Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear/forward facing stroller

Options
  • 25-06-2017 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Heading on holidays shortly and my youngest will be 6 months old. Have a Quinny Buzz which I think is just too big and bulky for traveling/restaurants etc, so have a lend of a stroller which is suitable from birth. My only reservation is that the stroller only forward faces and I'm not sure if I'm ok with her always facing away so can't see her and give toys/soother etc and so she can see us. Won't have car seat or any other places to put her while we're away so expect to be using the buggy/stroller a lot.

Maybe I'm being silly so wondering if anyone else has done similar or what people's thoughts are on forward facing buggies for a 6 month old. Never brought the other children away so young!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I know your asking about strollers, but have you considered a sling/carrier?

We got one when my lo was born and I was very hesitant in using it. I don't have the strongest back and just wasn't convinced by its usefulness. However when we decided to go to London earlier this year I started using the sling to see what it was like, as I didn't think London was the most buggy friendly for getting around. Tbh I haven't used the buggy anywhere other than going for a proper walk since. I absolutely love the carrier. We have a baby Bjorn and we can put bubs facing in or outwards. She absolutely loves the sling, loves facing outwards as she can see everything, but she will also fall asleep in it and when she's tired or I want to try get her asleep I put her facing me. And then I get the added bonus of sleepy baby cuddles :-)!

Anyways, I know your query was regarding a buggy. But I wouldn't go anywhere now without our sling, especially when going abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks, funny we were only saying last night we must try her in the carrier. We got one as a lend but have never used it. I don't think we'd use it as a buggy replacement but might be handy for airport etc. we'd need the buggy for by the pool and when we're having dinner etc because she's not really big enough for a high chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

I moved our two from bassinets to outward facing seats at about 6 months and they absolutely love them. They can see much more around them and I can peek in over the top of the buggy to look at them. Lots of buggies have a mesh flap on the hood that lets you look in at them without stopping the buggy and going to the front to look at them.

Get an attachment to tie the soother to the strap of the buggy. They will soon figure out how to put it into their own mouth. Not always the right way round mind you but tis all part of learning!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My son has been in a Baby Jogger City Mini (outward facing only) from a very young age, we've been very happy with it. Quick fold, big hood and a decent sized basket.

We also use a carrier a lot - taking a buggy of any kind on the tube is an absolute grind and it's much easier to just pop him up into the sling. We have a Connecta and a Manduca and are just starting to transition to back carries using them at 15 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

sillysocks wrote: »
    Heading on holidays shortly and my youngest will be 6 months old. Have a Quinny Buzz which I think is just too big and bulky for traveling/restaurants etc, so have a lend of a stroller which is suitable from birth. My only reservation is that the stroller only forward faces and I'm not sure if I'm ok with her always facing away so can't see her and give toys/soother etc and so she can see us. Won't have car seat or any other places to put her while we're away so expect to be using the buggy/stroller a lot.

Maybe I'm being silly so wondering if anyone else has done similar or what people's thoughts are on forward facing buggies for a 6 month old. Never brought the other children away so young!

We are just back from hols with our 4 month old and we used a forward facing stroller..I was concerned like you that it wouldn't suit but it was absolutely perfect, I wouldn't worry about it! They will love looking around them and the novelty of it! One thing I found invaluable was the snooze shade..you attach it to the top and pull it down over the front of the buggy so they can't see out and it darkens it..especially good when you want them to sleep in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks all, think I was just being silly! She'll prob be delighted with it, I'll try her in the carrier a few times beforehand too to give us both options. You think third time around I'd know these answers ��

Advertisement