Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mild tasting black and white pudding

Options
  • 25-06-2017 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone recommend a brand of pudding which is mild\gentle in flavour and not too spicy\peppery?

I really like the white pudding from Nolans Clontarf but was wondering if there's something available in one of the main supermarkets that would be similar.

There are some suggestions here but they are mostly for specific butchers rather than brands:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057053845

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

For comparison - would you consider clonakilty or denny to be too spicy?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

For comparison - would you consider clonakilty or denny to be too spicy?

Hmmm... memory is a bit rusty. I think I found the clonakilty white to be spicier than the nolans. The denny black was in the right direction... but not quite as mild.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Kelly's white pudding is nice and mild, it's my favourite and I don't like spicy pudding at all.

http://www.kellysbutchers.com/kellys_white_pudding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Kelly's for me too. Love the black pud. My local butcher has it but I think I remember it being available in Supervalu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sounds like Kellys is the one to look for... it says online that Bradys Butchers chains stock it so will check that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭choo choo man

+ 1 for Kellys too. Anyone any recommendations for a nice spicy peppery white pudding?.

Advertisement