Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order not installed, trying to charge me

Options
  • 25-06-2017 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I ordered fibre to the home bundle consisting of broadband,tv and phone a few weeks ago after being told by eir reps it would be active on 31st May. The KN technician came out but said he couldn't install it as it wasn't actually live yet. Called Eir who told me it should be live early July. I was told if I don't use the phone line to make calls then I won't be charged in the meantime.

A few days ago I got a bill for 62 euro for phone line only. The bundle price for the first 6 months on the contract I signed up to was 44 euro. Phoned Eir who told me this is the correct price for the phone service and I'm charged for it because its active even though the other 2 (and more important) components of my bundle have not been installed yet... most confusing part is that phone only is more expensive than phone + broadband + tv.

There is no way I am paying this, for many reasons

#1 The date I was given by Eir as to when the broadband would be live was not correct
    #2 I was told if I don't use the phone I wouldn't be charged. It wasn't used once.
    #3 The price is ridiculous

I spoke to someone on Eir website chat 2 days ago who said they would remove the charge but the bill is still there. Also messaged an Eir rep on this forum who I was speaking to before but not got any response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi spix,

I'm very sorry to hear this

I'm afraid if your phone line has gone active you are billed for this and any usage and when your broadband becomes active you are then charged for your agreed bundle price.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look further into this for you in regards to your previous correspondence?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi spix,

I'm very sorry to hear this

I'm afraid if your phone line has gone active you are billed for this and any usage and when your broadband becomes active you are then charged for your agreed bundle price.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look further into this for you in regards to your previous correspondence?

Thanks,
    Anna
    How is that fair at all considering I was told at least 2 times on the phone that I will Not be charged if I don't use the phone line. I made sure to ask this after finding out the other services wouldn't be installed. I was worried I would be charged the package price but then finding out is it 62 euro instead of 44, that is just unbelievable. Sounds alot like a scam to me.

And how is it fair since it is Eirs fault that my services were not installed because they didn't have the broadband ready when they said it would be. There is zero chance I am paying this considering the facts and that I was told by Joe in chat that the charge would be removed.

This is the bill breakdown which makes no sense to me

Eir Talk Unlimited Mobile & UK 52 euro
    direct debit discount -2 euro
    5 euro discount for 18 months - 5 euro

= 45 euro

Then I am charged 'Part period charges' From May 31 - Jun 11 for the package of broadband, phone and tv even though it was never installed.

Eir Complete Broadband, Phone & TV 18.88 euro
    - 5 euro discount for 18 months -1.19

= 16.99

Total 61.98

Now here is a screenshot of what I ordered. As you can see even this ridiculous bill is missing the 'New customer discount for 12 months' and 'Online discount for 6 months'

When I order broadband phone and tv with a price of 44 euro for the first 6 months (which is still clearly advertised on your website) I expect my bill to be 44 euro and only when everything is installed. Anything else is completely unacceptable and basically stealing my money. I have got zero benefit from this Eir order, only a headache. Not made a single phone call, no broadband, no tv and you are charging me 62 euro when you are the one being a month late to install the broadband.

I completely understand your frustration and I do apologise.

I have also replied to your PM.

Thanks,
    Anna

For anyone interested in this, Anna is telling me the charges are legitimate. What a sham. I won't be paying them as this is several failures on Eirs part and none on mine.

Eir gave an installation date THEY couldn't meet to get me to sign up to a contract. Several people on my road are having the same issue. My neighbour had a KN technician remove his phone line as his fibre to the home bundle bundle included VOIP. Then after doing this, the technician discovered it wasn't live yet. This was 3 weeks after the technician came out to install mine so clearly Eir are still getting people to sign up to something that isn't ready.

Eir lied to me by telling me on at least 2 ocassions that I wouldn't be charged anything if I don't use the phone line part of the bundle whilst waiting for the others to be ready. If they said I would be charged I would have cancelled the contract right then.

Eir told me 2 days ago the charges will be waived but they actually aren't according to Anna.

You couldn't make it up... Bill for 62 euro for an unused phone line when I signed up to Broadband/tv/phone for 44 euro.

Unfortunately, as your telephone line has gone active you are charged for the service you are receiving.

I'm afraid we would be unable to waive these charges as you are being correctly charged for the service.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, as your telephone line has gone active you are charged for the service you are receiving.

I'm afraid we would be unable to waive these charges as you are being correctly charged for the service.

Thanks,
    Anna
    This is not what I was told though. Check your phone records. If I was told that when I asked this question I would have cancelled the contract as it was still within the cooling off period.

Everyone reading this take note. If you sign up to a contract with Eir, they can just not bother to install your service and still say they are allowed to charge you. They will also tell you lies when it suits them and then go back on it.

You have also not explained why I was part charged from May 31 - Jun 11 for Eir Complete Broadband, Phone & TV which was never installed. Then when you heard back from the KN installer that my broadband wasn't ready, you switched me to a phone only charge which is more expensive than the bundle I signed up to, without my consent, after blatantly lying to me on the phone saying I would not be charged anything if I don't use the phone.

This is my full experience summed up with trying to order FTTH bundle from Eir which ends up with them trying to take money for me with nothing installed. Over a month of headaches because of it.

1. Ordered the bundle online mid-May as my address passed the Eircode check. Got an email with installation date.
    2. The installation date came and went with no contact about anything.
    3. Phoned Eir and was told my address is not live until 31st of May and the person on the phone agreed to re-do the order correctly. Then I get an email with a much higher price than what I originally signed up to.
    4. Cancelled this contract and signed up online again when it reached the live date. The email contract price I received did not match the online order (was missing a 5 euro online discount) and was promised it would be corrected once the first bill came.
    5. KN technician came out to re-activate phone line.
    6. KN technician comes out a few days later to install the broadband and tv. Tells me it is not live so cannot install it.
    7. Phone Eir who tell me few days later that the new installation date is estimated to be early July.
    8. Eir Leanne apologizes for the inconvenience and says she will give a gesture of good will when the first bill is issues.
    9. I ask Eir will I be charged and they say as long as I don't use the phone line I won't be charged until the broadband is installed.
    10. Get a bill from Eir for 62 euro for absolutely nothing
    11. Eir online chat tell me the charges will be waived.
    12. Few days later the bill is still there, I make this thread and Eir Anne says I will be charged and won't change it regardless of the many lies told to me about. Acts like I am lieing about the chat and phone calls but everything I am saying is 100% fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

spix wrote: »
    This is my full experience summed up with trying to order FTTH bundle from Eir which ends up with them trying to take money for me with nothing installed. Over a month of headaches because of it.

1. Ordered the bundle online mid-May as my address passed the Eircode check. Got an email with installation date.
    3. Phoned Eir and was told my address is not live until 31st of May and the person on the phone agreed to re-do the order correctly. Then I get an email with a much higher price than what I originally signed up to.
    4. Cancelled this contract and signed up online again when it reached the live date. The email contract price I received did not match the online order (was missing a 5 euro online discount) and was promised it would be corrected once the first bill came.
    6. KN technician comes out a few days later to install the broadband and tv. Tells me it is not live so cannot install it.
    7. Phone Eir who tell me few days later that the new installation date is estimated to be early July.
    8. Eir Leanne apologizes for the inconvenience and says she will give a gesture of good will when the first bill is issues.
    9. I ask Eir will I be charged and they say as long as I don't use the phone line I won't be charged until the broadband is installed.
    12. Few days later the bill is still there, I make this thread and Eir Anne says I will be charged and won't change it regardless of the many lies told to me about. Acts like I am lieing about the chat and phone calls but everything I am saying is 100% fact.
    Spix, I suggest you report Eirscam to Comreg, proceed from there. Comreg will ask you for the contract and Eirscam will need to provide the phone transcripts. 

Sounds like standard pressure selling from the reps, as they are put under stress to meet ridiculous quotas too. Share holders need to be kept happy and all that. 

Anyway, 15 years Eirscam free now after an absolute horrible experience with this company.

Spix, I suggest you report Eirscam to Comreg, proceed from there. Comreg will ask you for the contract and Eirscam will need to provide the phone transcripts.

Sounds like standard pressure selling from the reps, as they are put under stress to meet ridiculous quotas too. Share holders need to be kept happy and all that.

Anyway, 15 years Eirscam free now after an absolute horrible experience with this company.
    What bothers me the most is the blatant LIES that was told to me from several Eir people, not just one, whilst my contract was within the cooling off period. Now I am out of that, everything that was previously told to me is out the window and they're like different people everytime you contact them.

I have replied to your PM spix.

I'm very sorry you feel this way, however, as advised this bill is correct as this is the service you are receiving and we would be unable to waive any charges.

I'm sorry I can't assist you further with this.

-Anna

• Advertisement

I'm very sorry you feel this way, however, as advised this bill is correct as this is the service you are receiving and we would be unable to waive any charges.

-Anna
    Here's the facts Anna. Several Eir people have lied to me. You can refuse to waive the charges all you want but I won't be paying them :) I will also be reporting Eir as I feel like I'm being scammed.

I'm sorry you feel this way and I do apologise if you were given any misleading information, however, I can set up a call recording case for the call stating these charges would be waived which can take up to 30 days.

I'm afraid we would be unable to advise any further on this.

-Anna

I'm sorry you feel this way and I do apologise if you were given any misleading information, however, I can set up a call recording case for the call stating these charges would be waived which can take up to 30 days.

-Anna
    I never said I was told that on the phone. I was told on the phone on at least 2 occasions that if I don't use the phone line until the broadband is installed, then I won't be charged anything. You can check the call records but I won't be paying this bill either way so its not really required to wait 30 days to waive the charges.

I was told on online chat that the charges will be waived. Here's the chat transcript for all to see. No 30 days required.

I have forwarded this on to the relevant department and will update you as soon as it has been looked into.

-Anna

I have forwarded this on to the relevant department and will update you as soon as it has been looked into.

-Anna
    Follow up on the chat. Says it is waived off. Why are you telling me it isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Eir did the same to me. They are cowboys. They will screw you everyway they can. I wrote to their complaints department and got a part refund. I kept after them and have been promised a full refund.
    If you are ordering from Eir be very very afraid.
    That are not called EirCon for no reason.

garroff wrote: »
    Eir did the same to me. They are cowboys. They will screw you everyway they can. I wrote to their complaints department and got a part refund. I kept after them and have been promised a full refund.
    If you are ordering from Eir be very very afraid.
    That are not called EirCon for no reason.
    It's actually ridiculous how some of the Eir reps seem to think it's acceptable I'm being charged 62 euro for phone when I ordered broadband/tv/phone bundle for 44 euro a month for first 6 months. To top it off it was them who failed to install it on the date that was specified to me when ordering. So my order is currently 1 month overdue and Eir compensate me for this inconvenience by overcharging me when its not even installed.... laughable.

Nothing the reps are saying to me makes sense, only thing I understand is that they want my money but not getting it until what I signed up to is actually installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

-Anna
    To be fair.

It may be the service he is receiving BUT it is not the service he ordered. He is also beign charged more than the cost of the service he ordered..

-Anna
    I have queried this with the relevant department and they have advised me that if the webchat team have advised you these charges would be waived then you will be required to follow this up through that channel as we would be unable to do this from our side.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Anna

-Anna
    I have queried this with the relevant department and they have advised me that if the webchat team have advised you these charges would be waived then you will be required to follow this up through that channel as we would be unable to do this from our side.

Thanks,
    Anna
    I already did follow it up with them. I've been told the charges are waived. Are you telling if if they aren't actually waived that you just refuse to do anything about it because you are not web chat? Please don't apologise for any inconvience caused when you are obviously not apologetic, if you were you would confirm that the charges are waived as obviously it is not right/fair to be charged when my services are not installed. Especially considering what Eir have told me on the phone and web chat.

Have you requested the call recording case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

If you dont pay an amount owed you will have the debt collection agency on to you. Total scam artists eir are

whelan2 wrote: »
    If you dont pay an amount owed you will have the debt collection agency on to you. Total scam artists eir are
    I agree with you... I'm actually shocked from dealing with Eir. From the false installation dates, sales reps acting dodgy, after sales lies during contract cooling off period and now how the reps seem to have no shame in telling me I'm right to be charged. I honestly do feel like they're trying to rip me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

So annoying ringing them too. On hold for ages passed from billy to jack

knipex wrote: »

-Anna
    To be fair.

It may be the service he is receiving BUT it is not the service he ordered. He is also beign charged more than the cost of the service he ordered..
    And the service is included as 1/3 of the products, arguably the least valuable so why does it cost so much? Nobody is going to order phone on its own at this kind of price. I was reading back on the FTTH thread here and many people have tried to get FTTH installed and Eir wouldn't do it without having a landline installed even though FTTH does not require a landline. I wonder if they're doing this so they have a reason to charge you incase they are unable to meet the installation date which seems highly likely that they won't.

Why did Eir send out someone to activate the phone line if they knew the installation date of my fibre was delayed. And why are they not installing my TV service which could use my current wireless internet connection. Nothing is adding up to me...only explanations is Eir trying to be very deceptive.

-Anna

Thanks,
    Anna
    I already did follow it up with them. I've been told the charges are waived. Are you telling if if they aren't actually waived that you just refuse to do anything about it because you are not web chat? Please don't apologise for any inconvience caused when you are obviously not apologetic, if you were you would confirm that the charges are waived as obviously it is not right/fair to be charged when my services are not installed. Especially considering what Eir have told me on the phone and web chat.

Have you requested the call recording case?
    I have checked this again and the charges have since been removed by the webchat team.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

This thread is seriously worrying to me and I'm considering cancelling my FTTH order while I'm still in the so-called cooling off period, which, incidentally, I was informed began at INSTALLATION, not the time of the order?  I am currently with another provider for phone and broadband and have placed an order with Eir for FTTH (to include the deal on Phone and TV as a package) via a salesperson at my door, who assured me that it was available  I do not want ANYTHING from Eir unless it's EVERYTHING I've ordered!  I'm happy to stay with my current provider for Phone and Broadband until FTTH is definitely live.  I certainly don't want to experience what spix has!

If Eir cannot reassure me that my order is ALL or NOTHING, I will be forced to cancel now and make it nothing!  I am not at all confident that the FTTH service is really live in my area, or even will be any time soon - I have been informed by OpenEir in an email that it will not be available until November.  This sort of thing is really doing no favours for Eir!  That you've been Boards-shamed into finally waiving the charges for spix, after considerable argument and dissembling, is a big black mark for me and a warning for my future dealings with Eir :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

RoYoBo wrote: »
    This thread is seriously worrying to me and I'm considering cancelling my FTTH order while I'm still in the so-called cooling off period, which, incidentally, I was informed began at INSTALLATION, not the time of the order?  I am currently with another provider for phone and broadband and have placed an order with Eir for FTTH (to include the deal on Phone and TV as a package) via a salesperson at my door, who assured me that it was available  I do not want ANYTHING from Eir unless it's EVERYTHING I've ordered!  I'm happy to stay with my current provider for Phone and Broadband until FTTH is definitely live.  I certainly don't want to experience what spix has!

If Eir cannot reassure me that my order is ALL or NOTHING, I will be forced to cancel now and make it nothing!  I am not at all confident that the FTTH service is really live in my area, or even will be any time soon - I have been informed by OpenEir in an email that it will not be available until November.  This sort of thing is really doing no favours for Eir!  That you've been Boards-shamed into finally waiving the charges for spix, after considerable argument and dissembling, is a big black mark for me and a warning for my future dealings with Eir :(
    Hi RoYoBo,

Thanks for getting in touch. I can assure you that your 14 day cooling off period only begins when your services are installed.  If you PM me your account number I can take a look at your order for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi RoYoBo,

Thanks for getting in touch. I can assure you that your 14 day cooling off period only begins when your services are installed.  If you PM me your account number I can take a look at your order for you.

- Adam
    Thank you for your reply.  I have sent a PM to you with my order number and a request for the written confirmation as outlined previously.  

May I just clarify here that, and I quote,  'when your services are installed' actually means FTTH installation and the other parts of my order as a complete bundle, and not simply when Eir takes over my landline/broadband as it stands at the moment?  My emailed order confirmation is ambiguous, in that it states that my first payment becomes due 4 weeks after the date of the order and does not mention FTTH per se.

It depresses me to have to insist on such wordy precision, but the experience of others has dictated that same is necessary to avoid confusion and obfuscation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi RoYoBo,

- Adam
    Thank you for your reply.  I have sent a PM to you with my order number and a request for the written confirmation as outlined previously.  

May I just clarify here that, and I quote,  'when your services are installed' actually means FTTH installation and the other parts of my order as a complete bundle, and not simply when Eir takes over my landline/broadband as it stands at the moment?  My emailed order confirmation is ambiguous, in that it states that my first payment becomes due 4 weeks after the date of the order and does not mention FTTH per se.

It depresses me to have to insist on such wordy precision, but the experience of others has dictated that same is necessary to avoid confusion and obfuscation.
    I'll go through my PM's shortly and look at everything on your account to let you know exactly what's going on here.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

I'm sorry you feel this way and I do apologise if you were given any misleading information, however, I can set up a call recording case for the call stating these charges would be waived which can take up to 30 days.

-Anna

Folks, I would highly recommend recording any calls you have with Eir.
    I had prior experience of them lying about what I had agreed to over the phone so I learned the hard way and recorded everything on my last dealing.
    They started mischarging me and claimed that I had agreed to something else which was a LIE.
    I called them on it but didn't mention my recordings and they said they had replayed their tapes and I had agreed to a new contract which was doubly a LIE.
    I then told them that I had proof that they lied because I had recorded the call myself and they had the nerve to claim that I couldn't record calls without telling them rather than eat humble pie. They did however agree to realisten to the tapes. I said I didn't care whether my recording was invalid because I know exactly what's on their tapes should they choose to pursue me.
    They chose then to LIE even more and claimed that the tape was then lost so as a good will gesture they'd take my word for it and refund the charges. Chancers!!!

Then to add final insult to injury they tried to pay me back the money they owed me in installments.

I took the opportunity to demand they release me from contract and left.
    It took me a further 4 months of calls and continuous LIES to get my money back though.

I shudder to think how many people they con on a daily basis. Run a mile and advise everyone you know to do the same. They are charlatans and they've done similar to loads of people I know.

Comreg should insist that any ISP sends a copy of all recorded contracts and conversations to the customer involved. They're internet providers so you know every customer will have an email address to get the audio files.

(Sorry for the caps but Eir needs to be highlighted for the cheats they are)

Advertisement