Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order not installed, trying to charge me

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Your next bill will be issued on 12/9/2017.

I appreciate that this has been ongoing for a long time for you and I do apologise for this. As a good will gesture, I have removed the outstanding charges from your last bill from your account.

- Adam
    Thanks for that but I have no intention of paying the charges on 12/9 either. The bills are practically full price and I've yet to be supplied the 2 most important services of my bundle. Add to that what I was told on the phone that if I don't use the phone line, I won't be billed until everything is installed. The phone line has not been plugged in or made a single call since it was reactivated 3 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I appreciate that this has been ongoing for a long time for you and I do apologise for this. As a good will gesture, I have removed the outstanding charges from your last bill from your account.

- Adam

Cancelling charges that should never have been issued to begin with is hardly a "good will gesture".

Maybe eir should move their billing staff over to tech support, they seem to be a lot more efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

spix wrote: »

- Adam
    Thanks for that but I have no intention of paying the charges on 12/9 either. The bills are practically full price and I've yet to be supplied the 2 most important services of my bundle. Add to that what I was told on the phone that if I don't use the phone line, I won't be billed until everything is installed. The phone line has not been plugged in or made a single call since it was reactivated 3 months ago.
    I completely understand that, however, I have requested the information from you so I can set up a call recording case which you have not sent me so these charges would be valid if I didn't remove them as a good will gesture. You would be charged for services if they are active even if you don't use them. If you have been advised otherwise, I would require the relevant information in order to prevent future charges from being valid on your account.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I think that this tread really is a great example of why people should avoid Eir at all costs.

The basic lack of intelligence in their CS model, which Adam has given a stellar (albeit polite) demonstration of.
    Any business with an iota of common sense, or any understanding of how customer service or even basic brand protection works, would be all over this incident like a rash and apologising for the clusterfu(k effort at provisioning a service, and proactively guaranteeing the the customer will not be charged a single cent until they get what the signed a contract for. In addition they should then be throwing future discounts by way of apology.

They would then highlight this anomaly to management and ensure that provisions are put in place to ensure that a customer is never again charged more for a partial service then they are for the service they were contracted to receive. 

But instead Eir revert to script. They "understand your frustration" because one of their lame-ass manuals tells them that this will encourage a feeling of empathy, trust me, it does not. If your web presence only publicity demonstrates your incompetence to the world at large, you should really consider not having one.  

Eir: the business equivalent of your alcoholic Uncle @ a wedding who gets messy, stupid, eventually defecates on himself in public..... but they won't remember any of it tomorrow, and will really never learn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

This issue is still ongoing

Finally the fibre is installed yet Eir removed service from me 24hrs later and are now telling me if I have to make a new accoount and pay more money  (despite being told a few days ago I would definitely get my original offer)

• Advertisement
Advertisement