Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from a thread for missing a warning that didn't mention me

Options
  • 25-06-2017 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

I was banned from posting on a thread in After Hours. This was for ignoring a warning.

I didn't see the warning, so that's fair enough. But I found the warning and I wouldn't have considered it to apply to me anyway. It doesn't mention me. It quotes another user.

I don't think it's fair to ban me from the thread based on that. There are also some unsavory accusations posted that remain unanswered; I can't provide for my kids and it's due to my smoking and drinking. For the record, I do neither. But of course I have no right of reply now, thanks to this ban.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Are you appealing the ban? Have you PMed the moderator to discuss the ban as per step 1 above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Are you appealing the ban? Have you PMed the moderator to discuss the ban as per step 1 above?
    Yes to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thread bans are not part of the DRP process. Please discuss with the local mods. If you cannot come to a resolution a CMod will adjudicate.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement