Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Mary WW wrote:
    So this would sort of abandon the FFA idea. Now the FFA might lead to this race. What do you think? I'm okay with racing Nigel, Tegan and Isla but I'd rather do it if they were the top three on FFA.

Yeah that's kinda why I feel bad bringing it up. I think they're going to be my top 3 anyways as it's something I'd like to test.

What say we try the FFA, if we get most in we'll do it that way, if we don't get enough we race the three I suggested?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Actually, good point and left field thinking here. What if clodagh killed herself trying to hit the captain?i.e. they were viper and tried to get a shot off because they thought they were nabbed

It dont fit.

One member of the village couldn't take the slaughter any more. Through the mist he emerged, wielding a gun. "I told you I don't want to join your super secret boyband" he muttered, turning the gun on his mark.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Nigel ,

no nore Nigel bashing for the moment but a serious question.

Why do you value Barbara's opinion so much. Your mantra is basically trust nobody ( which i agree with btw). but what your are saying is trust nobody except babs

To me it looks like Barbara is not putting in any effort into the game. Yeah she's our only confirmed hope of winning at the moment and we are on the way to a win if we keeep her alive, but what has she done to make her opinion any greater than anbody else.

Yes she is making a choice that she thinks is for the good of the village but an ill-informed choice is just a fecking useless as a choclate teapot.

Dont blindly follower her, make sure that her reason is clear and sound. Then we might all follower her.

Ive answered this already over a few posts to which I was at first happy to follow, but after hearing posts saying I shouldnt I gone back to following my gut,

I was initially happy to go with her based on the fact she is a good confimred villager and that alone. I feel I could at least trust her intentions even if her judgment was wrong. Thats fair right.

But with her not being active and the Steve debacle last night, which Gertie reminded me of, Im less inclined to follow her now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

True. No we haven't got the vote count yet? What are your thoughts on a Nigel/Tegan/Isla race this evening.

It might seem like I'm superceding the FFA but Nigel and Tegan are going to end up there anyways in any likelihood. I want to test Abi's theory on Isla as well.

I'm okay with Nigel being there. I'm uncertain about them. Tegan still hasn't given all their reasons, I believe.

Isla I'm not completely on board with because of Abi's reason which I didn't buy then and I still don't even though Gail was good.

Having said that I'd rather a three way race than a two way.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

What say you about putting the three up then alongside FFA style? Tegan will end up there going on current FFAs and I want to see if Abi was onto something

Racing three dilutes the votes and makes it easier for wolves disperse votes. Aside from that, I've no real issue with three in the race.

The upside is it gives more choice in voting especially for any villager who is not convinced of either in a two man race.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's kinda why I feel bad bringing it up. I think they're going to be my top 3 anyways as it's something I'd like to test.

What say we try the FFA, if we get most in we'll do it that way, if we don't get enough we race the three I suggested?

Fair enough Gertrude. What time do you reckon we need to make up our minds by? 7?

Mary WW wrote:
    Fair enough Gertrude. What time do you reckon we need to make up our minds by? 7?

Yeah. Set deadline for 7. Compile FFAs if we have enough. The candidates then have up until the lynch to take the floor and defend themselves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Having the info from the FFA in terms of who votes for who is also going to be valuable after today.

#FFA2

Nigel - confusing posts, deflecting (basically angus's post)
    Tegan - this post is where i first see him start to bandwagon against 2 of the other suspects(which is funny as thats what he accuses Isla of)
    Orla - looking back over her posts, there is a lot of parrot talk and giving advice on rule interpretations, but i dont know if she has helped much. Its not much to go on, but Nigel is my solid nomination anyways.

Yeah. Set deadline for 7. Compile FFAs if we have enough. The candidates then have up until the lynch to take the floor and defend themselves.

Sounds good to me Gertrude.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I think it's a bit early to call off the FFA over half the living players haven't posted one, so I think it's too early to call in one direction or another. I think we can make a call on it at 7pm. But most people are in work now so won't have had a chance.

living player list for ref

Ewan WW -

Doris WW -

Conor WW -

Barbara WW -

Henry WW -

Orla WW -

Frank WW -

Eva WW -

Katie WW -

Liam WW -

Derry WW -

Vernon WW -

Jake WW -

Wendy WW -

Isla WW -

Nigel WW -

Angus WW -

Gabriel WW -

Fiona WW -

Gertrude WW -

Tegan WW -

Mary WW -

Riona WW -

The following have completed FFA2 apologies if I missed anyone

Henry
    Fiona
    Orla
    Eva
    Isla
    Vernon
    Ewan
    Gabriel
    Nigel

• Advertisement

Guys, Im an open book.

I will admit my poor judgment this morning caused me to lose credibility. I wrongly accused Phil and selfishly only would give my idea on him after the munch.

Bad calls. And I understand I look dodge as a result. I accept being part of a race and its fine.

That being said I am good and I will gladly fall on my sword for my own errors if needs be.

That said, Im racing against Isla and Tegen.

Tegen - I suspect him most of all, but in truth I dont know if hes wolf. I dont feel confident enough to say hes wolf for sure, but hes the best Ive got. If its him or me, Id rather it be him obviously and I will gladly try persude people to vote for him rather than me.

Isla - Im suss of her as I am of others. Tegen is way ahead of her on my list. But again if its her or me, I will do my best to live on as I know who I am and I am good. I just need peopel to look past my errors earlier and accept tah I am good.

Bring on the Race!

Orla WW wrote:
    I think it's a bit early to call off the FFA over half the living players haven't posted one, so I think it's too early to call in one direction or another. I think we can make a call on it at 7pm. But most people are in work now so won't have had a chance.

Yep, 7pm is fine by me. I'll get mine up probably around five or so getting ready to head home from work in 7 mins.

Orla WW wrote: »

living player list for ref

Ewan WW -

Doris WW -

Conor WW -

Barbara WW -

Henry WW -

Orla WW -

Frank WW -

Eva WW -

Katie WW -

Liam WW -

Derry WW -

Vernon WW -

Jake WW -

Wendy WW -

Isla WW -

Nigel WW -

Angus WW -

Gabriel WW -

Fiona WW -

Gertrude WW -

Tegan WW -

Mary WW -

Riona WW -

The following have completed FFA2 apologies if I missed anyone

Henry
    Fiona
    Orla
    Eva
    Isla
    Vernon
    Ewan
    Gabriel
    Nigel

I think an FFA is necessary, and 7 should give people time after work. I reckon if we get 5/6 more we have enough as that'd be over half the people. Obviously more would be preferable.

Wait is Tegen a girls name......Ive been calling her "HE" all game!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Three-i also explained phil. Wendy and isla outstanding

But isla is a wolf :)

Why are you so certain on Isla? Is it because Abi said so, or do you have reasons of your own?

Nigel WW wrote: »

It is indeed Nigel. Welsh I believe.

Yeah have you never watched home and away like?!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    I have not made one crumb at all by me. And why would Phil silence her to stop herself defending her point? He could of bound me either

Hmm. see, I believe Gertie, not you. Gertie, is alive, and can add clarity, but i believe Gertie just wanted some peace and quiet to think. unfortunately, I think she silenced a very good player who was onto you, Katie. Why are you trying to muddy gerties claim. Her voice will he heard no matter how much you insist that a dead person did the deed.
    also, nrv = spiderman and also equals batman , at this point in time, so you should have now motive for refuting Gerties claim.

That both you and nigel now taking advantage of phils death.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Hmm. see, I believe Gertie, not you. Gertie, is alive, and can add clarity, but i believe Gertie just wanted some peace and quiet to think. unfortunately, I think she silenced a very good player who was onto you, Katie. Why are you trying to muddy gerties claim. Her voice will he heard no matter how much you insist that a dead person did the deed.
    also, nrv = spiderman and also equals batman , at this point in time, so you should have now motive for refuting Gerties claim.

That both you and nigel now taking advantage of phils death.

I would have been better of staying quiet in hindsight if I was a wolf.

It was bad judgment on my part. Im still learning

Orla WW wrote: »
    Yeah have you never watched home and away like?!!

Im an Eastenders fan!

• Advertisement

Im an Eastenders fan!

Corrie myself.

I wanna note, Tegs and Isla have gone fairly quiet.

I know Im good, but you guys dont. But its either me or them. And I have to discredit them as they are potential wolves and I know Im good.

I wanna note, Tegs and Isla have gone fairly quiet.

I know Im good, but you guys dont. But its either me or them. And I have to discredit them as they are potential wolves and I know Im good.

Well they do know they are good, if they are good.

Mary WW wrote: »
    Well they do know they are good, if they are good.

Oh sorry, you meant that you know you are good, but we don't know that you are good. Misread that.

But its either me or them. And I have to discredit them as they are potential wolves and I know Im good.

Nope. It's the village or the evils.

You say it's either you or them but they could also be villagers. You can't simply discredit other players to save yourself unless your team is much smaller than our village team.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

If she was then we could have more trouble ahead if shes doom. 2 kills tomorrow for MV.

I think shes either Viper or Loki, time will tell (tomorrow morning)

Since you're here Nigel, help me answer this question. I remembered you made a post like this when someone mentioned Viper a while back and I went back to look for it. What was your thought process here? Why eliminate all the other potential wolves and SK and narrow it down to Viper or Loki?

Henry WW wrote: »
    Nope. It's the village or the evils.

You say it's either you or them but they could also be villagers. You can't simply discredit other players to save yourself unless your team is much smaller than our village team.

I actually read from it that Nigel was more villagery. I think a wolf might try and discredit one rather than both of the others.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Having the info from the FFA in terms of who votes for who is also going to be valuable after today.

Orla - looking back over her posts, there is a lot of parrot talk and giving advice on rule interpretations, but i dont know if she has helped much. Its not much to go on, but Nigel is my solid nomination anyways.

Parrot talk?!! Well F you pal! this game is a nightmare to keep up with, I try posting my thoughts and then by the time I do a million other posts appear!

Mary WW wrote: »
    I actually read from it that Nigel was more villagery. I think a wolf might try and discredit one rather than both of the others.

Yes. That could also be the case. Easier to battle one that two, I suppose.

• Advertisement

Out of the two of them, Tegen is who i choose. He was fairly quiet yesterday but interjected when it suited him yday.

Then today, I make an a bad call and he sees his chance to jump right on it as Wolfie.
    I suspect you just might wolfey....

No subtle questions, no hesitation.... just in for the kill, seeing his moment to accuse me. I wouldnt ahve done taht if I was a villager, Id be more inquizitive first before making a snap judgement (an incorrect one too). Thats why hes top of my list. But I didnt throw shade back, I waited and watched how others quizzed me. Ive answered all my questions honestly without throwing shade on anyone bar Liam on my FFA.

Now I think hes wolf, he then posts more shade on me and Isla (Isla ive no read on either way, Im suss but not enough suss to accuse)
    Nope i really just want to lynch you and nigel

Arr you on the same team or in separate rooms btw

Thats directed at Isla

Its not the accusations, its the way he was so openly accusing so fast. He wants the village to get others. Hes the Wolf

I couldnt care less about Isla.

Advertisement