Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    If you take the OP literally, then the Joker will come from one of the 8 villagers who are 8 of:

Jessica Jones
    Aquaman
    Arrow
    Black Widow
    Flash
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Robin
    Superman

(the 9th being the Hulk, presumably).

Now, what's not clear is if the Joker role was assigned pre-game and now that Jessica is out of the game, and possible others if Phil and Abi were among them, will no longer be in play; or if the role will be assigned to whoever's left out of the eight whenever Harley is killed.

This does make me feel better about my assumption. It'd be handy if Phil or Abigail was the joker. I'm guessing the priest would know. Not telling them to come out obviously.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Wanted to talk about Nigel, but seeing that that's already been done, I'll move on from him. He's still in my sus list, though.

On the Joker case - would it be possible that the Joker is a specific vanillager, but if we lynch him before Harley dies, he never gets to turn? Or am I just interpreting the OP badly?

Also, it looks like I'm the lowest poster of today. I apologise if it looks like I'm unhelpful to the village at the moment, but I have had some RL stuff to deal with - currently I'm due for a deadline tomorrow at 7am. I do not want to use that to excuse myself, but I hope all of you understand me better with my clarification. I am reading all the posts in this thread though - and even that has been a struggle. But many people have been making good points (I will say who they are, of course, but I am sure they know).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    See my earlier post re nigel

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057756683/146/#post103919846

Since then he hasnt gotten less wolfey...

Your wrong Tegen. Im not sure about you being midguided or wolfie yet. Im watching

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Also, who didn't compile FFAs last night OR included Jake AND Holly on them despite the situation with Steve?

That's what I'll be looking at later

Also, who didn't compile FFAs last night OR included Jake AND Holly on them despite the situation with Steve?

That's what I'll be looking at later

Ill save you time, I picked Jake but IIRC Jake wasnt mind controlled at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Hey Nige, my thoughts on Angus above but to sumerise,

I don't feel he has made any good for the village input so far, call it a hunch if you will but would be on my ffa

Also, I see you're not to hot on me, I can assure you I have a lot to offer, I can't say anymore than that right now.
    At this moment I'm inclined to say you're a goodie, but as we all know, trust no one at this time.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    2000 posts guys , make your hands clap!

Are they wolfy hands nigel?

Others have posted decent reasoning for suspecting you and I understand it. The majority of the game I've been thinking those posts make sense but then the pro village claims jarred with me. That could be poor judgement as to you say but I really don't know.

Nigel WW wrote:
    Ill save you time, I picked Jake but IIRC Jake wasnt mind controlled at that point.

No. Not interested in that. I'm looking at those that included Jake and Holly together. That's a Wolfy move with last night going on.

I also included Jake but for my own reasons

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Oh crap! I forgot about Angus. He was my third FFA for mostly the same reasons as Liam laid out a page back. So for now I'll swap out Derry and put in Angus on my FFA.

So FFA#2
    1. Wendy
    2. Tegan
    3. Angus

Riona WW wrote: »
    Wanted to talk about Nigel, but seeing that that's already been done, I'll move on from him. He's still in my sus list, though.

On the Joker case - would it be possible that the Joker is a specific vanillager, but if we lynch him before Harley dies, he never gets to turn? Or am I just interpreting the OP badly?

Also, it looks like I'm the lowest poster of today. I apologise if it looks like I'm unhelpful to the village at the moment, but I have had some RL stuff to deal with - currently I'm due for a deadline tomorrow at 7am. I do not want to use that to excuse myself, but I hope all of you understand me better with my clarification. I am reading all the posts in this thread though - and even that has been a struggle. But many people have been making good points (I will say who they are, of course, but I am sure they know).

Yeah, we aren't sure about the joker thing yet I believe. As I said before it would be handy if they were ore assigned and were Phil or abigail.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I included Jake & Holly in my FFA yesterday, but I don't see why that should be suspicious. The FFA is about creating a top two (or three) for a race, and at the time, both were equally probably of being a baddie to me, so I thought them worth racing to the lynch. I'll admit too, that at that time I'd have voted for Jake over Holly as I'd thought Holly's initial post, with each letter capitalised, was her being the one being mind controlled. But as I said, a lot can change in a couple of hours.

As an aside, I reckon the two teams last night are anti soaps. Poor old Gail Platt and Phil Mitchell.

Riona WW wrote:

Quite happy to hear your thoughts on Nigel when you have time. I'm not for a moment suggesting we should lynch him today, we have far wolfier suspects but it helps to get input from all villagers

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Nigel, if you could share that 11 o'clock info with us now it would be great. It might even help reduce your suspicion level as opposed to not sharing it and increasing your suspicion.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Let me start by quoting the following
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    There are more experience players at this than me.
    Yesterday it was said that wolves are more likely to stick to their original lynch choice, villagers more likely to swing at the last minute I think?

The few games I have played it is always suggested to look at the low post count players. I have been looking since my last post saying we should look at them - and haven't discovered anything yet.
    Is it more likely they are hiding in the middle? Posting enough to stay off the radar, blend in and not look suspicious?
    I don't know! This game is too confusing!
    Henry WW wrote: »
    I see a lot of suspicion directed at Nigel.

I had a look through his many posts.

Here's a very brief synopsis of what I found - add anything you think I may have missed.

Lots of fluff to start but that's usual enough in the early stages.

Seemed suspicious of Abi, then wasn't then was again.

Promised some information to share after 11am but it never happened (if it did I missed it).

Suspicious of low posters. I agree that wolves can be hiding in the low post zone but so can PRs and people with RL stuff. I don't agree with targeting low posters as wolfs will also be hiding among the active posters but it's no harm to to try and get the low posters to speak up.

I can see why people are suspicious of Nigel but I don't see anything especially convincing but there is an element of dodge for me.

I also had a quick read of Frank's posts but I can see nothing incriminating there.

I don't have enough information to put forward an FFA just yet. I'll read back through a few more players first if I get a chance this afternoon.

If anyone has anything to add then please do.

I see that I'm being looked into also by a couple of players which is a good thing. Everyone should be looked into.

I hope to look at Teagan next.

I got Nigel out of the way first because of the amount of posts!

And finally
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    The quality of posting is as important as the quantity. The game has evolved. Necro old chap.

Why abigail last? Because she's dead and proven to be good.

Why is abi dead? She was munched, not lynched or shot. The wovles took abi.

I've been looking at her post and it looks like dead people can speak.

Abi is an experiencned player with plenty of common sense.
    Well she's nice we have to lynch someone and I have to do what ever it is Abigail's do I suggest a Ffa but with a twist.
    Do consider lynching Jake and Isla.
    Do consider not lynching Nigel and Gertrude.
    We should all state 4 players 2 that we suspect and 2 that we feel are appropriately trustworthy.
    First I think everyone should do the free for all then we can discuss the why's and wherefores.
    Good and bad is largley irrelevant at this early stage, we effectively have 5 teams;
    Sk1
    Sk2
    Marvel bad
    Dc bad
    Villagers

So the players that are contributing and solving the baddies are worth keeping around even if they are bad themselves. I clarified this with a later post.
    Kilgraves power is the most dangerous in the game. If I was Jessica I'd come out and ask obvious Tony to shoot me.
    It doesn't, the wolves are not after villagers they are after roles. If I was a wolf and you told me all the nrv's I a game I'd leave them till last hoping to get the enemy wolves and the roled villagers first.
    The power of being in a room with another player is handy but it's no as good a munching our seer or vig or bodyguard or priest.

Abhi liked to go testing her openents and seeing their reaction.

Testing Steve's reaction
    Go on Spidey give him the money shot.
    Testing Holly
    I'm the seer and you know I'm the seer.
    Testing Isla
    So I assume you are Diablo, he is a member of the suicide squad yet is not listed as a member ergo he will become the Joker.
    At this point in time you are a goodie called the Diablo right?

And she explains it
    It's a process Jake it's a process. Like when I tested you earlier. It's all about the reads and leans and teams and interactions.

This is what got her killed. Pushing for more and more information.

What information do we get from her.

Well she was onto holly
    Are you Finished with ideas or have you any more ?
    Who's your Ffa1

And direscts number of posts to Nigel

No, I'm afraid we kill you.
    I told ye, now kill Nigel and I'll give you another one.
    That's a nice story. Can you tell them to kill Nigel please.
    I don't want to lynch anyone, but if we have to then it should, in my opinion, be either Jake or Isla. Conversely I believe that you and Gerty would be assets to the game even if you two are bad as your problem solving skills will root out baddies at this stage either way.

Abi knows that the work she has done hasp popped her up above the rader as was prepared for it
    I think I shall leave you to your own devices as trying to structure interesting and constructive thought amongst you has hung me by my own petard it would seem.

So we have to give some thoughts to her way of thinking
    Anyway Clodagh and Nigel are correct. Isla just admitted to being Diablo
    I acually have one more but since you guys don't trust me I'll hold back.
    Their third is Isla. The first is Nigel the middle is Clodagh.
    I really have to go again, shoot them or don't, in the morning I'll be dead.
    Shoot them then then.

Thats 1 one post , could have spanned it over 20 but who needs to up their vote count to hide?

Liam WW wrote: »
    Hey Nige, my thoughts on Angus above but to sumerise,

I don't feel he has made any good for the village input so far, call it a hunch if you will but would be on my ffa

Also, I see you're not to hot on me, I can assure you I have a lot to offer, I can't say anymore than that right now.
    At this moment I'm inclined to say you're a goodie, but as we all know, trust no one at this time.

Your thoughts on Angus mirror mine about you in some ways. Ill keep an eye on you.

Eva WW wrote:
    I included Jake & Holly in my FFA yesterday, but I don't see why that should be suspicious. The FFA is about creating a top two (or three) for a race, and at the time, both were equally probably of being a baddie to me, so I thought them worth racing to the lynch. I'll admit too, that at that time I'd have voted for Jake over Holly as I'd thought Holly's initial post, with each letter capitalised, was her being the one being mind controlled. But as I said, a lot can change in a couple of hours.

I'll have to look at the timeline of when you posted your FFA but I'm actually happy with this response.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Ok there has been talk about the FFA2 for today. I'm not sure how much I can get on before 7 this evening so I'll do this now.

2. Tegan - didn't originally show up on my radar but some other posters have poked her a bit so I'm having a look. Her posts are coming across as villagery to me but there are a few that stand out as suss.

The bolded bits are odd sounding. Why were you so sure on Abigail and Nigel? And so sure that Phil and Wendy are wolves? It's a very absolute statement.

Abi and nigel were contributing. Its worth having them continue as long as they do since they either rwveal wolfey stuff of help the village. Abi is now dead but did help us, nigel is now a wolf...

Phil i already explained in an earlier post. Wendy to follow

Also this post:

Are you meta posting? Using your post to say that -wolves are posting to each other- to actually post a message to the wolves? Ugh my brain hurts. I actually think I'm reaching a lot here.
    No im pointing out how obviously dangerous/ useful to wolves the statements some players werw making could be
    This is completely out of nothing. She says that she thought Phil was hinting at a roll but I don't see anything out of the ordinary in his post so I don't know what she's getting at here. I've no clue what role Phil could've been claiming.
    He talked about his ****ing senses tingling!! Hello spider senses, anyone. Jesus christ if youre really saying you dont see that then i really worry about you and what side youre on

Oh, hang on, i do worry about what side youre on....
    3. Derry - again not a lot to this. Their posts seem a bit wishy washy. There's not much of substance there. Few questions, few statements but nothing much to go on.

Derry.now theres an interesting one. Hes popped up in a few peopme post and im beginnig to wonder if someone hasnt started to load a bus....

Mary WW wrote: »
    Yeah, we aren't sure about the joker thing yet I believe. As I said before it would be handy if they were ore assigned and were Phil or abigail.

Ah, didn't see that when I was typing up my post. I hope we'll know soon though. This unsureness doesn't sit well with me. But if the mods are unwilling to let us know (you like to watch us squirm, don't cha), I'm more inclined to believe that we're on the right path and they're just messing with us.

Reasonably happy with Angus responding there actually. Not just defending himself like Tegan. I may be swayed yet on including Angus in my FFA

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    Let me start by quoting the following Abi

Reading thorugh her posts last night initialy I thought it was wolfie, but I soon came round to her being good.

I dont beleive she was the seer though, they are still with us me thinks

I agree with Angus that quality is important. There is need for quantity also though. I like a nice blend of the two.

The thing I didn't get about gail was the surety that isla was a wolf. She may be, but the reasoning seemed flawed. As soon as I read the diablo thing I quoted the op to refute it. I just wasn't the first to read it. There were four or so of us who replied very quickly there. So she could be right about isla but I didn't buy the reason.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

He talked about his ****ing senses tingling!! Hello spider senses, anyone. Jesus christ if youre really saying you dont see that then i really worry about you and what side youre on
    Originally Posted by Phil WW viewpost.gif
    Morning all. Ah Gertie you're Spiderman, I
    thought you were someone else. I see my ability to suss things out is still
    going strong. I won't have as much time today - at least I shouldn't if I want
    to continue as a gainfully employed superhero - but I wanted to throw a few
    things out before I get called into a rescue pacman.gif

My FFA yesterday was Katie, Wendy and Jake. Wendy I've
    removed for being helpful. Jake I thought was Kilgrave, Holly was Kilgrave, ergo
    Jake must come off my suspect list for now. Which leaves Katie and I can't shake
    my suspicions. She accused me of making a role claim which, again, I didn't
    mean to make but I will acknowledge could be read as such. I wonder now if she'd
    spotted Gertie's trail (I haven't gone back and looked at the timings as I'm
    pressed for time right now) and thought I was a baddie making a move OR if she
    is a baddie and called me out on it in order to make clear the real spiderman.
    The call out is what has me most suspicious because I saw some things yesterday
    but I didn't draw attention to them. As far as I'm concerned, there is no need
    to spell everything out and do the wolves' work for them.

Now having
    said all of that, Katie could well be a frustrated goodie and my lean on them is
    only 60/40. For today, I'm going to try to look among the low-mid level posters
    and see what I can see.

That's Phil's post where you ask him if he's a superhero fan. Where does it say that his senses are tingling?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Reading thorugh her posts last night initialy I thought it was wolfie, but I soon came round to her being good.

She did say
    I'm not the seer. I did get one of my wolves from the seer one gave himself willingly and the third simply blurted it out.

It was used to flusg somebody else

One thing is I was easily confused by her posts, still am if Im honest

Riona WW wrote: »
    Ah, didn't see that when I was typing up my post. I hope we'll know soon though. This unsureness doesn't sit well with me. But if the mods are unwilling to let us know (you like to watch us squirm, don't cha), I'm more inclined to believe that we're on the right path and they're just messing with us.

I reckon we might be. I believe that the joker will be randomly assigned amongst remaining villagers at the time of harleys death. Or was assigned if clodagh was harley.

Yep, obviously I'm gonna look back myself but those posts from Frank were good.

Angus and Tegan will definitely be in my FFA. Not sure on the third yet.

Gertie this is ****ing exhausting tbh. Ive explained pretty much all my posts to you and everyone else and wasted time i could have used wolf hunting dealing with you. Youre too myopic to actually listen to whats been said so read what ive posted up to now and then vote however the hell you like. Im through justifying my position, ive given my view on the wolves, **** it i gave them early yesterday and no one even chirped at the time.

In fact race me with someone, pick whoever you want, im through wasting my time with someone whos too blinkered and who is actually slowing the village down with their tunnel vision

Quite happy to hear your thoughts on Nigel when you have time. I'm not for a moment suggesting we should lynch him today, we have far wolfier suspects but it helps to get input from all villagers

You can - but you've probably heard them before.

His whole gig of going 'guys I'm a high poster I'm contributing so much that I am a possible munch candidate, so I'll only let you know about my thoughts if I live' feels like he's trying to 'subtly' (though not so subtle) convince us that he's town, especially after all the suspicions thrown at him from yesterday.

And suspecting Phil after Phil gets munched is *awfully* convenient. I don't want to tunnel here, but I will point that out. My suspicion is slightly lightened by him showing the post he wanted to use to accuse Phil, but only slightly because it doesn't read like something that had a lot of sound reason. It is still a possibility that he had it typed up after that got on fire.

And from then on he hasn't really done anything that really helps his case at the moment. Will keep looking though.

Gertie this is ****ing exhausting tbh. Ive explained pretty much all my posts to you and everyone else and wasted time i could have used wolf hunting dealing with you. Youre too myopic to actually listen to whats been said so read what ive posted up to now and then vote however the hell you like. Im through justifying my position, ive given my view on the wolves, **** it i gave them early yesterday and no one even chirped at the time.

In fact race me with someone, pick whoever you want, im through wasting my time with someone whos too blinkered and who is actually slowing the village down with their tunnel vision

Oh and pay attention to the wolves circling this particular bandwagon up to now

• Advertisement

Tegan WW wrote:
    Oh and pay attention to the wolves circling this particular bandwagon up to now

I am paying attention. Don't worry about that. You see my issue with you is you haven't provided anything concrete for the village to work with.

It's all 'Katie is a wolf' (example) and following others leads without providing anything that hasn't been said by others already.

As I said, my vote is on you currently but that may very well change when I get home and do some sleuthing myself.

Advertisement