Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

SK is resting tonight, correct?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Ok, this a basic analysis of SOME of Fiona's posts.
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Ok, so since we can't discuss why anyone was killed yet, we're at a disadvantage because we're starting the game on a lynch basically.

I haven't seen enough from most players yet to have an opinion on them either way, so here's a different topic for discussion instead. I think the player playing Thor should come out. There's a few reasons for this, but mainly because Thor is very difficult to kill, gives the village a rallying point, and it increases our chance lynching a baddie. Only good things can come from Thor coming out, would anyone see that differently?

Asking Thor to come out that early in the game was dodgy imo. But - there is reasoning behind so I can see why you brought it up.
    So that idea went down about as well as I expected it to! Just hear me out for a minute though, I'm not going to push it if no-one wants it but I do think there's merit in the idea and that it's of benefit to the village.
    Yes, he could potentially be gone by day 3. That is the risk. However, given that the baddies can't communicate (or can they? If so, then it's a bad idea) by giving them a "target" we're potentially dictating their kills for the next 2 nights, thus saving important village roles. Also, there's a good potential for crossover in the team kills because they can't communicate. Even if one baddie team gets a hit on him, they have to attack him twice in a row. Thus potential for cross over on second night too. I don't think the baddies will actually target him, there's too much risk and also they can concentrate on other more important roles.

Also, yes having Thor our reduces the odds only slightly at this stage but that will become more as time goes on and it not only reduces the odds of killing a baddie, it also reduces the odds of wasting a bullet on a baddie or peeking him, or binding him etc. Finally, if there is a missed evil kill, and the next night Thor dies, we know that the miss was due to Thor being targeted and not Mystique shifting.

Completely understand that, and happy to drop it but I've given reasoning above why I think it's a good idea.

He has to be targeted twice in a row to be killed. At best it gives us 4 failed evil kills - team A and B target him on night 1 - both fail. Team A and B and SK target him on night 2, 2 fail and one succeeds. At worst it gives us 1 failed kill. A missed evil kill is welcome at any time.

So you knew, the idea wouldn't go down well yet pushed through with it anyways? Hmmm. That actually seems more villagery than wolfy if I'm being honest.

This is the only thing that isn't clear to me (also if the baddies can communicate amongst each other). From the OP Thor "He is a Demigod and therefore must be targeted two nights in a row to be killed" - I could read that as he survives the lynch if that's the first attempt on his life as it doesn't specify targeted by a baddie team.

Similar with Deadpool and I already asked this in my first posts - Deadpool "can use his healing powers to heal any manner of wound or death blow, but he only has the strength to do it once" so can he survive a lynch as well? I would guess so.

More discussion and this is the barney with Isla I think. Again, the reason I'm suss is this could be concocted in a backroom as it SOUNDS villagery but makes me suss because Isla well... simply left you out for reasons only she knows.

Morning all.
    Another day, another role.
    FWIW, I don't think you'll be targeted Gertie as you're now a vanillager. There will be a time to get rid of known villagers, but it's not yet. I think that you and Barbara will survive the night and the baddies will role hunt.

Worst case scenario we're looking at 2 bodies this morning right?
    There's a lot of players in this game that have made no impression on me, I don't know if I can be more active today than yesterday but I want to start looking through those players to see what they're doing.

I haven't gotten to the rest of your posts but again Fiona, I'm wary of this one. I think me finding Holly (even though we lynched Steve in the end) might have spooked the wolves. I'm DEFINITELY a target tonight. Someone mentioned earlier it could be a way of communicating to other wolves that your team had it covered.

Pushing me on who I bound and Abigail getting munched makes me very wary. I'm not there with you yet, Fiona, but I will be going over everything in your posts with a fine tooth comb if we lynch Isla and she's a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    OK so the only advantage of Jessica Jones staying alive is the vague hope that Luke might identify her over 3 nights, and they may get to share a back room together. Neither of them have any special power outside of that to benefit the village.
    The more Iconsider it, the more I am in favour of jessica Jones coming out - it limits future kills by Kilgrave, which can only be positive.
    Luke can peek Steve to verify Steve is indeed Jessica Jones. They get their backroom together then to do whatever, but Luke doesn't have to come out on thread.
    They can speak in the back room around who they suspect or not for whatever roles. Might give Luke a steer on posts he may have missed etc.
    I think Luke takes his peek at Steve so they get their back room between now and lynch tonight.
    This allows them to strategise in the meantime and try figure out who they suspect etc.

The wolves better watch out in their back room - Luke and Jones together in a back room - be aware for the earthquake!

Your quotes seem absolutely certain of how Luke/JJ's backroom works, in contrast to:
    I would also like to know if it can shift.
    Your logic is flawed on the second point though, couldn't it just be an anon account in the backroom called Kilgrave? That way the player just knows they're controlled but not by which other player.

Fiona has no idea or playing dumb. This is a game of double bluffing after all. Either one could mean either thing.

I also have on my notes that Eva possibly has a backroom. Too bad I choose you Ewan rather than Eva.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    SK is resting tonight, correct?

I think Deadpool gets a hit tonight actually. It's night 2.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    You might just be like Neo . . Interpreting the world on a different level to us all ! :(

I do still feel that when seagulls goto the trawlor its to get the fish . . Its a great strategy for wolves to dress themselves up in good villagers gravity . .

I might of been wrong, if I am fair enough. But if there is one I got it. If not your wording in certain parts made me think you are hinting

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Wow. What a post. You know that's gone a long way for me in cementing my FFA.

I'm logging out his account until the lynch. Fed up.

Yep, 3 dead tonight unfortunately. We can balance that with Iron Man though.

I notice Isla isn't around yet. I'm waiting anxiously for her to respond to my accusations.

Mary WW wrote: »

We might get lucky, could lynch them tonight. Or Deadpool could target same as wolves. Or hit Thor who would survive.

Or clodagh was an SK. Depends if 2 kills or 3

Conor WW wrote: »
    I'm logging out his account until the lynch. Fed up.

*worlds smallest violin*

• Advertisement

Katie WW wrote: »
    Or clodagh was an SK. Depends if 2 kills or 3

Actually self that is not possible as Deadpool survives one deathblow

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Good work gertie, giving us a lot to consider. You really are putting your neck on the line the villy if you're good. If you really think you've rounded up a full team, maybe the vig can intervene.

No point having a sportscar if you cant drive it.
    Are you seriously suggesting using 2 vig bullets on a hunch???!?!?!?!
    That's absolute madness!
    I agree on the brain melting.

I posted something similar apparently? Where is the evidence to back this claim up? Show us all the post. Becuase i dont think you will find it and it's just mud slinging imo.
    Of course it's mud slinging. You gave him a reason for adding me, note that he didn't give his vague reasoning for adding me until you gave yours, then he just copied it and lazily at that. He's just waiting for someone else to give him a reason he can use. I'm *nearly* at the stage of replacing Tegan with Conor on my FFA.
    Yeah, there is a chance that Phil was spiderman and stopped Abigail from speaking. Gertrude delayed a bit on announcing who was bound, maybe to narrow her list of potential people Phil could've silenced.

It's a long shot, but it's something that means that I won't completely clear Gertrude yet.

Having said that, I don't have belief in the above theory and think Gertrude is Spiderman and an asset to the village.
    Agreed. Gertie isn't set in stone but to be honest I think a seer check on her would be a complete waste. As an almost-confirmed villager, the wolves will try to take her out at some stage, and if she's around too long we can re-start asking questions. For now I'm happy she's spidey. There's only one other possible explanation and it seems super far-fetched.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I really hope Orla is Deadpool . .

I have no proof other then when she first posted, Barbara joked that the seer had peeked at her and confirmed she was bad. She disappeared for ages and myself, Barbara and Derry joked that she was frantically reading through 40 pages to see if it was real or a joke . .

This is not an accusation, more laying down a marker in case , by some miracle, Barbara caught a baddy with a joke!

Yep, 3 dead tonight unfortunately. We can balance that with Iron Man though.

I notice Isla isn't around yet. I'm waiting anxiously for her to respond to my accusations.

We can hope for some targeting the same person or targeting each other, or if by some stroke of luck/genius we get deadpool in the lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    LOL!!! "Isla is a wolf", but "hold off .. a bit longer" - if we got a wolf, we lynch a wolf.

Not that I agree that Isla is a wolf. You didn't answer me on this...

Isla is either wolf or useful im not sure which yet.

I would actually like if iron man took a chance and followed their gut on one or two posters. I would hate for them to be munched /skd with all 3 shots. No point having powers and not using them might as well be a nrv then

Oh as Katie said Deadpool can heal once. If that works for the lynch too then we might still have 3 dead tonight. But if Deadpool doesn't die when lynched once, we know who deadpool is. I presume they do get lynched though. Don't think there are any ways of preventing a lynch in this game.

I would actually like if iron man took a chance and followed their gut on one or two posters. I would hate for them to be munched /skd with all 3 shots. No point having powers and not using them might as well be a nrv then

Yep. I'm waiting on Isla to come back and respond to my accusations before deciding what to do next. But Conor looks really really suss

I might of been wrong, if I am fair enough. But if there is one I got it. If not your wording in certain parts made me think you are hinting

We will find out tomorrow ;)

7 minutes till the FFA deadline and we have FFAs from

Isla
    Gertrude
    Ewan
    Vernon
    Gabriel
    Eva
    Conor
    Henry
    Nigel
    Fiona
    Orla
    Katie
    Mary
    Angus
    Derry
    Frank

Have I missed anyone? You've got a few minutes to come up with an FFA if you haven't done so already.

• Advertisement

Oh as Katie said Deadpool can heal once. If that works for the lynch too then we might still have 3 dead tonight. But if Deadpool doesn't die when lynched once, we know who deadpool is. I presume they do get lynched though. Don't think there are any ways of preventing a lynch in this game.

If we by some miracle lynch Deadpool Iron Man shoots them. It might not prevent a kill but we'd bag ourselves the SK at least.

If we by some miracle lynch Deadpool Iron Man shoots them. It might not prevent a kill but we'd bag ourselves the SK at least.

Would we want them shot or lynched next time? Suppose it doesn't really matter. Yeah, shooting them would probably be the way to go.

This actually makes sense at this stage. .

Why don't we vote for top 2, ask one to be shot and one to be voted out for a lynch?

Why don't we vote for top 2, ask one to be shot and one to be voted out for a lynch?

Until Isla responds, I want to lynch her.

Shoot Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

If the seer comes out in a days time with a few wolves, we may want those bullets.

If the seer comes out in a days time with a few wolves, we may want those bullets.

Hahaha. Idiot. Wrong account.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

7 minutes till the FFA deadline and we have FFAs from

Isla
    Gertrude
    Ewan
    Vernon
    Gabriel
    Eva
    Conor
    Henry
    Nigel
    Fiona
    Orla
    Katie
    Mary
    Angus
    Derry
    Frank

Have I missed anyone? You've got a few minutes to come up with an FFA if you haven't done so already.

Yes me
    I have nigel and isla from before
    Open to conor as number 3 based on that reaction. No backread yet though

Yeah, maybe use one bullet soon enough but waiting for a seer could be a good plan. Obviously can't wait too long because one of them might kick the bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Can folks on laptops who have BOTH accounts open on their laptop maybe change the style to a different one, or theme , whatever it is called.

Make the normal one to look like one you never use so you notice it and not post using your normal account.

Back to modulating, thanks for listening, have a nice day
    :D

• Advertisement

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Yes me
    I have nigel and isla from before
    Open to conor as number 3 based on that reaction. No backread yet though

Oh yes sorry, you gave them this morning didn't you?

Will I put Conor down as your third?

Advertisement