Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Banter Page and Buff Egan Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

If anybody hasn't seen it, it might interest ye. A youtube version of Buff Egan's crazy rant about Rory's Stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

All ye say about him none of us have a discussion page about us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Buff has a few screws loose somewhere. Seriously unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

PeterCasey wrote: »

Having a thread about yourself on boards is something to be hugely proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Rasputin11 wrote: »

In fairness it does say an awful lot about his popularity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

Rasputin11 wrote: »

I wouldn't no but it shows how much people are talking about him didn't even no he existed until the weekend seems to like himself.

If anybody hasn't seen it, it might interest ye. A youtube version of Buff Egan's crazy rant about Rory's Stories. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHLBIlqZWik&t=4s

Absolutely insane rant from Buff. That boy is headed for a breakdown if he is seriously upset over this sh1te. Repeated himself constantly and on about 'his rivals'??. :confused:
    Sounds likes his nose was out of joint that he was never on Radio Kerry. No harm in the chap but a pure and utter eejit

He made a good point about the use of 'sporting legend' referring to Rory and the Johnnies. Bit of a stupid term for lads who are basically on the periphery of the GAA doing a sketch here and there. I like the Johnnies (Call me bias :D) but Rory's Stories is as funny as gonorrhea.

This is a decent interview with him. Makes a few good points tbh.

He should just set up a youtube and post some match previews match reviews vlogs etc.
    If he even got a fraction of the views he gets on snapchat on it he would certainly be able to monetise it and at minimum pay his petrol expenses. I also believe that if somebody started selling t-shirts with his phrases on them for €10 they would sell just for the novelty of them. Somebody with a following of over 100,000 should be able to make money. He just needs a bit of guidance as he's a little stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

He should just set up a youtube and post some match previews match reviews vlogs etc.
    If he even got a fraction of the views he gets on snapchat on it he would certainly be able to monetise it and at minimum pay his petrol expenses. I also believe that if somebody started selling t-shirts with his phrases on them for €10 they would sell just for the novelty of them. Somebody with a following of over 100,000 should be able to make money. He just needs a bit of guidance as he's a little stupid.
    It's amazing that in one paragraph that probably took about a minute to write you came up with two perfectly simple ways to monetize his success, and yet he himself spends endless time craunchauling about not making any money from his endeavours and the best he can come up with is some vague cribbing that someone, somewhere, should be putting their have in their pocket and just giving him money. I mean, has he nobody around him with even an ounce of cop on who could make a suggestion as simple as setting up a YouTube channel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

PeterCasey wrote: »

Well given the low opinion a lot of people here seem to have of him (his lack of intelligence, in particular) I'm not entirely sure if having your own discussion page is anything to be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Absolutely insane rant from Buff. That boy is headed for a breakdown if he is seriously upset over this sh1te. Repeated himself constantly and on about 'his rivals'??. :confused:
    Sounds likes his nose was out of joint that he was never on Radio Kerry. No harm in the chap but a pure and utter eejit

He made a good point about the use of 'sporting legend' referring to Rory and the Johnnies. Bit of a stupid term for lads who are basically on the periphery of the GAA doing a sketch here and there. I like the Johnnies (Call me bias :D) but Rory's Stories is as funny as gonorrhea.

Not sure about the bolded part to be honest, plenty of slightly disturbing snaps, posts and tweets about young girls that are at best inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭celt262

danganabu wrote: »
    Not sure about the bolded part to be honest, plenty of slightly disturbing snaps, posts and tweets about young girls that are at best inappropriate.

Any examples of these I have been following him since September and dont recall anything disturbing.

celt262 wrote: »
    Any examples of these I have been following him since September and dont recall anything disturbing.

To be honest I deleted and blocked him on all social media, he was always puting up snaps of girls with the phrase 'tantalizing' on them and when I say girls I mean girls and he was constantly using the phrase 'I'm buff, I'm the stuff and the girls can't get enough'' there are plenty of other examples of inappropriate comments and snaps etc. I'm sure others have examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

danganabu wrote: »
    To be honest I deleted and blocked him on all social media, he was always puting up snaps of girls with the phrase 'tantalizing' on them and when I say girls I mean girls and he was constantly using the phrase 'I'm buff, I'm the stuff and the girls can't get enough'' there are plenty of other examples of inappropriate comments and snaps etc. I'm sure others have examples.

I cant recall any stuff like that, must have missed it.

Glebee wrote: »
    I cant recall any stuff like that, must have missed it.

Could be a case of me reading more into it that was actually meant, something about the guy just doesnt sit right with me to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

OK guys, lets be careful about the direction this thread may be veering towards. If anyone has a problem with the way someone is conducting their social media account, the place to highlight it is with the content provider.

I'll ask you to please refrain from commenting here about the appropriateness or otherwise of someones posts on a different platform. Thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Well given the low opinion a lot of people here seem to have of him (his lack of intelligence, in particular) I'm not entirely sure if having your own discussion page is anything to be proud of.

Tbh, at times this thread reads like a bunch of jealous school girls critising every single action of a popular kid who they secretly love / want to be.

Don’t forget a small handful of posters on here with a particular opinion of a person does not mean it’s the general opinion. It’s like the latelate / liveline threads on boards, full of hate / nastiness of the show by a small group of people who strangely choose to watch / listen something they claim to not enjoy, yet the show itself is a huge ratings hit! Strange behaviour

Fair play to the lad I say, fills a void in the GAA social media sphere. I’m not going to be drawn into gossiping about the private life (such as the distasteful areas covered in this thread like his finances / nights out) of someone providing this service which is well appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 The sensation

I'm after driving all the way to Cork and had to eat a nice meal out. Going to post updates on Instagram. I can't believe I don't get a free car or sponsorship because of this. Insert inane catchphrase here

Buff Egans commentary on Eoin Murphy's incredible save from Alan Cadogan of Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Just saw Buff’s snapchat with the child who had Buff’s face on his birthday cake.

It’s clear that Buff is a bit of a hero for the child and it’s great to see Buff making the child’s day by including him in his snapchat.

Buff has his faults, but his intentions are pure and he is trying to spread a bit of positivity in the world.

Clare v Tipperary Hurling Highlights - Buff Egan

I'm after driving all the way to Cork and had to eat a nice meal out. Going to post updates on Instagram. I can't believe I don't get a free car or sponsorship because of this. Insert inane catchphrase here

I sentence them to.....DELETION!!!

DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

I see Buff had a busy weekend at matchs, in Thurles Saturday evening and Croker on Sunday. He even made it to the victory celebrations in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Anthony Nash is some condition on his snapchat 2 hours ago hahaha

Buff Egan had some night of it in Kanturk last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭big_drive

Nash wouldn’t have hit a puck out for you today ��

Gardner wrote: »
    Anthony Nash is some condition on his snapchat 2 hours ago hahaha

Was thinking that too. Kind of annoying me that snaps uploaded from camera roll and those taken in the app look exactly the same now because you can't know if that was actually the time it was taken..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭big_drive

Was thinking that too. Kind of annoying me that snaps uploaded from camera roll and those taken in the app look exactly the same now because you can't know if that was actually the time it was taken..

I know lads down there. It was the time alright, they’re still going tonight 😂

• Advertisement

big_drive wrote: »
    I know lads down there. It was the time alright, they’re still going tonight 😂

Might as well sure! :D

Advertisement