Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Isla is very strict on rules to be fair.
    Touchy touchy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Yep. Not suggesting anything, just saying that it would be greatly in Deadpools favour to push this idea.

But for the village it's a no brainer imo. When can the Vig use his bullets? I presume at any time? Or is it only during the night phase? Can someone check the OP as we'd have to time them coming out if the latter

Iron Man is the vigilante, he has 3 bullets that he may use at night to kill another member of the village

Oops pressed reply too early. I'm glad you suggested checking as I'd have assumed it was at any time. Just shows you can read the OP a lot and still miss stuff.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Touchy touchy

I'm not touchy, I realise you are putting Jessicas longevity in th game ahead of killing Kilgrave. Means you are either Kilgrave or Jessica or Luke and before people start saying that 2 of those are goodies they are basically an nrv, a person who's best ability is to die and the baddest baddie in the game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Yep. Not suggesting anything, just saying that it would be greatly in Deadpools favour to push this idea.

But for the village it's a no brainer imo. When can the Vig use his bullets? I presume at any time? Or is it only during the night phase? Can someone check the OP as we'd have to time them coming out if the latter

Oh I know, its a fair assumption. Trust no one

I think its 3 bullets any time once its at night
    1 x Vigilante -Iron Man is the vigilante, he has 3 bullets that he may use at night to kill another member of the village. He can use any number of bullets on any night, but if he dies, then his bullets die with him.

So he can only use it after a lynch. Jess comes out, we lynch her, if another jess comes out we shoot them

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

For what its worth, I think Jessica should come out but Thor should not as I don't see the advantage of it.

You want someone to check for you, yes the vig only works at night and as many at a time as he has bulletts. Isla has made it quite clear that it's important that Jessica and by default Kilgrave stay in the game so read into that what you may.

Holly WW wrote: »
    For what its worth, I think Jessica should come out but Thor should not as I don't see the advantage of it.

Are you Finished with ideas or have you any more ?

Are you Finished with ideas or have you any more ?

I'm sorry, what do you mean?

I'm not touchy, I realise you are putting Jessicas longevity in th game ahead of killing Kilgrave. Means you are either Kilgrave or Jessica or Luke and before people start saying that 2 of those are goodies they are basically an nrv, a person who's best ability is to die and the baddest baddie in the game.

Look at you jumping to conclusions again! Just because I'm debating the validity of a villager sacrificing herself does not mean that I am one of the parties being discussed.

I'm not just gonna push someone into a potentially game ending (for Jessica) decision because a few people say so! I'd rather it be fully considered and debated first.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Nigel WW wrote:
    So he can only use it after a lynch. Jess comes out, we lynch her, if another jess comes out we shoot them

Yep. This is good discussion. Looking forward to reading back on the views on this when I get home properly. Those against may or may not be suss. I'll examine when I get home.

Equally those in favour and pushing the idea the most could be Deadpool or another baddie trying to get a rival out of the game.

One final comment before I head back to the grind for the afternoon.
    I'll be voting Conor tonight currently as they popped up with a drive by accusation against 3 people and then disappeared under the parapets again.

I don't mind being accused. I welcome it as no one should be trusting anyone at this early stage. However saying someone looks dodgy and not providing reasons before vanishing is wolfish behaviour.
    I haven't cast my vote but I await Conors response.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Oh I know, its a fair assumption. Trust no one

I think its 3 bullets any time once its at night

Why would another Jess come out, that's kamikaze, or do you mean kilgrave will have mind controlled them?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Abigail WW wrote:
    You want someone to check for you, yes the vig only works at night and as many at a time as he has bulletts. Isla has made it quite clear that it's important that Jessica and by default Kilgrave stay in the game so read into that what you may.

I was supposed to be leaving but let me clarify. I'm on the phone at work and haven't got a whole pile of time. So asking someone else who may be able to flick back easier than me was a better idea before we ask Jessica to reveal herself.

Ok, I'm out till 4.30.

Isla WW wrote: »
    Look at you jumping to conclusions again! Just because I'm debating the validity of a villager sacrificing herself does not mean that I am one of the parties being discussed.

I'm not just gonna push someone into a potentially game ending (for Jessica) decision because a few people say so! I'd rather it be fully considered and debated first.

Sure thats what we are doing now.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Sure thats what we are doing now.

I know that. Abi's getting her knickers in a twist coz no one liked her FFA idea.

Liam WW wrote: »
    Why would another Jess come out, that's kamikaze, or do you mean kilgrave will have mind controlled them?

The fake jess may appear first, after that the real jess may appear later to counter claim.

if we kill the wrong Jess, then the real jess will live and can be killed to kill of Kilgrave

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

1 x Luke Cage - Luke will have three guesses to try and find his lover Jessica Jones. If he succeeds she will join him in a backroom so they can do what they do best together...

OK so the only advantage of Jessica Jones staying alive is the vague hope that Luke might identify her over 3 nights, and they may get to share a back room together. Neither of them have any special power outside of that to benefit the village.
    The more Iconsider it, the more I am in favour of jessica Jones coming out - it limits future kills by Kilgrave, which can only be positive.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    OK so the only advantage of Jessica Jones staying alive is the vague hope that Luke might identify her over 3 nights, and they may get to share a back room together. Neither of them have any special power outside of that to benefit the village.
    The more Iconsider it, the more I am in favour of jessica Jones coming out - it limits future kills by Kilgrave, which can only be positive.

I hadn't actually considered that Luke only has 3 gos to find her. That does put a twist on things and is giving me second thoughts. I'll have to have a think about it durng the afternoon. I'm back to the slagheap. Will catch up on the thread this evening.

We also need to hope that Luke isn't killed in the first 3 days (before finding Jessica). There is a lot of things that can go against us as a village by waiting and hoping Luke identifies Jessica. In the meantime, Kilgrave can still be out there killing off our village.
    It makes more sense for Jessica to come out and take one for the team - just so we eliminate Kilgrave.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Fell asleep and missed all the fun, think I've had had enough sleep recently. I actually get fiona's reasoning for the thor reveal but dont think he should reveal himself, at all.

If jessica revealed, why on earth would iron man need to shoot her? Night 1 lynch when there are very few better targets, no? Your guaranteed a bad kill in night 1 lynch. Id be suss of the people pushing for the shot but speed read so will go back in a sec.

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    Fell asleep and missed all the fun, think I've had had enough sleep recently. I actually get fiona's reasoning for the thor reveal but dont think he should reveal himself, at all.

If jessica revealed, why on earth would iron man need to shoot her? Night 1 lynch when there are very few better targets, no? Your guaranteed a bad kill in night 1 lynch. Id be suss of the people pushing for the shot but speed read so will go back in a sec.

I've been speed reading on lunch. I think the worry is Kilgrave may have someone under mind control already, and can tell them to come out as Jessica Jones on thread. Village then lynches the claimed Jessica Jones, and Kilgrave will survive as a result. However, if we have 2 claims for Jessica, then the vigilante can kill the second one if Kilgrave survives.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

If we agree on Jessica coming out (and personally, I'm not in favour of that), we don't have to wait for night for Iron Man to take her out. We have a second vigilante in Batman with one kill: "Once during the game he can execute any player of his choosing". Seems to read that it can happen day or night.

Regarding the mind control thing, if Kilgrave can mind control any player at any point in the game, I read that as he can hop from one player to another at will. So somebody might only be mind controlled for an hour until Kilgrave gets whatever use out of them that he wants. I'd agree with whoever said that his backroom probably only has him down as his character name, so whoever goes into the room with him won't know which player he is. However, once he's gone on to the next person, surely the person he controlled can announce - "look, ignore everything I said between these times, as I was under control..." They might even be able to see who else was in the room with him prior to them. In short, I think Kilgrave's mind control power has a lot of potential hazard for him, and he'll be very wary of using it, especially this early in the game when there's probably no real benefit to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Steve WW wrote: »
    The sk kills on day 2, correct? The snakey feckers have to compete for the privilege tomorrow to kill the following day i believe. This morning's kill was day 0? Maybe a MOD can clarify?

@mod

will the sk's first kill be tomorrow or wed (ignoring any possible speed event)

May have missed it in the op, does the sk kill at night or in the morning? If night id assume it would be tomorrow night.

The serial killers will compete TOMORROW after lynch to see who wins the kill. They do not get a kill till after that and the result will be revealed Wednesday AM with the day post for munches.

Hope that answers that properly :)

Eva WW wrote: »
    If we agree on Jessica coming out (and personally, I'm not in favour of that), we don't have to wait for night for Iron Man to take her out. We have a second vigilante in Batman with one kill: "Once during the game he can execute any player of his choosing". Seems to read that it can happen day or night.

Regarding the mind control thing, if Kilgrave can mind control any player at any point in the game, I read that as he can hop from one player to another at will. So somebody might only be mind controlled for an hour until Kilgrave gets whatever use out of them that he wants. I'd agree with whoever said that his backroom probably only has him down as his character name, so whoever goes into the room with him won't know which player he is. However, once he's gone on to the next person, surely the person he controlled can announce - "look, ignore everything I said between these times, as I was under control..." They might even be able to see who else was in the room with him prior to them. In short, I think Kilgrave's mind control power has a lot of potential hazard for him, and he'll be very wary of using it, especially this early in the game when there's probably no real benefit to it.

I wouldn't think Kilgrave can hop between players? Sure, that would mean he could hop across all players within the first day and know everyone's roles immediately! That doesn't make any sense!

I used to go out with a Ewan, he was a meanie so you are top of my suspect list now. LOL

MODS, What happens if we kill Kilgrave? Does Deadpool get a kill every night?

Holly WW wrote: »
    I used to go out with a Ewan, he was a meanie so you are top of my suspect list now. LOL

And there was me imagining the lovely Ewan McGregor!
    Imagining myself as the Obi Wan Kenobi of the village ;)

MODS, What happens if we kill Kilgrave? Does Deadpool get a kill every night?

Of course he does, or every second night, there is no one to compete for his kills.

I wouldn't think Kilgrave can hop between players? Sure, that would mean he could hop across all players within the first day and know everyone's roles immediately! That doesn't make any sense!

That's what way I was thinking but the mods could have worked that out. IE Kilgrave only sees the user name and not the role and gives instructions depending on what they suspect the user is or isn't.

The more I think about Kilgrave's power, especially without confirmation that his power is limited to one person, the more in favour I am of Jessica coming out.

• Advertisement

Fwiw i think Jessica should stay hidden until the method of her death is decided on.

Personally i think it should be a lynch. Lynching anyone else is just guess work on day 1. It guarantees a wolf dies and it saves the bullets for later.

I wouldnt envisage any counter claims tbh as the only person who would counter would be a wolf and they would be signing their own death warrents in that case.

Advertisement