Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

CATHOLIC WOLVES ON OUR GOID PROTESTANT VILLAGE? WE SAY NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Its possible, 1 in 28 chance I think
    1 in 27 chance, Kilgrave knows who they are. ;)
    Jessica is a villager.

I say she comes out. The sacrifice is worth it IMO
    Jessica coming out now helps the village in no way. It actually puts us at a disadvantage because the vig would probably shoot her and then we lose the possibility of Luke finding her.
    Isla WW wrote: »
    No I meant if she comes out. Kilgrave will know exactly who to go for and then we lose our chance to get rid of him by sacrificing Jessica. Which defeats the purpose of her coming out in the first place.
    If she comes out, Kilgrave cant kill her. When she dies, he dies.
    If someone comes out as Jessica and gets controlled, not sure why you would then think that we lose our chance of getting rid of Kilgrave? Not following this logic. Kilgrave can't kill her but other baddies and townies can.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Does the 2 in a row clause reset after the second failed hit, or is a third attempted hit in a eow consideted a second? Eother way I dont think Thor can be immortal, though I might be missing something. If the bg is involved then you could have a scenario like this:

Day 1 - Thor hit - failed kill
    Day 2 - Thor hit - protected by Captain America - failed kill
    Day 3 - Thor hit - protected by Captain America, who then dies instead.
    Day 4 - Thor hit - is this assumed day 1as Thor was protected yesterday, or is it Day 2 as the hit went on CA instead? If Day 1, then....
    Day 5 - Thor hit. No bg. Thor dies.

So 5 days is a long time but he wouldn't be immortal. Either way, revealing himself is far too risky. I appreciate Fiona has put thought into it but the underlying assumption that the baddie teams can't communicate with each other hasn't been proven....If they can then Thor opens themselves up to a co-ordonated target.
    The OP is very clear that it has to be 2 hits in a row. Yes, it's an assumption that they can't communicate but that would be so important that I think the mods would have had to include that in the OP as if they can communicate and we don't know that, it puts us at a massive disadvantage. But good point that Captain America dies after a second successful protect, that stops the possibility of immortal players. I was wondering about that!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

But if Jessica stays hidden Luke could still potentially find her - then we have a good team working together to get the wolves out.

Thats true, but I think its worth the risk.

both Luke and Jessica being together doesnt spell wolf doom, 1 for sure SK kill will be worth it.

But I may be wrong, but I say Jessica should reveal but Ill go with the group.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole with Kilgrave's power. Can the mod's clarify if Kilgrave's power can shift between players or if it's just one player they can control?

I feel like it has to be the latter or surely the 1st player to be controlled would just be like "Hey, guess who mind controlled me?" but maybe the mods have already thought of this.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Oh fantastic, guess what I'll be doing for the rest of the game?

Phil Coulter?

• Advertisement

Thats true, but I think its worth the risk.

both Luke and Jessica being together doesnt spell wolf doom, 1 for sure SK kill will be worth it.

But I may be wrong, but I say Jessica should reveal but Ill go with the group.
    I need to go back to superheroing now but Jessica being sacrificed doesn't reduce the kill rate, it just gets rid of the mind control possibility. I think keeping her alive and getting comms between her and Luke is more worth it.

See you later village!

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Jessica coming out now helps the village in no way. It actually puts us at a disadvantage because the vig would probably shoot her and then we lose the possibility of Luke finding her.

There is an obvious danger that if Kilgrave controls Luke or JJ (although I assumed she'd be immune to Kilgrave's power for some reason) then this duo of goodies isn't so good. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole with Kilgrave's power. Can the mod's clarify if Kilgrave's power can shift between players or if it's just one player they can control?

I feel like it has to be the latter or surely the 1st player to be controlled would just be like "Hey, guess who mind controlled me?" but maybe the mods have already thought of this.

I don't believe you have thought that through. It will be Kilgrave that will have controlled them which wouldn't help much.

I would also like to know if it can shift.
    Your logic is flawed on the second point though, couldn't it just be an anon account in the backroom called Kilgrave? That way the player just knows they're controlled but not by which other player.

My understanding of the Thor kill is he needs to be targeted 2 nights in a row not 2 in total.

I'm still think he should stay hidden though.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

One "advantage" the village has this time round is all players have been assigned an identity.

If mr wolf is up for lynching then mr wolf will not be able to use the defence "I'm just a humble non rolled villager". You'd have to say something like "you are all making a mistake because i am XXXXX" , of course if lying the real XXXXX will know.

I say advantage becasue we can use it to our beneifit but we'll have to come up with ways to make good use of this.

Then again this is going to lead to lots of false declarations also, and how does one prove one's identify?

What if a minded controlled player is defending against a jessica kill?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Yeah I'm really not understanding how Kilgraves power works at all. Does he take over the players account or something? Coz if I got mindcontrolled I'd be on the thread like a bullet asking to be killed. (this is NOT me saying I'm under kilgraves control FWIW!!!)

There is an obvious danger that if Kilgrave controls Luke or JJ (although I assumed she'd be immune to Kilgrave's power for some reason) then this duo of goodies isn't so good. :(
    Ugh, final post I swear! I wonder if the mind control part extends to the backroom? If it does then that's interesting. Otherwise, baddies and anyone else sharing a room can just tell their partners that they're mind controlled on thread. And if it does extend to the backroom (and I don't see how it would realistically do that), how would Kilgrave even know if they were complying? So if Jessica and Luke are in a room, and Luke gets mind controlled for example, can they talk away as normal in the backroom (i.e. Luke can tell Jessica he's mind controlled?)

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I don't believe you have thought that through. It will be Kilgrave that will have controlled them which wouldn't help much.

Ok. I did not think that through. So then we defo need to know if Kilgrave's power can shift about.

I do think there is a danger in overestimating the value of Luke Cage and JJ in a backroom together. I'm not advocating that she comes out, I'm just saying that this mightn't be the best reason for her not to come out if that makes sense? How's that for broken English Nigel? :pac:

Yeah I'm really not understanding how Kilgraves power works at all. Does he take over the players account or something? Coz if I got mindcontrolled I'd be on the thread like a bullet asking to be killed. (this is NOT me saying I'm under kilgraves control FWIW!!!)

I'd imagine that would be a rule break.

From the OP "They will share a room and Kilgrave can dictate lynch votes, kill votes, and posts to this player. The selected player must comply." So if you were mind controlled you wouldn't be able to ask for a bullet, unless Kilgrave told you to.

You'd be more useful trying to lynch people than just killing yourself though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Luke and Jessica working as a team will just look as wolkish as a team of wolves working together.

Luke and Jessica will have to come up with a plan independant of trying to swing a lynch. They will have to work out when is the best to be identidifed and when to sacrifice Jessica for the good of the village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

From the OP "They will share a room and Kilgrave can dictate lynch votes, kill votes, and posts to this player. The selected player must comply." So if you were mind controlled you wouldn't be able to ask for a bullet, unless Kilgrave told you to.

Oh! So you can't post anything at all then without Kilgrave's permission? Ugh. That's a lot of effort for whoever's playing Kilgrave! Hopefully that will work to our favour and he'll make an obvious slip up.

• Advertisement

Ugh, final post I swear! I wonder if the mind control part extends to the backroom? If it does then that's interesting. Otherwise, baddies and anyone else sharing a room can just tell their partners that they're mind controlled on thread. And if it does extend to the backroom (and I don't see how it would realistically do that), how would Kilgrave even know if they were complying? So if Jessica and Luke are in a room, and Luke gets mind controlled for example, can they talk away as normal in the backroom (i.e. Luke can tell Jessica he's mind controlled?)

I assumed that it had to extend to backroom based on this part of the OP, the bit in bold in particular.
    "Kilgrave can dictate lynch votes, kill votes, and posts to this player. The selected player must comply."

Liam WW wrote: »
    I'd imagine that would be a rule break.

Isla is very strict on rules to be fair.

I see Fionas logic but I think an SK kill ourweighs Luke and Jessica in a room (K I S S I I N G). Thats my 2 cents

I assumed that it had to extend to backroom based on this part of the OP, the bit in bold in particular.
    "Kilgrave can dictate lynch votes, kill votes, and posts to this player. The selected player must comply."

In the backroom Kilgrave would have to be allowed log in as them. There is soo much potential with this idea it's really interesting how it will evolve.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Nigel WW wrote:
    I see Fionas logic but I think an SK kill ourweighs Luke and Jessica in a room (K I S S I I N G). Thats my 2 cents

Agreed. It may not reduce the killrate but it removes a baddie from play permanently.

Deadpool would be strongly arguing in favour of this let's not forget however

Well I'd agree with you but you'd think that means I'm trying to pocket you.

1 x Luke Cage - Luke will have three guesses to try and find his lover Jessica Jones. If he succeeds she will join him in a backroom so they can do what they do best together...

from OP, Luke only has 3 guesses to find her. Thats too low a chance of success. Jessica comes out, we kill her and 1 in 2 chance of killing an SK

Agreed. It may not reduce the killrate but it removes a baddie from play permanently.

Deadpool would be strongly arguing in favour of this let's not forget however

Deadpool gets all the kills correct then, no competing.

So will Jessie come out to play?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Nigel WW wrote:
    Deadpool gets all the kills correct then, no competing.

Yep. Not suggesting anything, just saying that it would be greatly in Deadpools favour to push this idea.

But for the village it's a no brainer imo. When can the Vig use his bullets? I presume at any time? Or is it only during the night phase? Can someone check the OP as we'd have to time them coming out if the latter

Advertisement