Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Right, I'm home and ready to rock. Let's do this thing!

#FFA2

1. Tegan: My reasons are quite a few for Tegan but the main one is the list she posted at stupid o'clock in the morning last night. Now, I get people are more active at night, that is fine. But it seemed like a drive by list with some names that other people found fishy being tossed on it. I know she has explained a number of those names, I'm going to read back but it still strikes as me trying to be helpful without actually being so.

2. Nigel: I've been mulling this over in my mind for the last six hours or so. I had good vibes about Nigel, I think I still do. But his flip flopping on the vote, voting Steve (fine), switching to Holly (also fine), but then flipping back again has me uneasy. Also, the reveal after the munch...eeesh. Racing Nigel will gain a lot of information even if I'm not convinced yet that voting for him is the right course of action.

3. Isla: This is a tough one. I've mentioned a couple of names throughout the day, some I was serious, others I was just rattling cages. But Isla has been accused directly of being a wolf now by two different people. One is Abigail, who is now dead and was proven good. The other is Tegan. I'm not convinced on the evidence, but if two people are shouting wolf and one is good... this is why I want these three raced tonight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Nope. It's the village or the evils.

You say it's either you or them but they could also be villagers. You can't simply discredit other players to save yourself unless your team is much smaller than our village team.

True, but Im village and I know it. So if thats teh case, its village v village v village.

Ill let you be the judge.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Right, I'm home and ready to rock. Let's do this thing!

#FFA2

1. Tegan: My reasons are quite a few for Tegan but the main one is the list she posted at stupid o'clock in the morning last night. Now, I get people are more active at night, that is fine. But it seemed like a drive by list with some names that other people found fishy being tossed on it. I know she has explained a number of those names, I'm going to read back but it still strikes as me trying to be helpful without actually being so.

2. Nigel: I've been mulling this over in my mind for the last six hours or so. I had good vibes about Nigel, I think I still do. But his flip flopping on the vote, voting Steve (fine), switching to Holly (also fine), but then flipping back again has me uneasy. Also, the reveal after the munch...eeesh. Racing Nigel will gain a lot of information even if I'm not convinced yet that voting for him is the right course of action.

3. Isla: This is a tough one. I've mentioned a couple of names throughout the day, some I was serious, others I was just rattling cages. But Isla has been accused directly of being a wolf now by two different people. One is Abigail, who is now dead and was proven good. The other is Tegan. I'm not convinced on the evidence, but if two people are shouting wolf and one is good... this is why I want these three raced tonight.

These are all very well made points.

I wasnt the only one who flip flopped, Gerty and I had good reason to. You yourself started teh flip flop

In the end I went with the safe bet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    No subtle questions, no hesitation.... just in for the kill, seeing his moment to accuse me. I wouldnt ahve done taht if I was a villager, Id be more inquizitive first before making a snap judgement

Its not the accusations, its the way he was so openly accusing so fast. He wants the village to get others.

While I do think that Nigel is dodgy, he does have a point in what he says above.

• Advertisement

While I do think that Nigel is dodgy, he does have a point in what he says above.

Sorry what? Im Nigel

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

#FFA2

Liam WW -
    Derry WW -
    Vernon WW -

Sorry what? Im Nigel

Ignore that, i get ya

I wasnt the only one who flip flopped, Gerty and I had good reason to. You yourself started teh flip flop

Yep, and it's probably not fair to single you out for that. But considering this morning's actions I feel I have no choice but to put you forward. I'm not convinced on voting you by a longshot though.

Sorry what? Im Nigel

Your post #2221 about Tegan being so quick to call wolf. I think you have a point.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

To be fair to Nigel here. He is correct, you did say a number of times you were becoming unsure. I remember telling you more than once to stay the course. I know that you voted for Holly in the end but you were openly saying you were no longer sure of yourself.

Your post #2221 about Tegan being so quick to call wolf. I think you have a point.

I would be inclined to agree. I want to give Tegan the platform to defend themselves without shouting wolf, wolf at everyone as well.

Conor, any reasoning for your FFA??? Seems a bit left field, not that I have a problem with that or anything but some evidence would be helpful.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

Liam WW -
    Derry WW -
    Vernon WW -

Have you reasons to go with those names Conor?

I agree with you on other things Gertrude. Nigel has come up with some possible explanations for them.

Mary WW wrote: »
    To be fair to Nigel here. He is correct, you did say a number of times you were becoming unsure. I remember telling you more than once to stay the course. I know that you voted for Holly in the end but you were openly saying you were no longer sure of yourself.

I agree. But that coupled with this morning has left me with no choice. Plus, this is the race that in my opinion will garner us the most information this evening.

Conor WW wrote: »

Liam WW -
    Derry WW -
    Vernon WW -

I do appreciate that you've done the FFA but some reasons might be nice here.

Yep, and it's probably not fair to single you out for that. But considering this morning's actions I feel I have no choice but to put you forward. I'm not convinced on voting you by a longshot though.

Thats fair, just putting my reasoning out there for said Flip Flop. I was open about it. Gerty, your self wanted the risk. I get good vibes off you so I went with it. Paniced and went with Steve to be safe.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

OK so, whats a FFA and how does it work.

I'm probably wrong but it look likes like a we all throw out 3 names we would like to lynch and then what ?

I dont have 1 name to lynch, let alone 3 and i'd find it hard to think that all of you have 3 either.

I've been on to nigel all day and i still wouldnt lynch him quiet yet.

I agree. But that coupled with this morning has left me with no choice. Plus, this is the race that in my opinion will garner us the most information this evening.

Fair enough Gertrude and as I've said I think Nigel is questionable so I'm not against his racing just want to make sure the reasoning is solid.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Im sorry but this is the issue and, i think, why Nigel is up......Nigel has made so many points and put forward so many theories that one or two were bound to sound right.

I can see it his way that he is just trying to help and made a couple of mistakes etc etc but that really does sound like an excuse for posting confusing stuff and deflecting from conversations others were having, usually about him.

• Advertisement

Before I sign off until later, I'll update my FFA2

#FFA2
    1. Nigel
    1. Tegan
    3. Isa

You'll note that both Nigel are in first place because I can't make up my mind just now. I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of Tegan at the moment. Hopefully I'll get a chance to reread before voting.

Mary WW wrote: »

Gerty messaged at 8:55 hes was changing, I paniced and changed at 8:58 to Steve and was open about it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I would have been better of staying quiet in hindsight if I was a wolf.

It was bad judgment on my part. Im still learning

If you had villager spirit, you would have posted your evidence as close to 10am as possible, got the information out to the village in case you were eaten.
    What use is all that info you have complied on your desk if you are dead. 11am is that bad call. saying you have info and posting it at 9:59 is the way to do it in future.

Note to self. Don't fall for dumb acting? He has played game before.

Angus WW wrote: »

I'm probably wrong but it look likes like a we all throw out 3 names we would like to lynch and then what ?

I dont have 1 name to lynch, let alone 3 and i'd find it hard to think that all of you have 3 either.

Basically, we each select the three we have found the most dodgy and provide reasons for doing so by 7pm tonight. The results are correlated and the three with the most votes have until the lynch to convince us either way.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

In honesty, i acted the same as Nigel yesterday in the vote. I went from Steve to Holly to Steve due to the uncertainty and wanting to pick the safe option. Its more his behavior since that i dont like.

It's 3 people you find questionable. Then we calculate everyone's top three and see who appears in the most. The three of these are then raced for the lynch. If you have people you want to lynch then you put them in your FFA. If not, you put in people you have doubts about.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    If you had villager spirit, you would have posted your evidence as close to 10am as possible, got the information out to the village in case you were eaten.
    What use is all that info you have complied on your desk if you are dead. 11am is that bad call. saying you have info and posting it at 9:59 is the way to do it in future.

Note to self. Don't fall for dumb acting? He has played game before.

I have palyed the game before, Im no rookie, but I was never as active as I am now. I made a bad call, I cant say anything more than that. I see your reasoning in hinsight.

While not a rookie, Im still not a pro either. Always learning

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

We all name 3 people and the top 2 (or possibly 3) are raced, people will always have stronger reasoning on 1/2 of their nominees

Im the only one here answering too.

Is Tegen plotting stuff in a backroom or just out of ideas?

• Advertisement

Gerty messaged at 8:55 hes was changing, I paniced and changed at 8:58 to Steve and was open about it

I said I was wavering. I never actually changed. But yes, I get your point. I want to get across to you that unless some absolute and irrefutable evidence comes to light between now and 9pm, I cannot see myself voting for you tonight.

But, given your actions I feel we need to push you forward to defend yourself.

Kangaroo court in action, bruv:p

Advertisement