Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

This game is moving far too quickly to keep up with!

Aware I'm low posting but there is already a lot happening so not sure I could add just yet to the good work already being done. Will pipe up when I spot something though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    In my opinion roles chars are safe from being joker. The power swing would be too much. Like if the doctor is safe it stops too much info from the village, in that case why couldn't the seer ve joker? So imo the jomer is one of the Nrvs.

Nrvs can't be trusted until Harley dies and they are all pretending to be good

I agree taht it may be that way, but the mods havent suggested anything to say it cant be a roled villager. So Im keeping an open mind

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

The way I see it, as the Joker isn't a listed role, the player may not even know that he/she is destined to be the Joker. So it's highly possible that nobody is pretending at this point in the game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    In my opinion roles chars are safe from being joker. The power swing would be too much. Like if the doctor is safe it stops too much info from the village, in that case why couldn't the seer ve joker? So imo the jomer is one of the Nrvs.

I agree taht it may be that way, but the mods havent suggested anything to say it cant be a roled villager. So Im keeping an open mind

I hope you don't mind me asking but you seem to be trying to keep the net as wide as possible. Is there any reason for that?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind me asking but you seem to be trying to keep the net as wide as possible. Is there any reason for that?

Just keeping an open mind, anything is possible. Id welcome mod clarification to shorten that net too

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW wrote: »

Whats your take on the joker role?

Henry WW wrote: »
    The way I see it, as the Joker isn't a listed role, the player may not even know that he/she is destined to be the Joker. So it's highly possible that nobody is pretending at this point in the game.

If Harley was Clodagh then hes active. Big IF though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    If Harley was Clodagh then hes active. Big IF though.

I really do believe that if this is the case our priest would of told us.

I think by not saying anything the priest is telling us clodagh does not equal harley

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I think by not saying anything the priest is telling us clodagh does not equal harley

Maybe the priest know but sees no reason in coming out just yet.

On the priest role from the OP, it mentions that Wolverine will inherit the power but no mention of whether or not Wolverine learns the roles of players already dead. Anyone got a view on that?

We do have a backup priest too, so if it was Harley its no harm to inform us priest. We would still have Logan

Otherwise stay hidden Linda Carter.

• Advertisement

Maybe the priest know but sees no reason in coming out just yet.

On the priest role from the OP, it mentions that Wolverine will inherit the power but no mention of whether or not Wolverine learns the roles of players already dead. Anyone got a view on that?

Id think Wolvie (not wolfie) would have knowledge of all deaths once Wonder Woman was killed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

i think that up until the point of Harley's death the joker will be a normal villy, I don't think they'll know in advance of that. They'll just wake up and be evil. Though I don't think that a roled villy will be handed an evil role, it's more likely to be an NRV.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Catching up wasn't as bad as I thought it would be although I did skim a bit so hopefully I didn't miss anything.

I'm happy enough that Gertie is as claimed for now and it's becoming increasingly obvious who was bound by Spidey.

It might be nothing but this sticks out. As villagers we are all the suspicious kind, are we not? And you could be right about the wolf teams leaving messages. Are you not suspicious because you know exactly what's going on with those messages?

I obviously need to make my sarcasm more obvious

Orla WW wrote: »
    i think that up until the point of Harley's death the joker will be a normal villy, I don't think they'll know in advance of that. They'll just wake up and be evil. Though I don't think that a roled villy will be handed an evil role, it's more likely to be an NRV.

Like I said thats fine and the most logical explaination, but its still possible unless the mods say otherwise.

Im not taking anything for granted yet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I presumed the Joker doesn't know they are the Joker until Harley is killed. It would be too difficult to play the game for that player any other way.
    I also presumed it would be a NRV.

Also Nigel, I presumed the apprentice priest doesn't get the previous roles if the priest is killed - but these are a lot of presumptions and may need clarification from the mods?

Ewan WW wrote: »

Also Nigel, I presumed the apprentice priest doesn't get the previous roles if the priest is killed - but these are a lot of presumptions and may need clarification from the mods?

I'm inclined to agree with this, because it's an inherited power. The wording of this makes me believe that they don't share a back room, rather that wolverine only becomes active when the princess dies

I've been busy with work all morning, but we need to focus ourselves as a village now and look at lynch targets for tonight?
    Is there anything to be said for another FFA?

I would like to take some time and maybe look at those posters flying below the radar a bit also. Also look at Phil and Abi for reasons why they were targeted.

What do we know so far?
    - Steve was Jessica Jones NRV
    - Holly was Kilgrave SK
    - Katie Village
    - Clodagh Wolf
    - Abigail was Village
    - Phil was Village
    - Barbara is Luke Cage
    - Gertrude has claimed Spiderman
    - Jake was mind controlled by Kilgrave, why did Kilgrave pick him?

Jake was mind controlled by Kilgrave, why did Kilgrave pick him?

I think blind panic, he randomly picked him and hoped for the best.

I may be wrong though but thats my take on Kilgraves control choice

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Good call Katie, obviously it doesn't clear you but you're not on my bad list at this moment.

Nige, had you something to reveal at 11, I may have missed it.

Gonna be a long day and I feel it will go back and forth with regards to who is for the lynch, quite a few names been thrown around.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Katie WW wrote:
    Tldr. Clodagh is a wolf. Phil is probably Spiderman and made a claim out of inexperience.... Claim being his senses are tingling.....aka Spidey senses. You experienced player, nrv, picked up on this, saw about not posting decides to take a punt and get yourself lynched as Nrvs ain't as powerful

Firstly, thanks for the compliment. I wouldn't consider myself that experienced though!
    I initially suspected you as I thought you were trying to draw attention to my series of posts where I spelt out IM SPIDEY but it seems I was wrong on that count.
    Good call on Clodagh. My reasoning for agreeing with you was faint and could be attributed to others.
    It might be an idea to examine who defended Clodagh?

Also, I think our intuitions are similar. What do you think of Tegan? I'm really suss of them still and Ewan brought up some good points about Fiona although she argued them well.

I'm gone off Jake and Conor for the time being but I'm certainly not ready to clear them just yet. Also still a little wary of Nigel bigging up a reveal and then producing nothing.

I'll be back at my lunch time to try and read through but won't be able to put on my sleuthing hat until 4.30.

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »
    Good call Katie, obviously it doesn't clear you but you're not on my bad list at this moment.

Nige, had you something to reveal at 11, I may have missed it.

Gonna be a long day and I feel it will go back and forth with regards to who is for the lynch, quite a few names been thrown around.

I was going to accuse Phil. I was way off, see my post just after 10.

Any observations yersel?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Surprised about Abi. Thought she was nuts n bad.

Firstly, thanks for the compliment. I wouldn't consider myself that experienced though!
    I initially suspected you as I thought you were trying to draw attention to my series of posts where I spelt out IM SPIDEY but it seems I was wrong on that count.
    Good call on Clodagh. My reasoning for agreeing with you was faint and could be attributed to others.
    It might be an idea to examine who defended Clodagh?

Also, I think our intuitions are similar. What do you think of Tegan? I'm really suss of them still and Ewan brought up some good points about Fiona although she argued them well.

I'm gone off Jake and Conor for the time being but I'm certainly not ready to clear them just yet. Also still a little wary of Nigel bigging up a reveal and then producing nothing.

I'll be back at my lunch time to try and read through but won't be able to put on my sleuthing hat until 4.30.

Will look into Reagan's posts and get back to you, Jake has a reprieve for now as he was killgrave controlled, Nigel does warrant some extra looking at as he seems to stall a lot then not say anything and it's a bit suspect

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I've been busy with work all morning, but we need to focus ourselves as a village now and look at lynch targets for tonight?
    Is there anything to be said for another FFA?

I would like to take some time and maybe look at those posters flying below the radar a bit also. Also look at Phil and Abi for reasons why they were targeted.

What do we know so far?
    - Steve was Jessica Jones NRV
    - Holly was Kilgrave SK
    - Katie Village
    - Clodagh Wolf
    - Abigail was Village
    - Phil was Village
    - Barbara is Luke Cage
    - Gertrude has claimed Spiderman
    - Jake was mind controlled by Kilgrave, why did Kilgrave pick him?

We don't know Katie is village. You may suspect that, but you can't state it as fact.

Teagans ffs auto correct

In hindsight it wasnt a good call, it simply was a bad judgment suspecting Phil. Had he been not lynched, Id be all over him (and wrongly too)

Again, I still think your who you say, but your clues reasoning has thrown me a little though if im honest.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    We don't know Katie is village. You may suspect that, but you can't state it as fact.

Sorry you are correct. Apologies - that's why I wanted to get everything down to get stuff straight in my head.

Fiona WW wrote: »

Correct nobody is 100 percent good unless seer is confirmed and the seer clears that person as roles! But I will say their are more people well deserved a look at then me

Ok lads, anyone for FFA#2? we need to get a collective wiggle on and organise,

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Nigel WW wrote:
    Again, I still think your who you say, but your clues reasoning has thrown me a little though if im honest.

I'm going to need you to explain this a little more. I pre planned a series of posts to allude to my identity in case I would need to reveal myself.

I thought I'd be munched today because I was super active and helpful so I decided to reveal myself.

I'm not ready to accuse you yet but I'm just saying I'm wary.

Advertisement