Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    What bothers me is that the Joke is not listed in the roles although doesn't mean that a player wasn't assigned the Joker from the start. While I'm reluctant to think that it would have been given to a PV, it is possible that wolf team got to pick an NRV.

No I don't think they got to pick amongst the nrv's. That means they would be told who all the roled villagers would be.

I'd say the joker is pre determined

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Harley Quinn - The infectious wolf. When Harley Quinn dies, the Joker who has been masquerading as a villager will join the Suicide Squad to avenge his love.

Ok heros, my interpretation is that the Joker has been assigned pre-game (Joker who has been masquerading as a villager) so I'm going with the notion that a nrv has been turned. Joker being a rolled villager doesn't make sense to me.

I'm open to more discussion but we have to come to conclusion and move forward.

Villager can be interpreted 2 ways...NRV...or village team. Perhaps when Joker comes into play, the selected roled villager loses their powers to join SS? That would make more sense as to the balance. And if they lose their powers, we can catch them (more) easily, they're not that OP. Is this a possible thought?

I would believe they're pre-assigned - the OP seems to suggest that. But there are two possible interpretations.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Villager can be interpreted 2 ways...NRV...or village team. Perhaps when Joker comes into play, the selected roled villager loses their powers to join SS? That would make more sense as to the balance. And if they lose their powers, we can catch them (more) easily, they're not that OP. Is this a possible thought?

I would believe they're pre-assigned - the OP seems to suggest that. But there are two possible interpretations.

i just cant see that being possible from a balaving pov. what if iron man had 3 bullets and gets converted. big swing in favor of baddies

Conor WW wrote: »
    No I don't think they got to pick amongst the nrv's. That means they would be told who all the roled villagers would be.

I'd say the joker is pre determined

Yeah, was wondering about this earlier. But now it makes no sense if they can tell the distinction between RV and NRVs. So it's either they get to pick among everyone, or they don't get to pick at all. And from what I read it sounds like they don't get to pick.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I'm trying to get a short list together of players left/good roles/bad roles but there is a discrepancy of 1.

On op list, was hulk in roles and also on the 8 villagers? I can't remember.

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    I'm trying to get a short list together of players left/good roles/bad roles but there is a discrepancy of 1.

doris will sort it out

this really is the calm before the storm.

Nvm. I was forgetting to remove joker from villagers left.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    i just cant see that being possible from a balaving pov. what if iron man had 3 bullets and gets converted. big swing in favor of baddies

It's about strategy, I guess? You could lose Harley early on (i.e., before Iron Man shoots) if you think you have an eye on a roled villager, but converting Iron Man means that a) IM can't prove themselves, b) Seer can peek them as bad, c) they're as good as an bad role posing as an NRV. So all they get are 3 less bullets (which could hit either goodies or baddies, it's a risk) in exchange for losing Harley early on and have all her interactions exposed and analysed.

But all this doesn't really matter if we can't say for sure who it is. I'm assuming Joker is pre-assigned according to the OP. If Joker has just risen, no matter who they are, roled/unroled, they have to either prove themselves to still be who they are today, or prove why they're still an NRV and not a bad guy. Just like any other day.

Moving the joker over to the dark side leaves us here.

3 confirmed good roles
    6 baddies
    6 goodies

Don't think all 3 of the good roles will make it past ten so if you two want me to declare who Fiona was, let me know

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Can we come to the conclusion the joker is assigned pre-game, that's how I'm reading the OP?

too me, it's more likely to have been a nrv, too assign it to a rolled player, even if it removes their rolled powers, seems to much of a power sway. I think the mods would not have designed the game like that.

If we think it is any villager, then we are back to square one, nobody has any power to prove anything, bar maybe cap, but he cannot be revealed.

I'm dismissing the idea that the wolves pick a player, that means they would have been hold who all the villagers are, which is crazy.

To interpret the OP word for word, unfortunately I'm inclined to believe that any villager could have been the joker. I don't think that is balanced but that's the way it reads for me. It would have made more sense for the baddies to get Harley killed earlier. Good thing they didn't. The upside of this is the joker is probably already dead.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Don't think all 3 of the good roles will make it past ten so if you two want me to declare who Fiona was, let me know

As only you know who/what Fiona was, then I think you need to make the call in the best interests of the village. Although I'm almost sure I know who Fiona was.
    Can we come to the conclusion the joker is assigned pre-game, that's how I'm reading the OP?
    If it was preassigned then it's an NRV. It's unlikely that a single player would have been given two roles. I hope.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

The upside of this is the joker is probably already dead.

Would Jake have been told? Maybe. Maybe not as the role wasn't active.

My head hurts.

My head hurts.

there there henry

To interpret the OP word for word, unfortunately I'm inclined to believe that any villager could have been the joker. I don't think that is balanced but that's the way it reads for me. It would have made more sense for the baddies to get Harley killed earlier. Good thing they didn't. The upside of this is the joker is probably already dead.

I agree it read like that, but I'm putting myself in the mods shoe, would they design the game like that.

Lets just assume then its from any villager, it leaves us now in the situation like this;

1 bad from Liam, connor, Katie, or Jake.

5 bad from the other 10.

therefore, 25% chance a confirmed player is bad, 50% chance a non-confirmed is bad.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

doris will sort it out

I will if I survive the munch!

I spent 4 hours trolling through over 150 pages of this forum to see if there was anything to my claims on Ewan and Angus. I feel there was enough for suspicion and some questioning.

Not one person mentioned it. My whole point of riling the village to lynch or peak me was for this very reason. Your all were not listening to me about Nigel.

Neither Ewan or Angus has engaged or begun any sort of defence of claryfying my comments. A little odd that both of them haven't been online once or even peeked in. Especially given how actively they defended themselves yesterday..

Their explanation could be that they were not around. Both of them? Ok, so in the last 4 days, which one of them posted near or before munch time? If it's a normal thing for them both then we can take it that they are acting as they always have, if either or both active before 10am more then once, I think it's a bit sus. I'm one of the few confirmed good villagers who has given a quite comprehensive narrative of my interactions with them. Some of their actions are suspicious and they haven't even tried to address any of it.

Considering none of you even acknowledged what I posted , they might be sitting low hoping I get munched and my post is forgotten in the chaos...

If I die at 10, I think its worth checking out Wendy, Orla and Derry.

Wendy because she was next in line using the same logic that caught Gabriel.

Orla because Gabriel explicitly told us to check her out. Strange move but I've been wary of her in general.

Derry because he's a prick and has been rubbing me up the wrong way the whole game ;)

Also Vernon is likely candidate for SK, but will be dead soon anyway.

I predict Deadpool will die due to being hit twice by the wolves. Captain will die due to Katie being hit twice. A baddie will die due to hitting Katie twice whilst under Cap protection. Or Thor might die due to being hit twice. And lastly, Deadpool will take out a randomer.

At most, 4 deaths; 2 baddies,1 goodie and 1 unknown.

Henry. I figured out why I had you on my radar.

You had me on one of your first lists because I posted "fluff" when I challenged you I think I felt you dissapeared for a long time after being very active.

My head hurts.

Hmmmm. I think this does require mod clarification. Is a priest like a coroner? Where he inspects a dead body? Then he definitely would know if it was the joker too. Or is the priest told by a divine god (mod)? In both cases he should be told if the joker had died imo.

• Advertisement

As only you know who/what Fiona was, then I think you need to make the call in the best interests of the village. Although I'm almost sure I know who Fiona was.

If it was preassigned then it's an NRV. It's unlikely that a single player would have been given two roles. I hope.

I think I know what I should do :)

Not many posting this morning, are they in the backrooms? ;)

I have 6 pages of notes from last night so still trying to see if I can find a silver bullet. In the meantime refer to my posts this morning for clues.

Isla was targeted strongly by another wolf who led the charge against her..

MARY went for two wolves onetime. I feel if they weren't on same team , it adds weight to her potential innocence. Post 2518 - Attacking Nigel and Isla. Although in post 2279 she was sharing a joke with two wolves - Gabriel and Noel. Twas a funny joke so I won't hold that against her

Doris WW wrote: »
    I have 6 pages of notes from last night so still trying to see if I can find a silver bullet. In the meantime refer to my posts this morning for clues.

Isla was targeted strongly by another wolf who led the charge against her..

MARY went for two wolves onetime. I feel if they weren't on same team , it adds weight to her potential innocence. Post 2518 - Attacking Nigel and Isla. Although in post 2279 she was sharing a joke with two wolves - Gabriel and Noel. Twas a funny joke so I won't hold that against her

are these hand written notes? if so can you post a pic of them?

For what it's worth Gertrude comprehensively cleared vernon post 2285

Orla's very first post was attacked (in jest I think) by Barbara saying she had been peaked by the seer and we knew she was evil. I posted sort of laughing that she could be deadool and nobody confirmed or unconfirmed it.

What was funny about that was that if Orla was deadool she had no team members to confirm it was a joke. There were already loads of pages on the thread so it could take Orla ages to confirm this.

I think she dissapeared for awhile after one post. Then later she gave a believable but unverified reason for being so late to the game that may or may not be true. Somebody that was stepping in for another hero?!

Not incriminating on its own, but worth remembering. A joker role maybe? I don't know.

I'm just trying to type as much from my hard work last night before the munch.

are these hand written notes? if so can you post a pic of them?

They are. 6 pages. My writing isn't great and I was tired. Quickly , how do I post pics from my phone here?

Conor, did you not feel like you were being targeted by Ewan? He went after you really hard!

It's all very quiet in here. Gonna be a long ten minutes.

Should we put forward ffa now before the munch

• Advertisement

Should we put forward ffa now before the munch

you 1st

Advertisement