Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

That's fair. I'm Spider-Man but not confirmed so I'm glad you're looking at all the angles.

Well thats a bit of a glaring oversight on my part.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Gertie, I don't mind you including me on your FFA even if you haven't read back through my posts yet, but dropping both Nigel and Tegan from your FFA feels worrying to me. I hope you're not leading us a merry dance.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Gertie, I don't mind you including me on your FFA even if you haven't read back through my posts yet, but dropping both Nigel and Tegan from your FFA feels worrying to me. I hope you're not leading us a merry dance.

Isla is the priority for me now today. If Isla is a wolf I will certainly be taking a closer look at you but I smell collusion

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I think this seems pretty legit. If you change to Connor, I will also. Or we could just have Iron-man shoot him and see.

Ah he finally pipes up. It would very much suit you for me to die.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Isla is the priority for me now today. If Isla is a wolf I will certainly be taking a closer look at you but I smell collusion

RUC and orange order style?

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »
    Ah he finally pipes up. It would very much suit you for me to die.

Your not my no.1 suspect. Yet. But you are rising. Definitely worth watching and the seer should possibly peek.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

So let me get this straight, you think that I pretended that I forgot about that post from Ewan? What would I have to gain by that?

I'm not saying that you pretended. I said you were either confused or did forget. I think that it helps paint a picture of you as a wolf though.

I'd be more certain if you were under more pressure though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    I have said it a thousand times( not really) if harley was dead it would be moronic of the priest not to say it as their is an apprentice
    Also so far you have clodagh and nigel as harley, and anyone that in anyway trusts me as a wolf? am I right?

Yes, in essence, I don't trust you. You were the person I and many others suspected before the Clodagh reveal . . I don't feel your calling Clodagh changes my mind in anyway...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103920594&postcount=1826

I still find your absolute confidence in your predictions unnerving. Perhaps you have the gift or are really good at this game, but you have no more credibility then I do at this stage. . Killing Clodagh means nothing . .

What concerns me about the people defending you is that it could very well be Wolves propping you up as a saviour to give themselves credibility and use you to pick off villagers (has happened before). or your plan worked and sacrificing a baddy bought you support and credibility.

Your confidence at Clodagh is really sketchy. If you are a villager, you were going on your gut instinct and if wrong would be potentially killing a 2 villagers if you got lynched after killing a goodie (stating so confidently that Clodagh was bad).

Now here is the funny part. If your instincts are as good as they appear to be, then I don't see why the wolves wouldn't take you out as soon as they possibly can. Your downright seer like confidence in Clodagh surely rattled them ? If you don't die in the morning I cant understand it unless you were a wolf or protected.

Either way, I don't trust you or the people backing you. Doesn't make you or them bad, its an explanation for my stance. .

Now for Nigel. I cant get past his announcement before the munch. I cant spin his "ive got something important to say but I will say it if I survive" with nothing after the munch. I cant think of any scenario where it helps the village if he is munched and we don't know what the hell he is thinking. I cant think of how it helped us that he wasn't munched and told us nothing. I haven't resolved this issue.

IN terms of my notes, they were just that , they were notes, they weren't accusations . . Post count, changing votes and my notes. . Do you know what they have in common ? People trying to see patterns. My notes were me trying to make sense of the waffle and spot alliances or oddities that coupled with maybe future posts will paint a picture.

So why did I post my notes ? Because I spent possibly over an hour trolling through the days posts and couldn't make much head nor tail of things and tried to find some patterns. I want to record them in case they help others later. Its far easier to troll through my posts then it is people with 100+ posts if people want to try and "read" me.

Lastly, my notes show I'm monitoring the universe. I am not engaging in much of the arguments or counter arguments because I think its just as easy for a baddy to "hide" in that as it is for them not to post.

My Initial concern with Tegan was a list of names with zero explanation. It was a statement without any explanation. I am aware that suggestions in this game are powerful and wolves are extremely good at latching onto suggestions from good/bad people to try and turn villagers on each other.

I don't like the FFA thing because you might aswell hang a noose around your kneck for the wolves and a wolf pack could easily choose one name (out of three) of their group to hide themselves if that wolf is caught . .

Also, in terms of "Helpful" villagers. Right now Baddies are just as happy to kill each other as they are killing villagers. If they kill a hero, great, but I don't buy this helpful stuff either . .

I put 'forgetting' like this, as it was between forgetting or confusion for me. Should've written forgetting/confusion I suppose.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Gertrude your Isla Fiona post makes some sense to me. Definitely more sense than the Nigel Teagan posts earlier.

My #FFA2
    Conor
    Fiona
    Isla

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Good work gertie, giving us a lot to consider. You really are putting your neck on the line the villy if you're good. If you really think you've rounded up a full team, maybe the vig can intervene.

No point having a sportscar if you cant drive it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

For what its worth

#1 Mary WW - She's not Babs and seems very eager to be everyones friend
    #2 Gertrude WW - She's not Babs and i'm finding it hard to read her
    #3 Isla WW - She's not Babs and was suspected by Abigail

Short of a seer clearing gerti she is one of the few I'm willing to trust, shes practically bulletproof to me right now until joker comes into play then everyone is suspect again but till then she is golden to me and saying otherwise puts you in my suspect list

Yup, that's what Fiona did. You did something similar apparently. I haven't noted which post it is.

The "Nigel/Teagan/Isla discussion" is melting my brain tbh. I have no input to that. Make what you will from that.

I agree on the brain melting.

I posted something similar apparently? Where is the evidence to back this claim up? Show us all the post. Becuase i dont think you will find it and it's just mud slinging imo.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ok caught up on speed reading. Nice working on killing clodagh. Credit going to abigail, kattie and batman.

ffa - 1 Nigel: I just dont think its coincidence that abigail names him as a wolf and then gets munched. Nigels posting after the fact has been a lot different since that allegation was made and i think he was caught off guard by it. Abigail getting munched doesn't make sense to me as if she was way off with her predictions they would have left her alone - its possible that it is a double bluff but i do have strong concerns over nigel over this whole episode.

ffa- 2 Isla: Strange postings and not really in any kind of fluid direction
    . Looked rattled when abigail called her out as a wolf.

ffa - 3 Nothing concrete yet. So many posts is really mudding the waters for me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

One thing is for sure, cap needs to protect gerty.

Short of a seer clearing gerti she is one of the few I'm willing to trust, shes practically bulletproof to me right now until joker comes into play then everyone is suspect again but till then she is golden to me and saying otherwise puts you in my suspect list
    I'd still seer check, just to be sure. Eventually.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Yes, in essence, I don't trust you. You were the person I and many others suspected before the Clodagh reveal . . I don't feel your calling Clodagh changes my mind in anyway...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103920594&postcount=1826

I still find your absolute confidence in your predictions unnerving. Perhaps you have the gift or are really good at this game, but you have no more credibility then I do at this stage. . Killing Clodagh means nothing . .

What concerns me about the people defending you is that it could very well be Wolves propping you up as a saviour to give themselves credibility and use you to pick off villagers (has happened before). or your plan worked and sacrificing a baddy bought you support and credibility.

Your confidence at Clodagh is really sketchy. If you are a villager, you were going on your gut instinct and if wrong would be potentially killing a 2 villagers if you got lynched after killing a goodie (stating so confidently that Clodagh was bad).

Now here is the funny part. If your instincts are as good as they appear to be, then I don't see why the wolves wouldn't take you out as soon as they possibly can. Your downright seer like confidence in Clodagh surely rattled them ? If you don't die in the morning I cant understand it unless you were a wolf or protected.

Either way, I don't trust you or the people backing you. Doesn't make you or them bad, its an explanation for my stance. .

Now for Nigel. I cant get past his announcement before the munch. I cant spin his "ive got something important to say but I will say it if I survive" with nothing after the munch. I cant think of any scenario where it helps the village if he is munched and we don't know what the hell he is thinking. I cant think of how it helped us that he wasn't munched and told us nothing. I haven't resolved this issue.

IN terms of my notes, they were just that , they were notes, they weren't accusations . . Post count, changing votes and my notes. . Do you know what they have in common ? People trying to see patterns. My notes were me trying to make sense of the waffle and spot alliances or oddities that coupled with maybe future posts will paint a picture.

So why did I post my notes ? Because I spent possibly over an hour trolling through the days posts and couldn't make much head nor tail of things and tried to find some patterns. I want to record them in case they help others later. Its far easier to troll through my posts then it is people with 100+ posts if people want to try and "read" me.

Lastly, my notes show I'm monitoring the universe. I am not engaging in much of the arguments or counter arguments because I think its just as easy for a baddy to "hide" in that as it is for them not to post.

My Initial concern with Tegan was a list of names with zero explanation. It was a statement without any explanation. I am aware that suggestions in this game are powerful and wolves are extremely good at latching onto suggestions from good/bad people to try and turn villagers on each other.

I don't like the FFA thing because you might aswell hang a noose around your kneck for the wolves and a wolf pack could easily choose one name (out of three) of their group to hide themselves if that wolf is caught . .

Also, in terms of "Helpful" villagers. Right now Baddies are just as happy to kill each other as they are killing villagers. If they kill a hero, great, but I don't buy this helpful stuff either . .

If there is a subtle hint in this I think I picked up on it. If not I'm imagining it and am crazy

Ewan, I think you may be onto something with Conor.

Ok, this Conor's first post. He mentions myself, Wendy and Derry for 'obvious reasons'. I push him on this and he does not respond. Until...

Agrees I should be voting for him for not providing reasons. He later goes on to get upset for pointing the finger back at him while promising a low down... still waiting.

Conor calls my Spidey claim bull. He's entitled to, as I said earlier - but when I push him further...

Conor pushes me into revealing who it was I bound last night. Under pressure from him and Fiona, I state it was Abigail which is true. Abigail is then munched.

Backs off me completely now his job is done.

The reveal of Abigail shouldn't matter tbh other than clearing your own name. Some of you seem to think munching abigail would cause chaos amongst the village but its easy to see that prolific poster like Abi has a large gap in her posting. The wolves clearly tried to cause confusion by munching her here but its so transparent. I can't believe it actually did cause confusion. We didn't need her to confirm this for us. My job here was to push you on the truth about your reveal. Your binding target wasn't valuable to me.

Conor's reaction to Ewan naming him top of his FFA. He later claims he doesnt remember this.

I think I got the order of these quotes messed up, this was before Ewan's FFA, but again names me, derry and wendy.

This is actually the explanation that Ewan and yourself were asking for. I was not naming you again. I was explaining my first accusation.

A wishy-washy FFA. Includes Derry, leaves out Wendy and me. No reasons provided.

Changes his FFA to include Ewan, doing exactly what he accused me of doing yesterday.

Conclusions: Conor is dodgy as hell looking at this. There's also a common factor around munch time in this: Fiona. It's very possible that one of the teams consists of Isla, Fiona and Conor. Both of Conor and Fiona prodded me for who I bound and then Abi was promptly munched.

I may change my FFA based of this evidence.

To be perfectly honest, my first ffa was a **** show. Notice how I picked the name surrounding Derry on that list someone posted. I had nothign to go on and am finding it tough to keep up with all this.

I remembered had some ****ty notes from day 1 the included Ewan and Fiona hence my switch. Funny that Ewan had a similar note on Fiona.

Derry WW wrote: »
    I'd still seer check, just to be sure. Eventually.

Yeah, there is a chance that Phil was spiderman and stopped Abigail from speaking. Gertrude delayed a bit on announcing who was bound, maybe to narrow her list of potential people Phil could've silenced.

It's a long shot, but it's something that means that I won't completely clear Gertrude yet.

Having said that, I don't have belief in the above theory and think Gertrude is Spiderman and an asset to the village.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    One thing is for sure, cap needs to protect gerty.

If Gerty is Spiderman as she claimed she is a nrv now and probably less valuable powerwise than cap protecting someone who they think has a powerful role.

Game theory wise I am on board with keeping Gerty alive

• Advertisement

Gerty is the asset, cap needs to protect them. Thats for sure. Shes the top of the trust charts by a mile

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I agree on the brain melting.

I posted something similar apparently? Where is the evidence to back this claim up? Show us all the post. Becuase i dont think you will find it and it's just mud slinging imo.

I don't have it and frankly I'm not arsed to sift through your 80 posts right now

I don't have it and frankly I'm not arsed to sift through your 80 posts right now

ACtually it must be near the start

Gerty is the asset, cap needs to protect them. Thats for sure. Shes the top of the trust charts by a mile

I think her work in general so far speaks for itself. By far the most trustworthy and she works hard. Shes got me on board.

She needs protecting.

Wow. What a post. You know that's gone a long way for me in cementing my FFA.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I think her work in general so far speaks for itself. By far the most trustworthy and she works hard. Shes got me on board.

She needs protecting.

Why are you quoting yourself?

We can all see how much you trust gertrude but you going to extremes to prove it for some reason

She needs protecting.

Gertrude has been extremely helpful, or at least seems to have been so. So she should certainly be one of those under consideration for protection.

Frank WW wrote: »

We can all see how much you trust gertrude but you going to extremes to prove it for some reason

Ha, I didn't realise this until you said it. Assumed Nigel was quoting someone else.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

If there is a subtle hint in this I think I picked up on it. If not I'm imagining it and am crazy

You might just be like Neo . . Interpreting the world on a different level to us all ! :(

I do still feel that when seagulls goto the trawlor its to get the fish . . Its a great strategy for wolves to dress themselves up in good villagers gravity . .

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »

Im the only pne stating the obvious.

Advertisement