Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I was going to accuse Phil. I was way off, see my post just after 10.

Any observations yersel?

According to my spreadsheet, ones to watch,

Conor
    Angus
    Tegen

I need to checks back on these ones, but at the moment I don't anything more concrete

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree with this, because it's an inherited power. The wording of this makes me believe that they don't share a back room, rather that wolverine only becomes active when the princess dies

I think that wolverine probably gets access to the same room that Wonder Woman was in when she died. That would mean he gets access to all the results but they don't share a room together and likely don't know who each other are. Since it's not mentioned in the OP or at least it's purposefully vague, we can only guess. Maybe the mods can clarify? Ewan asked for clarification earlier though so I'm not confident that the mods are going to step in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Orla WW wrote:
    Ok lads, anyone for FFA#2? we need to get a collective wiggle on and organise,

I'm on for it but it will be 5pm before I can post mine. Want to get home and read back and analyse last night and this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Note: Lots of requests for mod clarification. As far as we're concerned you all have the necessary info to play the game. Carry on

Are we giving reasons, or just names?

#FFA2
    Nigel
    Tegan
    Katie

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    It's early doors. You're basically pointing the finger at me because I did it first to you. Meh.

I can answer why I'm suss, I just want a little bit more time. I'll give you full low down before tomorrow's lynch.

What's this low down Conor?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Are we giving reasons, or just names?

#FFA2
    Nigel
    Tegan
    Katie

Reasons please

Katie, at the moment I'm inclined to say you are good, but can you tell us why you were so sure about Clodagh without revealing who you are?

In my experience, only a roled goodie or a wolf could be so sure.

Katie WW wrote: »
    Reasons please

#FFA2+, now with additional reasons.
    • Nigel - Something feels off about Nigel, for me he's currently the most wolfy. The whole "I was so sure I'd be munched" and "I have something to share if I survive" sound completely false. As does the Phil excuse he gave afterwards. I also think his high post count is a way of hiding in plain sight and creating too much noise for us to parse through. Being the highest poster and then saying you're suss of low posters is a bit dodgy too. Post #1892 reads like he's trying to pocket Katie, he credits Katie and ignores the fact that Isla had also made the same point before. Also, FWIW he was on Abigail's list before she died.
    • Nigel - That strange post (#1786 and repeated in #1801) where he asked Phil if he was a comic fan- that feels like a wolf sniffing to see if they've a role to me. Also, post #1784 where he suggests wolves trying to leave hints for each other on thread. Sounds to me like a wolf trying to communicate with the others without being too obvious. Testing the waters we'll say. He's suspicious of Nigel though, so if both wolves, they're not the same team.
    • Katie - Katie I've been banging on about since yesterday. I still think it's possible she bussed Clodagh. She wouldn't be my lynch vote for tonight right now, but I think way too many people here are just blindly believing her and I don't trust that at all.

• Nigel - Something feels off about Nigel, for me he's currently the most wolfy. The whole "I was so sure I'd be munched" and "I have something to share if I survive" sound completely false. As does the Phil excuse he gave afterwards. I also think his high post count is a way of hiding in plain sight and creating too much noise for us to parse through. Being the highest poster and then saying you're suss of low posters is a bit dodgy too. Post #1892 reads like he's trying to pocket Katie, he credits Katie and ignores the fact that Isla had also made the same point before. Also, FWIW he was on Abigail's list before she died.
    • Tegan - That strange post (#1786 and repeated in #1801) where he asked Phil if he was a comic fan- that feels like a wolf sniffing to see if they've a role to me. Also, post #1784 where he suggests wolves trying to leave hints for each other on thread. Sounds to me like a wolf trying to communicate with the others without being too obvious. Testing the waters we'll say. He's suspicious of Nigel though, so if both wolves, they're not the same team.
    • Katie - Katie I've been banging on about since yesterday. I still think it's possible she bussed Clodagh. She wouldn't be my lynch vote for tonight right now, but I think way too many people here are just blindly believing her and I don't trust that at all.

Whoops, fixed that, meant Tegan not Nigel twice!

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote:
    Katie, at the moment I'm inclined to say you are good, but can you tell us why you were so sure about Clodagh without revealing who you are?

I would also like to know these. I was suspicious but my reasons weren't good enough to go for the throat. You were convinced. You were right. But you were convinced.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

ok I actually only have two people I want to name in FFA thus far, but I'll update later for now:

#FFA2

Fiona - I feel like her posts were very confusing this morning and I generally believe that baddies thrive where confusion dwels
    Henry - I can't put my finger on it, but something seems off to me (not a great reason granted but I follow my gut)

Not included in my FFA but worthy of further analysis:
    Katie - we all know bagging a wolf doesn't clear you of being a wolf. I kind of admire her intensity tho! she seemed to really viscerally hate Clodagh!
    Jake - people suspected him yesterday, is that gone because of the mid control thing? surely kilgrave could just as easily have mind controlled a baddie as a goodie.

I'm not saying that i think these two are baddies btw, but I don't think they get a villager pass either...yet

Katie WW wrote: »
    Correct nobody is 100 percent good unless seer is confirmed and the seer clears that person as roles! But I will say their are more people well deserved a look at then me

Even at that, a seer clear doesn't clear someone forever as Joker comes into play. It does make me feel a bit better about you though that you're admitting you're not confirmed. From OP, it looks like the seer gets told the exact role and not just good/bad, so if joker can only be a vanillager (and I think that's what makes the most sense) then the seer and priest together may be able to whittle down the potential joker suspects list.

Orla WW wrote: »
    ok I actually only have two people I want to name in FFA thus far, but I'll update later for now:

#FFA2

Fiona - I feel like her posts were very confusing this morning and I generally believe that baddies thrive where confusion dwels
    Henry - I can't put my finger on it, but something seems off to me (not a great reason granted but I follow my gut)

Not included in my FFA but worthy of further analysis:
    Katie - we all know bagging a wolf doesn't clear you of being a wolf. I kind of admire her intensity tho! she seemed to really viscerally hate Clodagh!
    Jake - people suspected him yesterday, is that gone because of the mid control thing? surely kilgrave could just as easily have mind controlled a baddie as a goodie.

I'm not saying that i think these two are baddies btw, but I don't think they get a villager pass either...yet

Fair enough. I agree that there was some confusion but I think I cleared everything up? Jake is not on my suspicion list just yet because all the "baddie" things he said were as a result of the mind control and that's why most people were reading him bad - the initial fake seer claim. However, that's not clearing him as good either, he's very neutral for me right now while there are others more suspicious. I'll have a look at Henry now too.

Fiona WW wrote:
    Fair enough. I agree that there was some confusion but I think I cleared everything up? Jake is not on my suspicion list just yet because all the "baddie" things he said were as a result of the mind control and that's why most people were reading him bad - the initial fake seer claim. However, that's not clearing him as good either, he's very neutral for me right now while there are others more suspicious. I'll have a look at Henry now too.

Well, I initially read Jake as bad before he was mind controlled. I thought he was Kilgrave and I was clearly wrong so that's why I'm not pushing him further right now.

I agree with a few that Nigel looks dodgy right now. However I think we should be rustling the branches of the lower posters for the rest of the day as I'm certain there are a few of them hiding in that pile. Let's start poking!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Happy to be poked this afternoon.

Just a bit mental IRL until after lunchtime.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

However I think we should be rustling the branches of the lower posters for the rest of the day as I'm certain there are a few of them hiding in that pile. Let's start poking!

I'm near bottom of the pile, but I think this is a decent plan one often talked about and seldom delivered on. I'm happy to be poked! (but I bruise easy)

Orla WW wrote:
    I'm near bottom of the pile, but I think this is a decent plan one often talked about and seldom delivered on. I'm happy to be poked! (but I bruise easy)

I have a few names in mind, but I won't be able to put this plan into action until after work. Working off a phone here and can't look at postcounts etc so will have a look later.

Frank is definitely one I want to hear more from though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Any players on a less than 10 post count?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

This game is a full time job

• Advertisement

No.
    I have removed the low alter ego posts from this:

Nigel WW 211
    Mary WW 201
    Gertrude WW 185
    Abigail WW 130
    Steve WW 124
    Katie WW 97
    Holly WW 96
    Eva WW 81
    Phil WW 72
    Henry WW 64
    Isla WW 64
    Ewan WW 62
    Fiona WW 58
    Jake WW 56
    Wendy WW 48
    Liam WW 48
    Derry WW 39
    Barbara WW 39
    Doris WW 35
    Clodagh WW 31
    WerewolfGM 30
    Conor WW 29
    Angus WW 29
    Vernon WW 28
    Gabriel WW 25
    Tegan WW 24
    Frank WW 23
    Orla WW 20
    Riona WW 14

I have a few names in mind, but I won't be able to put this plan into action until after work. Working off a phone here and can't look at postcounts etc so will have a look later.

Frank is definitely one I want to hear more from though.

Gertie if you want to throw a few names out I might take a look at them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Fiona -
    Nigel - Something feels off about Nigel, for me he's currently the most wolfy. The whole "I was so sure I'd be munched" and "I have something to share if I survive" sound completely false. As does the Phil excuse he gave afterwards. I also think his high post count is a way of hiding in plain sight and creating too much noise for us to parse through. Being the highest poster and then saying you're suss of low posters is a bit dodgy too. Post #1892 reads like he's trying to pocket Katie, he credits Katie and ignores the fact that Isla had also made the same point before. Also, FWIW he was on Abigail's list before she died.

Your words on me above, allow me to address that.

I was sure Id be munched. Im a good egg, been playing to actively figure things out since day zero. I havent jumped on anyone yet and keeping an open mind. Ive been a vocal active poster, me thinks teh wolves would want me. Thats logical right?

I agreed way before Abby died that she was good. Misguided ? yes, wromng about me? Yes, but evil? No.

Loook through my posts, Im on the village side always trying to aid the village. I will admit I was wrong about Phil, im human. Dont hold that against me.

There are more experience players at this than me.
    Yesterday it was said that wolves are more likely to stick to their original lynch choice, villagers more likely to swing at the last minute I think?

The few games I have played it is always suggested to look at the low post count players. I have been looking since my last post saying we should look at them - and haven't discovered anything yet.
    Is it more likely they are hiding in the middle? Posting enough to stay off the radar, blend in and not look suspicious?
    I don't know! This game is too confusing!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    What's this low down Conor?

Yes about this. I was hoping to gain some more information but it didn't work out like I had planned.

My initial mud slinging was at gert, Wendy and Derry. Derry is still my number one suss as he ignored me twice which I think is somewhat telling coupled with some odd questions in some of the debates. It was initially a hunch which has continued to grow.

Liam WW wrote:
    Gertie if you want to throw a few names out I might take a look at them.

Vernon. I can't remember a single thing Vernon has said tbh which isn't a good thing.

Also Frank.

Tegan and Angus are hiding down there they need to be rustled as well

Currently I'll be voting Tegan unless anything else emerges before lynch time

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Liam WW wrote: »

In my experience, only a roled goodie or a wolf could be so sure.

I suspected she was a wolf, when she went wishy washy and jumped with the crowd at holly from Steve I had mentioned it was a known wolf thing to jump with the crowd. Then once I said that she became a lot more vocal in her "thinking out loud" .

Fwiw I still think Phil was spidey

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

• Nigel That strange post (#1786 and repeated in #1801) where he asked Phil if he was a comic fan- that feels like a wolf sniffing to see if they've a role to me. Also, post #1784 where he suggests wolves trying to leave hints for each other on thread. Sounds to me like a wolf trying to communicate with the others without being too obvious. Testing the waters we'll say. He's suspicious of Nigel though, so if both wolves, they're not the same team.

Just on the bolded part, which i assume is me and not nigel. The reason i asked if he was a comic fan was because there was no way in hell anyone who know about the characters wouldnt understand that their post appeared to be a none too subtle role claim (as opposed to 'could be read that way') basically if phil wasnt spidey,and he backed off straight away when called on it, then he was either a wolf laying breadcrumbs or an nrv,since no other roled villager would take that risk.based on his death im assuming nrv (or for the paranoid the real spidey)

Based on that id be fairly sure they killes phil because they were role hunting. Not sure then why gertie is left, i assume they believed phil more.

In terms of the messaging, i dont actually see how telling everyone that i think the wolves are messaging each other can be seen as subtle communication between wolves

Its worth looking back at who was shouting down abi last night btw. Her playstyle was somewhat polarising but id guess a wolf or two took the chance to try to get a wagon going

Conor WW wrote: »
    This game is a full time job

You said you would give reasons/"full low down" on why you appear suss?
    Is this forthcoming at any stage?

• Advertisement

Sorry Conor see you have addressed this above.

Advertisement