Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy groups?

Options
  • 25-06-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey. Are there any pregnancy groups in Waterford? Not toddler groups, but meet ups/support groups for pregnant women. TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Not that I've heard of. When I was pregnant I joined the thread on here for the month I was due. I know it's not the same as meeting up with a group but it was nice having a group who were going through the same things I was around the same time and now we all have our babies and are experiencing similar things around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

callmelisa wrote: »
    Hey. Are there any pregnancy groups in Waterford? Not toddler groups, but meet ups/support groups for pregnant women. TIA.

Hey there is a group Bumps and Babes in John's College ( to the left as you go up the hill from the folly) on Wednesday from 10.30 to 12.30 hosted by Cuidiu (parenting charity - they nominal fee to cover room rental of €3)

They provide support for mums and to-be mums.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Hi there, I second the last post about Bumps'n'Babes it's a great group. Cuidiu also runs a twice-monthly breastfeeding support group which functions like a pregnancy support group as a lot of mothers come before having their baby. Even if you're only thinking of breastfeeding it's a good idea to go along, get info and support beforehand, and meet other expectant and new mothers.
    It's on the first and third Thursday of every month, 10 - 11:30 am in the chapel in Waterford Health Park on the Slievekeale Road.

Advertisement