Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Please vote on yer preferance. It can be a town decision to help jessica reveal. She could also be waiting on Luke to see if she should share his identity...

Cant thank my own post but my vote is for the reveal

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Killing Kilgrave now does nothing to affect the kill rate in the short term I agree. But currently we have to lynch someone. I'd rather lynch a villager knowing that a serial killer would die as a result or lynch someone hoping they're evil but are likely to be a villager (unless someone slips up obviously).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I've voted not to reveal. Jessica (and Luke, if they're together) will need to make a judgement call on it, no matter the result of our poll though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Please vote on yer preferance. It can be a town decision to help jessica reveal. She could also be waiting on Luke to see if she should share his identity...

Cant thank my own post but my vote is for the reveal

Can you run the Luke reveal thing past me again? I saw a post a couple of pages back but didn't get the entire convo.

Also I'd be shocked if Kilgrave can mind control more than one person. It seems certain that at most they can only do one at a time but I reckon it means that they've one shot at mind control and keep it until either of them is dead. Although it certainly would be interesting if they could do multi mind controls. Imagine the work they'd have to do constructing posts.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Do we need to consider timing on the Jessica reveal? Close to lynch time limits the false claims but might also prevent anyone who is afk from voting appropriately. Orla still hasn't shown up btw...what if she is JJ?

The other thing to consider is that there is an upside to the baddie teams to killing Kilgrave off. They can be controlled too. Could that work in the villages favour?

I'm flip flopping between reveal and not. Leaning more toward reveal but haven't made my final decision.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    This is why I asked about Deadpool getting a kill each night if Kilgrave was gone.
    However, Kilgrave still has the mind control ability which by itself is quite damaging to the village.

Deadpool will get a kill every SECOND night if Kilgrave is dead as there will be no competion. That's how it reads to me from the OP. I don't think it will affect the kill rate - we need both of them dead for that and that's three SK hits.

2 X Serial Killers
    The serial killers will have to compete for a kill every SECOND night

Kilgrave - Kilgrave has the power of mind control. At any point in the game he can choose any player to mind control. They will share a room and Kilgrave can dictate lynch votes, kill votes, and posts to this player. The selected player must comply. He's also inextricably linked to Jessica Jones. If Jessica dies, Kilgrave dies.

Deadpool - Deadpool can use his healing powers to heal any manner of wound or death blow, but he only has the strength to do it once.

The mind control thing may have already happened for all we know.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I once heard a legend about a village much like us. Where they knew a vanilliger was turned to a wolf but out of fondness they let him live till he slowly wiped out the village. A person must always battle evil when they find it. So Jessica Jones should come out because.
    A. She will have to die anyway.
    B. She makes the first lynch safe. Luke has to find her anyway or he is just a vanilliger right?
    C. She takes out a powerful baddie with her

Jake WW wrote: »
    Can you run the Luke reveal thing past me again? I saw a post a couple of pages back but didn't get the entire convo.

Jessica comes out so that we can lynch them to get Kilgrave.

Luke then 'looks' for Jessica and gets them in the secret backroom and confirms if they are Jessica.

I think this is the plan. I don't like Luke being involved because it outs another villager. I don't think the Luke part is necessary really.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Do we need to consider timing on the Jessica reveal? Close to lynch time limits the false claims but might also prevent anyone who is afk from voting appropriately. Orla still hasn't shown up btw...what if she is JJ?

The other thing to consider is that there is an upside to the baddie teams to killing Kilgrave off. They can be controlled too. Could that work in the villages favour?

I'm flip flopping between reveal and not. Leaning more toward reveal but haven't made my final decision.
    No need. Nobody will false claim it. It's insta death. Wolves also want kill grave dead

• Advertisement

The only false claim will be if Kilgrave mind controls someone to claim. In which case we lynch/kill both Jessicas, or one if the first is the right one.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Two villagers for one SK though??

An SK who can control anyone, make them vote how they want. Wed not be able to to trust any votes while he lives

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

We need to kill an SK even if it doesnt affect the kill rate. Killing Jess, is better than killing a goodie. It takes a baddie out.

If we lynch someone else, chances are its a goodie with a good role.

Take out Jess and its a confirmed SK kill.

Its the better option.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Henry WW wrote: »

The mind control thing may have already happened for all we know.

Which would be an argument even more in favour of JJ coming out and revealing.

Katie WW wrote: »
    A. She will have to die anyway.
    B. She makes the first lynch safe. Luke has to find her anyway or he is just a vanilliger right?
    C. She takes out a powerful baddie with her

I see you points but:

A. Not necessarily. If Kilgrave is lynched or munched then Jessica has no reason to die.
    B. Yes lynch is safe as in we know what we are doing but we are killing one of our own village team. What can Luke & Jessica acheive as a team? They will have a back room and know who each other are and possibly back each other up in a future reveal if needed. Not much more after that.
    C. Agreed but removing that baddie has no effect on the current kill rate but eliminating a baddie can only be positive.

I don't think that Jessica should reveal right now. Maybe we can thrash this out a bit more but for now Jessica needs to stay hidden.

I agree, it will weed out the mind controlled player, who is not only useless to us now, but most likely hindering us.

Unless Jessica was the victim.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    We need to kill an SK even if it doesnt affect the kill rate. Killing Jess, is better than killing a goodie. It takes a baddie out.

If we lynch someone else, chances are its a goodie with a good role.

Take out Jess and its a confirmed SK kill.

Its the better option.

I very much agree with this, apart from the chances of it being a goodie with a good role. It's likely to be a villager (roled or not).

1 in 28 chance of that tho.

1 in 2 chance we out jessica kills an SK

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

@ MODS Can you confirm if Kilgrave's power is a once off or if it can be used on multiple players?

• Advertisement

If Jess was the victim fair play to Kilgrave for finding them so early. It's either a longshot or someone who hinted who they were so that Luke would find them.

If I was Kilgrave, I wouldnt be so eager to mind control someone from the off.

Id say he has choosen someone now that the heat is on.

1 in 2 chance we out jessica kills an SK

Well Jess could've left hints that were picked up by Kilgrave. I can't find them but they may be there.

If I was Kilgrave, I wouldnt be so eager to mind control someone from the off.

Id say he has choosen someone now that the heat is on.

I probably wouldn't have controlled someone from the beginning either but as you say once things started heating up I'd have been trawling through to see if I could spot Jess and try to mind control them.

Yes it's a slim chance but a chance all the same. If a player other than Jessica has been mind controlled we may also have to deal with a false reveal.

I see you points but:

A. Not necessarily. If Kilgrave is lynched or munched then Jessica has no reason to die.
    B. Yes lynch is safe as in we know what we are doing but we are killing one of our own village team. What can Luke & Jessica acheive as a team? They will have a back room and know who each other are and possibly back each other up in a future reveal if needed. Not much more after that.
    C. Agreed but removing that baddie has no effect on the current kill rate but eliminating a baddie can only be positive.

I don't think that Jessica should reveal right now. Maybe we can thrash this out a bit more but for now Jessica needs to stay hidden.
    Right now it's pure guesswork to find kill grave. We have the same odds finding him as he does Jessica. If Jessica comes out we immediately find kill grave.

Also he can dictate posts. He can can use his power to make someone post subtle role claims etc to off people. Kills has to die and die early

Yes it's a slim chance but a chance all the same. If a player other than Jessica has been mind controlled we may also have to deal with a false reveal.

Well a false reveal would mean that Jess isn't mind controlled and should definitely come out at that point. A false claim could play into our hands actually, with Jess coming out we know that we can kill Kilgrave whenever we want and also know that he's used his mind control powers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Do we have a timeframe for how long the mind control lasts?

Let's suppose that kilgrave has, by some sort of miracle, chosen Jessica. And tells her not to reveal even though we vote that she should. How long could he control her for?

It's just a random thought as his mind control is really null and void once the real Jessica stands up.

And we use a Vig for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Phil WW wrote: »
    @ MODS Can you confirm if Kilgrave's power is a once off or if it can be used on multiple players?

The mind control is for ONE player, it does not say in the OP it can be used multiple times. It hints that the person/player has to do what they are told.

Advertisement