Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    I think the village would notice if we lost a member of our super hero team! So not joker, if doom it makes no difference as clodagh was shot not lynched

It appears your correct, another nice spot.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Ok so from the OP:

So if Clodagh was Harley Quinn we MAY have a problem as that would have activated the Joker.
    However if she were Dr Doom then I don't think the Marvel's would get the 2 kills. Right? He needed to by lynched for that power to come into effect. But theres no way of knowing that really as there'll still be 2 munches tonight.
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    It appears your correct, another nice spot.

Gee thanks Nigel. :rolleyes:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Ok so from the OP:

So if Clodagh was Harley Quinn we MAY have a problem as that would have activated the Joker.
    However if she were Dr Doom then I don't think the Marvel's would get the 2 kills. Right? He needed to by lynched for that power to come into effect. But theres no way of knowing that really as there'll still be 2 munches tonight.
    Also on this. At some point the village will have to activate joker to win as we need to kill Harley anyway. It's best to do this early when we have numbers and losing a member won't swing the game in the baddies favour

How would we notice? I assume someone just gets told that they're the joker now and that's it. Go play for the other team.

Thats how I read it too, if joker is turned, then hes like a wolf in sheeps clothing

EG if its Gerty, who has been trust worthy so far IMO, she gets turned and boom she has us

Just an example, Im not accusing, its all just an example

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Alright, I was very suspect of Katie but this latest event clears her to large extent. There is always the possibility that she is on another bad team/SK but for now I'm not inclined to believe that.

Well done, Katie. You're persistent, I'll give you that :)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Good morning all. Will spend next 15minutes reading back.

How would we notice? I assume someone just gets told that they're the joker now and that's it. Go play for the other team.

Just how I feel that if the joker is active as a baddie now we would know. Also I feel like the doctor's role should be kept hidden until the joker is active. Letting the village know yes X was Harley joker is active. Apart from confirming a seer claim it would seem to be his most important thing in game he can do no?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Thats how I read it too, if joker is turned, then hes like a wolf in sheeps clothing

EG if its Gerty, who has been trust worthy so far IMO, she gets turned and boom she has us

Just an example, Im not accusing, its all just an example

But if we accept Gerti was Spidey then she cant be turned ?

Is it not fairly safe to presume Barbara is good, steve confirmed and Gerti is good by virtue of the fact that nobody else claimed to be Spidey ? We could of been screwed by the real spidey either not being active and seeing claim or feeling like they were better hidden, but as a betting person I don't think that's likely.

As such, I feel these two should be the villages conscience. Until a better alternative comes along.

Also on this. At some point the village will have to activate joker to win as we need to kill Harley anyway. It's best to do this early when we have numbers and losing a member won't swing the game in the baddies favour

Harley Quinn - The infectious wolf. When Harley Quinn dies, the Joker who has been masquerading as a villager will join the Suicide Squad to avenge his love.

So the joker knows who he is already, am I right in saying that?

If it's accepted Gerty is Spiderman she cannot be turned as joker. So if you believe she is Spiderman she is good and cannot be turned

• Advertisement

Harley Quinn - The infectious wolf. When Harley Quinn dies, the Joker who has been masquerading as a villager will join the Suicide Squad to avenge his love.

I would be inclined to believe that

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Doris WW wrote:
    Is it not fairly safe to presume Barbara is good, steve confirmed and Gerti is good by virtue of the fact that nobody else claimed to be Spidey ? We could of been screwed by the real spidey either not being active and seeing claim or feeling like they were better hidden, but as a betting person I don't think that's likely.

Highly unlikely gertis claim is false imo.

Fantastic work guys - some greta detective work being done. Have been afk this morning but will catch up at lunch and say what I see!

Just how I feel that if the joker is active as a baddie now we would know. Also I feel like the doctor's role should be kept hidden until the joker is active. Letting the village know yes X was Harley joker is active. Apart from confirming a seer claim it would seem to be his most important thing in game he can do no?

Actually yeah I forgot we had a priest completely. I would agree that is the absolute most important role for the priest. Because as soon as the joker is activated, all previously confirmed villagers are back to unknowns. (assuming that even the joker doesn't know he's the joker until Harley dies)
    Oh ****, what if the priest is the joker though?

Pter wrote: »

Fantastic work guys - some greta detective work being done. Have been afk this morning but will catch up at lunch and say what I see!

Put on your super suit, who fights crime as their alter ego sheesh

I agree about the doctor role, they should remain hidden until at least after the next munch.

The more info we have , the better. Stay put for now Wonder Woman

Uhhh.....pter?

We can't know but I also read it that he has a cub role and will be activated on death of Harley.

Vlad you idiot!

I would be inclined to believe that

Oh! I was going on the assumption that they wouldn't know. So would the joker show up as bad or good in the lynch/munch notice? Like would we know if Abi or Phil or Steve were the joker? Mods?

Actually yeah I forgot we had a priest completely. I would agree that is the absolute most important role for the priest. Because as soon as the joker is activated, all previously confirmed villagers are back to unknowns. (assuming that even the joker doesn't know he's the joker until Harley dies)

I'd imagine the priest is a nrv. Seems a bit much to have a roles goodie turn to be a baddie. Joker knows he is bad from the start and will be turned at some point. Bit lousy of mods to turn one of the most useful chars evil

Also Im still suss of posters lower than 30 at this stage. Not actively helping the village doenst look good guys.

• Advertisement

Oh! I was going on the assumption that they wouldn't know. So would the joker show up as bad or good in the lynch/munch notice? Like would we know if Abi or Phil or Steve were the joker? Mods?

I think they would probably show up good until they were officially on a bad team. Like they are team village until they go insane over Harleys death and swear revenge on the village. Though I wonder if it's Harleys death at all or only if we as a village lynch her. What if an SK or other wolf team kills her

I'd imagine the priest is a nrv. Seems a bit much to have a roles goodie turn to be a baddie. Joker knows he is bad from the start and will be turned at some point. Bit lousy of mods to turn one of the most useful chars evil

The joker not priest ****ing lack of edit

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

No, I read that as the opposite, masquerading to me would imply that the joker doesn't realise that they're the joker.

Get out unknown villager. :pac: Genuinely surprised at the amount of surprise guests that have been popping in.
    I don't think the priest can be the joker. I don't think the joker knows who he is. The joker, in my opinion, is one of the vaniallgers, and likely randomly selected by the mods of the vanillagers left alive when Harley is killed.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    No, I read that as the opposite, masquerading to me would imply that the joker doesn't realise that they're the joker.

So in theory, a so far solid poster (like Gerty or Katie) could be easily bad after Harley dies....

This game!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

So in theory, a so far solid poster (like Gerty or Katie) could be easily bad after Harley dies....

This game!

Unless they're roled.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

This game!

There is no mention of the Joker as a character in the team good list so it could well be that he doesn't know.

It makes little difference to the village, tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Healthy to have doubts, still do everyone should be doubted till seer confirmed. Or another confirmed goodie can 100 vouch for them.

For what it's worth I don't believe she was Harley. By my reading of the rules with the joker reveal I think the mods would inform us in some way of a villager turning. So she was so sk or not the infection wolf

I think it's possible that the mods might inform us of the joker waking up, but i don't think it's something we can bank on. They make the rules and they're no binded in any way to reveal anything to us if they don't want. The mods always have secrets! anyway I don't think we need to spend a day debating the likelihood of us being told. I think the best plan is to proceed on the assumption that they wont, and then just be happy if they do!
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Nigel, I am still not sure why you had to make such a dramatic statement pre munch. .

And well played Katie, I still don't think this implies you are a goodie, just that you nabbed a baddy. You said yourself that killing a baddy does not equate to goody . .

Agreed Doris, I was expecting more fireworks after munch!

I think the last point is a good 'un revealing a wolf doesn't absolve you of being a wolf, so business as usual guys trust noone but yourself

Katie, maybe I'm slow but I'm not sure I get what you mean by this:
    I think the village would notice if we lost a member of our super hero team! /QUOTE]

how would we notice, sure we don't know who anyone is? Though I do believe Trudy is a goodie, (I prefer Trudy to Gertie, Trudy is like Alison Brie in MadMen, wouldn't you rather be her than a Gerturde?!)

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Unless they're roled.

Sorry, maybe a stupid question but why cant they be roled?

This game!

In my opinion roles chars are safe from being joker. The power swing would be too much. Like if the doctor is safe it stops too much info from the village, in that case why couldn't the seer ve joker? So imo the jomer is one of the Nrvs.

Nrvs can't be trusted until Harley dies and they are all pretending to be good

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote: »
    I think it's possible that the mods might inform us of the joker waking up, but i don't think it's something we can bank on. They make the rules and they're no binded in any way to reveal anything to us if they don't want. The mods always have secrets! anyway I don't think we need to spend a day debating the likelihood of us being told. I think the best plan is to proceed on the assumption that they wont, and then just be happy if they do!

Agreed Doris, I was expecting more fireworks after munch!

I think the last point is a good 'un revealing a wolf doesn't absolve you of being a wolf, so business as usual guys trust noone but yourself

Katie, maybe I'm slow but I'm not sure I get what you mean by this:
    I think the village would notice if we lost a member of our super hero team! /QUOTE]

how would we notice, sure we don't know who anyone is? Though I do believe Trudy is a goodie, (I prefer Trudy to Gertie, Trudy is like Alison Brie in MadMen, wouldn't you rather be her than a Gerturde?!)

If the mods didn't inform us of the suicide squad getting a new member our priest surely would as it is in my opinion bar vertifying a seer claim his only use

Advertisement