Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Nigel WW wrote:
    Just have some faith, after 11 ill be on if still alive

I'm not saying I want to lynch you. Just I'm wary of these types of claims

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Why would Nigel be cleared after the munch?
    Earlier you said you felt one of Clodagh or Katie could be bad, but now neither have made it to your baddie list? A bit suss.

Also, just because you've claimed a role, doesn't mean that you're cleared. Presumably you're planning to use Clodagh not posting today to confirm you?
    I'm not convinced just yet.

She hasn't just claimed a role. It's the only role which has been confirmed so far.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Adding Conor to my suspicion list
    We have to make him squeal like the pig he pretends to be

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    She hasn't just claimed a role. It's the only role which has been confirmed so far.

What are you talking about?
    Bother Barbara and Gertie have claimed, Luke and Spidey respectively.
    Barbara I'm willing to accept as confirmed due to Steve saying Barbara but Gertie is in now confirmed.

Earlier you said you felt one of Clodagh or Katie could be bad, but now neither have made it to your baddie list? A bit suss.

Also, just because you've claimed a role, doesn't mean that you're cleared. Presumably you're planning to use Clodagh not posting today to confirm you?

Why is Clodagh not posting today? And what would that confirm?

To be honest I'm quite suss of Fiona.
    Trying to get the role reveal very early on Day 1 isn't really a village move. There is more but need to get onto my PC and have a better look at your previous posts.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about?
    Bother Barbara and Gertie have claimed, Luke and Spidey respectively.
    Barbara I'm willing to accept as confirmed due to Steve saying Barbara but Gertie is in now confirmed.

Barbara as Luke is confirmed by Steve. Not just claimed.
    How is Gertie confirmed? She had claimed it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

There's so many inaccuracies in that...

Super dodge.

Falling all over the place now anti-hero

Fiona WW wrote:
    What are you talking about? Bother Barbara and Gertie have claimed, Luke and Spidey respectively. Barbara I'm willing to accept as confirmed due to Steve saying Barbara but Gertie is in now confirmed.

Nope, I'm not confirmed. Only my death or a seer check would confirm me but I dunno if we should be wasting checks on villagers. Particularly NRVs. Happy to have a little suspicion hanging over me to be honest it keeps us all honest.

Why is Clodagh not posting today? And what would that confirm?

To be honest I'm quite suss of Fiona.
    Trying to get the role reveal very early on Day 1 isn't really a village move. There is more but need to get onto my PC and have a better look at your previous posts.

Pfffftttt....
    Ok, am I the only one paying attention here? Gertie heavily insinuated that she bound one of Katie or Clodagh. Katie has already appeared today ergo Clodagh is likely the one bound. If Clodagh shows up, then it make Gerties claim very suss even thought she didn't specifically say she chose Clodagh. As spidey, there would be no reason for her to lie or camouflage who she has bound. The fact that she didn't confirm who she found is strange. So, should gertie survive the munch, I presume she will use the fact that Clodagh hasn't posted (if she hasn't) as a way of "clearing" herself as Batman.

Also, other players have been deemed more villagery for asking for a role reveal (Steve for example). That was on the back of my conversation about a role reveal , but I'm wolfy because of that? I explained all my thoughts at the time.

Fiona WW wrote:
    Pfffftttt.... Ok, am I the only one paying attention here? Gertie heavily insinuated that she bound one of Katie or Clodagh. Katie has already appeared today ergo Clodagh is likely the one bound. If Clodagh shows up, then it make Gerties claim very suss even thought she didn't specifically say she chose Clodagh. As spidey, there would be no reason for her to lie or camouflage who she has bound. The fact that she didn't confirm who she found is strange. So, should gertie survive the munch, I presume she will use the fact that Clodagh hasn't posted (if she hasn't) as a way of "clearing" herself as Batman.

Huh? I'm Spiderman?

• Advertisement

Check a few posts above Fiona. Clodagh has posted. Katie I don't think has posted yet this morning since Gertie posted.
    I think you are the one not paying attention.

Ewan WW wrote:
    Check a few posts above Fiona. Clodagh has posted. Katie I don't think has posted yet this morning since Gertie posted. I think you are the one not paying attention.

Just for the record, neither Katie nor Clodagh have been binded. That's all I'll say for now

Fiona it seems like you are grasping at straws here, your posts definitely need more attention.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    There's so many inaccuracies in that...

Super dodge.

Falling all over the place now anti-hero

Ok, so I see the confusion. That bolded part actually was aimed at Gertie not you, I must have deleted a quote. I think my last post pretty much explains that, but wanted to be very clear. I do think Barbara is Luke and cleared as a villager. I'm suss of the spidey claim and don't think we can take it at face value.

The initial questions still stand, which you didn't answer by the way. Why would Nigel be cleared after the munch? Do you think both Katie and Clodagh are good?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Damn double post. Also Conor, why would I as an NRV want protection? Just doesn't make any sense to ask for Cap to protect a vanillager when there are other roles way more important than mine

Your explanation makes sense. I was a few pages back when I saw the reveal. I can't think of a good reason why a baddie would try a fake role claim right now considering the real spidey would be out there. I don't think it was a good call to reveal yourself at all tbh. Why not reveal who you bound too? Should be easy to prove.

Seriously, what is happening, is it opposite day???!?!?!
    Huh? I'm Spiderman?
    But earlier...
    Ok, I'm just gonna come out and say it.

I'm Spiderman. I left a trail on the first night so people might pick up on it. See below:

I have used my binding power on someone last night, not saying who but it's not because they're necessarily bad, they were just messing with my head and I needed some space to think.

Believe it or don't but the reason I'm doing this is so there will be NO false claims about Spidey after I get munched this morning which is a large possibility due to me being put on trust lists by several others.
    I'm essentially an NRV now so don't mind taking one for the team.

Cap do NOT protect me. Follow these instructions. Tegan is dodgy. I'm not sure on Katie/Clodagh. One of them is bad I think, maybe both but this should be resolved by Iron Man or Batman. Do NOT waste a day lynching one of them.

Thank you for your time. Spidey out for now.

Just for the record, neither Katie nor Clodagh have been binded. That's all I'll say for now
    If you don't want to reveal who has been binded, please tell us why that's in the interests of the village.

Conor WW wrote:
    Your explanation makes sense. I was a few pages back when I saw the reveal. I can't think of a good reason why a baddie would try a fake role claim right now considering the real spidey would be out there. I don't think it was a good call to reveal yourself at all tbh. Why not reveal who you bound too? Should be easy to prove.

Fiona WW wrote:
    If you don't want to reveal who has been binded, please tell us why that's in the interests of the village.

I'm holding off for a specific purpose but it should be easy to work out who if you look back to last night.
    Who was sowing confusion and causing mayhem?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Adding Conor to my suspicion list
    We have to make him squeal like the pig he pretends to be

Oink

Check a few posts above Fiona. Clodagh has posted. Katie I don't think has posted yet this morning since Gertie posted.
    I think you are the one not paying attention.

Ok, I'm stepping away from the computer and getting some caffeine because I'm clearly not making as much sense in my posts as I am in my head. I knew one of Katie or Clodagh hadn't posted, I just said the wrong one. I've said since last night I think Katie is wolfy even though most people seem to think Clodagh is wolfier.

In any case it doesn't matter because Gertie has now said it's neither Clo or Katie. I still think it's suss that she won't tell us who though tbh. Seems opportunistic, I see no reason to keep that hidden.

Seeing as this is going to cause a problem seemingly I have no issue revealing who I binded.

It was Abigail. I did it for a couple of reasons but mainly to drown out the noise she was creating which was obscuring my views on things.

If they don't munch me they'll munch Abigail now too cause doubt amongst the village.

If they don't munch Abigail she is probably a wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    I disagree Henry. I love a good morning catch up. Hope you are enjoying yours.

Catching up wasn't as bad as I thought it would be although I did skim a bit so hopefully I didn't miss anything.

I'm happy enough that Gertie is as claimed for now and it's becoming increasingly obvious who was bound by Spidey.
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Actually theres a few posters eager ro point out that wolves should role hunt and leave the nrvs. If i was the suspicious kind id say it was messaging across the wolfey grapevine to ither teams

It might be nothing but this sticks out. As villagers we are all the suspicious kind, are we not? And you could be right about the wolf teams leaving messages. Are you not suspicious because you know exactly what's going on with those messages?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Hey phil cant @ you so not sure you saw this? Are you?

I enjoy the tv shows and movies. Don't know much about the comics.

Yesterday 12:53
    This is the only thing that isn't clear to me (also if the baddies can communicate amongst each other). From the OP Thor "He is a Demigod and therefore must be targeted two nights in a row to be killed" - I could read that as he survives the lynch if that's the first attempt on his life as it doesn't specify targeted by a baddie team.

Similar with Deadpool and I already asked this in my first posts - Deadpool "can use his healing powers to heal any manner of wound or death blow, but he only has the strength to do it once" so can he survive a lynch as well? I would guess so.

This part seems suss, it had been mentioned on thread already there was a back room as mods had asked people to check their access. This feels like a poor attempt to say oh I'm a villager and know nothing about what is happening in the background!

Then at 13:27 & 13:31
    I would also like to know if it can shift.
    Your logic is flawed on the second point though, couldn't it just be an anon account in the backroom called Kilgrave? That way the player just knows they're controlled but not by which other player.
    Ugh, final post I swear! I wonder if the mind control part extends to the backroom? If it does then that's interesting. Otherwise, baddies and anyone else sharing a room can just tell their partners that they're mind controlled on thread. And if it does extend to the backroom (and I don't see how it would realistically do that), how would Kilgrave even know if they were complying? So if Jessica and Luke are in a room, and Luke gets mind controlled for example, can they talk away as normal in the backroom (i.e. Luke can tell Jessica he's mind controlled?)

But now the back room is fully operational when it suits your argument?
    Well jebus, what a day in the village.
    So, yay on getting rid of a SK but boo on losing Steve. I'm only catching up now but I got a vote in on Steve earlier today and didn't get a chance to change it.

I dunno what Abigail is playing at, but there's a fierce smell of wolf off her. I think she's role hunting for seer. Almost too wolfy to be a wolf, but my money would be on wolf. Same with Katie, that's my second place wolf for now.

You were completely against the Jessica Jones reveal - but switched kinda easily in the background then when your previous post stated:
    Jessica coming out now helps the village in no way. It actually puts us at a disadvantage because the vig would probably shoot her and then we lose the possibility of Luke finding her.

Since then you have gone from suspecting Abi, Katie & Clodagh
    Well, we'll get those votes tomorrow and I think they're important. I like to see all the evidence. At some point we'll want to check back and try and identify who was just jumping on a bandwagon.
    I think you are doing exactly what you want to accuse others of doing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Or they may leave her alive to cause even more confusion?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

My two question marks are Tegan and Katie . .

Tegan's post with a list of names and sketch explanations is more a hunch then anything.

Katie, however, has been acting extremely odd. I took notes of plenty of things done that were super erratic. Post 1608, 1674 and 1681 just stick out. Claiming to be practically responsible for two baddies kills. Then saying that she shouldn't be trusted just because she supposedly killed 2 baddies. Then asking the vig to shoot Clodagh and saying she can be shot if Clodagh is goodie.

Anybody looking for vig to shoot somebody this early, with little to no evidence is suspect. But to try so hard to look good, then dismiss your own logic for looking good and then demanding a valuable shot be used is hard to reconcile.

Eva, Orla and Henry honed in on this chain of events early so I sort of trust them.

Nigels "I have something to share if I survive the munch is dodge on the cryptic side. If its something that will help the village, spit it out before you potentially get killed. If not, how is it helping anything ? It sounds like a random statement to somehow imply that you might be munched to sub consciously make some think you are villagey.

I believe Gertrude because I assume the real Spidey would show themselves if it was lie. However, I am unsure if the real spidey could of been killed and we wouldn't know it, but its unlikely that the wolves got that lucky so early on . .

Seeing as this is going to cause a problem seemingly I have no issue revealing who I binded.

It was Abigail. I did it for a couple of reasons but mainly to drown out the noise she was creating which was obscuring my views on things.

If they don't munch me they'll munch Abigail now too cause doubt amongst the village.

Ok, thank you. I'm looking back through her posts now.
    Sorry, but if you had kept it hidden it would have looked a bit like a baddie taking a punt and just seeing who doesn't turn up today and claiming that they were bound.

So, do you know if the binding carries into the backroom if there is one?

Doris WW wrote:
    I believe Gertrude because I assume the real Spidey would show themselves if it was lie. However, I am unsure if the real spidey could of been killed and we wouldn't know it, but its unlikely that the wolves got that lucky so early on . .

Well seeing as the wolves haven't had a munch on actual game players yet that's just not possible

Fiona WW wrote:
    So, do you know if the binding carries into the backroom if there is one?

Yep, binding means they cannot post at all so Abigail is probably screaming at her phone/computer now in anger

Also Fiona, you said on Day One that binding was potentially damaging for the village. Do you still think so and why?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Well seeing as the wolves haven't had a munch on actual game players yet that's just not possible

Ha, I thought I missed a munch yesterday morning and was not going to troll through 6000 pages to find it!

By the way, I had a dream once, that I was in a similar village. In that village, just as I made a point about potential wolves, I was killed . .Of course I woke up from that dream . . Just saying . .

Advertisement