Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order not installed, trying to charge me

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

spix wrote: »
    Back from holidays to find a 3rd bill for 47 euro up from 39.35 last month. Funny stuff. Still got nothing except the unused phone line when my bundle price was advertised as 44 euro for 6 months for 150mb broadband/tv/phone.

Got a 3rd installation date from Eir for 22nd August, lets see if they actually deliver this time or is it just more false info given out from the incompetent Eir 'agents'
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm afraid I'll be unable to remove the charges from your latest bill. As advised in my PM to you, I would need you to send me the relevant information in regards to the call that you would like to be listened to in order to have this looked into further.

I've checked your account for you and there is an appointment booked for you for the 22nd. I

- Adam

Alan, a question for you...

Do you not see that this customer is paying for a service that is a reduced package than he ordered?? Yet Eir are charging him full price for the full package?
    Do you really not see this??

If you booked a four star room in a hotel but on arrival received a 2 star standard but were charged for the 4 star would you be happy??

Do you really not see how this customer is being treated?

Honestly????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Back from holidays to find a 3rd bill for 47 euro up from 39.35 last month. Funny stuff. Still got nothing except the unused phone line when my bundle price was advertised as 44 euro for 6 months for 150mb broadband/tv/phone.

Got a 3rd installation date from Eir for 22nd August, lets see if they actually deliver this time or is it just more false info given out from the incompetent Eir 'agents'
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm afraid I'll be unable to remove the charges from your latest bill. As advised in my PM to you, I would need you to send me the relevant information in regards to the call that you would like to be listened to in order to have this looked into further.

I've checked your account for you and there is an appointment booked for you for the 22nd. I

- Adam
    I don't care if u remove the charges because I won't be paying them either way.

Anna told me she already setup the call recording case so you should be able to get the details? Or do I have go round the roundabout again until you disappear and a new rep appears?

TheTorment wrote: »
    Alan, a question for you...

Do you not see that this customer is paying for a service that is a reduced package than he ordered?? Yet Eir are charging him full price for the full package?
    Do you really not see this??

If you booked a four star room in a hotel but on arrival received a 2 star standard but were charged for the 4 star would you be happy??

Do you really not see how this customer is being treated?

Honestly????
    Its embarrassing the way they actually seem to think their replies are perfectly okay and acceptable.

It's more like 5 star to 1 star since the broadband is by far the most important component of the bundle, even Eir know this by how its advertised on Eirs website.

Hi,

- Adam

Anna told me she already setup the call recording case so you should be able to get the details? Or do I have go round the roundabout again until you disappear and a new rep appears?
    As advised in my PM to you, this call recording wasn't set up for you and I do apologise for this. I would need you to send me the information that I've requested in order to set it up.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Hi,

- Adam

As advised in my PM to you, this call recording wasn't set up for you and I do apologise for this. I would need you to send me the information that I've requested in order to set it up.

- Adam
    More lies then... not surprised.

Honestly I've avoided even reading the last pm u sent as I just get angry and annoyed everytime I read one as all the pms I got  just come across as Eir not giving a sh**. (except ones from Leanne, perhaps fired for actually helping?)

I'm just going to use this thread to give updates on my situation until it is resolved, you don't have to reply everytime unless I actually ask something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Any other country, they'd be offering you a year's free connection as a basic apology for the endless series of incompetent cock-ups. Unfortunately, it's just business as usual for Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

It amazes me that Eir is not so monumentally embarrassed by this thread that they are clambering over themselves to sort out the OP's problem.  Do they not see by the number of views how many people are following their incompetency and completely farcical replies?  Even if they haven't a scrap of empathy or concern for the OP, have they no concept of how this is affecting THEM?  

People are being referred to this thread from other parts of Boards and elsewhere and reacting accordingly.  I have cancelled my similarly bogus FTTH order as a result and I know of others who have done the same.  Even if I have to take FTTH from Eir whenever it really does become live in my area, I will be jumping ship at the first opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Thanks for this information Spix.

I was googling broadband, and signed up to boards to say thanks and tell you that this thread came high in the results.

Hopefully others will also be forewarned.

Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I don't see the point of this "Talk to.." forum. Are these reps actually representing Eir? I can't believe they are asking for the details again!!! for the call recording. 
    And why is Anna still showing as a rep? 
    This thread shows just how easy it is for a large corporation to take your money without providing the service they are contracted to do. It's fraud or theft or call it what you will. If it was you or I we'd be prosecuted. Yet there is no recourse for you.
    Good luck, spix. I hope you finally get the service that you signed up for.

• Advertisement

Another fake installation date... shocker

Hi,

- Adam

- Adam
    22nd has come and gone. Was still not ready for installation. Installer said there was a low signal fault at exchange or something like that. Seems like the connection is completed though if the installer was telling the truth. 1 problem goes another arrives.

31st May, 8th June, 9th July, 1st August, 6th August, 22nd August

Perhaps the 7th date you give me will be accurate? It's been 3 months since I ordered. 3 months of 'work' and still not ready yet you sold it to me under the illusion it was ready immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

Hi,

- Adam

- Adam
    22nd has come and gone. Was still not ready for installation. Installer said there was a low signal fault at exchange or something like that. Seems like the connection is completed though if the installer was telling the truth. 1 problem goes another arrives.

31st May, 8th June, 9th July, 1st August, 6th August, 22nd August

Perhaps the 7th date you give me will be accurate? It's been 3 months since I ordered. 3 months of 'work' and still not ready yet you sold it to me under the illusion it was ready immediately.
    This is unbelievable stuff. 
    Would oyu consider giving the Joe Duffy show a call?
    Somebody needs to. 
    Looking back at all the forums sohw that there would be plenty of people willing to give their horror stories. 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

nino1 wrote: »
    This is unbelievable stuff. 
    Would oyu consider giving the Joe Duffy show a call?
    Somebody needs to. 
    Looking back at all the forums sohw that there would be plenty of people willing to give their horror stories. 

There's a lad on eir's community forum on their website talking about doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭turkeyboy1990

Can someone help me please!!
    So currently i've been an eircom broadband and landline user for over 8 years with the following bundle: eir Complete Broadband & Phone (eir Talk Unlimited Mobile & UK ) @ €72.00 per month + Call Answering service €1.54
    (Same bundle since i signed up)

I contacted on their online chat and inquired regarding the slow and regular disconnection however they didn't find any fault. I was then suggested upgrading to eir fibre free of charge and went ahead with it and after emphasising several times that i wouldn't be paying any additional charges besides my current bill then i would be okay with it. I then gave the green light and was replied with the order details etc.

Can someone tell me if i had been deceived and pressurised into saying yes to process the order and later i would be definitely charged for it? The name of the person was foreign and rushed the whole conversation.

Sadly i didn't read this thread before i contacted them and now i'm uneasy and anxious...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

If you've only just done this you should be inside the cooling-off period?

Can someone help me please!!
    So currently i've been an eircom broadband and landline user for over 8 years with the following bundle: eir Complete Broadband & Phone (eir Talk Unlimited Mobile & UK  ) @ €72.00 per month + Call Answering service €1.54
    (Same bundle since i signed up)

I contacted on their online chat and inquired regarding the slow and regular disconnection however they didn't find any fault. I was then suggested upgrading to eir fibre free of charge and went ahead with it and after emphasising several times that i wouldn't be paying any additional charges besides my current bill then i would be okay with it. I then gave the green light and was replied with the order details etc.

Can someone tell me if i had been deceived and pressurised into saying yes to process the order and later i would be definitely charged for it? The name of the person was foreign and rushed the whole conversation.

Sadly i didn't read this thread before i contacted them and now i'm uneasy and anxious...
    Hi turkeyboy1990,

Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Hi turkeyboy1990,

Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam
    If within 14 days you can cancel.
    In future record all calls with Eir. They cannot be trusted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

garroff wrote: »
    If within 14 days you can cancel.
    In future record all calls with Eir. They cannot be trusted

Thanks a million. Havent cancelled yet im not really sure if i'm being taken advantage of too or not havent had the time to check too..

Still waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Still waiting

Spix. Instead of waiting around for eir to fix your problem. Why don't you just cancel and just go to a different company?

Fol20 wrote: »
    Still waiting

Spix. Instead of waiting around for eir to fix your problem. Why don't you just cancel and just go to a different company?
    Because the reason it couldn't be installed according to KN is that technically its still not ready. And I have a feeling Eir won't let me cancel easily because they activated the phone line and have been billing me for it. Can't be bothered going through that would rather they just hurry things up and actually finish the work instead of giving me fake installation dates over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Fol20 wrote: »
    Still waiting

Because the reason it couldn't be installed according to KN is that technically its still not ready. And I have a feeling Eir won't let me cancel easily because they activated the phone line and have been billing me for it. Can't be bothered going through that would rather they just hurry things up and actually finish the work instead of giving me fake installation dates over and over again.
    Personally instead of getting stressed out about it, i would enquire about cancelling and moving on with a different company. It looks like its been dragging on for 2 months.

Hi,

- Adam

- Adam
    Any update on new estimate date?

Hi,

- Adam

- Adam
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch. There is a forecast date to have this work completed by 30/9/2017. I do sincerely apologise that this forecast date has been pushed back so many times.

- Adam

Hi,

- Adam

- Adam
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch. There is a forecast date to have this work completed by 30/9/2017. I do sincerely apologise that this forecast date has been pushed back so many times.

- Adam
    I hope Eir has learned from how wrong their past 6 estimates have been and this is a somewhat accurate estimate. At the current rate tho I feel like I'm just being given random dates which mean absolutely nothing.

Hi,

- Adam

- Adam
    Hi,

- Adam
    I hope Eir has learned from how wrong their past 6 estimates have been and this is a somewhat accurate estimate. At the current rate tho I feel like I'm just being given random dates which mean absolutely nothing.
    I completely understand, however, I'm unable to guarantee that the work will be completed by this date. 

- Adam

Hi,

- Adam

- Adam
    Hi,

- Adam
    I completely understand, however, I'm unable to guarantee that the work will be completed by this date. 

- Adam
    But can you guarantee the date my next bill will be issued? :)

Hi,

- Adam

- Adam
    Hi,

- Adam

- Adam
    But can you guarantee the date my next bill will be issued? :)
    Your next bill will be issued on 12/9/2017. 

I appreciate that this has been ongoing for a long time for you and I do apologise for this. As a good will gesture, I have removed the outstanding charges from your last bill from your account.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

That's absolutely the one part of your 'contract' that Eir will stand over without fail.  Funny that ....

Advertisement