Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order not installed, trying to charge me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

eir: Anna wrote: »
    I'm afraid we cannot advise on a cancellation for a service from this channel.

-Anna
    I understand. Could you at least tell me what would my contract standing be considering Eir have not installed the services within a reasonable amount of time. Am I actually in a contract or free to cancel everything, considering it has not been flufilled by you yet I don't see how I could possibly be in a contract. Please send me a pm with a link to the contract details so I can look through it.

And have you opened the call recording case? Gave you the details of when the call took place in a pm a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I will set the call recording case up for you now and this can take up to 21 days to be completed.

I'm afraid as this is not our department, we would be unable to advise on this from here.

Thanks,
    Anna

I will set the call recording case up for you now and this can take up to 21 days to be completed.

I'm afraid as this is not our department, we would be unable to advise on this from here.

Thanks,
    Anna
    I tried to phone loyalty team on the number you gave me 1800 303 600 but it says this number is no longer in service

Where can I read my contract details?

You may need to try 1901 and this will then transfer you to the loyalty department.

Our customer care team may be able to advise you of your contract details.

Thanks,
    Anna

You may need to try 1901 and this will then transfer you to the loyalty department.

Our customer care team may be able to advise you of your contract details.

Thanks,
    Anna
    There must be somewhere I can read them myself? Can't expect someone to read a full contract over the phone....would take forever and needs to be looked at properly not listened to.

• Advertisement

All of our terms and conditions that would stated in your contract are available here.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Hi Spix

U have my total sympathy and thanks for highlighting. Eir are just about the worst service company I have ever dealt with.

I had issues when I upgraded an account (i.e. moved from one acc number to a new account number) - I was double charged and when I phoned up, the reps didn't seem to even understand the issue and when I was being transferred from Team A to Team B it was a matter of course for me to be cut off (happened 3 times) ..... and have to start all over again.

Eir held a significant credit on the old account and it took Eir over 3 months and several phone calls to transfer that credit for the old account to the new account. In the meantime Eir were billing me under the new acc number & warning me if I didn't pay I could have my service removed because money was due under the new account number.

Seriously u couldn't make it up.

Anyways the detail isn't important here - other than to say I totally empathise with you. Your best bet is to phone Eir and ask to speak to the Customer Care Manager or someone at that level. Dealing with anyone else is just a waste of time.

Best of luck.

All of our terms and conditions that would stated in your contract are available here.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Where can I view my contract that I actually signed up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

This makes astonishing reading. 62 euro for a landline! What is annoying me the most about everything you have reported is that Eir would have deducted 103.95 from your account if you had not been so organised and blocked it.

It is incomprehensible that Eir think their behaviour is ethical.

Genuinely shocked.

All of our terms and conditions that would stated in your contract are available here.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Can you tell me which email address I would need to send an email to for this kind of situation... someone who can actually do something. I'd like to have my own record of the conversation without having to request a call recording case and waiting 1 month.

I read some of the details in the terms+conditions there and says you can dispute a bill within 14 days but doesn't actually say who to contact regarding it. I also don't see any details about what happens if Eir fail to provide all parts of a bundle, it only details what happens if a customer decides to cancel certain parts of a bundle.

Well anyway, since you're an Eir rep I'm letting you know that I'm disputing my latest bill in accordance with your terms and conditions so if you can pass the details onto the relevant department and give me a reference number/email address to follow up with, that'd be great.

• Advertisement

If you wish to have the call sent to you, you will need to request this in writing to the following address:

Data Protection Officer

eircom HQ
    1 Heuston South Quarter
    St. John's Road
    Dublin 8

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]You must accompany the letter with a cheque or postal order for €6.35[/font]

I[font=Calibri, sans-serif]f the charge is not received the request will be declined, you must pay the set charge in order to obtain this.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]If you wish to log an official complaint in regards to this, you can view the complaints process here http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Anna[/font]

If you wish to have the call sent to you, you will need to request this in writing to the following address:

Data Protection Officer

eircom HQ
    1 Heuston South Quarter
    St. John's Road
    Dublin 8

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]You must accompany the letter with a cheque or postal order for €6.35[/font].

I[font=Calibri, sans-serif]f the charge is not received the request will be declined, you must pay the set charge in order to obtain this.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]If you wish to log an official complaint in regards to this, you can view the complaints process here http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice [/font]

I don't want to have the call sent to me.. especially when you want payment? I want to know which email address do I contact to dispute a bill properly. It says in your t+c

All complaints received by letter, fax or e-mail will be acknowledged within two working days of receipt. The Customer will be provided with a unique reference number and advise d of the expected investigation and resolution timelines.

and

If a Customer wishes to dispute any account, bill, fee or Charge, security or advance payment under this Agreement he must do so promptly and in no case later than fourteen calendar days after the date of the date of the demand for the Charge has issued.

In respect of all disputed accounts, eir will deal with all such disputes in accordance with its Code of Practice on www.eir.ie/codeofpractice In line with the Code of Practice eir will acknowledge all such disputes within two Working Days.

So I want my dispute acknowledged within 2 working days and a reference number. Either you can pass on the details or give me the correct email address of whoever deals with these situations

The link you sent me shows as broken then goes to the support page where there's nothing about complaints or code of practice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

spix wrote: »

Data Protection Officer

eircom HQ
    1 Heuston South Quarter
    St. John's Road
    Dublin 8

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]You must accompany the letter with a cheque or postal order for €6.35[/font].

I[font=Calibri, sans-serif]f the charge is not received the request will be declined, you must pay the set charge in order to obtain this.[/font]

I don't want to have the call sent to me.. especially when you want payment? I want to know which email address do I contact to dispute a bill properly. It says in your t+c

All complaints  received by letter, fax or e-mail will be acknowledged within two working days of receipt. The Customer will be provided with a unique reference number and advise  d of the expected investigation and resolution timelines.  

and

If  a  Customer  wishes  to  dispute  any  account,  bill,  fee  or Charge, security  or  advance  payment  under  this  Agreement  he  must  do  so  promptly  and  in  no  case  later  than  fourteen  calendar  days  after  the  date  of  the  date  of  the    demand  for  the  Charge  has  issued.  

In respect of all disputed accounts, eir    will deal with all such disputes in accordance with its Code of Practice on www.eir.ie/codeofpractice In  line  with  the  Code  of  Practice  eir will  acknowledge  all  such  disputes within two Working Days.  

So I want my dispute acknowledged within 2 working days and a reference number. Either you can pass on the details or give me the correct email address of whoever deals with these situations

The link you sent me shows as broken then goes to the support page where there's nothing about complaints or code of practice
    Hi Spix,

I use the email ccm@eir.ie for my direct complaints to eir. I would suggest that you request a complaint reference number when you send your first email, as from personal experience they have never provided me with one until i have actually asked for it. You normally get an automated reply acknowledging receipt of your email and stating they will be in contact within 2 working days - not that they always do though!

Wow. My sympathies Spix.

Well done for creating the thread and hopefully warn others to stay away from Eir.

Im Eir free for the past 3 years and after the way which they treated me and also the way they treated my father I have vowed never to have any thing to do with them.

Id have a serious problem morally if I was an Eir rep.

Data Protection Officer

eircom HQ
    1 Heuston South Quarter
    St. John's Road
    Dublin 8

All complaints  received by letter, fax or e-mail will be acknowledged within two working days of receipt. The Customer will be provided with a unique reference number and advise  d of the expected investigation and resolution timelines.  

and

If  a  Customer  wishes  to  dispute  any  account,  bill,  fee  or Charge, security  or  advance  payment  under  this  Agreement  he  must  do  so  promptly  and  in  no  case  later  than  fourteen  calendar  days  after  the  date  of  the  date  of  the    demand  for  the  Charge  has  issued.  

In respect of all disputed accounts, eir    will deal with all such disputes in accordance with its Code of Practice on www.eir.ie/codeofpractice In  line  with  the  Code  of  Practice  eir will  acknowledge  all  such  disputes within two Working Days.  

I do apologise as I read that wrong.

You can view our complaints process here and log a complaint online.

You can also send a written complaint to:

eir Complaints,
    6th Floor,
    Telephone House,
    Marlborough Street,
    Dublin 1.

Included in your letter must be your full name, account number and nature of your complaint and our complaints team will then contact you in regards to this.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

The latest bill makes no sense....I see the monthly charge being shown as 52, 49, 47 at different parts of the bill but it's supposed to be 44/month for first 6 months for broadband/tv/phone. But then the charge somehow ends up being 39.35. Not that I have any intention of paying it either way.

However the most confusing part is what it says in the red rectangle, how can you withdraw something I don't have?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Wow! I've just finished reading this thread and I feel your pain, Spix. 

I've never heard anything like it. Talk about pass the buck. 

What exactly is the point of the reps on here? 

All I can say is I've been free of these charlatans for 7 years now and I'm mightily relieved as it looks like nothing really changes. You can re-brand as many times as you like but it's still rotten to the core.

Got an email saying another install date arranged for 1st August let's see how that goes.. could be Eir trying to fool me into paying the bill. Wouldn't be surprised if the installer comes out and says its not live yet again.

To be continued :)

Also Anna, there was an issue with the monthly price before I found out it wasn't going to be installed at the original date. The price I signed up to was 44 for first 6 months, 49 for 6 months, 85 for 6 months. With 100 euro cashback that I got an email about saying I couldn't redeem it until all services were installed.

But the email confirmation I got did not include the 5 euro discount for 6 months that was shown when I ordered. I already spoke to someone on the phone about this and Leanne on boards.ie who said it was indeed missing on the account but would correct it once first bill was issued. However obviously there was no point to doing this since Eir never installed my services.

If my services are indeed installed on 1st August can you make sure charged the correct price and the 5 euro online discount is applied to the bill as I am tired of calling and messaging people about problems...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Got an email saying another install date arranged for 1st August let's see how that goes.. could be Eir trying to fool me into paying the bill. Wouldn't be surprised if the installer comes out and says its not live yet again.

Also Anna, there was an issue with the monthly price before I found out it wasn't going to be installed at the original date. The price I signed up to was 44 for first 6 months, 49 for 6 months, 85 for 6 months. With 100 euro cashback that I got an email about saying I couldn't redeem it until all services were installed.

But the email confirmation I got did not include the 5 euro discount for 6 months that was shown when I ordered. I already spoke to someone on the phone about this and Leanne on boards.ie who said it was indeed missing on the account but would correct it once first bill was issued. However obviously there was no point to doing this since Eir never installed my services.

If my services are indeed installed on 1st August can you make sure  charged the correct price and the 5 euro online discount is applied to the bill as I am tired of calling and messaging people about problems...
    Hi Spix,

I have your account details in my PM's. I'll have a look into this for you and let you know when I have more information on this for you.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

If my services are indeed installed on 1st August can you make sure charged the correct price and the 5 euro online discount is applied to the bill as I am tired of calling and messaging people about problems...
    Hi Spix,

I have your account details in my PM's. I'll have a look into this for you and let you know when I have more information on this for you.

- Adam
    KN called me a few minutes ago saying the installation that was arranged for tomorrow is cancelled as still not ready for installation... why was another installation arranged if its not ready?

You told me in pm's that you have no limit to how many times you can push forward the estimate date but I have a limit. If its not installed at the next forecast date I don't want to hear anything from Eir again regarding this, no emails, texts or bills. I'm not calling up someone else to try explain this mess so if it needs to be put through another department who deals with cancellations you can do this for me. Then you can message me once it is actually ready, perhaps in a couple of years or whenever that will be and I will order it. But until then I don't want to be getting bill texts every month which I rightly refuse to pay. You shouldn't be allowed to sell something that's nowhere near ready then send customers bills...I don't owe Eir a cent until what I ordered is actually installed. What I ordered is a bundle consisting of broadband/tv/phone for 44 a month not phone for 40 euro a month.

• Advertisement

If my services are indeed installed on 1st August can you make sure  charged the correct price and the 5 euro online discount is applied to the bill as I am tired of calling and messaging people about problems...
    Hi Spix,

- Adam
    KN called me a few minutes ago saying the installation that was arranged for tomorrow is cancelled as still not ready for installation... why was another installation arranged if its not ready?

You told me in pm's that you have no limit to how many times you can push forward the estimate date but I have a limit. If its not installed at the next forecast date I don't want to hear anything from Eir again regarding this, no emails, texts or bills. I'm not calling up someone else to try explain this mess so if it needs to be put through another department who deals with cancellations you can do this for me. Then you can message me once it is actually ready, perhaps in a couple of years or whenever that will be and I will order it. But until then I don't want to be getting bill texts every month which I rightly refuse to pay. You shouldn't be allowed to sell something that's nowhere near ready then send customers bills...I don't owe Eir a cent until what I ordered is actually installed. What I ordered is a bundle consisting of broadband/tv/phone for 44 a month not phone for 40 euro a month.
    I am really sorry to hear that.

I'm afraid that you would need to ring our cancellations department on 1901 if you are looking to cancel this order as we can't do this from here. However, I would recommend that you don't do this as, if you cancel your order, we won't be able to send technicians out to you in order to get this work com0pleted.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

I am really sorry to hear that.

I'm afraid that you would need to ring our cancellations department on 1901 if you are looking to cancel this order as we can't do this from here. However, I would recommend that you don't do this as, if you cancel your order, we won't be able to send technicians out to you in order to get this work com0pleted.

- Adam

That's hilarious.
    Please don't cancel your order, cos if you do it will be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

- Adam
    Ha! It's pretty clear you're unable to send out technicians as it is.

This makes my blood boil. I feel your pain, OP. I've had similar issues before with Eir. Once where they promised me free installation and then charged me for it, and threatened to cut me off and sue me if I didn't pay it. And once through their Meteor subsidiary, when they persistently overcharged me and then set up a new direct debit after I'd cancelled the original one.

Make sure Eir are actually blacklisted with your bank to prevent them setting up future DDs, it may not be enough to just block the current one. (You'll need to whitelist them again if they ever actually provide you a service). 
    And definitely escalate the issue. It'll be pointless, but you need to go through the process before you can go to Comreg

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Just signed up for 150Mb BB @ €55 per month. Got transcript of chat which has assurance that I will be only charged €55 and no extras.
    Email from Eir with contract......Guess what.....price is now €57.

Web chat assured me ....no extras.

They are unbelievable.......do they do anything honest????????

And I am in credit with this crowd of chancers.

Buyer be very aware.  I am paying what I agreed to pay...€55

garroff wrote: »
    Just signed up for 150Mb BB @ €55 per month. Got transcript of chat which has assurance that I will be only charged €55 and no extras.
    Email from Eir with contract......Guess what.....price is now €57.

Web chat assured me ....no extras.

They are unbelievable.......do they do anything honest????????

And I am in credit with this crowd of chancers.

Buyer be very aware.  I am paying what I agreed to pay...€55
    Hi garroff,

Sorry to hear this. If you PM me your account number and full name, I can check on this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

For anyone interested in this, Anna is telling me the charges are legitimate. What a sham.  I won't be paying them as this is several failures on Eirs part and none on mine.

Eir gave an installation date THEY couldn't meet to get me to sign up to a contract. Several people on my road are having the same issue. My neighbour had a KN technician remove his phone line as his fibre to the home bundle bundle included VOIP. Then after doing this, the technician discovered it wasn't live yet. This was 3 weeks after the technician came out to install mine so clearly Eir are still getting people to sign up to something that isn't ready.

Eir lied to me by telling me on at least 2 ocassions that I wouldn't be charged anything if I don't use the phone line part of the bundle whilst waiting for the others to be ready. If they said I would be charged I would have cancelled the contract right then.

Eir told me 2 days ago the charges will be waived but they actually aren't according to Anna.

You couldn't make it up... Bill for 62 euro for an unused phone line when I signed up to Broadband/tv/phone for 44 euro.
    Similar thing happened to my parents- technician told them he couldn't install because sockets needed to be moved up the wall. Parents decided not to go ahead but were charged every month for almost a year. Took a LOT of back & forth to get their money back but they did eventually.

optogirl wrote: »
    For anyone interested in this, Anna is telling me the charges are legitimate. What a sham. I won't be paying them as this is several failures on Eirs part and none on mine.

Eir gave an installation date THEY couldn't meet to get me to sign up to a contract. Several people on my road are having the same issue. My neighbour had a KN technician remove his phone line as his fibre to the home bundle bundle included VOIP. Then after doing this, the technician discovered it wasn't live yet. This was 3 weeks after the technician came out to install mine so clearly Eir are still getting people to sign up to something that isn't ready.

Eir lied to me by telling me on at least 2 ocassions that I wouldn't be charged anything if I don't use the phone line part of the bundle whilst waiting for the others to be ready. If they said I would be charged I would have cancelled the contract right then.

Eir told me 2 days ago the charges will be waived but they actually aren't according to Anna.

You couldn't make it up... Bill for 62 euro for an unused phone line when I signed up to Broadband/tv/phone for 44 euro.
    Similar thing happened to my parents- technician told them he couldn't install because sockets needed to be moved up the wall. Parents decided not to go ahead but were charged every month for almost a year. Took a LOT of back & forth to get their money back but they did eventually.
    I'm sure things like this happen to lots of people but my situation is as worse as can be. The product they sold is not actually available to me yet, but when ordering they told me 31st May... now they are just pushing it back a month.. every month and sending me almost full price bills. The main part of the bundle I ordered is obviously the fibre broadband, then tv, phone is least important.

They made sure to activate the phone for me before I would find out the broadband won't be available for several months, then told me lies on the phone saying I wouldn't be charged anything until everything is installed, until it came time to be charged and then they decide I'm required to pay. I'd love for them to show me the part of the contract which shows I agreed to pay 40e a month for phone only. To be fair though I think the people on boards.ie are low level support and they don't have power to do anything outside their guidelines regardless of how ridiculous they are being. They make it really difficult to actually contact someone with any kind of power, the motto of the rest of their staff seems to be 'say what the customer wants to hear unless it involves not paying a bill'

Eir Anna have you heard back on the call recording case yet?

optogirl wrote: »
    For anyone interested in this, Anna is telling me the charges are legitimate. What a sham.  I won't be paying them as this is several failures on Eirs part and none on mine.

I'm sure things like this happen to lots of people but my situation is as worse as can be. The product they sold is not actually available to me yet, but when ordering they told me 31st May... now they are just pushing it back a month.. every month and sending me almost full price bills. The main part of the bundle I ordered is obviously the fibre broadband, then tv, phone is least important.

They made sure to activate the phone for me before I would find out the broadband won't be available for several months, then told me lies on the phone saying I wouldn't be charged anything until everything is installed, until it came time to be charged and then they decide I'm required to pay. I'd love for them to show me the part of the contract which shows I agreed to pay 40e a month for phone only. To be fair though I think the people on boards.ie are low level support and they don't have power to do anything outside their guidelines regardless of how ridiculous they are being. They make it really difficult to actually contact someone with any kind of power, the motto of the rest of their staff seems to be 'say what the customer wants to hear unless it involves not paying a bill'

Eir Anna have you heard back on the call recording case yet?
    I have responded to your latest PM about this.

- Adam

Apparently Anna does not work here any more. And the other Eir rep I was speaking to 'Leanne' does not either. Seems these reps get replaced very often as they don't/can't follow up on what they say to customers. I've seen so many other threads of people asking for follow ups from Anna and just gives delays then eventually leaves? Boards.ie should investigate this forum as its making fools out of us thinking this is a real support forum.

• Advertisement

Back from holidays to find a 3rd bill for 47 euro up from 39.35 last month. Funny stuff. Still got nothing except the unused phone line when my bundle price was advertised as 44 euro for 6 months for 150mb broadband/tv/phone.

Got a 3rd installation date from Eir for 22nd August, lets see if they actually deliver this time or is it just more false info given out from the incompetent Eir 'agents'

Advertisement