Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Definitely against a Thor reveal. It's too early.
    According to my lists, Barbara and Orla have still to make an appearance but everyone else has shown up now, including a few surprise guests with strange names :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    I was referring to general boards treads :)

Any thoughts Mr Gallagher?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Two still yet to post?
    Orla
    Barbara

Just for reference.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Definitely against a Thor reveal. It's too early.
    According to my lists, Barbara and Orla have still to make an appearance but everyone else has shown up now, including a few surprise guests with strange names :pac:
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Two still yet to post?
    Orla
    Barbara

Just for reference.

Snap!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Crazy talk. If Thor comes out then he can be killed on the second attempt which is no problem given the amount of evil teams. The best it will get us is a single failed evil kill.

Thor needs to stay alive as he will be much more valuable towards the end of the game when a missed evil kill will be most welcome.

Are you an evil who is afraid of accidentally targeting Thor?

Actually what happens if 2 of the evil teams target Thor in the same night? Is that his 2 lives gone?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Actually what happens if 2 of the evil teams target Thor in the same night? Is that his 2 lives gone?

I doubt it but it's worth the mods confirming.

Good question, my gut says hes dead. Can Mods clarify?

I thought that too, at first. But the OP says needs to be targeted over two nights, not two hits.

Presume this also means that one lynch will get him :(

I doubt it but it's worth the mods confirming.

I see your thinking, but at least we and Thor knows where he stands and they still wont know who Thor is.

I thought the same thing about Thor being hit by multiple teams so I had a look and I think the wording is pretty clear, he has to be targeted on two consecutive nights

• Advertisement

OK Eva are you me?

I thought that too, at first. But the OP says needs to be targeted over two nights, not two hits.

I never thought of a lynch, oh I dont know what to think

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Ok, I have about 5 mins free so here's some early thoughts:

Katie's first post is setting off alarm bells in my head. I get making an introduction, but announcing that you have found someone claiming a role/roles before a munch is lunacy, particularly if it's a good role the person may or may not be claiming. It gives wolves an opportunity to search and potentially find something.

Also, Conor. Can you please outline reasons for why I'm suspect other than lumping me in with 3 names in drive by style. I'll respond to anything you like once I get home from work. Throwing out the names without reasons at this early stage is just odd to me.

Not sure on Abigail. I get the feeling they're being helpful but asking people to name who they trust is just giving the baddies a list to pick out.

That's about all I have for now. Any questions I'll try and get to later. Need to read back over the thread when I'm home anyways as it's not as easy to follow on the phone.

Abigail is really going out of her way to prove she's not a wolf:

:P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I'd say so, yeah. So if Thor was to come out as suggested (DON'T) he'd be likely dead by 10am tomorrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

So that idea went down about as well as I expected it to! Just hear me out for a minute though, I'm not going to push it if no-one wants it but I do think there's merit in the idea and that it's of benefit to the village.
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    I see this way differently. He would be gone on day 3 if her were to come out? I don't understand how it would increase the chance of lynching a baddie. He reduces the numbers by 1, which at this stage with everyone still in the game, isn't much of an odds reduction.
    Yes, he could potentially be gone by day 3. That is the risk. However, given that the baddies can't communicate (or can they? If so, then it's a bad idea) by giving them a "target" we're potentially dictating their kills for the next 2 nights, thus saving important village roles. Also, there's a good potential for crossover in the team kills because they can't communicate. Even if one baddie team gets a hit on him, they have to attack him twice in a row. Thus potential for cross over on second night too. I don't think the baddies will actually target him, there's too much risk and also they can concentrate on other more important roles.

Also, yes having Thor our reduces the odds only slightly at this stage but that will become more as time goes on and it not only reduces the odds of killing a baddie, it also reduces the odds of wasting a bullet on a baddie or peeking him, or binding him etc. Finally, if there is a missed evil kill, and the next night Thor dies, we know that the miss was due to Thor being targeted and not Mystique shifting.
    Always nervous of someone who asks for role reveals this early
    Completely understand that, and happy to drop it but I've given reasoning above why I think it's a good idea.
    Crazy talk. If Thor comes out then he can be killed on the second attempt which is no problem given the amount of evil teams. The best it will get us is a single failed evil kill.

Thor needs to stay alive as he will be much more valuable towards the end of the game when a missed evil kill will be most welcome.

Are you an evil who is afraid of accidentally targeting Thor?
    He has to be targeted twice in a row to be killed. At best it gives us 4 failed evil kills - team A and B target him on night 1 - both fail. Team A and B and SK target him on night 2, 2 fail and one succeeds. At worst it gives us 1 failed kill. A missed evil kill is welcome at any time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Nice spot.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Fiona WW wrote: »

He has to be targeted twice in a row to be killed. At best it gives us 4 failed evil kills - team A and B target him on night 1 - both fail. Team A and B and SK target him on night 2, 2 fail and one succeeds. At worst it gives us 1 failed kill. A missed evil kill is welcome at any time.

I think Thor should stay hidden. Let the evil teams run the risk of taking each other out and doing us a favour.

I see no point in sacrificing any villager.

This is the only thing that isn't clear to me (also if the baddies can communicate amongst each other). From the OP Thor "He is a Demigod and therefore must be targeted two nights in a row to be killed" - I could read that as he survives the lynch if that's the first attempt on his life as it doesn't specify targeted by a baddie team.

Similar with Deadpool and I already asked this in my first posts - Deadpool "can use his healing powers to heal any manner of wound or death blow, but he only has the strength to do it once" so can he survive a lynch as well? I would guess so.

Yes, he could potentially be gone by day 3. That is the risk. However, given that the baddies can't communicate (or can they? If so, then it's a bad idea) by giving them a "target" we're potentially dictating their kills for the next 2 nights, thus saving important village roles. Also, there's a good potential for crossover in the team kills because they can't communicate. Even if one baddie team gets a hit on him, they have to attack him twice in a row. Thus potential for cross over on second night too. I don't think the baddies will actually target him, there's too much risk and also they can concentrate on other more important roles.

Also, yes having Thor our reduces the odds only slightly at this stage but that will become more as time goes on and it not only reduces the odds of killing a baddie, it also reduces the odds of wasting a bullet on a baddie or peeking him, or binding him etc. Finally, if there is a missed evil kill, and the next night Thor dies, we know that the miss was due to Thor being targeted and not Mystique shifting.

Completely understand that, and happy to drop it but I've given reasoning above why I think it's a good idea.

Ok, I don't think I'm convinced yet but at least I can see your logic in thinking this which makes you a bit less suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I'm not convinced by the logic of how a Thor reveal would help the village. I don't think anyone really benefits by having role reveals this early on. Encouraging a role reveal just opens you up to suspicion unless your logic is foolproof (which at this early stage is impossible)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Yes, he could potentially be gone by day 3. That is the risk. However, given that the baddies can't communicate (or can they? If so, then it's a bad idea).
    That is a big assumption to make. Do you know something we don't? The mods haven't said anywhere that I could see that the evil teams can or can't communicate. I wouldn't peg a theory on that that could potentially lose us a rolled villager.
    by giving them a "target" we're potentially dictating their kills for the next 2 nights, thus saving important village roles. Also, there's a good potential for crossover in the team kills because they can't communicate. Even if one baddie team gets a hit on him, they have to attack him twice in a row. Thus potential for cross over on second night too. I don't think the baddies will actually target him, there's too much risk and also they can concentrate on other more important roles. .

Do you NOT think that Thor is an important villager? He is a rolled villager with the potential to save this village if it gets down to the wire at the end.

Not really sure how this would be clear?

This is the only thing that isn't clear to me (also if the baddies can communicate amongst each other). From the OP Thor "He is a Demigod and therefore must be targeted two nights in a row to be killed" - I could read that as he survives the lynch if that's the first attempt on his life as it doesn't specify targeted by a baddie team.

Similar with Deadpool and I already asked this in my first posts - Deadpool "can use his healing powers to heal any manner of wound or death blow, but he only has the strength to do it once" so can he survive a lynch as well? I would guess so.

Lynches happen in the day, which is why I think Thor won't be immune from them.

Deadpool's bio says "any manner" so would include lynches or munches.

My 2c anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Just on thor

If the hits need to be in a row. And the bodyguard can protect him. Isnt it possible to basically make thor immortal?

Not sure how to use this yet but something to note. ..

I'm not convinced either but it does at least show that there is some thought being put into it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

A Thor reveal this early is silly imo unless they're in danger of lynching. Only character I can possibly see that MAYBE should reveal themselves is Jessica Jones as if she dies, we take out an SK.

I want to stress that it shouldn't happen now at all. Any character coming out this early can be put under mind control by Kilgrave or whatever they're called so that is a big no no right now.

Oh but Thor definitely atays hidden for now as long as mystique and kilgrave are in play

Phil WW wrote: »
    Ok, I don't think I'm convinced yet but at least I can see your logic in thinking this which makes you a bit less suspect.

Thank you. I think it's a good idea but completely understand that I could be missing something which is why I wanted to throw it out to the group for discussion.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I'm not convinced by the logic of how a Thor reveal would help the village. I don't think anyone really benefits by having role reveals this early on. Encouraging a role reveal just opens you up to suspicion unless your logic is foolproof (which at this early stage is impossible)
    I certainly don't think that anyone else should reveal their role. But I've presented the logic of why I thinks it makes sense for Thor. I'd rather be under suspicion and get people talking, than sit here quietly and hope we figure it out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Fiona, your logical in the latest post actually does make some sort of sense. However, I still think it is way too early in the game to out Thor.

However, there may be a foolproof way of killing a wolf.
    Kilgrave - Kilgrave has the power of mind control. At any point in the game he can choose any player to mind control. They will share a room and Kilgrave can dictate lynch votes, kill votes, and posts to this player. The selected player must comply. He's also inextricably linked to Jessica Jones. If Jessica dies, Kilgrave dies.

Does Jessica know she is Jessica yet? Or does she find out only when Luke finds her?
    If she does, and outs herself for the lynch, the village can sacrifice her to kill Kilgrave?

• Advertisement

Snap with gertrude

Advertisement