Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    she claimed blackwidow. this can be disproved by priest or the real widow

But so far hasnt. The way I see it, peek her tonight, even if she is wolf, what extra clout does it give them tomrrow? But if she is peeked, katie shouldnt reveal this until after munch tomorrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

i wont be voting for you tonight, but how can those reasons make you suspicious of me?

Wendy . .

I actually explained why I am suspicious. Its wafer thin but its annoying and a bit odd that you copied and pasted work I did without any reference to who actually did it. Could be nothing and maybe its because it was the first time I actually did up one of those lists and this is the way its usually done. The fact that I don't think you made any edits was just odd (at least I didn't think you did). Usually copy and paste is done with changes or amendments.

This is not enough to have you lynched. Your comments on my links felt like a diversionary tactic. I said if other posters agree, you have a point, if other posters don't agree I feel you are trying to make out I am confusing things. The links work perfect for me, so I don't know if you are telling the truth..

These aren't reasons why you are bad, they are just flags that may or may not point to anything . .

At least I have an explanation for you, I cant even say why Henry is on my radar . .

Like I said, I am trying to be helpful. . As best I have played this game, I think ANGUS and Ewan need to be grilled.

I feel Henry and you have minor flags and need to be monitored.

I feel I wasn't being listened to (still amnt by the looks of it) and people were not even responding to my posts until I proposed the lynch/seer. If that meant I was killed I felt it worthwhile because I think my information is good and is beneficial to the village. I am not sacrificing myself for no reason, I just believe I needed to put my kneck on the line for people to listen.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    But so far hasnt. The way I see it, peek her tonight, even if she is wolf, what extra clout does it give them tomrrow? But if she is peeked, katie shouldnt reveal this until after munch tomorrow.

better to peak someone else

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Im trying to keep up with this witchhunt against Doris and all these links are melting my head. To be fair to her, she is puting up a fight and claimed a role, cant rem which one now. This is something Nigel wouldnt do. Unless I miss something huge, Im not voting Doris tonight. Possibly peek maybe.

she is the black widow, she posted about having a blonde wig, and also about having black hair under said wig.This was a day or two ago. just search thread for 'blonde' or 'black'.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Race me if you like - I think I have answered most of Doris' explanations in my earlier posts today, with quotes from her, however, she hasn't acknowledged these.
    I think Doris is taking some of my posts out of context, which other people have already picked up on too.
    I am not going to be online again now until 9ish, so can't be here to defend myself more than I have already done. But I hope my posts to date will back up that I am a villager.

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    I think what Doris means is that the quoted post can be edited before being reposted but the original cannot.

Exactly . ...

And if I post a quote from 10 pages back and say look at what henry said ages ago:
    I will eat your face off and mindf*ck your rotting skull.

Another poster would have to either go and find it or demand a copy.

However if you made a minor change or even took part of that quote or edited the post it could be taken out of context:
    Why did Angus just tell me " I will eat your face off and mindf*ck your rotting skull."

great work today doris. take note nigel, this is now an evil player defends themselves. now lets lynch doris

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

where did you notes say i hadnt changed quotes?

But you can just click on the little blue arrow and it brings you straight to the post!

The way you are doing it, I can't even see the posts!
    It brings me to post 4000 and something, and you are referencing 3000 and something.
    Which is why when I have quoted your posts, they are there, in my post so people can see what they are referencing. And can easily go to that post to view the original if there is any doubt over what I am saying.

great work today doris. take note nigel, this is now an evil player defends themselves. now lets lynch doris

how many have you already tried to lynch today?

• Advertisement

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Race me if you like - I think I have answered most of Doris' explanations in my earlier posts today, with quotes from her, however, she hasn't acknowledged these.
    I think Doris is taking some of my posts out of context, which other people have already picked up on too.
    I am not going to be online again now until 9ish, so can't be here to defend myself more than I have already done. But I hope my posts to date will back up that I am a villager.

I might be wrong about you Ewan, but I feel there is enough there to be suspicious about you. You should of engaged with me more instead of taking pop shots when I was attacking Nigel . . Even if you are team village, taking everything thatI have said into account, this doesn't look great for you .

Oh and either you or Angus accused me of saying somebody was Diablo. I am fairly sure I never said that and you didn't even bother quoting a link or quote from me. Another mud slinging tactic..

And guys, before you choose to Lynch anybody on my list. Please try and make sense of my story. . Don't just believe me. I could be wrong. I just felt I had no other way of getting you to confirm my suspicions. Part of the problem is that we get a target and are all happy to just go with it...

I think ANGUS and EWAN have been hostile to me and spent more time throwing back mud at me then actually trying to work it out. I feel like I am trying to be clear in why I feel how I feel but also feel that Angus and Ewan use "You accused me of x" without actually reading my reasons or responding to them.

I feel that on its own, things like "shoot Doris" or "ISLA shoot x" could be brushed off. But everything together just feels wrong...

Villagers, do your homework. If I die don't read Ewan or Angus post, read through mine and then ask your own questions and let them explain it. If you don't agree with me then I am a very misguided villager who saw something that wasn't there .

Oh

I actually do think Doris is good! That's the thing that's getting me here - even if she is putting me under attack. She is coming across as doing everything for the village. I really don't think she should be lynched tonight!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Angus WW wrote: »

Lynch, munch it's all the same for some people isnt it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

But you can just click on the little blue arrow and it brings you straight to the post!

Everyday's a schoolday! How did I never spot this before :confused:

I honestly never knew that. :o

orla only. that was sarcasm re doris.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

This is how to post links. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103947178&postcount=4177
    You can get to that page by clicking the post number at top right of post, then copy that link.

I understand that multiquotes can be manipulated, but who would do that. They'd be caught for sure when the originator quotes what he really said.
    Its better to use multi quotes as it is easier to read in flow.
    and if somebody trys to do what you suggest, great, because they will be caught. Thats the sort of stuff I'd love to find.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Lynch, munch it's all the same for some people isnt it?

is that directed at me, agnes or dorris?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    This game is moving far too quickly to keep up with!

Aware I'm low posting but there is already a lot happening so not sure I could add just yet to the good work already being done. Will pipe up when I spot something though.
    Ok my wording was bad. I dont mean exclude everyone but Katie, but that Katie seems to have her head screwed on right and has lead to a successful kill today.

Fair enough Barbs is a confirmed (more or less if im right) good role. Not arguing with that. I probs need to review todays posts again to weigh in properly on who i am advocating.

Im right about Nigel not being as helpful as he wants to appear though.
    Ok that is fair enough. I suppose from this point of view her actions could have been wolfie as much as they were villagery.

I will redact any implicit trust and try harder to actually watch and report back trends (that being said i will say again i think Nigel is the one worth watching or racing against someone else (me if needs be).
    Doris WW wrote: »
    I might be wrong about you Ewan, but I feel there is enough there to be suspicious about you. You should of engaged with me more instead of taking pop shots when I was attacking Nigel . . Even if you are team village, taking everything thatI have said into account, this doesn't look great for you .

Oh and either you or Angus accused me of saying somebody was Diablo. I am fairly sure I never said that and you didn't even bother quoting a link or quote from me. Another mud slinging tactic..

And guys, before you choose to Lynch anybody on my list. Please try and make sense of my story. . Don't just believe me. I could be wrong. I just felt I had no other way of getting you to confirm my suspicions. Part of the problem is that we get a target and are all happy to just go with it...

I think ANGUS and EWAN have been hostile to me and spent more time throwing back mud at me then actually trying to work it out. I feel like I am trying to be clear in why I feel how I feel but also feel that Angus and Ewan use "You accused me of x" without actually reading my reasons or responding to them.

I feel that on its own, things like "shoot Doris" or "ISLA shoot x" could be brushed off. But everything together just feels wrong...

Villagers, do your homework. If I die don't read Ewan or Angus post, read through mine and then ask your own questions and let them explain it. If you don't agree with me then I am a very misguided villager who saw something that wasn't there .

Oh

My last post before I hit the pub - I am good.
    I didn't say anything like "shoot Doris" or "Isla shoot x", etc. I feel I have engaged with you, and have quoted posts back at you to show why I thought you were adding confusion. However, you have failed to respond to these, and I don't know why.
    I have put my hands up and agreed with you that I accused (or attacked as you like to call it) you of causing confusion on the thread. I have shown, by quoting your posts how you were causing confusion engaging with Isla's claims of Iron Man. You link to a post of mine above - this is a copy and paste from post 4163 above by Henry:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doris WW View Post

Incidentally, more evidence of Ewan at least talking with ISLA as if he knows she can "shoot".
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...56683&page=211

That's not how it reads to me. He doesn't indicate that he know she can shoot - quite the opposite.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ewan
    She was shot! But protected by Katana. But that protection is gone now and can be shot again! Iron Man do it. Otherwise we waste a day of nothingness just waiting to lynch her.

I have copied this because your link doesn't bring me to this quote.
    But I am asking Iron Man here to kill Isla because she was CONFIRMED as El Diablo by Katie, who at this time was CONFIRMED by the mods as seer.
    You were engaging with Isla and entertaining her claims of Iron Man, which was causing confusion among the village - it really was like you hadn't read the thread! And I really could not figure out what you were at! It was like you were a team mate of Isla's, giving her more airtime on the thread.

Look, I feel we are back going round in circles, and you aren't reading my responses, and just rehashing your original point, so at the time, I am out because there is a gin and tonic calling my name.
    If I am lynched tonight, so be it (I won't be here to defend myself before it), but I'd just like to say you are wrong, and I am a villager.

Oh

Check your notes.

BTW it wasnt me

Check your notes.

BTW it wasnt me

I also have no recollection of this. Doris, you are doing exactly what you accused us of doing. El Diablo was Isla, and this was out very early on.

• Advertisement

Oh

What everything else ?

I've been trying all day to tell you you links are fecking sh1t and you still persisted with them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Everyday's a schoolday! How did I never spot this before :confused:

I honestly never knew that. :o

"Testing editing of quote" Mary 2017

If a post is edited would that little arrow still come up? I'll test it now.

I like the links but I like the quotes. Up until now I didn't realise you could click the arrow. Since you can do that it seems easier than posting links.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh8ttLDjGtTScw9Z7YPkIIqMTs9D-MVNxE4OC9hcvfJ93DFQ6g

Well at least if this day was good for something, I taught people what that blue arrow is for!

orla only. that was sarcasm re doris.

and gabriel ???

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

You (Doris) were engaging with Isla and entertaining her claims of Iron Man, which was causing confusion among the village - it really was like you hadn't read the thread! And I really could not figure out what you were at! It was like you were a team mate of Isla's, giving her more airtime on the thread.

I don't have the time right now to look back at this but I'd like to see direct evidence of the above. Hopefully I'll have time later to check.

I don't have the time right now to look back at this but I'd like to see direct evidence of the above. Hopefully I'll have time later to check.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103944027&postcount=3964

There is my previous posts re: confusion.

and gabriel ???

and gabriel. he is my sk nomination

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Just checking in after work, what exactly does dorris get to gain from this move as a baddie? Granted i need to catch up on todays posts.

Just had a quick look at the slaughters and it looks like we have done well with only a baddie death and no team good deaths. Nigels interactions early on could be a good lead on the remaining Marvel villain team members and i think the tegan vs isla lynch race should be our best evidence for the suicide squads members.

Do we know what happened with the 2 failed kills? I am assuming katie was protected from one them. Could deadpool or thor have been targeted?

I still have to read up on today's events and i want to go back over nigels early interactions which is a job considering the post count he had.

Advertisement