Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    The point of an FFA is to list the people you want to vote for. the votes are collected and the top 3 are raced. So why are you giving us an ffa that doesn't include the person you're voting for?

I'm going to stop now cos I don't want to tunnel you, if i get too distracted by you I'll miss the other wolves

I thought it was to get 3 people to question in more depth. I dont think we will get more out of Doris tonight, but ok - thanks for the clarification.

#FFA
    Doris
    Orla
    Ewan

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Wolves certainly can do it. But you have to understand that it came across as an accusation without much of a reasoning behind it. And if you really wanted to bring it up as one you could've searched for his quotes in the thread using the search tool. There were 8 quotes so it would've taken around five minutes. If you had found any discrepancies then yes I would certainly agree with you.

I do think that either linking posts or giving a post number with quotes is helpful though. However you have to be careful when giving links to pages. Every link with a page you gave returns me to the current page. This is because of the different settings on posts per page. So your page number won't match everyone else's. It will match some but not all.

This is a record breaking village. The first two days there was a phenomenal amount of posts being made, You could post and be 2 pages on before your quotes are uploaded...

I am not sure what you mean about links being different on different pages. It works fine for me maybe other people could confirm that because it feels a bit of a wolf tactic to discredit me. But, to make sure this isn't allowed to muddy the waters, I will add links to the post and the page and will even say the day/time the post was made.

The problem isn't that my links didn't work, its that Angus and Ewan didn't feel my accusations were worth looking at. They didn't even bother trying to disprove my accusations. Their responses were just to throw mud at me..

You, focusing on this link thing is suspicious unless goodies can confirm they had the same issue. If I am a baddy, I will be revealed tonight and it will add weight to your link theory. If I am a goody, it will prove that the link issue was either a genuine mistake on my part or you are a wolf trying to muddy the waters to protect somebody I have identified.. Don't worry, I will link this discussion aswell.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Thanks doris. I think anyone who has settings on 40 posts per page should have the exact same problem as me. Are you 15 per page? Because I don't mind switching back so I can see what your talking about. I'm not trying to muddy any waters. I'm actually trying to make them clearer.

Doris, for the links you gave with page numbers would you mind going back and giving links to posts or times of day you want us to look at?

I will, but I need to get away from this . Ive so much work to do its not funny...

If, for some reason, I don't get back to this, just read this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103943775&postcount=3937

Post 3937 - It shows the post number on the link WENDY

Thanks doris. I think anyone who has settings on 40 posts per page should have the exact same problem as me. Are you 15 per page? Because I don't mind switching back so I can see what your talking about. I'm not trying to muddy any waters. I'm actually trying to make them clearer.

Any link I posted has the post number in the address . . If the link doesn't work you can find the post number... FAO WENDY

• Advertisement

Right . .

Look at the following page:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057756683&page=229

Its on page 229 on my laptop and starts at post 3427

Ewan straight out accuses me of "causing noise". This was after I had made the master list and spent most of my time targeting Nigel

Same Page Ewan accuses Jake of lieing - Post 3429

I respond with post 3434 saying who my targets are and still are - Nigel, Angus and Ewan . I also addressed Ewans "you have been causing noise" claim by asking him to explain this accusation. I don't think I got a response, certainly not quickly.

Next page, post 3437 - Ewan doesn't even awknowledge the list I told him about and still insists I was confusing him. I posted a summary of the village, the names, the confirmed goodies and confirmed baddies and some summary stuff. He should of been accusing me of trying to look helpful if he wanted to make a decent accusation, but even after me telling him about my list he sticks with the I am confusing things narrative.

I responded with post 3439 and said "I presume you will respond with more comprehensive information" which I don't think happened. I think most of Ewans comments on me focus on the links I provided and keeping the narrative that I am trying to confuse people with my links fetish.

Then Ewan stopped engaging me and Angus chipped in immediately:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103937311&postcount=3442

Post 3442, its actually on the same page as above if you have done your reading on Ewan.

This could be just coincidence or it could be one wolf leaving me be and another wolf attacking me immediately to make it look like several villagers find me dodgy and to take the focus of me and Ewan.

Angus is still pissed I even mentioned the editing of his posts in any capacity. I had already explained why I said what I said, but he continued to say I hadn't answered him.

Post 3347 - I responded to Angus and linked my post that insinuated potential editing. . I felt I clarified that I used Angus as an example where I felt that using quotes wasn't as reliable as posting Links. This is valid. What is better for wolves ? That we use multiquotes and the people reading have to double check back (possibly pages of threads) or we use links where people can go back, read the post, the conversation and make up their own minds ? Which is clearer for "evidence" to be used against you ?

This feels like a wolf tactic or Donal Trump . . Fake News . Links are FAKE NEWS . . Yeh Wendy, I'm looking at you!!!

Here is Angus asking me to be shot (by ISLA?) a few pages later:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103935710&postcount=3380 (post 3380)

Trying to offer ISLA some cover ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057756683&page=226

Page 226 (post 3376 onwards)

Making protestations for ISLA to shoot me. Again, for some reason you are trying to give credibility to ISLA while targeting me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Well just sitting back and waiting for a wolf to slip up.

There might be more, but I need a break....

When reading that, imagine the above happened to you , how would you feel ? Would you think there is anything at all suspicious ? Would you think, particularly after you had been targeting a killed wolf (ME - Nigel) that this was just coincidence or a possible pattern ?

Now, if you felt like me , that this is a huge red flag that needs to be explored. How would you communicate it with your village? You know the wolves will focus on you and make the focus about your status which would take away from your evidence...

Angus and Ewan had plenty of opportunities to make decent defences but prioritised attacking me and ignoring my evidence. As I said, lazy villagers or sneaky wolves .

I made the call to offer myself to death because I am not a rolled villager and feel this is enough to warrant investigation and suspicion.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Yes and I explained

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103931995&postcount=3124

But Angus completely ignored this and kept saying I accused him of doctoring quotes when I started to say only by using links can we be sure it wasn't edited to suit the narrative. It might be harder for people to click on links but do you not think wolves can't multi quote people and edit posts to be taken out of context or look dodgy?

Anytime Angus and Ewan were accused by me, I gave a reason and provided links to confirm why I was suspicions. Their general responses were not to address my questions or links and either say I was making sh*t up or not providing evidence...

They are either very very lazy villagers (very possible) who weren't bothered addressing my concerns or wolves looking to discredit me...

I feel they were using my attacks on Nigel to attack me. I can't say if it was a group thing or if one is innocent but I think there's strong enough dodgyness about how it went down for people to be highly suspicious...

I have posted links and nobody has bothered looking at them so why would I keep explaining myself for the rest of the day? When I die you will take me seriously and save me the bother of spending today reposting what I already reposted..

You didnt explain it , you left it hanging there, you didnt say I ckeced his posts and i am wrong, he didnt change anything, instead you left the mud stick.

• Advertisement

Oh and I think Derry is good . . Its a hunch...

Wendy and Henry are on my radar. .

I am exhausted repeating myself so I cant really say why Henry is blinking on my screen so for now I say focus on the Angus and Ewan.

Wendy is also a question mark for saying links don't help much when the links I posted actually have the post number on them. And because she initially took credit for the master list I did. She didn't quote it or reference me when posting it originally. I found that really odd. Sort of like trying to look helpful by stealing somebody elses hard work (took me time to make up that list). . Maybe Wendy was just being a dick, but I found that a very odd move when multiquote would of been easier and she didn't make one change to my post (ie she copied and pasted my entire post, including some of my musings and didn't mention it was posted by me).

I feel like there was something else about wendy but I cant remember so you guys will have to do some of your own detective work..

Wolves certainly can do it. But you have to understand that it came across as an accusation without much of a reasoning behind it. And if you really wanted to bring it up as one you could've searched for his quotes in the thread using the search tool. There were 8 quotes so it would've taken around five minutes. If you had found any discrepancies then yes I would certainly agree with you.

I do think that either linking posts or giving a post number with quotes is helpful though. However you have to be careful when giving links to pages. Every link with a page you gave returns me to the current page. This is because of the different settings on posts per page. So your page number won't match everyone else's. It will match some but not all.

Thats a lot more eloquetly put that i could have put it.
    I've been trying to say that all moring and have failed.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Doris is digging a bigger hole?

I actually am not on the lynch doris train. They've put in a fair amount of work with their posts and links and do seem genuine. I kept asking questions doris because I didn't know where some of the links were taking me. Thanks for clearing that up though.

I do think they're digging a hole but I think it's a village hole rather than a wolf hole.

Also norris I think your posts would've swayed more people without the lynch or peek me stuff. That was very heavy handed and probably turned people off. So in answer to how would someone have reacted in your shoes, I'd be putting forward evidence as to who I think is guilty and saying remember these if I die and am shown to be good.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that Doris is digging a bigger hole?

I know lads great a digging graves....i mean holes.....yes holes. Holes for the Papist and Antichrist's.

Angus WW wrote: »
    You didnt explain it , you left it hanging there, you didnt say I ckeced his posts and i am wrong, he didnt change anything, instead you left the mud stick.

I asked you to post links to avoid this issue to which you replied "No" . . Post 3337

Sorry, lets not pretend that you are some poor innocent victim of an attack from nowhere. I have repeatedly asked people to post links instead of quotes. Why would a wolf do that ?

I didn't accuse you of editing the post, I posted "Notes"

Incidentally, more evidence of Ewan at least talking with ISLA as if he knows she can "shoot".
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057756683&page=211

Post 3151

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Oh and I think Derry is good . . Its a hunch...

Wendy and Henry are on my radar. .

I am exhausted repeating myself so I cant really say why Henry is blinking on my screen so for now I say focus on the Angus and Ewan.

Wendy is also a question mark for saying links don't help much when the links I posted actually have the post number on them. And because she initially took credit for the master list I did. She didn't quote it or reference me when posting it originally. I found that really odd. Sort of like trying to look helpful by stealing somebody elses hard work (took me time to make up that list). . Maybe Wendy was just being a dick, but I found that a very odd move when multiquote would of been easier and she didn't make one change to my post (ie she copied and pasted my entire post, including some of my musings and didn't mention it was posted by me).

I feel like there was something else about wendy but I cant remember so you guys will have to do some of your own detective work..

1. come on now dorris. i just said i was too lazy to click the links.

2. really?

3. the reason for not quoting, was so i could make changes to the list. i even said 1 of the mistakes was my doing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Right . .

Look at the following page:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057756683&page=229

Its on page 229 on my laptop and starts at post 3427

Ewan straight out accuses me of "causing noise". This was after I had made the master list and spent most of my time targeting Nigel

Same Page Ewan accuses Jake of lieing - Post 3429

I respond with post 3434 saying who my targets are and still are - Nigel, Angus and Ewan . I also addressed Ewans "you have been causing noise" claim by asking him to explain this accusation. I don't think I got a response, certainly not quickly.

Next page, post 3437 - Ewan doesn't even awknowledge the list I told him about and still insists I was confusing him. I posted a summary of the village, the names, the confirmed goodies and confirmed baddies and some summary stuff. He should of been accusing me of trying to look helpful if he wanted to make a decent accusation, but even after me telling him about my list he sticks with the I am confusing things narrative.

I responded with post 3439 and said "I presume you will respond with more comprehensive information" which I don't think happened. I think most of Ewans comments on me focus on the links I provided and keeping the narrative that I am trying to confuse people with my links fetish.

I click on this link and I get to page 104 and top of the page is post #4121.
    You should post the links to single posts, not pages. From the single post, a person can then link on the Thread: LINK at top right of single post to get to the page to view context.

Also norris I think your posts would've swayed more people without the lynch or peek me stuff. That was very heavy handed and probably turned people off. So in answer to how would someone have reacted in your shoes, I'd be putting forward evidence as to who I think is guilty and saying remember these if I die and am shown to be good.

Maybe, but I didn't want to waste the day trying to curry credibility . . Me having skin in the game (Lynch or peek) at least means I am offering something to add weight to my claims . .

I felt that what I said would lead to what is happening. Techniques to focus on insignificant things or my character (which can only be cleared after a reveal)..

• Advertisement

Wendy WW wrote: »
    1. come on now dorris. i just said i was too lazy to click the links.

2. really?

3. the reason for not quoting, was so i could make changes to the list. i even said 1 of the mistakes was my doing.

i wont be voting for you tonight, but how can those reasons make you suspicious of me?

Incidentally, more evidence of Ewan at least talking with ISLA as if he knows she can "shoot".

That's not how it reads to me. He doesn't indicate that he know she can shoot - quite the opposite.
    Ewan wrote:
    She was shot! But protected by Katana. But that protection is gone now and can be shot again! Iron Man do it. Otherwise we waste a day of nothingness just waiting to lynch her.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Im trying to keep up with this witchhunt against Doris and all these links are melting my head. To be fair to her, she is puting up a fight and claimed a role, cant rem which one now. This is something Nigel wouldnt do. Unless I miss something huge, Im not voting Doris tonight. Possibly peek maybe.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I click on this link and I get to page 104 and top of the page is post #4121.
    You should post the links to single posts, not pages. From the single post, a person can then link on the Thread: LINK at top right of single post to get to the page to view context.

Yesterday 17.17 . . Ewans post onwards . . Conor and Liam are being targeted. . Then it turns to me . .

Now, if I am proven a villager , that's three villagers he has targeted. A poor judge of character or a wolf?

The links between ISLA (backing her up as a good person with a bullet) . . The attacks on me as I target Nigel. The targeting of mostly villagers (I will be confirmed after munch).

The tactics to just attack and insinuate I am accusing people and ignoring any evidence or response I give.

All diversony stuff that at best points at sloppy Villagers, but people who need to be investigated . .

Nobody was listening to me. I tried to post (look at me even posting at 1am this morning) summary and links and nobody even responded . I couldn't get your attention . .

Now I have your attention but it meant I had to push myself out of the crowd. It was that or just keep reposting and repeating myself..... Do you understand why I had to be dramatic ?

Liam WW wrote: »
    Im trying to keep up with this witchhunt against Doris and all these links are melting my head. To be fair to her, she is puting up a fight and claimed a role, cant rem which one now. This is something Nigel wouldnt do. Unless I miss something huge, Im not voting Doris tonight. Possibly peek maybe.

she claimed blackwidow. this can be disproved by priest or the real widow

Black widow....

But I have to be peaked if people want to trust me and if I am to lead a proper investigation .

She's claimed Black Widow, I think. I do agree with you in that Doris is putting in a fair amount of effort. I just can't decide if it's an over eager villager or a determined wolf.

I asked you to post links to avoid this issue to which you replied "No" . . Post 3337

Sorry, lets not pretend that you are some poor innocent victim of an attack from nowhere. I have repeatedly asked people to post links instead of quotes. Why would a wolf do that ?

I didn't accuse you of editing the post, I posted "Notes"

Post 3151

Dorris Dorris Dorris i'll look at the post for you

here is Post number 3337
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    Vlad!

WTF are you on about ?????

Dorris,

I'll help you out yet again
    No

Maybe you want this post.

its in relation to
    Thank you for posting LINKS . .

Can we all agree that only LINKs (not quotes) can be taken as evidence ?

And the answer is NO , we cant agree.

• Advertisement

And the answer is NO , we cant agree.
    I think what Doris means is that the quoted post can be edited before being reposted but the original cannot.

Advertisement