Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order not installed, trying to charge me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

I have to agree with Conar. I finally got my money back after a long fight with Eir. They are without shame. Record/document every transaction you have with them. Comreg is a bad Irish joke. It is incredible, in this day and age that a utility company can treat people like they do. Buyer be very wary when dealing with Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

eir: Anna wrote: »
    spix wrote: »
    I have forwarded this on to the relevant department and will update you as soon as it has been looked into.

-Anna
    Follow up on the chat. Says it is waived off. Why are you telling me it isn't?
    I have queried this with the relevant department and they have advised me that if the webchat team have advised you these charges would be waived then you will be required to follow this up through that channel as we would be unable to do this from our side.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Anna
    I already did follow it up with them. I've been told the charges are waived. Are you telling if if they aren't actually waived that you just refuse to do anything about it because you are not web chat? Please don't apologise for any inconvience caused when you are obviously not apologetic, if you were you would confirm that the charges are waived as obviously it is not right/fair to be charged when my services are not installed. Especially considering what Eir have told me on the phone and web chat.

Have you requested the call recording case?
    I have checked this again and the charges have since been removed by the webchat team.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Your stance on this was a bit concering though... how come web chat were willing to be sensible but not you. It's clear to everyone how unfair the charges were and when you ad the lies I was told it is very alarming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I have forwarded this on to the relevant department and will update you as soon as it has been looked into.

-Anna
    I have queried this with the relevant department and they have advised me that if the webchat team have advised you these charges would be waived then you will be required to follow this up through that channel as we would be unable to do this from our side.

Thanks,
    Anna
    I already did follow it up with them. I've been told the charges are waived. Are you telling if if they aren't actually waived that you just refuse to do anything about it because you are not web chat? Please don't apologise for any inconvience caused when you are obviously not apologetic, if you were you would confirm that the charges are waived as obviously it is not right/fair to be charged when my services are not installed. Especially considering what Eir have told me on the phone and web chat.

I have checked this again and the charges have since been removed by the webchat team.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Your stance on this was a bit concering though... how come web chat were willing to be sensible but not you. It's clear to everyone how unfair the charges were and when you ad the lies I was told it is very alarming.
    I do apologise that we were unable to do more for you from here. However, to remove these charges from here, we would have had to set up a call recording case. Glad to hear that you got it sorted in the end.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

-Anna

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks,
    Anna
    I do apologise that we were unable to do more for you from here. However, to remove these charges from here, we would have had to set up a call recording case. Glad to hear that you got it sorted in the end.

- Adam
    Lets say the calls didn't take place (which they did) and there was no web chat.

You're saying that you wouldn't waive the charges of 62 euro for phone only, when I actually ordered broadband, tv and phone for 44euro per month and given a live date of 31st May when ordering. I asked was this the definite date and was told yes.

Then it turns out to be delayed, you really think its fair to expect the customer to pay 62 euro for phone only just because you decided to activate it first whilst having the customer think the rest of their order will be installed right after. Eir should definitely have the information available to them to know its not actually available before activating the phone. And then should ask the customer do you want phone only for 62 euro or wait for your total package and pay 44 euro.

Still not installed by the way was told early July. What if this date is bogus too?

-Anna

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks,
    Anna
    I do apologise that we were unable to do more for you from here. However, to remove these charges from here, we would have had to set up a call recording case. Glad to hear that you got it sorted in the end.

- Adam
    Lets say the calls didn't take place (which they did) and there was no web chat.

You're saying that you wouldn't waive the charges of 62 euro for phone only, when I actually ordered broadband, tv and phone for 44euro per month and given a live date of 31st May when ordering. I asked was this the definite date and was told yes.

Then it turns out to be delayed, you really think its fair to expect the customer to pay 62 euro for phone only just because you decided to activate it first whilst having the customer think the rest of their order will be installed right after. Eir should definitely have the information available to them to know its not actually available before activating the phone. And then should ask the customer do you want phone only for 62 euro or wait for your total package and pay 44 euro.

Still not installed by the way was told early July. What if this date is bogus too?
    I completely understand that, however, we do have a call recording facility in place in the case that a customer is disputing a bill. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I can check if there's a date set for your installation.

- Adam

• Advertisement

-Anna

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks,
    Anna

- Adam

I completely understand that, however, we do have a call recording facility in place in the case that a customer is disputing a bill. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I can check if there's a date set for your installation.

- Adam
    But lets say no calls took place, you're saying its acceptable for that customer to be charged 62 euro? No way it is a fair charge and actually looks like a setup seeing as the date was wrong and the phone was still activated when Eir knew the broadband wasn't ready. I wonder if the policy about charging customers more when only 1/3 of their bundle is installed was different, would you be making sure installation dates were met then.

Sending you a pm with the account number now

OMG this has to be a joke

After being told several times now the charges are waived I got a text around 2 hours ago saying I owe payment as the direct debit failed (I contacted the bank to refuse this payment as suggested by web chat) The bill date was 14/06/2017 and payment to be taken 28/06/2017

Yesterday evening on My Eir my due balance was 0.00 and it looked like the charges were waived. Now it says outstanding balance is 61.98

Here's the bill

I do not have broadband
    I do not have tv
    I only have an activated phone line which has never even been plugged in as I was told by Eir if I don't use it until the broadband is installed, then I won't be charged anything.

Here's the bill

I do not have broadband
    I do not have tv
    I only have an activated phone line which has never even been plugged in as I was told by Eir if I don't use it until the broadband is installed, then I won't be charged anything.
    I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

Here's the bill

I do not have broadband
    I do not have tv

- Adam
    Replied to your pm

Adam has told me the charges are definitely waived however My Eir still says outstanding balance 61.98 when it said 0 yesterday. Surely this will be added onto my next bill if it says outstanding balance?

• Advertisement

Here's the bill

I do not have broadband
    I do not have tv

- Adam
    Replied to your pm

Adam has told me the charges are definitely waived however My Eir still says outstanding balance 61.98 when it said 0 yesterday. Surely this will be added onto my next bill if it says outstanding balance?
    This charge will not appear on your next bill as it has been removed from your account. My eir will update when your next bill is issued.

- Adam

Still not installed, was told work would be done by 9th July or earlier. 2nd deadline Eir have missed.

Messaged Adam a few days ago as he said to get in contact if it wasn't installed by then but haven't heard back

I hope you're going to cancel my second bill which is due soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi spix,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

In regards to your credits, if this has not been resolved, I'm afraid you will need to follow this up with the relevant team as we will not be issuing the credits from here as previously advised.

In regards to your installation, I have been advised by our Wholesale department that a forecast date for this order has been given and work should be completed for installation by 06/08.

Work has already begun by our eFibre build team to arrange your connection. As soon as this work is completed an appointment will be arranged to complete work in the premises. 

I'm afraid due to the nature of work requested not all installations are straightforward & a high level of work will be required. An agent will be in touch to arrange your appointment.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Hi spix,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

In regards to your credits, if this has not been resolved, I'm afraid you will need to follow this up with the relevant team as we will not be issuing the credits from here as previously advised.

In regards to your installation, I have been advised by our Wholesale department that a forecast date for this order has been given and work should be completed for installation by 06/08.

Work has already begun by our eFibre build team to arrange your connection. As soon as this work is completed an appointment will be arranged to complete work in the premises. 

I'm afraid due to the nature of work requested not all installations are straightforward & a high level of work will be required. An agent will be in touch to arrange your appointment.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Anna....I got this message.

I'm sorry I can't offer better news on this, unfortunately, we would be unable to escalate any forecast dates due to the amount of work needed.

Thank,
    Anna

I'm sorry I can't offer better news on this, unfortunately, we would be unable to escalate any forecast dates due to the amount of work needed.

Thank,
    Anna
    Would you like to tell me some details on the work needed? Because I know the area which is unconnected and Eir have not been here at all. It's not the amount of work needed you just aren't doing anything.

First you lie to me when ordering. Then push the installation date back another month, now another month. How many more times are you going to do this? Why did you not tell me about this high amount of work needed when I ordered and you gave me a ready date of 31st May.
    In regards to your credits, if this has not been resolved, I'm afraid you will need to follow this up with the relevant team as we will not be issuing the credits from here as previously advised.
    I will just tell my bank to refuse the payment again since I don't know which relevant team you are talking about. Only reason you haven't been able to steal my money thus far is because I contacted my bank, all the teams are lying to me. The phone, the web chat, boards.ie . I'm actually shocked at Eir and feels like I'm dealing with scammers.

Unfortunately, there may be many factors as to why the forecast date has been pushed back.

Depending on the work required, permits and planning permission would need to be obtained and granted.

I'm afraid we would not have exact details here as to what is needed.

I am very sorry you feel this way, however, I can assure you that we are not lying to you.

-Anna

Unfortunately, there may be many factors as to why the forecast date has been pushed back.

Depending on the work required, permits and planning permission would need to be obtained and granted.

I'm afraid we would not have exact details here as to what is needed.

I am very sorry you feel this way, however, I can assure you that we are not lying to you.

-Anna

That's another lie.

I have been hearing nothing but lies, you can deny it but I know the truth and you can check your call records and web chat records. I am being lied to every time I speak to Eir.

I'm going on holidays 8th August but not expecting it to be ready that date either.

Got another bill for 39.35

All I wanted was to order new ftth broadband after getting an Eir leaflet in the post saying its available. Eir confirmed on the phone it would be ready 31st May so I ordered. Little did I know what I was getting myself into.

First when I ordered I asked would it be 100% installed at this date and was told yes. This turned out to be a lie.

Then I was told if I don't use the phone line until the rest of my bundle is installed then I won't be charged. Another lie.

I get a bill for 62 euro, Eir want me to pay it when I asked on the phone and on this forum.

Web chat says they will waive the charge, this turns out to be false and only reason money wasn't taken from my bank account is because I told my bank to block it.

Eir tell me new live date is 9th July.
    9th July comes, Eir tell me new live date is 6th August.

Get another bill

Anna thinks this is a legitimate charge. I still don't have broadband and tv. My bundle price should be 45 euro at this month but they're charging me 40 euro for an unused phone line. Is 150mb broadband and tv only worth 5 euro a month compared to this highly valuable LANDLINE? Says it all really.

There was so much more lies between all this on the phone, web chat, boards.ie reps, and from Eir reps showing up at my door trying to sell me something which still requires a 'high amount of work'

The amount of lies and trickery from Eir is aboslutely shocking.

I do apologise Spix.

Unfortunately, as your phone services are active you will be billed for the services you are receiving.

I'm sorry you feel this way, however, I'm afraid I cannot offer you better news on this.

-Anna

• Advertisement

I do apologise Spix.

Unfortunately, as your phone services are active you will be billed for the services you are receiving.

I'm sorry you feel this way, however, I'm afraid I cannot offer you better news on this.

-Anna
    Thing is, I never agreed to this, it's not what I signed up to. And you told me different on the phone, that I will not be charged anything if the phone line is not used until the entire bundle is installed. You cant lie to customers and then do a 180 when it suits you.

From what I see, at the time my phone line was reactivated my broadband was still far away from being ready. So why did Eir activate it without letting me know I will be charged out of bundle prices for it and ask if I' m okay with that? Because you know what the answer will be so done it without my consent.

My contract is for broadband, tv and phone. Since you are currently only able to supply phone which I don't need as its unused since installation, I'd be happy if you could cancel the phone line until everything is available. I never agreed to a phone only contract so you should be able to do this, yes?

I cannot speak on behalf of another department.

If this was advised to you, I can set up a call recording case for you and a resolution will then be agreed to by the relevant department.

Unfortunately, this is all that we would be able to from our side.

-Anna

I cannot speak on behalf of another department.

If this was advised to you, I can set up a call recording case for you and a resolution will then be agreed to by the relevant department.

Unfortunately, this is all that we would be able to from our side.

-Anna
    Can you reply to the rest of my questions?

Would I be able to cancel the phone line until what I ordered is fully installed?

Why have you not set up a call recording case already? Not that I care about that because I won't be letting Eir take any money from me until all services are installed. But I'm pretty sure I already said to open a call recording case just so you can see I'm telling the truth.

I'm sorry about that.

I would recommend contacting our loyalty department on 1800 303 600 and they can advise you on all of your options in regards to this.

Thanks,
    Anna

I'm sorry about that.

I would recommend contacting our loyalty department on 1800 303 600 and they can advise you on all of your options in regards to this.

Thanks,
    Anna
    So basically you can't do anything and don't know anything. Maybe you should have told me that to begin with so I don't waste my time replying here. I don't want to be rude but what's the point of this forum then.

There are many things we can do here and unfortunately, this is not a service we can provide from this channel or advise on.

Any cancellation of service will need to be discussed with the relevant department.

-Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

I actually thought my husband was going to have a stroke when he was trying to sort out our initial connection over the phone. Eir are very difficult to deal with! You have my sympathy. Take care.

There are many things we can do here and unfortunately, this is not a service we can provide from this channel or advise on.

Any cancellation of service will need to be discussed with the relevant department.

-Anna
    I'm not asking you to cancel, I'm asking do you know if I should be able to cancel? Since you are previously telling me that this is a legitimate charge you should know the full details on this kind of situation.... otherwise you shouldn't be telling me anything as I made my situation very clear.

And have you setup the call recording case? Not that I care about that because I won't be letting Eir take any money from me until all services are installed. But I'm pretty sure I already said to open a call recording case just so you can see I'm telling the truth.

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    I actually thought my husband was going to have a stroke when he was trying to sort out our initial connection over the phone. Eir are very difficult to deal with!  You have my sympathy. Take care.
    Thanks and yes it's extremely stressful dealing with them. Never seen anything like it.

• Advertisement

I'm afraid we cannot advise on a cancellation for a service from this channel.

-Anna

Advertisement