Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

First things first, on the Thor reveal, I am against it. Although I actually think it makes Fiona less wolfy to me for suggesting it. A point people may have overlooked is that the OP says targeted so even if they were protected by Captain America they still would've been targeted. So I'm not sure if Captain could even save Thor. I could be reading this incorrectly but I wanted to put it out there.

Secondly, I'm on board with a Jessica Jones reveal. I'm not too sure of the benefit of the backroom, yeah it's good that we have two villagers talking together but I'd rather take out a serial killer. Kilgrave seems to be a very strong serial killer but with one big weakness and that weakness is something we should exploit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Good afternoon Village people
    Sorry I am so late to check in. It's been an incredibly busy 24 hours or so.

I have sped read the thread so far - need to do more in depth analysis when I get home - but nobody is standing out as being particularly wolfie. I had Fiona in mind originally with her thor reveal suggestion but her follow up reasoning seemed to me to be quite villagery. While I don't agree with thor coming out yet, my impression is that Fiona is a villager trying to work and consult on villager strategy which had been lacking up to that point. So she gets brownie points from me on that one.

The only other real meaty strategy being discussed is whether Jessica should role reveal. I'm not sure about that yet. I really need to get my head around the rules a bit more first. On the face of it though it does seem like a potentially more sound strategy than the thor one.

Cage is a useless role (sorry to who ever drew that card, I'm talking about the role only). Jessica's role is more useful but her having to be dead to get the benefit of it isn't great. The advantage of having cage and Jessica share a backroom isn't all that great, useful but not game winning. Plus the very slim odds of them finding each other makes me believe that the benefits of the two of them being a partnership are not so great to be a barrier for a role reveal that provides benefits to the village.

That's where I'm at at the moment. I'm really busy in work so won't get much time to post until home time.

It sucks starting the game with a lynch though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I wouldn't think Kilgrave can hop between players? Sure, that would mean he could hop across all players within the first day and know everyone's roles immediately! That doesn't make any sense!

You might well be right. The OP isn't clear. To me, the bolded bit reads that he could go from one to another. I can see how it can read as a once off power too though. But if that's the case then he'll be even more careful about using it. But your point that he could just know everybody's roles doesn't make sense. If he controlled me, I'd have to write on-thread what he told me to do and vote how he told me to do, but he wouldn't be able to force me to reveal my role to him.
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Kilgrave - Kilgrave has the power of mind control. At any point in the game he can choose any player to mind control. They will share a room and Kilgrave can dictate lynch votes, kill votes, and posts to this player. The selected player must comply. He's also inextricably linked to Jessica Jones. If Jessica dies, Kilgrave dies.

And there was me imagining the lovely Ewan McGregor!
    Imagining myself as the Obi Wan Kenobi of the village ;)

Wrong franchise dude!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Kilgrave - Kilgrave has the power of mind control. At any point in the game he can choose any player to mind control. They will share a room and Kilgrave can dictate lynch votes, kill votes, and posts to this player. The selected player must comply. He's also inextricably linked to Jessica Jones. If Jessica dies, Kilgrave dies.

I don't think he can mind controlled more than 1 player, and the mind control lasts until he or the player is killed, that's my understanding.

Perhaps we need a mod rule on this?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

MODS, What happens if we kill Kilgrave? Does Deadpool get a kill every night?

One SK gets a kill every second night. If Kilgrave dies due to Jessica coming out then it's definitely Deadpools, but I'm not sure why that matters in terms of kill count - every 2nd night an SK gets a kill in either way. We could get lucky and lynch Deadpool in the meantime, which would then bring the kill rate down.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

It has to be a Lynch, the vig cant help us until after the lynch.

Jess comes out. Then we have to lynch her.

I expect 2 role claims of Jess, one by the real jess and one by someone mind controled by Kilgrave.

We Lynch one and have the vig use a bullet.

Its losing 1 villager and killing an SK.

Its for the good of the village. OUT YOURSELF JESS

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Cage is essentailly an nrv right?

Jessica comes out, after her death is decided on.

Cage peeks her, she confirms his identity and reports it to the group. Not to validate her claim but to give the village a confirmed villager, who is also an unimportant nrv. Who cares if the wolves kill cage? Thoughts?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Fwiw i think Jessica should stay hidden until the method of her death is decided on.

Personally i think it should be a lynch. Lynching anyone else is just guess work on day 1. It guarantees a wolf dies and it saves the bullets for later.

I wouldnt envisage any counter claims tbh as the only person who would counter would be a wolf and they would be signing their own death warrents in that case.

This is a good point Steve. Lynch Jessica and if anyone else claims after or before the lynch they can be shot. If we lynch Jessica and someone else dies as well then we don't need to kill the other claimant straight away but need to be wary of them as they could be a baddie who had been controlled.

Cage peeks her, she confirms his identity and reports it to the group. Not to validate her claim but to give the village a confirmed villager, who is also an unimportant nrv. Who cares if the wolves kill cage? Thoughts?

... sorry to expand on this, who cares if the wolves kill him but we still have a confirmed villager to rally around if we so wish

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

That's a good point. Cages main value to the village may be to be the conduit through which both he and Jessica confirm themselves as villagers which in turns helps in the event of a duel role claim.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I said earlier I was against early reveals but I'm beginning to agree with the cpnsensus that there is a very strong case for Jessica to reveal herself. Killgraves mind control power is just too damn dangerous and I can't foresee a scenario where Jessica and lukes backroom would be advantageous enough to counteract that..

Two villagers for one SK though??

Eva WW wrote: »
    Two villagers for one SK though??

No problem with that as the sk's are generally harder to find. Also the wolves would also be wasting their munch on a nrv

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I'm beginning to like the idea of a Jessica reveal. Not 100% convinced but it does seem to have benefits.

Chances are we'll lynch a villager so why not lynch Jessica and take down Kilgrave at the same time as well as ensuring that the mind controlled player thing will be null and void too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Yep. Not suggesting anything, just saying that it would be greatly in Deadpools favour to push this idea.

But for the village it's a no brainer imo. When can the Vig use his bullets? I presume at any time? Or is it only during the night phase? Can someone check the OP as we'd have to time them coming out if the latter

Is it a no-brainer? I think our priority should be reducing kills and keeping NRV's alive at this point. Killing off one of the SK's actually doesn't accomplish this at all. I think it could worth keeping JJ around at the off chance that she is randomly hit by the baddies rather than us using one of own methods of murder (lynch/vigilante). That way baddies lose a kill in the process.

Basically I think we should wait a while longer before JJ reveal.

Also what about rule 15? Are we not allowed to reveal ourselves? I'm a bit confused by that one.

And also to explain my finger-pointing at you; its early days, I had a fishy feeling based on your posting style, nothing more. You are the least suss of the three I mentioned. Derry is very suss tbh. Wendy still up there

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Not a hope Thor comes out. BAddies won't know if Thor or bodyguard SAve if they fail a kill.

Henry WW wrote: »
    I'm beginning to like the idea of a Jessica reveal. Not 100% convinced but it does seem to have benefits.

Chances are we'll lynch a villager so why not lynch Jessica and take down Kilgrave at the same time as well as ensuring that the mind controlled player thing will be null and void too.

Obviously the risk is there of false claiming which could cause hassle but it's unlikely that a villager would false claim and also not likely that an evil would false claim and risk getting lynched. If a player has been mind controlled then that will be a problem.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Is it a no-brainer? I think our priority should be reducing kills and keeping NRV's alive at this point. Killing off one of the SK's actually doesn't accomplish this at all. I think it could worth keeping JJ around at the off chance that she is randomly hit by the baddies rather than us using one of own methods of murder (lynch/vigilante). That way baddies lose a kill in the process.

Me too.

Also what about rule 15? Are we not allowed to reveal ourselves? I'm a bit confused by that one.

You can reveal your role if you deem it necessary. I think the rule was trying to eliminate the mass role-reveal almost accomplished last game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Yep. This is good discussion. Looking forward to reading back on the views on this when I get home properly. Those against may or may not be suss. I'll examine when I get home.

Equally those in favour and pushing the idea the most could be Deadpool or another baddie trying to get a rival out of the game.

One final comment before I head back to the grind for the afternoon.
    I'll be voting Conor tonight currently as they popped up with a drive by accusation against 3 people and then disappeared under the parapets again.

I don't mind being accused. I welcome it as no one should be trusting anyone at this early stage. However saying someone looks dodgy and not providing reasons before vanishing is wolfish behaviour.
    I haven't cast my vote but I await Conors response

Yep perfectly fair to vote for me on that basis, I'm still a few pages behind.

• Advertisement

And also to explain my finger-pointing at you; its early days, I had a fishy feeling based on your posting style, nothing more. You are the least suss of the three I mentioned. Derry is very suss tbh. Wendy still up there

Hmmm can a Mod confirm this? if Jessica cant reveal we are back at square one.

Me too.

(Didn't put in the close quote last time, so repeating, for clarity's sake).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I think rule 15 is just to avoid the game-breakyness of a mass character reveal.

Phil WW wrote: »
    I think rule 15 is just to avoid the game-breakyness of a mass character reveal.

Potentially RULE 15 may not allow Jessica to reveal if thats not the case. They made a post about the update, maybe it was for if Jess reveals.

Kilgrave is getting off if so.

Actually, you have a good point there. There is only one SK kill every second night and the SKs must compete for it. Taking out Kilgrave won't achieve much in reducing the kill rate. Deadpool will just get a kill every second night if Kilgrave is dead. Deadpool also needs to be targeted twice.

Having Jessica reveal just to get Kilgrave might not be as advantageous as I first thought. I think we might be better off hoping that another evil takes out Jessica.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Sped read the posts since this morning.

I'm also on board with Jessica coming out and us lynching her.
    Kilgrave wouldn't have used power yet and if he mind controls to counter claim, let batman sort that.

Possible outcomes....
    We lynch Jessica & Kilgrave dies
    We lynch Jessica, kilgraves chooses a baddie to mind control who batman kills, kilgrave dies
    Lynch Jessica, kilgrave controls villager who batman kills, kilgrave dies.

Need a vote before making final decision. Perhaps have to posts, one saying "kill Jessica" and one saying "don't" and we thank the one we're going for. Can be used to cross reference later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Actually, you have a good point there. There is only one SK kill every second night and the SKs must compete for it. Taking out Kilgrave won't achieve much in reducing the kill rate. Deadpool will just get a kill every second night if Kilgrave is dead. Deadpool also needs to be targeted twice.

Having Jessica reveal just to get Kilgrave might not be as advantageous as I first thought. I think we might be better off hoping that another evil takes out Jessica.

This is why I asked about Deadpool getting a kill each night if Kilgrave was gone.
    However, Kilgrave still has the mind control ability which by itself is quite damaging to the village.

DON'T REVEAL JESSICA

REVEAL JESSICA

• Advertisement

Conor and Ewan with great points.

Conors right taht it doesnt limit the kills

Ewan is right that the mind control power is dangerous, esp if he has a good roled player.

Advertisement