

Thanks for coming in and posting just before i asked you to though :D

Well obviously you disagree you and your wolfie mates want to lynch me tonight, you want to hop on this train going through wendys tunnel to dead villager town.

I'm sure the mods wouldn't mid confirming I'm a sub they've confirmed other things for us, it's why they didn't post the lynch results on night 1, because there is no vote by Orla in them

Henry WW wrote: »
    On the Doris thing.

I'm not going to go back and quote posts because what's coming across to me is one of those things that just doesn't sit right.

The constant insistence on being either peeked or lynched is off. Fair enough if it's mentioned once or twice but it's relentless at this stage. It smacks to me of calling bluff. Trying to come across as being a villager through proving it by either method. Everyone plays the game differently I suppose but continually going the road of being vindicated in this way doesn't look great to me.

I did mention you are on my radar Henry ... ;)

Don't worry , I will be summarising my findings around lynch time to make the biggest impact... Maybe the villagers will get off their asses and put a bit of work looking at the work I did at least making a case and providing evidence...

You never accused me, the accusation of low posting and coasting has been made by others however.

And, by chance, you and I have the exact same post count. So whats good for the goose.....

twinsies! oh wait does that make me an angry Russian too :mad:

Yet they have no trouble posting the no votes for the other days. ill apologise if a mod confirms, but im not following wendy. Im not following anyone this time, parrot.

You did and as I said, I'm happy to answer any questions you (or anyone else) may have.
    Don't worry , I will be summarising my findings around lynch time to make the biggest impact... Maybe the villagers will get off their asses and put a bit of work looking at the work I did at least making a case and providing evidence...
    Why not now? Don't do a 'Nigel' on us.

Look i have laid my case out for rivals in the race

#FFA
    1 Orla
    2 Ewan
    3 Angus (he and Ewan seem cosy)

Caveat to the above is that im voting Doris tonight, which is why she isnt up there.

Yet they have no trouble posting the no votes for the other days. ill apologise if a mod confirms, but im not following wendy. Im not following anyone this time, parrot.

Why woudl I make up that I'm a sub, what's to be gained there, if anything it's a disadvantage, cos subs always end up dead.

I'll take my apology here or in the deadroom, comrade

Look i have laid my case out for rivals in the race

#FFA
    1 Orla
    2 Ewan
    3 Angus (he and Ewan seem cosy)

The point of an FFA is to list the people you want to vote for. the votes are collected and the top 3 are raced. So why are you giving us an ffa that doesn't include the person you're voting for?
    Caveat to the above is that im voting Doris tonight, which is why she isnt up there.

I'm going to stop now cos I don't want to tunnel you, if i get too distracted by you I'll miss the other wolves

• Advertisement

Doris, for the links you gave with page numbers would you mind going back and giving links to posts or times of day you want us to look at?

Advertisement