Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to get photographs copied

• 25-06-2017 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

I have a few old photos (originals almost 100 years old) and would like to get them copied for a relative. I got one of them done in Harvey Norman before, but it really didn't come out well at all. Just wondering if there's anywhere else that would do them. Preferably while I wait as I don't really want to leave them out of my hands. If they disappear I'd be upset as they have great sentimental value.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

There is a place on William Street, not sure of the name, on the left hand side heading up from O'Connell Street, it's one of the first few businesses on that side of the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Try GBM on Hartstonge street. I know they do high quality printing but not sure they do copying but worth a call in if you're in town.

They don't have a website as far as I know. Their no. is 061 317977.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

There is a place on William Street, not sure of the name, on the left hand side heading up from O'Connell Street, it's one of the first few businesses on that side of the road

O'Connors, would also recommend here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Cheers everyone. In town tomorrow so I'll have a look at those two. Just remembered Whelans too. Do they just sell camera and equipment though?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

Cheers everyone. In town tomorrow so I'll have a look at those two. Just remembered Whelans too. Do they just sell camera and equipment though?

They print too and I'm pretty sure David would have the equipment to scan pictures. If you're worried about them getting damaged though, why not photograph them to reproduce them. Just make sure that there is no reflection of windows or lights on them when lining up the camera and you should be able to run off prints like any other photo.

Still don't use Harvey Norman's though. They're cheap for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

SoundStore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Google recently released an app called Photoscan which I have used to scan some old photos we have at home. Some very impressive results and all for free. Might be worth trying before you look into some more professional options? Available on IOS and Android

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ABlur

Hogans Pharmacy 46 Uppr William Street will enhance and copy old photos for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Mr. TTime wrote: »
    Google recently released an app called Photoscan which I have used to scan some old photos we have at home. Some very impressive results and all for free. Might be worth trying before you look into some more professional options? Available on IOS and Android

Can recommend this too. Very good quality from the ones I have done so far and dead simple to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Mr. TTime wrote: »

Yes, good idea, I've used this too when I wanted copies of photos that have the photographers name on it & places like what are mentioned above won't copy them because of copyright, also had very good results

Scan them on to your phone & print off, easy

• Advertisement
Advertisement