Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

A Thor reveal this early is silly imo unless they're in danger of lynching. Only character I can possibly see that MAYBE should reveal themselves is Jessica Jones as if she dies, we take out an SK.

I want to stress that it shouldn't happen now at all. Any character coming out this early can be put under mind control by Kilgrave or whatever they're called so that is a big no no right now.

Snap!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

A Thor reveal this early is silly imo unless they're in danger of lynching. Only character I can possibly see that MAYBE should reveal themselves is Jessica Jones as if she dies, we take out an SK.

I want to stress that it shouldn't happen now at all. Any character coming out this early can be put under mind control by Kilgrave or whatever they're called so that is a big no no right now.

I never copped that.... Hmmm, your right. A role reveal may not be trusted as we might have two Jessicas.

However, a real Jessica would kill Kilgrave yes, a fake kilgrave slave would be useless to us too as they are against us in theory if under his control.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Any thoughts Mr Gallagher?

Yeah, there're coming to me little by little but I'm not for the idea of revealing Thor, its way too early.

For now, I'm still analyzing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Ooooh I wonder could Jessica be mind controlled by Kilgrave? Loophole!

And yes Gertie I didn't even think of that but that is the best reason for Thor (or anyone else for that matter) not coming out. Stay in the closet Thor!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Fiona, your logical in the latest post actually does make some sort of sense. However, I still think it is way too early in the game to out Thor.

However, there may be a foolproof way of killing a wolf.

Does Jessica know she is Jessica yet? Or does she find out only when Luke finds her?
    If she does, and outs herself for the lynch, the village can sacrifice her to kill Kilgrave?

Er, no, let's not do that.

Jessica knows she's Jessica as far as I know (only one who doesn't know their role is the Joker). But she is useful as if Luke finds her, then we've two goodies able to communicate, and that's useful to have. If we just lynch her, we take a possible ally / team-mate / strategiser away from Luke.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Only way to deal with Jessica coming out if and when she does is by vigilante. Then if there's a further claim we can lynch them. Jessica dies, we bag an SK. Sorry Jess eventually you need to take one for team village here

Isla WW wrote: »
    Ooooh I wonder could Jessica be mind controlled by Kilgrave? Loophole!

And yes Gertie I didn't even think of that but that is the best reason for Thor (or anyone else for that matter) not coming out. Stay in the closet Thor!

Its possible, 1 in 28 chance I think

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Er, no, let's not do that.

Jessica knows she's Jessica as far as I know (only one who doesn't know their role is the Joker). But she is useful as if Luke finds her, then we've two goodies able to communicate, and that's useful to have. If we just lynch her, we take a possible ally / team-mate / strategiser away from Luke.

I'm not saying lynch Jessica now. Just it is a possible way of killing Kilgrave. Kilgrave could have someone under his control already too.
    The reason I asked if Jessica knows is she is not called out as a role in the opening post. So is a villager?

Only way to deal with Jessica coming out if and when she does is by vigilante. Then if there's a further claim we can lynch them. Jessica dies, we bag an SK. Sorry Jess eventually you need to take one for team village here

I like that logic....

The Vig doesnt have to role reveal too right? So they are safe with their bullets

Nigel WW wrote:
    The Vig doesnt have to role reveal too right? So they are safe with their bullets

No Vig stays quiet at least until they've used all 3 bullets for sure.

• Advertisement

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I'm not saying lynch Jessica now. Just it is a possible way of killing Kilgrave. Kilgrave could have someone under his control already too.
    The reason I asked if Jessica knows is she is not called out as a role in the opening post. So is a villager?

Jessica is a villager.

I say she comes out. The sacrifice is worth it IMO

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Kilgrave could control anyone and get them to say they are Jessica. That said her best play for the team is to come out now and be killed as If Kilgrave is around no strong roles can come out. Mystique must be able to shift into someone as well but only when shes targeted. The new dynamic for shifters is cool as one would be simply killed and the Mystique player gets to log in in their stead.

No I meant if she comes out. Kilgrave will know exactly who to go for and then we lose our chance to get rid of him by sacrificing Jessica. Which defeats the purpose of her coming out in the first place.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

That is a big assumption to make. Do you know something we don't? The mods haven't said anywhere that I could see that the evil teams can or can't communicate. I wouldn't peg a theory on that that could potentially lose us a rolled villager.

Do you NOT think that Thor is an important villager? He is a rolled villager with the potential to save this village if it gets down to the wire at the end.

Not really sure how this would be clear?
    Yeah, well any villager is important, and a roled villager is a little more important but I don't think Thor is the most important villager of all by any means. I meant that if there was a missed kill and then Thor died the next night, then we'd know that the first missed kill was on Thor and not on Mystique. As I'm writing this though I'm realising that there are many reasons that there could be a missed kill including baddies targeting the same person so that logic was flawed and I withdraw it.
    Lynches happen in the day, which is why I think Thor won't be immune from them.

Deadpool's bio says "any manner" so would include lynches or munches.

My 2c anyway.
    Ok thanks, that makes sense. So we are potentially at risk of killing off Thor before his power can even be activated.
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Just on thor

If the hits need to be in a row. And the bodyguard can protect him. Isnt it possible to basically make thor immortal?

Not sure how to use this yet but something to note. ..
    Yeah, I thought about this earlier but I imagine it's unintentional by the mods and they'd likely step in in that case. Otherwise we could have someone like the seer or priest or whatever become immortal. It feels gamebreaky.

I completely forgot that the mind control thing could be used on Thor. That's why it was a good idea asking the group, I missed that variable. I'm not clear on how the mind control power works, "At any point in the game he can choose any player to mind control" - so does that mean he can change the player he's controlling whenever he wants? Also, potentially that means someone could be being controlled right now.

I didn't think about Jessica coming out, but that's an interesting observation, I missed the part about how she's connected to Kilgrave. So Jessica dying is also a good thing for the village - not only removes a SK but also the possibility of mind control. Obviously though we need to keep Jessica alive for as long as possible so Luke can find her and they can communicate. Taking out a SK at this early stage doesn't actually reduce the kill rate at all so it's way too early for that move.

Isla WW wrote:
    No I meant if she comes out. Kilgrave will know exactly who to go for and then we lose our chance to get rid of him by sacrificing Jessica. Which defeats the purpose of her coming out in the first place.

Not really as we will know who she is too. Bang. Vig bullet and bye bye Kilgrave. Then we can focus on lynching a baddie

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I thought that too, at first. But the OP says needs to be targeted over two nights, not two hits.

Presume this also means that one lynch will get him :(

Thats the way I see it as well. 1 lynch and he's a gonner.

Baddies try to kill him one night, then they have to come back a second night.

If she comes out, Kilgrave cant kill her. When she dies, he dies.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Just on thor

If the hits need to be in a row. And the bodyguard can protect him. Isnt it possible to basically make thor immortal?

Not sure how to use this yet but something to note. ..
    Does the 2 in a row clause reset after the second failed hit, or is a third attempted hit in a eow consideted a second? Eother way I dont think Thor can be immortal, though I might be missing something. If the bg is involved then you could have a scenario like this:

Day 1 - Thor hit - failed kill
    Day 2 - Thor hit - protected by Captain America - failed kill
    Day 3 - Thor hit - protected by Captain America, who then dies instead.
    Day 4 - Thor hit - is this assumed day 1as Thor was protected yesterday, or is it Day 2 as the hit went on CA instead? If Day 1, then....
    Day 5 - Thor hit. No bg. Thor dies.

So 5 days is a long time but he wouldn't be immortal. Either way, revealing himself is far too risky. I appreciate Fiona has put thought into it but the underlying assumption that the baddie teams can't communicate with each other hasn't been proven....If they can then Thor opens themselves up to a co-ordonated target.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Jessica is a villager.

I say she comes out. The sacrifice is worth it IMO

I was going to argue against this as surely Kilgrave would just get his slave to counter claim and we'd lose 2 to guarantee 1 BUT if Kilgrave has chosen a baddie...well that could be interesting.

I'm not sure yet.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Does the 2 in a row clause reset after the second failed hit, or is a third attempted hit in a eow consideted a second? Eother way I dont think Thor can be immortal, though I might be missing something. If the bg is involved then you could have a scenario like this:

Day 4 - Thor hit - is this assumed day 1as Thor was protected yesterday, or is it Day 2 as the hit went on CA instead? If Day 1, then....

So 5 days is a long time but he wouldn't be immortal. Either way, revealing himself is far too risky. I appreciate Fiona has put thought into it but the underlying assumption that the baddie teams can't communicate with each other hasn't been proven....If they can then Thor opens themselves up to a co-ordonated target.

Thats cool, but wishful thinking. Im looking at it like Thor has 2 lives. 2 hits and hes gone. Dont reveal Thor.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Kilgrave could control anyone and get them to say they are Jessica. That said her best play for the team is to come out now and be killed as If Kilgrave is around no strong roles can come out. Mystique must be able to shift into someone as well but only when shes targeted. The new dynamic for shifters is cool as one would be simply killed and the Mystique player gets to log in in their stead.

Is that confirmed somewhere or just your reading of it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Seems bit of a rush to reveal Thor.

I'm not convinced by this. Too early in game.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Seems bit of a rush to reveal Thor.

I'm not convinced by this. Too early in game.

I keep reading your posts in an Ian Paisley voice

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Oh fantastic, guess what I'll be doing for the rest of the game?

Is that confirmed somewhere or just your reading of it?

Well it's written in the op.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Oh fantastic, guess what I'll be doing for the rest of the game?

Will you please start posting in broken english Big Phil Scolari?

If she comes out, Kilgrave cant kill her. When she dies, he dies.

But if Jessica stays hidden Luke could still potentially find her - then we have a good team working together to get the wolves out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »

Your logic is a little off, and this only works for thor. Its based on captain protecting every second night.

If captain successfully protects twice he dies though so i think it doesn't work in practice so back to the drawing board

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

ULSTER SAYS NO TO THOR

180?cb=20070304222433

• Advertisement

But if Jessica stays hidden Luke could still potentially find her - then we have a good team working together to get the wolves out.

Kilgraves power is the most dangerous in the game. If I was Jessica I'd come out and ask obvious Tony to shoot me.

Advertisement