Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Henry why do you have Isla on your FFA?

You probably missed my weak explanation due to the volume of posts.

I stated that it was only a gut feeling - something makes me feel uneasy but I can't back it up. It's more to have a third name on the FFA than anything.

At the moment I still tied between Nigel and Tegan. I'll have to decide but I'll wait to see what develops, if anything between now and lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Where was this alluded to? Don't know how I would have alluded to this as I don't have one.
    Would my inclusion on this be because I have you top of my FFA by any chance?
    I know you did point out my reasons for you also point to Derry and I have yet to look at Derry's posts. But your new FFA including me because I have you on mine just strengthens my belief that you are a wolf.

Wasn't aware of this, so no

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    My name rhyming with hairy would make more sense than that.

Mary Wins WW14 with that line.... zing

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Ok, Katie asked me to look at Vernon and, if I'm being honest I'm not seeing anything but consistency as far as he's concerned.

First quote is after Katie goes after Phil for apparently claiming Spiderman:
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    You pointing it out makes it obvious! otherwise, not so much! Anti-village move?

Second is his first FFA. Names Jake, Katie and Nigel and provides reasons.
    #FFA1

Jake. i think he is Kilgrave if not Jake then holly. I think she might be Kilgrave.

Katie. Seemed to be fishing for roles. Points out that people have left 'subtle' clues, in her first post, that she can read. #145
    Nigel. for day 0 issue with low posters #82 Really, #82!

Vernon comes back in the evening and again goes after Katie who is asking Iron Man to shoot Clodagh.
    You have been asking iron man to make shots. What makes you any different, except for your knowledge of these other villages in other dimensions?

Final post last night.
    Okay, just before I go to bed. My third suspect is Wendy.
    so revised ffa is

wendy
    katie
    jake.

Good night all

Vernon comes on today and is straight in with an FFA. His views haven't changed that much and he's been consistent in his suspicions.
    Wow. This game moves fast.

#FFA2

Katie. Will need to read back the exchange between you and Abigale last night.
    At one stage, abi had trust in you, but something you said irked her, then she says "i wish you hadn't done that"
    shortly afterwards, she is silenced by spiderman. I think that abi would have made a case against you and to gain villager points you bussed a teammate. This would make you a valuable team member (this needs more review)
    Also, by my count, you've made 3 different claims so far. Why do this unless you are bread-crumbing for whichever you eventually claim openly.

Nigel. you had slipped off my ffa last night, but welcome back to it. your whole, if I survive the munch is suspicious.

jake. Ignoring everything from "I am seer" <-> until 10pm, i still have a weird vibe from you.

So, lots has changed, but i'm back to were i was yesterday at this time.

In conclusion, I can see why you're getting upset Katie but I have to say Vernon has been solid in his reasoning. I am not saying I necessarily agree with him, and I'm certainly not clearing him but to be fair, he has been very consistent which is a lot more than I can say for others, probably including myself.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

can someone post a player list and who is dead, and good/bad/etc. want to look at interactions with baddies after work. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I have a lot of catching up to do again, i will read back and post up my ffa

I did notice that abigail was munched which is interesting considering the commotion she had caused last night. Would it not have made sense for the baddies to keep such a person around to help confuse things or did she hit a nerve somewhere.

Phil was also killed but was that because they thought he had a role or is there more to it i wonder. I will go back on phils posts after i do my ffa.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Just caught up.
    Riona WW wrote: »
    At this point in time, I don't think we should be following Barbara on the lynch today. She doesn't seem to have been around much on D1 and I don't see her here much today either. She could be confirmed, but there is a distinction between confirmed role and good judgment. Also, there are fair suspects being discussed right now. I'm not even sure who she would lynch today. Unless she has some insight to share from Jessica. Do you, Barbara? And why are you so eager to follow her at this point, Nigel?
    Just wanted to restate this point coz I thought it was well made. Barbara may be a confirmed villager, but that doesn't mean we have to follow everything she says.
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Actually, good point and left field thinking here. What if clodagh killed herself trying to hit the captain?i.e. they were viper and tried to get a shot off because they thought they were nabbed
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    Cloadagh could have been Viper potentially
    Tegan and Nigel spring the Clodagh Viper theory very close to each other, but I thought it was very obvious it was a shot from Batman. Possible collusion? Both are still on my FFA for the reasons I gave, but Nigel is wolfier.
    Wait is Tegen a girls name......Ive been calling her "HE" all game!
    :pac: Whoops, me too!

Conor WW wrote: »
    Actually I'm gonna change mine after remembering I took notes on day 1

#FFA2

Derry - has been consistently ignoring that I've pointing at them. Could be a scared newbie who doesn't know what to do. I've been there myself.
    Fiona - alluded to having a backroom, basically stab in the dark
    Ewan - alluded to having a backroom, basically stab in the dark
    Where in the name of jebus did I allude to having a backroom. Loving the fact that I'm on your FFA for alluding to having a backroom, and for Ewans FFA for "not knowing backrooms exist".
    Vote Tegen guys, hes the wolfiest between us 3.

FFIW ive no read on Isla yet. Far from confirmed good.
    At least you're a dedicated wolf, I'll give you that. But "wolfiest between us 3" isn't villager logic IMO. Villager logic is trying to find actually wolves, not just saving your own pelt. When did you start suspecting Tegen, when was your first post on thread about it?
    Katie WW wrote: »
    I have said it a thousand times( not really) if harley was dead it would be moronic of the priest not to say it as their is an apprentice
    This is actually an excellent point. So we should assume no harley for now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

You have replied to this post already on thread?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    can someone post a player list and who is dead, and good/bad/etc. want to look at interactions with baddies after work. thanks

Abigail - killed by Suicide Squad - good
    Brendán - dead - not relevant as was not a player
    Clodagh - shot by Batman - baddie
    Derry
    Eva
    Frank
    Gertrude - claimed Spiderman - uncontested thus far but unconfirmed
    Henry
    Isla
    Jake
    Katie
    Liam
    Mary
    Nigel
    Orla
    Phil - killed by Marvel villains - goodie
    Riona
    Steve - lynched by village - goodie (Jessica Jones)
    Tegan
    Vernon
    Wendy
    Angus
    Barbara - Luke Cage as confirmed by dead Steve (Jessica Jones)
    Conor
    Doris
    Ewan
    Fiona
    Gabriel
    Holly - dead because of Jessica/Steve's death - Kilgrave (baddie)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Mary Wins WW14 with that line.... zing

I'll take my trophy and be off. Thanks :)

Enjoy the rest of the game folks.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Wendy WW wrote: »

Ewan WW -
    Doris WW -
    Conor WW -
    Barbara WW -
    Henry WW -
    Orla WW -
    Frank WW -
    Eva WW -
    Katie WW -
    Liam WW -
    Holly WW - Bad
    Derry WW -
    Abigail WW - Good
    Vernon WW -
    Jake WW -
    Wendy WW -
    Isla WW -
    Nigel WW -
    Angus WW -
    Gabriel WW -
    Fiona WW -
    Gertrude WW -
    Tegan WW -
    Mary WW -
    Phil WW - Good
    Clodagh WW - Bad
    Steve WW - Jessica
    Riona WW -
    Brendan WW - fictional?

Fiona - My Cloadagh being the voper wasnt based on it being batman, it was obs batman. I just say it could have been her who got killed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Ewan WW -
    Doris WW -
    Conor WW -
    Barbara WW -
    Henry WW -
    Orla WW -
    Frank WW -
    Eva WW -
    Katie WW -
    Liam WW -
    Holly WW - Bad
    Derry WW -
    Abigail WW - Good
    Vernon WW -
    Jake WW -
    Wendy WW -
    Isla WW -
    Nigel WW -
    Angus WW -
    Gabriel WW -
    Fiona WW -
    Gertrude WW -
    Tegan WW -
    Mary WW -
    Phil WW - Good
    Clodagh WW - Bad
    Steve WW - Jessica
    Riona WW -
    Brendan WW - fictional?

Parrott-Bird.jpg

:D:D

Fiona WW wrote: »

At least you're a dedicated wolf, I'll give you that. But "wolfiest between us 3" isn't villager logic IMO. Villager logic is trying to find actually wolves, not just saving your own pelt. When did you start suspecting Tegen, when was your first post on thread about it?

Ill address this now before I leave work and switch to mobile.

Its a poor choice of words. Nothing more than that. I am working for the village and to everyone else, its 3 unknowns. Between us 3, I would vote for Tegen before myself if I was another poster.

But sure, i would say that.

I started suspecting as soon as he called me a wolf. I said nothing, waiting to see how others reacted and how he would continue to act until my FFA

This is fair enough. I pointed the finger early on to try and get a reaction and I did get one. Nothing was obvious. People talk a lot of **** on day 1. I will deflect by saying all your criticisms of me are also true of Derry but he has yet to properly defend himself. I think this the fourth time I've called him out. I read through his posts and its pure token-ism. He stinks of a green player unsure of how to proceed under criticism. Its exactly how I've reacted myself in alternate universes :pac:

I'm finding it really difficult to keep up with this game tbh

#FFA2

Derry - has been consistently ignoring that I've pointing at them. Could be a scared newbie who doesn't know what to do. I've been there myself.

Can someone else please take a look at Conor's posts?
    His last post prior to him posting the FFA was a reply to my FFA, which he supposedly wasn't aware of.
    He states the reason both Fiona and I are on his list is for alluding to a back room. I have Fiona on my list because of discussion of a back room - but it is because she pretended she didn't know of the existence of a back room, not alluding to one.
    He has not provided the posts where either of us have supposedly alluded to a back room either.
    I think he is being very clever in posting just enough to keep under the radar but it is mostly fluff and not helpful at all. He is also being very careful to keep out of the Nigel/Teagan/Isla discussion - again staying under the radar.

Is it just me that can see all this?!?!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    F**k right off internet. I posted a fairly big summary of stuff and it internet crashed!!!

Here's my notes without explanation so I can pickup later

Concern with following one person - last game led us to ruin
    Katie could be on Harley team. Sacrifice Clodagh to get joker?!
    Angus big post - lots of quotes - possible editing of quotes to suit narrative? 1.24pm
    Nigel "but if barb says so I am game" easily follow Barbara
    Tegan and Katie bad- working together?
    Feels bit like one wolf team attacking another
    Wolves targeting rolled players?
    Gabriel trusts Katie - nailing flag to her
    Mary- too pally with Katie and endorse Barbara
    Could Nigel be Harley? If I survive the munch!

Hi Doris, Can you do an FFA please. List out your most supisious 3 , not necessarily ranked as some others have done. and tag put hash ffa2 on it so can be found easily.

Sorry Ewan, I'll be back and check Conor's posts in a moment. I think I've found something and I'm building my case at the moment

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Fiona - My Cloadagh being the voper wasnt based on it being batman, it was obs batman. I just say it could have been her who got killed
    I'm sorry what? You literally said "Cloadagh could have been Viper potentially".
    I quoted that exactly in my wall post above.
    Ill address this now before I leave work and switch to mobile.

Its a poor choice of words. Nothing more than that. I am working for the village and to everyone else, its 3 unknowns. Between us 3, I would vote for Tegen before myself if I was another poster.

But sure, i would say that.

I started suspecting as soon as he called me a wolf. I said nothing, waiting to see how others reacted and how he would continue to act until my FFA
    You've had a fair few occasions of poor choices of words in this game if that's the case. You say you're working for the village but your actions have proved the opposite - tit for tat vote on Tegan, the noise of your posting, your "big reveal" that you'll show after the munch that fell flat. For that, and the many other reasons I've already listed, my vote is staying firmly on your nose.

Those who I have down as completing an FFA2
    Eva
    Isla
    Gertrude
    Orla (only two names given)
    Ewan (only two names given)
    Vernon
    Gabriel
    Henry
    Conor
    Nigel
    Fiona

If I have missed anyone could they let me know and maybe quote the post they did it. For everyone else, please do one before 7pm. I'll have mine up before 6.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    F**k right off internet. I posted a fairly big summary of stuff and it internet crashed!!!

Here's my notes without explanation so I can pickup later

Concern with following one person - last game led us to ruin
    Katie could be on Harley team. Sacrifice Clodagh to get joker?!
    Angus big post - lots of quotes - possible editing of quotes to suit narrative? 1.24pm
    Nigel "but if barb says so I am game" easily follow Barbara
    Tegan and Katie bad- working together?
    Feels bit like one wolf team attacking another
    Wolves targeting rolled players?
    Gabriel trusts Katie - nailing flag to her
    Mary- too pally with Katie and endorse Barbara
    Could Nigel be Harley? If I survive the munch!

Why suggest possible editing of posts?

The link back to origibal is next to each one. If you were worried that they might have been edited it would have been quiet easy to prove.

Whats your agenda ?

• Advertisement

Fiona WW wrote: »
    I'm sorry what? You literally said "Cloadagh could have been Viper potentially".
    I quoted that exactly in my wall post above.

I wasnt saying she got killed though from trying to take down Cap, I thought that was what you implied no?

You've had a fair few occasions of poor choices of words in this game if that's the case. You say you're working for the village but your actions have proved the opposite - tit for tat vote on Tegan, the noise of your posting, your "big reveal" that you'll show after the munch that fell flat. For that, and the many other reasons I've already listed, my vote is staying firmly on your nose.

Thats fine and I can see how you came to that assumtion. Its understandable. I made my own bed with my poor judgment, I lay in it now and learn from it.

We all name 3 people and the top 2 (or possibly 3) are raced, people will always have stronger reasoning on 1/2 of their nominees

All voting to be done in secret i assume?

Angus WW wrote: »
    All voting to be done in secret i assume?

Yeah, actual voting can and probably should be kept secret.

Sorry Ewan, I'll be back and check Conor's posts in a moment. I think I've found something and I'm building my case at the moment

Thanks Gertrude, I just don't want the village caught up in the middle of this Nigel/Teagan madness, and missing another obvious wolf right under our noses. I could be wrong of course, but I'm quite suss of him right now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Ok I'm revising my FFA -

#FFA2

Fiona- I named her earlier based on confusion this morning and since then I've gone back through all her posts and found the following suss, firstly a good chunk of her early posts are about game mechanics and questions for the mods about the op, this always seems like a wolf trying to look like a villager to me while giving them something "legit" to post loads about. The she wants Thor to reveal, but backtracks within 25 mins or so when the masses are opposed, and then when the plan for Jess to reveal is mooted she's completely opposed even though it bags a baddie. All the Thor reveal would have bagged is a dead demigod. Then there's the confusion of earlier today

Derry -- I reviewed all his posts, and they're all pretty much one sentence jobs not adding much really (I know , I'm low in the post rankings too, but just look at his posts)

Henry - I included Henry earlier and TBH I don't have a reason, it's just a gut feeling. But my guts have been wrong before and I don't think I would vote him if it came to it.

On the issue of Isla v Tegan v Nigel. The thread has been so noisy with the allegations around these esp Nigel and Tegan I believe that by fixating on the two of them we're giving wolves the opportunity to sneak into town in plain sight and pour fuel on the fire. I'm not saying I believe they're villagers/baddies. I don't know what to think, but I think we need to be careful not to go all tunnel vision on this pairing. I haven't reviewed Islas posts yet or Abi's posts re her that's my next to do

I'm leaving work now and have a 30/40 min walk home, so hope to be back in time before 7pm to complete a 3rd name.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Can I change my FFA?

#FFA2:
    Tegan - for being fairly defensive when accused.
    Gabriel - for reasons already stated
    Wendy - for reasons already stated

I'm removing Nigel and replacing with Tegan. The mist has lifted, and I'm happy to leave Nigel off for today. See, if the race between Tegan, Isla and Nigel goes, it'd be suspicious for me to vote for somebody that wasn't even on my original FFA, so making my declaration nice and early.

Would be helpful if you kept you reasons close to your nominations.

#FFA2

They're pretty lame reasons. Right now i'd be putting lame reasons in also.

Ok I'm revising my FFA -

#FFA2

Fiona- I named her earlier based on confusion this morning and since then I've gone back through all her posts and found the following suss, firstly a good chunk of her early posts are about game mechanics and questions for the mods about the op, this always seems like a wolf trying to look like a villager to me while giving them something "legit" to post loads about. The she wants Thor to reveal, but backtracks within 25 mins or so when the masses are opposed, and then when the plan for Jess to reveal is mooted she's completely opposed even though it bags a baddie. All the Thor reveal would have bagged is a dead demigod. Then there's the confusion of earlier today

Derry -- I reviewed all his posts, and they're all pretty much one sentence jobs not adding much really (I know , I'm low in the post rankings too, but just look at his posts)

Henry - I included Henry earlier and TBH I don't have a reason, it's just a gut feeling. But my guts have been wrong before and I don't think I would vote him if it came to it.

On the issue of Isla v Tegan v Nigel. The thread has been so noisy with the allegations around these esp Nigel and Tegan I believe that by fixating on the two of them we're giving wolves the opportunity to sneak into town in plain sight and pour fuel on the fire. I'm not saying I believe they're villagers/baddies. I don't know what to think, but I think we need to be careful not to go all tunnel vision on this pairing. I haven't reviewed Islas posts yet or Abi's posts re her that's my next to do

On this,

Lets say, Tegen is a Wolf right? (Or me~).

If Tegen proves to be a wolf, you look guilty by not posting for one of us. A wolf protecting his own perhaps?

Even if its for me, I think you should vote either me or Tegs.

• Advertisement

For what it's worth, this is a much better FFA than your first.

The nominations or the reasons?
    Are you happy becuase it suits your agenda? Please explain.

Advertisement