Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    On this,

Lets say, Tegen is a Wolf right? (Or me~).

If Tegen proves to be a wolf, you look guilty by not posting for one of us. A wolf protecting his own perhaps?

Even if its for me, I think you should vote either me or Tegs.

there's also a version of this story where neither of you are wolves too and we're all getting het up over nothing! if It comes down to that possibility I'll vote, don't worry about me!

I believe the FFA is a better way for us to select a lynch, and I don't believe in overriding the FFA with 3 suggestions from Gertrude. We live in a democracy, not a gertocracy!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Can someone else please take a look at Conor's posts?
    His last post prior to him posting the FFA was a reply to my FFA, which he supposedly wasn't aware of.
    He states the reason both Fiona and I are on his list is for alluding to a back room. I have Fiona on my list because of discussion of a back room - but it is because she pretended she didn't know of the existence of a back room, not alluding to one.
    He has not provided the posts where either of us have supposedly alluded to a back room either.
    I think he is being very clever in posting just enough to keep under the radar but it is mostly fluff and not helpful at all. He is also being very careful to keep out of the Nigel/Teagan/Isla discussion - again staying under the radar.

Is it just me that can see all this?!?!

i think he may mean me when alluding to a bockroom?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Right, I think I may have found a link between two posters and I want to see what the village thinks of this. I'll start with Isla getting into an early spat with Abi:
    Isla WW wrote: »
    Abi I assume you're joking here but it's kinda totally defeating the purpose of the anon accounts if you're just gonna go around and try to figure out who everyone is. So can you just not?
    Not do it. It's surely falling under the metagaming rule?

How am I defending Jake? I'm surely defending everyone who you've already called out on the thread.

Isla gets peeved off that Abi is outing our actual boardsie names on thread. Stick with me, this is relevant.

I'm not sure I like the fact that you're jumping all over me because I pointed out that you were breaking the rules yesterday. Its pretty weak IMO. So if you're insisting on people doing an FFA then you'll be on it for that reason alone. Looks like you found a soft target to go for.

Other than that I haven't a clue. I have no reads on anyone good or bad coz the last day has been mostly ****e talk.

Ok, she retorts to Abi naming her as a wolf. Not pinning any masts to any posts so as to stay neutral for now.

Always nervous of someone who asks for role reveals this early

Her next post I think - nervous of Fiona who suggested early role reveals - how have I missed that?

That is a big assumption to make. Do you know something we don't? The mods haven't said anywhere that I could see that the evil teams can or can't communicate. I wouldn't peg a theory on that that could potentially lose us a rolled villager.

Do you NOT think that Thor is an important villager? He is a rolled villager with the potential to save this village if it gets down to the wire at the end.

Not really sure how this would be clear?

The row with Fiona intensifies, it's quite long and detailed and looks normal for now. Stick with me please. I missed a post but it is important to note at this point that Isla did NOT provide an FFA last night that I can see.

Look at you jumping to conclusions again! Just because I'm debating the validity of a villager sacrificing herself does not mean that I am one of the parties being discussed.

I'm not just gonna push someone into a potentially game ending (for Jessica) decision because a few people say so! I'd rather it be fully considered and debated first.

Arguing with Abi about the potential of a Jessica role reveal.

I feel responsible for this. I dunno what he saw in my posts that made him think I was luke tho. Maybe the thing about changing the pop up for the PM's?
    Sorry team. :(

I included this but it's a little fuzzy tbh. This seems a little insincere. maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Ok there has been talk about the FFA2 for today. I'm not sure how much I can get on before 7 this evening so I'll do this now.

1. Wendy - This exchange peaked my interest initially:

and I know its flimsy as hell but I'm really not getting strong reads off anyone in this game. Her post suggesting lynching Holly instead of Steve gives her +villager points for me but that's about the entirety of her contribution to the village.

2. Tegan - didn't originally show up on my radar but some other posters have poked her a bit so I'm having a look. Her posts are coming across as villagery to me but there are a few that stand out as suss.

The bolded bits are odd sounding. Why were you so sure on Abigail and Nigel? And so sure that Phil and Wendy are wolves? It's a very absolute statement.
    Also this post:

Are you meta posting? Using your post to say that -wolves are posting to each other- to actually post a message to the wolves? Ugh my brain hurts. I actually think I'm reaching a lot here.

This is completely out of nothing. She says that she thought Phil was hinting at a roll but I don't see anything out of the ordinary in his post so I don't know what she's getting at here. I've no clue what role Phil could've been claiming.

3. Derry - again not a lot to this. Their posts seem a bit wishy washy. There's not much of substance there. Few questions, few statements but nothing much to go on.

As you can see I'm totally reaching with Tegan and Derry but there's just not a whole lot I can go on (despite nearly 2000 posts!). I'm not sure I would be comfortable lynching any of these but Wendy would be my top pick right now.

Ok, this is where it gets interesting. Isla was worried about early role reveals and had an argument on thread with Fiona about it - yet chooses to leave her off her (FIRST) FFA... hmmm...

Oh crap! I forgot about Angus. He was my third FFA for mostly the same reasons as Liam laid out a page back. So for now I'll swap out Derry and put in Angus on my FFA.

So FFA#2
    1. Wendy
    2. Tegan
    3. Angus

So she rectifies her FFA but again leaves off Fiona.

Conclusions: The on-thread argument between Fiona and Isla was concocted backstage. It just kind of ended and blended in nicely with the noise at the time. I am fairly confident that if Isla is a wolf, Fiona is her team-mate.
    Leaving her off and throwing shade at Wendy for a solitary post is dodgy as all hell given their interactions.

So, Isla - why no FFA yesterday? And why did you leave Fiona out of your FFA?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

On Conor, it does seem strange that he quoted a post from Ewan, replied to it and then said he previously was unaware of it. I wonder if that's because he forgot that it was Ewan that accused him. It does make me think he's a bit of a wolf though.

Conor also accused someone of suspecting him because Conor has pointed the finger at them (Gertrude this was - post 743).

They say they are suss of anyone who didn't vote for Steve. This seems bizarre to me as I've already said. I get why you would vote for Steve but some thought it was worth the risk to vote for Holly. I would've thought wolves would want to back up voting for Steve and try to turn it into a landslide so that no information could be gathered.

If you see anything else Gertrude let us know.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

#Ffa 2. Teagan -same as a lot of people and I am not changing my mind on Nigel today. I may tomorrow but so far my gut hasn't failed me.

Vernon. He has a hard on for me due the fact I clearly state why I voted for Steve over gambling on holly, taking clodagh down and bring many more people who have been a lot less useful to the village than me.

Derry. What have they added to the game?

• Advertisement

Ok, this is where it gets interesting. Isla was worried about early role reveals and had an argument on thread with Fiona about it - yet chooses to leave her off her (FIRST) FFA... hmmm...

I think what interests me most is the inclusion of Derry with the reasoning being wishy-washy (not my words). Surely Fiona could've been included ahead of a wishy washy suspect.

Mary WW wrote: »
    On Conor, it does seem strange that he quoted a post from Ewan, replied to it and then said he previously was unaware of it. I wonder if that's because he forgot that it was Ewan that accused him. It does make me think he's a bit of a wolf though.

Conor also accused someone of suspecting him because Conor has pointed the finger at them (Gertrude this was - post 743).

They say they are suss of anyone who didn't vote for Steve. This seems bizarre to me as I've already said. I get why you would vote for Steve but some thought it was worth the risk to vote for Holly. I would've thought wolves would want to back up voting for Steve and try to turn it into a landslide so that no information could be gathered.

If you see anything else Gertrude let us know.

Gonna go through Conor's posts now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Ok so i work as my super heroes alter ego and getting back on here has been difficult. There's also a degree of catch up in this game...

Ive already laid out my case for nigel. Hes wolfey as feck and ive given a breakdown of his posting earlier to show that. In particular its been pointed out that nigel is sort of flitting around just sowing little ideas, and id encourage you to review what hes posted this afternoon in that light.

To be clear im expecting to be lynched. Gertie is a bit tunnel vision here and hasnt seemed to be able to see what im driving at. Sometimes you can only explain a thing so many ways and if your audience dont get it well thems the breaks.
    I would say the disappointing bit is gertie never seemed to cop that my wolf list is basically just an update of what i posted early on, insisting its just a late night copy of others work .

Its not a great loss to the village as im nrv but nigel im convinced is a wolf so obviously i prefer he went first. Im hoping however it will give useful info based on this morning and this afternoon. A couple of things, which may make me sound wolfey but after im lynched as village trust me on them

Hold off on isla for a bit longer. Something something is my reason here soz. One or two of the key villager roles can steer you here

Look closer at eva please.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Ok so i work as my super heroes alter ego and getting back on here has been difficult. There's also a degree of catch up in this game...

Ive already laid out my case for nigel. Hes wolfey as feck and ive given a breakdown of his posting earlier to show that. In particular its been pointed out that nigel is sort of flitting around just sowing little ideas, and id encourage you to review what hes posted this afternoon in that light.

To be clear im expecting to be lynched. Gertie is a bit tunnel vision here and hasnt seemed to be able to see what im driving at. Sometimes you can only explain a thing so many ways and if your audience dont get it well thems the breaks.
    I would say the disappointing bit is gertie never seemed to cop that my wolf list is basically just an update of what i posted early on, insisting its just a late night copy of others work .

Its not a great loss to the village as im nrv but nigel im convinced is a wolf so obviously i prefer he went first. Im hoping however it will give useful info based on this morning and this afternoon. A couple of things, which may make me sound wolfey but after im lynched as village trust me on them

Hold off on isla for a bit longer. Something something is my reason here soz. One or two of the key villager roles can steer you here

Look closer at eva please.

Please read my recent posts. I have focused on others recently. This is not me tunnelling you at all.

Yeah, it's an extension but there weren't many reasons provided when the first list was posted and reasons for additions were provided only when prompted.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

You have replied to this post already on thread?

Oh I was aware of this actually. Got your names mixed up

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

For those wondering of my quietness today. I've been spending time with family but also trying to see if I can see any patterns or collusion (RUC style) between baddies of players trying to place themselves in position of trust on appear in good (because that's never happened before...)

His last post prior to him posting the FFA was a reply to my FFA, which he supposedly wasn't aware of.
    He states the reason both Fiona and I are on his list is for alluding to a back room. I have Fiona on my list because of discussion of a back room - but it is because she pretended she didn't know of the existence of a back room, not alluding to one.
    He has not provided the posts where either of us have supposedly alluded to a back room either.
    I think he is being very clever in posting just enough to keep under the radar but it is mostly fluff and not helpful at all. He is also being very careful to keep out of the Nigel/Teagan/Isla discussion - again staying under the radar.

Yup, that's what Fiona did. You did something similar apparently. I haven't noted which post it is.

The "Nigel/Teagan/Isla discussion" is melting my brain tbh. I have no input to that. Make what you will from that.

#FFA2
    Doris - had some very thin reasons for suspecting some people in their post (2270). This could be a wolf stretching for reasons to suspect people. This would especially be true if others on the list were on his team. Doris might have wanted to put a mixture of wolves and villagers (well those not on his team at least) on the list.

Conor - the 'forgetting' about the post that he quoted and replied to seems odd to me. It might be a wolf who was a confused or simply a villager that forgot. Conor did have previous making an allegation that Gertrude suspected him because he suspected Gertrude. Someone saying something like that should be more likely to remember when they are accused of doing it themselves.

Nigel - Something didn't fit right with the posts about being pro village. They made me suspicious of Nigel before the I'll reveal after the munch business. I don't think the Steve/Holly/Steve is a great reason for this. Nigel has gone from village yesterday afternoon to wolfy overnight/this morning and is beginning to convince me again that they are a villager. But they haven't done so yet so they are number three on the list.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Firstly, I've already explained that you misunderstood the backroom thing in post #1834. I know the wolves have their own rooms, my question was about if they could communicate together.

To your other points, I did read through all of Conor's posts now and I can defo see where you're coming from. He throws initial shade on Derry, Gerty and Wendy. He flipped very quickly (45 mins) on the Jessica reveal without participating in the discussion. He calls bull**** on the Spidey claim, but drops Gertie from his suspicions list. He appears to not know why Barbara is good long after the reveal. So far as I can see, his first FFA today came out of the blue. His second has no good or well thought out reasons. The only good thing I can say about Conor is he has been consistent on Derry from the start, but he has certainly dropped from my neutral list to my shady list.
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    I wasnt saying she got killed though from trying to take down Cap, I thought that was what you implied no?
    You said she was potentially Viper. Which means she would have killed herself trying to get captain. There was no implication, that's what you said. I just pointed out that you and Tegan came out with that theory at roughly the same time which I find a bit suspect as no-one else thought that. Actually Tegan came out with it first, then you followed his line of thought even though you think he's a wolf?? Riiiiiiggggghhhht.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Ok I'm revising my FFA -

#FFA2

Fiona- I named her earlier based on confusion this morning and since then I've gone back through all her posts and found the following suss, firstly a good chunk of her early posts are about game mechanics and questions for the mods about the op, this always seems like a wolf trying to look like a villager to me while giving them something "legit" to post loads about. The she wants Thor to reveal, but backtracks within 25 mins or so when the masses are opposed, and then when the plan for Jess to reveal is mooted she's completely opposed even though it bags a baddie. All the Thor reveal would have bagged is a dead demigod. Then there's the confusion of earlier today
    I still stand by the Thor thing. The village didn't want it so I'm not going to push. It did spark the who should come out debate which bagged us a baddie so in a roundabout way, I'm still glad I started the Thor discussion. Initially when Jessica was going to come out, I was against it. I'll admit that. I'm not the only one though. I don't mind being on your FFA, everyone should be suspicious of everyone, I just wanted to address those points.
    Conclusions: The on-thread argument between Fiona and Isla was concocted backstage. It just kind of ended and blended in nicely with the noise at the time. I am fairly confident that if Isla is a wolf, Fiona is her team-mate.
    Leaving her off and throwing shade at Wendy for a solitary post is dodgy as all hell given their interactions.

So, Isla - why no FFA yesterday? And why did you leave Fiona out of your FFA?
    Hmm, I can see your train of thought here, but I am not in a backroom with anyone. I am team village. There's plenty that have had fights with me on thread! I would have expected to be on her FFA though, I agree it's unusual.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    What's the evidence against Clodagh again?

thats the only interaction with clodagh that could be considered incriminating. granted, its flimsy as f*ck. and could just also be a villager looking for some clarification. so nothing really.

Ewan, I think you may be onto something with Conor.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Ahoy hoy. Conor has arrived. Is my piggy avatar in place?

So far I suspect Derry, Gertrude and Wendy for obvious reasons.

Ok, this Conor's first post. He mentions myself, Wendy and Derry for 'obvious reasons'. I push him on this and he does not respond. Until...

Yep perfectly fair to vote for me on that basis, I'm still a few pages behind.

Agrees I should be voting for him for not providing reasons. He later goes on to get upset for pointing the finger back at him while promising a low down... still waiting.

This seems like bull**** to me. Reveal yourself just so there is no spidey claims? And you can't tell us who you bound? And you don't want protection? Riiiiight

Conor calls my Spidey claim bull. He's entitled to, as I said earlier - but when I push him further...
    Your explanation makes sense. I was a few pages back when I saw the reveal. I can't think of a good reason why a baddie would try a fake role claim right now considering the real spidey would be out there. I don't think it was a good call to reveal yourself at all tbh. Why not reveal who you bound too? Should be easy to prove.

Conor pushes me into revealing who it was I bound last night. Under pressure from him and Fiona, I state it was Abigail which is true. Abigail is then munched.

I must be an idiot. I don't see how this raises her priority. I probably should stop prodding you as your a likely goodie now

Backs off me completely now his job is done.

This is fair enough. I pointed the finger early on to try and get a reaction and I did get one. Nothing was obvious. People talk a lot of **** on day 1. I will deflect by saying all your criticisms of me are also true of Derry but he has yet to properly defend himself. I think this the fourth time I've called him out. I read through his posts and its pure token-ism. He stinks of a green player unsure of how to proceed under criticism. Its exactly how I've reacted myself in alternate universes :pac:

I'm finding it really difficult to keep up with this game tbh

Conor's reaction to Ewan naming him top of his FFA. He later claims he doesnt remember this.
    Yes about this. I was hoping to gain some more information but it didn't work out like I had planned.

My initial mud slinging was at gert, Wendy and Derry. Derry is still my number one suss as he ignored me twice which I think is somewhat telling coupled with some odd questions in some of the debates. It was initially a hunch which has continued to grow.

I think I got the order of these quotes messed up, this was before Ewan's FFA, but again names me, derry and wendy.
    #FFA2

Liam WW -
    Derry WW -
    Vernon WW -

A wishy-washy FFA. Includes Derry, leaves out Wendy and me. No reasons provided.
    Actually I'm gonna change mine after remembering I took notes on day 1

#FFA2

Derry - has been consistently ignoring that I've pointing at them. Could be a scared newbie who doesn't know what to do. I've been there myself.
    Fiona - alluded to having a backroom, basically stab in the dark
    Ewan - alluded to having a backroom, basically stab in the dark

Changes his FFA to include Ewan, doing exactly what he accused me of doing yesterday.

Conclusions: Conor is dodgy as hell looking at this. There's also a common factor around munch time in this: Fiona. It's very possible that one of the teams consists of Isla, Fiona and Conor. Both of Conor and Fiona prodded me for who I bound and then Abi was promptly munched.

I may change my FFA based of this evidence.

Derry WW wrote: »
    For those wondering of my quietness today. I've been spending time with family but also trying to see if I can see any patterns or collusion (RUC style) between baddies of players trying to place themselves in position of trust on appear in good (because that's never happened before...)

Have you found any? Or any potential patterns/collusion.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

#FFA2

For what its worth

#1 Mary WW - She's not Babs and seems very eager to be everyones friend
    #2 Gertrude WW - She's not Babs and i'm finding it hard to read her
    #3 Isla WW - She's not Babs and was suspected by Abigail

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Regardless about gertys detective work. Im sticking tegen. I set out my stall and I shall stay the course

• Advertisement

Ewan, I think you may be onto something with Conor.

Ok, this Conor's first post. He mentions myself, Wendy and Derry for 'obvious reasons'. I push him on this and he does not respond. Until...

Agrees I should be voting for him for not providing reasons. He later goes on to get upset for pointing the finger back at him while promising a low down... still waiting.

Conor calls my Spidey claim bull. He's entitled to, as I said earlier - but when I push him further...

Conor pushes me into revealing who it was I bound last night. Under pressure from him and Fiona, I state it was Abigail which is true. Abigail is then munched.

Backs off me completely now his job is done.

Conor's reaction to Ewan naming him top of his FFA. He later claims he doesnt remember this.

I think I got the order of these quotes messed up, this was before Ewan's FFA, but again names me, derry and wendy.

A wishy-washy FFA. Includes Derry, leaves out Wendy and me. No reasons provided.

Changes his FFA to include Ewan, doing exactly what he accused me of doing yesterday.

Conclusions: Conor is dodgy as hell looking at this. There's also a common factor around munch time in this: Fiona. It's very possible that one of the teams consists of Isla, Fiona and Conor. Both of Conor and Fiona prodded me for who I bound and then Abi was promptly munched.

I may change my FFA based of this evidence.

I think this seems pretty legit. If you change to Connor, I will also. Or we could just have Iron-man shoot him and see.

Sorry about this guys but I'm gonna change my FFA.

#FFA2

1. Isla: Wolfy for not including Fiona on her FFA, and indeed not doing an FFA yesterday at all.

2. Conor. Wolfy as hell. right to the top of my list. evidence posted above.

3. Fiona. Need to do a read through of her posts, but I've been getting bad vibes about Fiona since this morning.

My FFA

Tegan
    Connor
    Isla

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I think this seems pretty legit. If you change to Connor, I will also. Or we could just have Iron-man shoot him and see.

Iron man can't shoot until *after* the lynch.

Mary WW wrote: »
    #FFA2
    Doris - had some very thin reasons for suspecting some people in their post (2270). This could be a wolf stretching for reasons to suspect people. This would especially be true if others on the list were on his team. Doris might have wanted to put a mixture of wolves and villagers (well those not on his team at least) on the list.

Conor - the 'forgetting' about the post that he quoted and replied to seems odd to me. It might be a wolf who was a confused or simply a villager that forgot. Conor did have previous making an allegation that Gertrude suspected him because he suspected Gertrude. Someone saying something like that should be more likely to remember when they are accused of doing it themselves.

Nigel - Something didn't fit right with the posts about being pro village. They made me suspicious of Nigel before the I'll reveal after the munch business. I don't think the Steve/Holly/Steve is a great reason for this. Nigel has gone from village yesterday afternoon to wolfy overnight/this morning and is beginning to convince me again that they are a villager. But they haven't done so yet so they are number three on the list.

So let me get this straight, you think that I pretended that I forgot about that post from Ewan? What would I have to gain by that?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Three-i also explained phil. Wendy and isla outstanding

But isla is a wolf :)

LOL!!! "Isla is a wolf", but "hold off .. a bit longer" - if we got a wolf, we lynch a wolf.

Not that I agree that Isla is a wolf. You didn't answer me on this...
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Why are you so certain on Isla? Is it because Abi said so, or do you have reasons of your own?

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Iron man can't shoot until *after* the lynch.

Awwww. Would have made things to much easier.

Angus WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

For what its worth

#1 Mary WW - She's not Babs and seems very eager to be everyones friend
    #2 Gertrude WW - She's not Babs and i'm finding it hard to read her
    #3 Isla WW - She's not Babs and was suspected by Abigail

That's fair. I'm Spider-Man but not confirmed so I'm glad you're looking at all the angles.

That's fair. I'm Spider-Man but not confirmed so I'm glad you're looking at all the angles.

Spidey web angles.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Ill change my ffa slightly

Still Tegen number 1

Whom ever is gerty goes witfirst as myh number 2

Advertisement