Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connaughton Rd Sligo

Options
  • 26-06-2017 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me what's happening up there at all?? Last week I seen contractors marking out parking bays and this evening around 8.30pm I seen one of the temporary residents with black paint in hand painting over the white markings, and he didn't give a toss who seen him. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I assume co council was re-painting parking lines. Then resident was "unpainting" them.. not much else to it really. Law unto themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Sure their an ethnic minority, the poor scum

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

Gipo3 wrote: »

Hardly helpful.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

They're going to claim squatters rights in the courts now according to front of Champion. Council say they've offered 3 different sites to them which they've refused. Since the bust up last week they say their not moving now and it's their land. Grab the popcorn for what's to follow I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Plazaman wrote: »
    They're going to claim squatters rights in the courts now according to front of Champion. Council say they've offered 3 different sites to them which they've refused. Since the bust up last week they say their not moving now and it's their land. Grab the popcorn for what's to follow I say.

Thats what the council get for putting them there.
    Imagine driving to any other town and seeing this crap.
    If i was in charge, I'd have the riot police and a few bulldozers in.

• Advertisement

Hardly helpful.:eek:
    What would you do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

all the good work the tidy towns are doing to spruce and and promote our town and these crowd on one of the main routes through town. Would be a serious sickner if they did get adverse possession etc... hopefully the council can sort this - i don't have much faith though.... they must laugh at the kind offers of a free site/house somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

What would you do so?

I'd refrain from making inflammatory comments using words like 'scum' - like i said, hardly helpful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I'd refrain from making inflammatory comments using words like 'scum' - like i said, hardly helpful!!

Not helpful maybe, but is it inaccurate?

What would you do so?

I'm not trying to be helpful, these "people" have been a scourge on this town for years, including murder of innocent pensioner. And here we have our council trying to provide homes for them, what a joke. Send them into halting site in Ash Lane, which has been destroyed since last crowd were in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Plazaman wrote: »

Not for the first time either.

There was a deadline for them to move on thursday which has passed without anything happening does anyone know what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

promethius wrote: »
    There was a deadline for them to move on thursday which has passed without anything happening does anyone know what is going on?

I won't say nothing's happened. They've trashed their portakabin that was put in there for their bathroom facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I passed yesterday and it looked like there were more caravans than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes....I thought exactly the same thing!
    sligojoek wrote: »
    I passed yesterday and it looked like there were more caravans than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Is this it? Is this fiasco finally over?

Is this it? Is this fiasco finally our?
    Paul derring reporting them as leaving I passed this evening was only one caravan at that stage. Meant to be going to finisklin halting site till ash lane ready. Great day for the town if true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just passed it and all caravans gone. The gate is blocked with the large concrete blocks and there is someone in a car keeping watch.

Advertisement